• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 23,576 Views, 771 Comments

In a time of need - Small Muffin



After being abandoned by her friends, Sunset Shimmer wanders the steets alone, with no hope left, she gives up, only to be saved at the last second. Meanwhile her friends are trying to find her, and apologize for what they've done.

  • ...
27
 771
 23,576

Good times and bad times

Sonata placed two large pillows in front of the tv, and reached over to the game console to hit the on button. "C'mon, it'll be fun." She looked behind her at Sunset, who sat down on one of the pillows, "I'll even go easy on you," Sonata added.

Both Adagio and Sonata knew it would be best to try and get the current situation out of Sunset's head, and get her thinking about something else for now. Naturally, Sonata's first idea was video games, which Sunset was happy to go along with.

"You don't need to go easy on me, Sonata," Sunset said as Sonata sat on the pillow next to her and handed her a controller.

"Awe, c'mon. It wouldn't be very fair if I didn't give you an easy ride." Sonata smiled as the game started up. It was a fighting game, one that Sunset was no stranger to. After going through the character select screen, and the loading scree that followed that, the game loaded.

"Alrighty then," Sonata began, as she pointed at Sunset's controller, "You can press that button to jump, that button to do a light attack, that one for a heavy attack, and you ca-"

"Player two wins!"

"Waitwha???" Sonata looked back at the screen, and saw she had already been defeated. "How did you just..?"

Sunset gave a weak, forced smile, "I told you, you don't need to go easy on my, Sonata," Sunset repeated.

"Oh, played this one before have you?" Sonata asked as the next round began, "Alrighty then, have it your way!" for the next minute the screen was full of movement, with attacks flying all over the place and both characters getting thrown back and forth. It eventually ended with Sunset's character laying on the ground.

"Player one wins!"

"Gotcha!" Sonata turned to Sunset and poked her tounge out. The final round was more or less identical to the last, and it ended the same way as well. With Sunset's character on the ground, defeated.

"Player one wins!"

"Oh yeah!!" Sonata threw her arms up in the air victoriously, "I won! Oh yeah, go me! I'm the best!" Sunset on the other hand, put her down controller on the floor, and sighed, making Sonata feel a tad guilty for boasting so much. "I uh, I mean, don't get upset, you'll probably win next time," Sonata quickly said, "I just got lucky, that's all..."

"Finally, someone who can actually play this game," Sunset said calmly.

"Huh?" Sonata asked, "You're not upset you lost are you?"

"Course not," Sunset replied, turning her head slightly and shooting Sonata a small grin, "On the contrary, I'm glad to go up against someone who actually stands a chance against me."

Sonata giggled lightly, "Oh, is that how it is?"

"Rematch?" Sunset asked, picking the controller back up.

Sonata returned the small grin to Sunset. "Sure. I'll beat you a second time, why not?"

Moments later, after another three rounds, it was Sonata's character laying in defeat this time.

"Oh come on!!!" Sonata yelled.

"What's wrong, Sonata? Don't get upset just because I beat you," Sunset said, in a light mocking tone.

"You were one hit away! I had you beat there!" Sonata replied.

"You had me beat? I'm pretty sure that says player two wins on the screen. Who's player two again?" Sunset asked.

"Rematch! Now!" Sonata demanded.

"Alright, I'll kick your ass again!" Sunset replied.

The two of them stared at each other for a few seconds, and then they both broke out laughing at each other. Slowly, they both began to calm down. "Sorry about that, I... I don't know what came over me there," Sunset said.

"Me neither," Sonata replied.

"I can get a little, competitive at this game," Sunset continued.

"Tell me about it," Sonata said, "I might be a little mad about this as well. There's only so many times I can beat Aria before that begins to get boring."

"Yeah," Sunset laughed, "I know how you feel. Speaking of Aria, when is she gonna be back?"

Sonata shrugged, "I dunno. Oh!" Sonata began searching her pockets for her phone, which wasn't there. "DAGI!" she called out, "CAN YOU GET MY PHONE FOR ME!?!? IT'S IN MY ROOM!!"

"WHAT!" Adagio yelled back from her room, "WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT?!"

"BECAUSE I'M PLAYING A GAME WITH SUNSET RIGHT NOW!!"

Adagio walked out from her room, and looked at the two girls in front of the tv. More specifically, she saw Sunset had a smile on her face, one that wasn't forced or fake in any way. She was, actually smiling. "Sure Sonata, I'll be back in a sec." Calmly, Adagio walked towards Sonata's room, and went in.


As Adagio walked into Sonata's room, she quickly saw the phone on Sonata's bed side cabinet. she walked over to it, shaking her head. She reached out to pick it up, bit something else caugt her eye. It was another phone, right next to Sonata's, Sunset's phone.

Adagio shook the thought from her mind, and picked up Sonata's phone. But as she turned around, Sunset's phone began vibrating on the cabinet.

Adagio was about to leave the room, and ignore the phone. In just about any other situation, she would have done. Despite being together for thousands of years, there were still the occasional secrets they each had, and the three sirens did respect each others privacy, especially Adagio. She knew it would be wrong to snoop through Sonata's diary, or go through Aria's phone, and it was the same for Sunset.

In any normal situation, Adagio would have simply ignored the phone. But this wasn't a normal situation.

Against her better judgment, Adagio pocketed Sonata's phone, picked up Sunset's, and saw that she apparently had over three hundred unread messages, one of which had just been sent, and two hundred missed calls. Adagio went through some of the messages, starting with her first unread message.

I can't believe we trusted you Sunset!

Hey Shimmer, why aren't you in today? Trying to get dirt on someone else for your next post?

Just what do you think you're playing at Sunset? You really think this plan of yours is gonna work?

Just a heads up, no one's falling for your crybaby act this time, so just give it up! We all know it's you!

Why don't you just go back where you belong you pony freak!

Just an FYI, you're not invited to anymore of my parties! Or any sleepovers! Ya got that!?

"They really do want you dead, don't they?" Adagio muttered quietly.

Most of the messages were like that, nothing but insults and vile hatred in the form of the text, and each one only made Adagio angrier and angrier, but there was one she saw that was different from the others.

Sunset, can we talk about this whole mess? I know I've said some mean things, but I'm starting to think we have the wrong person. Please message me back.

"Dagi!!! Have found my phone yet?!"

Adagio was snapped out of her concentration by Sonata yelling from the other room. "Not yet!" Adagio yelled back, before returning her attention to the phone. She looked through some of the texts, but there was only one other thing that caught her eye.

A full on conversation between Sunset and an RD.

RD
Where the hell are you Shimmer?! What you just said about Scoots is to far! The next time I see you, you're gonna be sorry Sunset!!

SS
Rainbow I swear, it's not me doing this! I don't even know what's being said anymore! Why won't any of you believe me!?

RD
Oh please, what you just said about her is something that only me and her knew about. I knew it was a mistake to tell you about that!

SS
There were six of us at that sleepover, you didn't just tell me! Besides, maybe Scootaloo told someone else about it!

RD
So now you want me to think that it's Pinkie, Rarity, Aj or even Fluttershy behind this! Are you really that desperate!?

SS
I'm not saying it's one of our friends, I'm just saying you didn't just tell me.

RD
So if you're saying it's not you or one of my friends, and the only other one who knew that about Scootaloo was her herself, then are you accusing Scoots of being Anon-A-Miss? You're sick Shimmer!

SS
Of course I'm not saying it's Scootaloo, why would she even do this?

RD
I'll ask you the same question, why would you do it, Sunset?

SS
Dash, I wouldn't do something like this!

RD
Well I'll tell you then. Does, revenge for your public humiliation in front of the entire school, ring any bell?

SS
You know I've changed since then...

RD
I thought you had, Sunset, but obviously you're still just looking out for your own selfish goals.

SS
Rainbow, please, give me one chance, just one.

RD
Fuck off you stupid she-demon!

SS
Rainbow... you don't really mean that, do you?

SS
Please tell me you don't mean that Dash...

RD
Do I need to repeat myself, Sunset?

SS
Alright Dash, I get it...

RD
Are you really just sitting at your computer updating your little blog right now!? Seriously?

SS
What do you mean?

RD
You just updated your stupid blog again. How do you even know that about Applebloom anyway?

SS
I'm not even going to argue with you anymore Dash. Goodbye!

RD
Good riddance!!!

Sunset didn't reply to that one, and this, Rainbow person, didn't send another one for about half an hour.

RD
OH MY GOD! SUNSET WHERE ARE YOU!? WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

Although, it wasn't just this one message she got. It seemed that between three o'clock, and quarter past three, Sunset had received pretty much the same message from about fifty people. I guess whatever this Anon-A-Miss person did at three must have pissed of the entire school tenfold for everyone to message you like that, Adagio thought.

"No..." She shook her head, and took a very, very deep breath. "No more Adagio," she said to herself as she came out of the message screen, "If Sunset catches you going through her phone, then whatever trust she has in you will be blown to shreds," she mumbled.

Right as she put the phone down and turned around, it vibrated on the desk.

Incoming call.

While she tried to ignore it, she couldn't help but glance at the phone, and at the caller ID. Almost immediately, she grabbed the phone off of the desk. As she saw the callers name, her anger that had been slowly building up as she read those messages took hold of her, as she answered the phone.

The call was from the same person Sunset was texting to yesterday. RD.

Author's Note:

Yay, a new chapter!

I know I probably went a little bit far with Rainbow here, and it may seem out of character for her, but that was intentionally done.

Any and all criticism and comments are appreciated.