• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 11,332 Views, 1,086 Comments

Four Hooves - destinedjagold



A human was transported to Equestria and transformed into a pony. Unfortunately, he needs to get back home, and Equestria doesn't look the same as in the show.

  • ...
56
 1,086
 11,332

1 - 10

I don’t like confrontations, especially if it’s against a large number of people. Adding to the fact that I’m a loner, well...let’s just say that I talk more in my head than I do in real life. Not only that though, but sometimes, the tension in confrontations make the words coming out of my mouth all jumbly and messy. I prefer one on one conversations, but often times, I can also handle myself fine in group discussions, as long as there are no arguments involved.

So anyway, Missus Cow didn’t know where Twilight is. She also made it a point that she wouldn’t like to know where the crazy mare lives either. She simply led me to the bordering hills before we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

So here I am now, walking around the bases of the rolling hills as I work my way north. I’m walking through the tall grasses, which are almost reaching my neck, and they’re really lovely to look at, especially if a soft breeze passes by, making the grass stalks sway with the wind. Speaking of, despite the morning sun almost reaching the zenith, the air here’s cool, refreshing and oh so very soothing.

I would have climbed the hills and walked a straight line, but Missus Cow told me that it wasn’t a good idea. Why? Sheep lives on top of the hills. I can see a few of them grazing near the brow. Missus Cow told me that each hill has an “alpha ram” or whatever that is very, very territorial and will harm—or ram (her words, not mine)—anything that trespasses their territory or try to sheepnap his sheep...or whatever.

By the way, no, the cow’s name isn’t Missus Cow. I never got to ask for her name, so eh...

As I walk through the tall grass and hope that I won’t get bitten by snakes, and seeing as there’s nothing to distract me, my thoughts start to run from Twilight to Twilight and Twilight. And no matter how beautiful the scenery or how soothing the breeze, the thoughts in my head is weighing my spirit and my frown down.

Twilight can help me... That single sentence is no longer enough to lift me up. Twilight, in this alternate universe, cannot help me. And the cattle’s reactions were proof of that, and so were Missus Cow’s words during our short journey.

“She’s a very dangerous pony, dearie,” I recall her saying. “She suddenly appeared one day, crying and looking confused and she was asking for help. She was asking us strange and weird questions. We never really understood what she was saying as we spent minutes trying to calm her down, but after she did, she started giggling, and then laughing. She was laughing like crazy, dearie, as her horn glowed brighter and brighter. And then...she started harming us! It lasts for a couple of minutes, but it felt like hours... She then started crying as she apologized, and then she...disappeared.

“She doesn’t show up everyday, mind you, but every time she does, we panic and run away as far away from her as possible. It’s not because she harmed us during our first meeting, dearie, but when she showed up after the first time, she started taking our children! Heavens above, she almost took my child that one time! She has never been able to take away any of our children, thank the heavens above, but we cannot risk it, dearie. That is why our brave bulls started attacking her whenever she does show up, but she’s a clever mare, and not once did our bulls were able to even touch her...

“And that is why I don’t want you to go and see her. I don’t know if the horned ponies around that mountain knows where she is, but I’ll be thankful if you wouldn’t find her. I’m sorry, dearie, but whatever reason you may have for seeking her, I doubt it’s worth the risk, but...”

Twilight can’t help me. She can’t help me. She’s not the Twilight I’m hoping to meet... But I have nowhere else to go and no one else to go to... I... I...

“I want to go home...” I whisper in the wind.

“By the way, dearie... The horned ponies aren’t really...welcoming to whoever visits their land... Unlike the sheep, the horned ponies are growing more hostile as of late... There was a group of earth pony traders who stopped visiting the horned ponies a few moons ago after they were attacked by them... If you are determined to go there, then you need to be patient with them if you want them to listen to you, dearie...”

A soft breeze passes by, blowing the grass and my mane for a few seconds as I continue my slow walk towards the unicorns. The lone mountain of “Canterlot” is growing closer and closer as the minutes fly by. My hooves are starting to feel a little hurt and I’m starting to get hungry but I press on. I just...want to get this over with. Go to “Canterlot,” hope the unicorns will let me ask them where Twilight is, thank them, find Twilight, and...

She can’t help me... She can’t... She...can’t...

My eyes are starting to sting... I clench my eyes shut as I take a few deep breaths. Calm down, me... Just...calm down... Despite what they say... Despite what everyone says, I...I still don’t know yet if Twilight can or can’t help me. E-even if there’s a zero point zero one percent chance of her helping me back home, I’ll take it... I’ll try and take that chance...

...Because nopony else can help me...


Why are there so many clouds on the brown earth up ahead?

“Look, do you want these clouds or not?!” awesome pony asks as she hovers in the air, probably glaring at the glaring unicorns on the ground. I’m still a distance away from them, but damn, RD’s really losing her cool if I heard her loud and clear from here. Also, Dash’s here, too? Is she like the lead pegasus in delivering clouds? Eh...

I’ve already walked pass the rolling hills and I’m now on a plain of tall grasses heading towards the base of the giant “Canterlot” mountain. Speaking off, the mountain is really freaking huge! The base itself stretches beyond my x-axis vision area, and from the looks of it, the mountainside seems to be very, very steep. Oh, and there’s a big and dark cave on it as well, and in front of that cave is where the commotion is happening. I wonder if lone mountains are supposed to look like this.

Hm... I think I remember Pinkie saying that the unicorns live around the northern mountains, and not around one lonely mountain. Eh, I guess I must have misheard her.

I step out of the tall grasses as I stare at the peak. I blink and look at the ground, which is brown, rocky and has a few patches of green grasses here and there. There are also rocks and boulders of different shapes and sizes that are scattered everywhere I look, and as I continue walking and ignoring the arguing pegasi and unicorns up ahead, I notice quite a good number of rock formations where a flat-like rock is on top of two large boulders, forming a makeshift house or tent. So I guess it’s safe to assume that the unicorns are smart enough to make shelter.

Then again, if the weather’s controlled by the pegasi, then I suppose there’s little to no need of a roof to protect themselves from rains or storms, but then again, unlike in the pasture, the air here’s kinda warm, probably because of the lack of trees, so I guess they need something to shield themselves from the sun, and I’m babbling, and a few unicorns are already giving me death glares now. Right... I should try and be patient with them... I stop and look around, hoping to see a friendly face whom I can talk to.

“Last chance!” I hear Rainbow Dash shout. The unicorns who are glaring at me turn their attention to the loud-mouth pegasus who's still a few paces ahead. Dash is glaring at none other than an unfabulous version of Rarity. “Either you give us the gems or the deal’s off!”

“How many times to I have to repeat myself?” Rarity says as he counters the pegasus’ glare with her own. “We lost them just this morning!” She doesn’t have her signature curly mane and tail. Just like the rest of the unicorns around, her mane and tail are flat, and her mane’s length is only up to her shoulders.

“Puh!” Rainbow spits on the ground between them, but Rarity didn’t flinch. “There's your water. Enjoy,” she says as she looks at her pegasus companions. “We’ve wasted enough time.”

“Wait!” a unicorn calls out amongst the crowd. “Just give us until sundown! We’ll give you the gems as promised!”

I hear a growl close by. I turn to the direction of the noise and see a bunch of unicorns inside a rock house glaring at me with their horns and floating rocks aglow. My ears droop. “Uh...”

“The deal was,” Rainbow says, “we give you guys the clouds and then you give us the gems.”

“But...but...”

A unicorn mare steps out from the shadow of their home. “You have one breath to tell us what you’re doing here, dirt pony,” she says, a rock floating beside her head as she glares at me. “Or else...”

Cool! So that's what magic looks like in real life. But that’s not a friendly face... I gulp and take a step back, but then I start hearing sounds of uprooted rocks from the ground. I look around and see a few more unicorns levitating rocks as they glare at me. Welp, so much for the “friendship is magic” slogan of the franchise...

I take a breath as I turn to the unicorn who gave me the warning. Better ask directly then to save myself some time and pain, and to get the hell out of here. “I’m looking for T—”

“But Twilight took them all!”

The magical aura surrounding the floating rocks flicker as the unicorns wince.

“She suddenly appeared by the gems and then disappeared! Along with the gems!”

“You and your stupid and freakish magic...” Rainbow Dash shakes her head as she grabs a cloud. “We’re out.” And she zooms away, the other pegasi following her.

“Wait!”

“Great...” the unicorn in front of me sighs angrily as she eyes the retreating pegasi. She then shifts her glare on me. “We don’t have any water, and we have a dirt pony on our midst.”

I start hearing a chorus of frustrated groans from where the pegasi and the unicorns were having a discussion.

“Look!” one of them shouts. “A dirt pony!”

“What? Where?”

“Only one? How boring!”

“Well, at least we have something to channel our anger!”

Well, shit... More and more unicorns lift up rocks from under the ground, aiming their glares at me.

I feel my ears droop. R-right... Can’t stay here for long. “I ah, um, looking fo—gah!” I got hit! On the back of my neck! And it almost blacked me out as I stumble forward, my muzzle bumping on the unicorn who I was speaking with earlier.

And then she slaps me off of her. “How dare you touch me!”

I wince as I rub my nec—OW!—I feel another painful rock hitting my side! Then another, and another rock lands a few inches from my hooves. “W-wait!” I shout. “I need to—” a rock flies painfully on my cheek! I reel back, fighting the dizziness. Fuck, this isn’t working! I kick my hooves on the ground as I run away from the rock storm, zigzagging to avoid as much of the rocks as much as possible. I get a few more hits on my back but I try to man it up as I run towards the grass fields. But as I reach the tall grasses, the rocks still are falling around me, and when I finally put a lot of distance from them, a rock painfully hits the back of my head, knocking me to the grassy ground. I shiver from the pain as I place both my hooves over my head to at least protect it from the continuous onslaught of rocks, rocks and more rocks. Thankfully, the tall grasses are tall enough to hide my presence... And then a rock slams on where my cutie mark should have been. Ow...

I...guess I now know how ponies are going to act when pegasi stops delivering them rain clouds. If they stop delivering on that one pasture, then AJ and Pinkie are gonna be miserable the next time I see them...

Oh, and to Pinkie Freaking Pie, running away from a rock storm is not fun!

“—nough! Enough, I say!” I faintly hear Rarity’s voice. “This is why we can’t have things! We don’t know how to behave properly!”

“Tell that to Twilight! If she didn’t show up, then we could have already gotten some water!”

“That’s not the point!”

Their exchange continues, but for some reason, I suddenly can’t quite hear them properly. At least the rocks slowly starts to die down until no more rocks are falling from the air... Guh... I...think I’m bleeding somewhere... My mouth is so painful... My everything is so painful! Ow...especially my head...

I...I need to get outta here... Nnnnnggggg...! Ugh, I’m too painful to move... I need help... But through my hazy vision, all I can see is the tall grass and my bloody muzzle... I don’t think anyone can see me unless they stumble into me. Ow...my head and ow...my mouth...

Damn it all... I can’t stay here. Not like this... I...need to find Twilight. Get up, me! Nggg! Get...up...! I-I don’t have time for this! Don’t black out... J-just...get up... Ge—


...Ow. Why...do I feel like I’m—ow—sliding on the ground? Nnnggg... I feel...my tail...I feel like I’m being dragged on the ground by my tail... ...ow... Probably because someone’s pretty much dragging me on the ground by pulling my tail? Ow...

It’s not a continuous drag though. It’s like...pull, and then pause, pull—ow, my head slides on a poking rock on the ground—and pause. I can also faintly hear grunting noises... It’s probably from whoever’s dragging me...

I’m...too weak to move... Too weak to even open my heavy eyes... Ungh... I’m...I feel myself slipping from consciousness again... D-darn...

Author's Note:

So I've discovered that each double quotation marks (") adds 1 word each in a chapter's word count, while double curly quotation marks (“”) doesn't, so I used the curly ones in this chapter and for the next chapters so that fimfic will display the proper number of words in a chapter. :3

I'll probably edit the early chapters, too, when I get the time and don't feel lazy. x3