• Published 10th May 2015
  • 286 Views, 1 Comments

"START NEW WORLD" - Sketch_the_Pegasus



The Mane Six are on their journey in a side lesson sent by Celestia, but this one has an unexpected turn.

  • ...
3
 1
 286

The Lesson

Twilight Sparkle was just finishing up a message to Sunset Shimmer, a friend of hers from another world. They had a special journal used for when Sunset wishes to ask Princess Twilight for advice. The message she had given Twilight mainly talked about how she helped Fluttershy rescue her pet bunny Angel from a high place. Spike was writing her letter back to Sunset.

"Angel can indeed be somewhat pushy and rude, but when given the right attention, he can also be sweet," Twilight told Spike to write. "I hope to hear about some other antics here soon! Your friend, Twilight Sparkle. How's that, Spike?" she asked.

"Sounds perfect!" the young dragon replied, closing the journal. "The Angel there sounds a lot like the Angel here!"

"They pretty much are." Twilight chuckled and went back to reading a book. She used her magic to carry it as she walked back to the throne room, where a few of her friends were rearranging the room.

"A little more to the left. No… the right! STOP, that's perfect!" Rarity, the element of generosity and master of all things fashion, bossed around. "Now for the next one!"

Rainbow Dash groaned. "These things are heavy! Can we take a break?"

Rarity rolled her eyes. "You only moved one!"

"Yeah, but they're still heavy!" Rainbow Dash was the element of loyalty and was quite competitive, though lazy at times.

“I- I agree with Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy whispered. “A- And of course you, Rarity! But these thrones are… really heavy.” Fluttershy was the element of kindness, and loved all things animals. She was also really shy.

Rarity moaned. “Fine, you can take a break. But for ten minutes and no more!”

Rainbow Dash proudly sat in her throne, and Fluttershy went to her own. Next to them, Pinkie Pie, the party planner for Ponyville and the element of laughter, was blowing up some balloons and tying them to her throne.

“What’s going on…?” Twilight asked as she sat in her throne, which was now in its new place.

“Oh I just thought we could use a bit of redecorating,” Rarity replied, sitting down into hers.

“Ah…”

Spike got into his own throne and became cozy, soon falling asleep.

“Oh, Rainbow Dash, have you seen Applejack?” Twilight asked.

“AJ went back to Sweet Apple Acres to work on some chores of hers,” the Pegasus replied. “She said she’ll bring us back something when she’s done.”

“Excellent!” Twilight went back to reading her book.

A pony walked in carrying more books. “Uh, Princess Twilight?”
Twilight looked up from her book. “Yes?”

“I got a few books from Princess Cadence. It seems she was really excited to send you these,” he said.

Twilight beamed, “Put them in the library! I’ll organize them later.”

The pony nodded and left the room.

Princess Cadence was Twilight’s sister-in-law, and was her old foal-sitter. She married Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor. The pony who had delivered the books to her came back into the room a few minutes later and bowed to her before leaving. Twilight smiled and bowed her head to him and watched him go.

About fifteen minutes had passed when Applejack came back with a plate of fresh apple dumplings. “One for each a y’all, and two for Spike and Pinky,” she chuckled.

Spike had instantly woken up to the sweet smell of the apple dumplings. She handed them out on plates to each one of them and sat in her own throne. Applejack was the element of honesty. She lives on a farm with her Granny Smith, her sister Applebloom, and her brother Big Macintosh.

Twilight took hers and smiled. “Thank you, Applejack!”

“No problem!” She grinned and sat on her throne, beginning to eat her apple dumpling.

Pinkie Pie nearly ate hers in a couple of bites. “Wow Applejack!” she said with her mouth full. “These are the best apple dumplings yet!”

“Applebloom made them,” she replied. “That little filly’s growing up so fast!” Applejack chuckled.

“Well she’s not wrong,” Rainbow Dash chimed in. “These are pretty good.”

Twilight nodded in agreement, and so did Rarity.

“Ah, well, thank ya kindly!” Applejack smiled and wiped a couple crumbs off of her.

Rainbow Dash leaned over to Fluttershy and whispered to her, “I think Rarity’s forgotten about the thrones.” She smirked.

Fluttershy looked at her and nodded, smiling, then went back to eating.

Once they were done, they began chatting amongst themselves and laughing, then Spike looked as if he was about to throw up.

“Did Spike have too many apple dumplings?” Rainbow Dash joked.

“Be nice!” Fluttershy objected.

Spike burped and out came a letter.

“A letter from Princess Celestia?” Twilight asked, confused. She took the letter with her magic and read it aloud:

Dear Princess Twilight,

Though you are not the same student you were, this is a lesson given to students that you used to be. Luna found a spell and tried it out. She said she loved it! She came to me and recommended to give it to you so you and your friends could try it out together. Once the spell is completed, there will be a list of instructions for you and your friends to follow in order to complete the lesson. I will be waiting for a reply!

Signed, Princess Celestia

“What kind of spell?” Spike asked.

“I’m not sure!” Twilight replied, puzzled.

Rainbow Dash sat back in her throne. “I don’t think we should risk it.”

“I agree with Rainbow Dash,” Rarity pleaded.

Applejack got up. “Well, we don’t know what it is yet!”

“She has a point,” Fluttershy whispered.

Pinkie Pie jumped up. “Why don’t we leave the decision to Twilight?!” she yelled.

The ponies stared at her for a moment. “Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash started, “that may be the smartest thing you’ve ever said like that.”

Pinkie ginned and sat back down.

“What should we do?” Spike asked, looking at the letter.

Twilight sighed. “I’m not sure. I’ve never gotten a lesson from Luna before, even if Celestia approved of it first and sent it….”

“Twilight, darling, I don’t think you should do it, personally,” Rarity suggested.

“I’m going to do it,” Twilight objected. “I just… don’t know when.”

“We’ll come back tomorrow to see if you’re ready to perform the spell,” Rarity exclaimed. And with that, the ponies left. All but Twilight and Spike to make the decision.

And that’s just what they did. They came back the next day, and Twilight still refused to perform the spell. They came back the next day, and the next. But finally after a week had passed, Twilight sighed. “Fine, I’ll do it.”

The ponies yelled in excitement. Twilight looked at the spell and gulped nervously. “Here goes nothing….”

She charged up her horn and it glowed bright. A flash filled the room, and when it faded, the room was dark. Except for a floating rectangular prism made of magic with the words “START NEW WORLD” etched into it.

“What do we do now?” Spike asked, slightly weirded out.

“Push it!” Rainbow Dash urged.

“How do you know that we should push it?!” Rarity objected.

“It’s clearly a button. Can’t you see?” She flew up to it and slowly began pushing it in, making it decrease in size slightly as if it were in an invisible wall.

“Stop!” Twilight yelled, making Rainbow Dash flinch and look at her. “I think I have to do this….”

“Then do it!” Rainbow Dash complained.

Twilight gulped again and flew up to it. Shakily, she put her hoof to it and began pushing it in. Once it was pushed, a portal appeared and began sucking them in.

Instantly, the ponies began trying to get away from it. But the suction was too powerful. They all got sucked in.

A few minutes later, Twilight slowly opened her eyes and shook her head. She looked at the pixelated ground below her and her eyes widened. She looked around and saw that the world around them was vacant and made of blocks.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment