• Published 11th May 2015
  • 266 Views, 1 Comments

A Vacation in History - Blank Canvas



Twilight's teleportation spell goes horribly wrong.

  • ...
 1
 266

Experimenting With a New Spell

Gregorian Date: May 5, 2015 anno domini
Equestrian Date: The 29th Day of the 6th Month, 1004 years after the Banishment of Nightmare Moon

Twilight Sparkle looked upon her spell book. She was attempting to figure out a way to travel from Ponyville to Canterlot.

"With this spell, I can be ready just in case Celestia needs another assignment to be done or another monster to slain!" Twilight said eagerly.

She was attempting to improve on the existing teleportation spells by changing the direction and distance. If her math was correct, she'd finally be able to solve the transportation problem. If her math was incorrect...Celestia would need to find a new student.

Twilight quickly formulated the spell. "Let's see...carry the 5...add 14,400...remember the Ponygorean Theorum...square root...and...done!" She had finally figured it out, and now she only had to test it. She was definitely worried, but she was definitely willing to take the risk. She began to focus all her might and mind on the spell...

ZAP!

She found herself standing on top a parapet on Canterlot Castle. She quickly began to fall off, but luckily, today was a particularly windy day. She quickly caught control of a thermal and quickly flew to safety. "That was a close call", she thought, "I think I may have to improve my spell just a bit."

She tried the spell again, this time taking into account the castle's shape, the shape of her house, and possible locations for her to show up in the castle (without getting melded into the floor or a Royal Guard). "Let's try this again," Twilight said in a frustrated tone. She began to focus on her horn again, and, all of a sudden, an aura of electricity surrounded her. Before she had time to respond, she had disappeared.

Twilight was gone.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the first chapter is a little padded out. I just didn't want to rush it too much.

Constructive criticisms, suggestions, and wise advice is appreciated! :twilightsheepish: