• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 11,397 Views, 1,112 Comments

Four Hooves - destinedjagold



A human was transported to Equestria and transformed into a pony. Unfortunately, he needs to get back home, and Equestria doesn't look the same as in the show.

  • ...
57
 1,112
 11,397

1 - 08

“Mrfff...?” I hate being a light sleeper. Little noises wake me up from my slumber. Although it saved me a few times from the pranks my brother tried to pull on me while I was asleep. Anyway, with me being turned into a freaking pony, my hearing has been enhanced somehow.

I mumble a grumble as I slowly open my eyes in annoyance. I don’t even know why I opened my eyes, for all I see around me is pitch-black darkness, with a few faint silhouettes of my surroundings and my deer companion sleeping a few feet in front of me.

And then that annoying rustling noise is gone. This is the fourth time that noise woken me up and it’s getting freaking annoying. Every time that noise wakes me, I faintly notice Sienna’s ears turning in her sleep. I suppose she’s used to this kind of stuff. Unfortunately for me, I’m not.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I go back to sleep.

From what I heard, having a camp fire helps repel potential predators. If the one making the rustling noises is a predator, then sigh... End of the line for me. But I sure as hell hope that it won’t come to that.

Now that I think about it, I could have simply dug a small hole on the ground, place rocks around it, put wood inside the hole, and start a fire.

...Uh... How am I supposed to start a fire? I don’t have a flint and I doubt I could grab sticks on each hoof... Sigh...


...There’s that annoying rustling noise again. I wonder if I approach it, a wild Pokémon will appear.

...Nah.

And it’s gone.

Whatever...


Nnngh... That noise...!

I open my eyes and lift my head up, looking around as if I’ll ever see the offending bush or whatever that’s making that rustling noise. And of course that noise dies down. Goddamnit.


“—ay? Jay?”

I take a slow and deep breath, hold it in for a few seconds—

“Something’s out there,” I hear Sienna whisper.

“No shit,” I grumble. Aside from me easily getting annoyed or frustrated when hungry, I also easily get pissed when I don’t have enough or being continuously disturbed from my beauty sleep. I ignore the rustling sounds of leaves as I raise my head up and glare at my companion, who’s busy turning her head and ears around. It’s still freaking dark and I can barely see anything. Whatever. I slowly rise up on four hooves.

“Jay, I think we should—”

FUCK OFF!!!” I holler as I throw my glare towards the direction where that annoying sound is coming from. The sound is gone now, but my annoyance hasn’t left me yet. I drag my hoof on the ground, trying to grab something. “Go away! Leave us alone and go fuck yourself!” I feel a small rock on my hoof as soon as the words left my mouth. I angrily pick it up with both my front hooves and throw it at the direction where that stupid noise was coming from. I hear a ‘thunk!’ and then more rustling noises, and then rapid footsteps getting fainter and fainter by the second until I can no longer hear it.

I snort angrily, locking my glare on that direction for a few more seconds before I lay down and go back to sleep. I take a deep breath and sigh, repeating the process to calm myself down. Now that I think about it, damn, that was a stupid thing for me to do. Then again, I was so annoyed and wanted to go back to sleep, so eh...

“That...was a stupid thing to do,” Sienna quietly remarks.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

“And...you have a...um...colorful choice of words there, Jay...” She pauses. “But, well, it worked. Whatever it was, it’s gone now.”

“Good riddance,” I say as I finally feel my sleepiness embracing me. I let out a small yawn. “I’m getting back my beauty sleep. G’nyt.”

“Actually, it won’t be long now before the sun wakes up.”

... ... ...My eye twitches. Thrice. “...Wake me up when I’m dead.”


“Wakey wakey, my little pony.”

Oh my god! I can’t believe she just said that! “Don’t ever say that line again,” I mumble as I lift my head up. “Also, I told you to only wake me when I’m dead.” I hear her snort as I open my tired eyes, and the early morning forest greets my vision. Judging from the sky up above, the sun is barely poking out from the horizon, and while the forest is still dark at this early hour, at least it’s not totally dark unlike last night. Sienna is already eating some grass as I pull my tired self on four hooves. I want to stretch but I don’t know how, but I stretch anyway as I yawn.

“Someone had a good night’s sleep,” she says with a mouthful of grass.

“Hah hah,” I throw her a glare as I walk over the edge of the stream. I take a drink before I dip my face under the water, letting the coldness jolt my tired body awake. If I had a towel, I would have thrown myself in the water, but then again, even if I do have a towel, how am I going to dry myself? I pull my head back up and shake the water off. “Brr...!”

“Why did you do that just now?” I hear Sienna ask from behind me.

I shrug, look down and smile as I stare at my no-longer-exhausted reflection on the running water. “It’s a technique to fully wake up if you don’t have coffee.” I don’t like coffee, by the way. I just used that line my bro kept on saying if we don’t have coffee back in the apartment. Anyway, “we should get going,” I say as I turn to her.

She blinks at me as she munches. “Mm... You’re not going to eat?”

My smile fades. “...You shouldn’t talk when your mouth’s full.”

She arches an eyebrow. “Why?”

I sigh. “Never mind. Anyway,” I look down and stare at the grass with a frown. “...I’ll eat on the way,” if I get hungry anyway. I turn around and stare at the path on the other side of the stream. “We’ll be getting to the unicorns before noon, right?” I ask as I start crossing the stream.

“What’s the hurry, anyway?” she asks as she follows me. There aren’t any rocks poking out of the stream’s surface, so she has to walk through it like what I’m doing. “It’s not like the hornie ponies are going anywhere.”

“...L-let’s stick to calling them unicorns, please? And I’m not sure if Twilight’s there.” I reach the other side of the stream. I shake the water off of my hooves before I walk down the path. “If she’s not there with them, then I’m going to continue looking for her. Hopefully, she’s not too far from the unicorns.”

“Twilight sounds like a very important pony to you,” she says.

I slightly shake my head. “It’s not like that, but—”

“So what happened between you two, anyway?”

I blink. “What do you mean?”

“Did you guys had a fight or something? An argument?” She pauses. “...Racial issues?”

Racial issues? That’s a thing here? Really? I look back at her. “Rac—” Uh, maybe next time. “Uh, again, what do you mean?”

She shrugs. “Well, something big and bad must have happened if she ran away and for you to go and look for her.” She smiles. “It’s...actually pretty sweet.”

I roll my eyes as I groan. “I’ve told you,” I say as I turn my attention back to the path ahead. “We’re not a couple...or mates or whatever you guys call it here.” I shake my head. “I just—”

“—need her help. Yeah, sure,” she says. “Help with what, I wonder?”

I’m not going to entertain that question. Eenope.

“You’re blushing. I can tell.”

I look back at her with a frown.

Her smile falters. “You’re not blushing...”

“No, I’m not.” ...How does blushing even work if my skin...our skins are covered in fur? “Look,” I say as I return my attention on the path ahead. “I just need her help, and that’s it. There’s nothing between us, period.”

Thankfully, Sienna drops the subject, but has yet to keep her mouth shut as the minutes fly by. At least the topics she is choosing isn’t boring, so I have that going for me, which is nice. The path curves and turns but it still turns back up north after a few yards or so. As the minutes become hours, the gaps between the trees becomes wider and wider. A few more minutes fly by and after Sienna and I walk on this path curving north, we see a very tall mountain behind a series of rolling green hills beyond a flat, wide and open field of grass with the occasional trees there and there and over there.

“Wow...” I breathe out as I stop on the edge of the forest. I let my eyes swim on the scene before me. At least, I would have, but my gaze is locked on a herd of cows and bulls milling around.

“Well,” I hear Sienna say as she stop beside me. “The horniecorn ponies are just beyond those hills.” She then looks at me. “Good luck with your search, Jay Pony.”

I blink and turn to see her turn around and begin walking back. “Wait... You’re leaving?”

She stops and looks at me. “Well...yes!” She smiles. “Don’t worry. There aren’t any predators out there in the open fields. Just be careful with snakes.” She turns her head back to the path as she resumes her walk.

I should at least thank her. I should. Yeah. “Uh, well, thanks.”

“Hm?” She stops and looks at me again, blinking.

I smile and nod. “Thanks for uh...escorting me all the way here. I really appreciate it.”

She smiles. “You’re welcome. Bye now.” And she walks away.

I take a deep breath and sigh as I turn my gaze back at the green plane before me, and then at that lone mountain. Right. I linger for a few more seconds before I walk out of the forest, smiling. It won’t be long now before I reach the unicorns.

...Wait... That tall and lone mountain... Is that supposed to be Canterlot?

Author's Note:

07/12/2015 - Fixed some errors. Special thanks to Noclipper for the corrections.