• Published 11th May 2015
  • 266 Views, 1 Comments

A Vacation in History - Blank Canvas



Twilight's teleportation spell goes horribly wrong.

  • ...
 1
 266

Twilight Realizes

Gregorian Calendar: April 11, 1241
Equestrian Calendar: The 1st Day of the 6th month, 230 years after the Banishment of Nightmare Moon

When Twilight woke up, it was dawn. Twilight found herself in the middle of a stone fortifcation of sorts. "Is this the king's castle? It seems kinda shabby," she said, "...and smelly." She went to look for the outside. When she looked out, she found out that there was a large field, a bridge, and a wide river. The Duke said that London would be on the edge of a river. "So this is London..." she mumbled. "Seems kinda tiny to me. Ponyville is bigger than this!"

She looked out the window again, and all of a sudden, she saw a huge horde of men, all of them riding Earth ponies across the bridge and yelling while they were doing so. "WHAT THE HECK?!"

She quickly tried to hide in the castle. Large armies of men, wearing some sort of chain mail, were all attempting to attack the other army. Neither army seemed to have the weaponry or the clothing of the aliens she saw the last night.

She then realized something. She must have been in a different time. That was the only thing that would explain the downgraded technology. It's happened before, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. "Maybe this is just a dream," she said. All of a sudden, an arrow grazed her. A few inches closer, and her right forehoof would have been paralyzed. "Yep...definitely not a dream."

Twilight watched for hours as the aliens shot each other with crossbows and jabbed each other with spears. The leader of the crossing army was attempting to build a bridge across the river. "How do I get out of here?!"

After hours of fighting, she decided to take action. She yelled out the window and yelled: "EVERYPONY!" Some of the armored soldiers stopped to pay attention to Twilight, only to be killed by the horsemen. Realizing that what she did would not have an effect on the war, she quickly decided to leave as fast as she could.

Eventually, she found herself in a large town. It seemed like a large version of Ponyville, and it seemed like a safe haven for her. "Maybe I can hide here until this whole nonsense is over."

But Twilight was wrong. The horsemen had followed her. They knew her power, and know she had unwittingly allowed them to invade the capital. Two of the horsemen seized her and kidnapped her. "No! Get offa me, you brutes! I'm too young to die!"

The horsemen ignored her. Twilight even attempted to convince the horses to stop moving, but they had no response. They didn't even look at her. She was taken for miles and miles. As she attempted to escape, she quickly began to tire. Eventually, she drifted off into a smooth sleep...

Author's Note:

What do you think of the story so far? What do you think I should do to improve it? :trixieshiftright:

Comments ( 1 )

Inreristinf please continue. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment