• Published 26th May 2015
  • 654 Views, 5 Comments

How it started: Vinyl Scratch and Neon Lights - PhoenixBlaz3



Have you ever wondered how Vinyl and Neon fell in love? If you were, then read this story, to find out how two DJs fell in love. With sick beats and stunning light, this is a story you should read... unless you don't want to.

  • ...
 5
 654

A meeting with a lady

A meeting with a lady

There was a loud hubbub in the Canterlot Castle Ballroom, as Fancypants welcomed many ponies of high society into the ballroom. It was decorated quite elegantly, with beautiful bunting of silk and lace presented on top of the ancient, magic-fuelled windows.

"Why, my dear Rarity, welcome to the party." greeted Fancypants, shaking the hoof of the young designer.

"Why thank you, Fancypants." replied Rarity

"Fancypants, you're ignoring your guests." called a pink-haired mare with white fur.

"Excuse me, Rarity, I'm off to greet some other ponies." said Fancypants calmly, as he trotted off to Fleur dis Lee. "I'll be with you in a moment, dear."

"Hello Rarity." started a unicorn with a blue-greenish coat. He was wearing a black tuxedo, a white collar and a black tie. Surprisingly, he was wearing black shades and had a wild hairstyle. "Where did you get such a lovely dress."

"Oh, this piece of fabric?" chuckled Rarity. "I designed myself."

"My, it is quite stunning." continued the stallion. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Neon Lights. Just to ask, where exactly in Equestria do you live?"

"Well, I'm staying at the Canterlot Castle, but I live in Ponyville." she replied nervously. She didn't want anyone knowing that she wasn't really as sophisticated as the other ponies.

"I presume you design dresses for a living, then?" questioned Neon Lights. Rarity nodded. "I'll have to visit someday, maybe I can get a better tuxedo. This one's been growing on me." Rarity chuckled, as her tummy started to rumble.

"Please excuse me, I'm feeling a bit peckish. I'm going to get myself some refreshing olives." said Rarity as she started to walk to the table that I have no idea what it's called if it's a derb table or a dirt table. Ponyville, thought Neon. I'll have to visit there someday.

Three days later...

Neon Lights stared at the small landscape. He had travelled a long way from Canterlot to this rural town. Seems kinda small. thought Neon. He payed the carriage driver 73 bits. The pony took it slowly.

"Thank you." nodded Neon, smiling at the carriage pony as it galloped away. He entered the small village, staring at the simple timber-framed houses. Soon he crossed a bridge, where a brown earth pony (with a sand timer cutie mark) and a grey pegasus (with bubbles as her cutie mark) were nuzzling each other. Neon held in his laughs as their nuzzles missed and they bumped heads. After 15 minutes, he ended up in a market. He started looking for a stalk with dresses and tuxedos. However, when he failed in doing so, he noticed that obviously dresses wouldn't be sold in a market, so he asked a pony who was selling asparagus where Rarity. He told Neon that she was at Carousel Boutique, so he started to trot off until he bumped into somepony.

"Hey, watch it, pal!" yelled the unicorn mare who had bumped into him. She had a white coat with blue hair that was brushed to one side. She was wearing sunglasses like him, and her cutie mark was an eighth note. He stood up and handed her her bags back.

"My bad." apologised Neon. She stubbornly trotted off. Geez, thought Neon Lights. I hope that other ponies don't act like that. Soon, he found a poster that said: DJ VS DJ: WOULD YOU CHALLENGE DJ PON3? He noticed that under the poster there was a piece of parchment where he could sign AND challenge this DJ PON3. Deciding he could give it a shot, he signed the paper, and finally made his way to the Carousel Boutique. A bell rang once he opened the door.

"Please excuse me, I'll be with you in a moment." exclaimed Rarity in a cheerful tone. Suddenly she saw Neon. "Sorry about this, but I have no tuxedos in stock, I'm afraid."

"O-ok, that's ok. When will you be getting more in stock?" asked Neon Lights.

"The fabric won't be too hard to make, but I'll need some measurements." grinned Rarity. She pulled out that paper measurer thing that I have no idea what it's called. Neon sighed as Rarity started measuring him, jotting down the results on a piece of paper. Finally, after 15 minutes, Rarity had the measurements she needed and was finally able to get to work. Suddenly, the clouds turned grey; a heavy drizzle started to fall. A white unicorn filly and a brown earth pony charged into the boutique. The white unicorn had a blue jacket over her hair and the front of her body, however the brown earth pony wasn't as lucky; he was wet to the bone, and felt a sudden jolt of heat run through him once he was inside the warm, relaxing boutique.

"Thanks for lending me your coat, Button." smiled the white unicorn filly, looking at the brown earth pony. Neon deduced that the name of the brown earth pony was Button.

"You're welcome." replied Button. The two foals started nuzzling each other. Neon looked away in disgust while Rarity grinned to herself. "Hello Mr Green pony with epic shades."

"Hello, Button." nodded Neon Lights.

"Rarity, is this your new stallionfriend?" asked the white unicorn filly.

"Of course not, Sweetie Belle. He's just here to pick up a tuxedo." Rarity paused. "He just came by so I could get his measurements.

"I see, he's getting a tuxedo for your marriage." joked the white unicorn, who Neon Lights guessed was named Sweetie Belle.

"I'm so sorry about this, Neon Lights." apologised Rarity."Now, Sweetie Belle, you and Button can go up to your room and play some video games."

"Yay!" cheered the two foals. They headed up the stairs, as Neon took a sigh of relief.

"So, I'll pick up the tuxedo tomorrow then?" questioned Neon.

"Yes, it'll be ready at around 11:00am." nodded Rarity. Neon trotted out of the boutique, pulling out an umbrella so he wouldn't get wet. He found himself a hotel, bought a room and trotted up the stairs to the room. He lay on the bed, after doing all the things you do when you enter a room, pulled up the covers and drifted off to sleep. However, his mind started to drift off to the contest against the DJ PON3, and pondered on the outcome of the music duel.

Author's Note:

First chapterrrr!!! Will be some VinylxNeon next chapter.

Comments ( 5 )

Dangit! Put the second chapter in the first, and now the comment i wrote isn't here! Oh well...

When I finish the next chapter I'll put it into the first chapter. However I haven't even started it!

Sorry, guys. I cancelled this story as I don't see it going anywhere.:fluttercry: If I get a few likes, I might come up with an idea to carry on.

I don't see anything wrong with this, but i know that others will toss just about anything in the scrap heap just because. Proof= two likes, two dislikes and only two views on one of my stories... makes you stop and think. i would defiantly read more if more was written!

6401826 Ok, thanks! I'll start brainstorming any ideas and see if I can get this story up and running again! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment