• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 23,509 Views, 771 Comments

In a time of need - Small Muffin



After being abandoned by her friends, Sunset Shimmer wanders the steets alone, with no hope left, she gives up, only to be saved at the last second. Meanwhile her friends are trying to find her, and apologize for what they've done.

  • ...
27
 771
 23,509

Confrontation

Trixie and Dash both arrived at Ponyville park, where they were supposed to be meeting Sunset, and noticed Rarity and Twilight had already arrived ahead of them. "HEY!" Rainbow shouted to them, before her and Trixie ran over to them. "How did you two get here before us?" Rainbow asked.

"We had a lift," Rarity replied.

"Trixie doesn't suppose Sunset's already been and gone. Has she?" Trixie asked.

Twilight shook her head. "Not yet." Twilight looked around the snow covered park, it was a rather nice place, and it seemed so different from the city that now surrounded her. "I hope she's alright..."

"She didn't sound alright over the phone," Rainbow replied, "She said it was a simple sore throat, but it sounded lke more than that."

"Well we'll just have to wait until she arrives," Rarity said, glancing around. "Whenever that is."

Trixie looked at her phone. "She should be here by now. You don't think she blew us off, do you?" she asked.

"I hope she didn't," Twilight said.

"I wouldn't put it past her right now," Dash replied, "If I was her, you're the last people I'd want to see right now..."

"Rainbow Dash! That's not funny!" Rarity said angrily.

"Good, cus I wasn't joking!" Rainbow snapped back.

"There's no need to yell, I was only saying," Rarity replied.

"Yeah, and I was only saying if Sunset doesn't show up, it wouldn't really surprise me!" Rainbow replied.

"Are we seriously about to start fighting against each other?" Trixie asked rhetorically. "Because if you ask me that's the very LAST thing we should be doing."

"Trixie's right." Twilight stood in between Rarity and Rainbow, "We all need to stay clam about this, and give Sunset a warm welcome when she gets here! Not this!"

Rainbow and Rarity looked at each other regretfully. Twilight was right, this whole mess happened because everyone got too angry at Sunset for doing this, they didn't even consider the thought that the girl spending her time crying in the bathroom might be innocent. Getting angry was one of the things that started this, and it certainly wasn't going to fix anything.

Rarity sighed, and looked around. "Hey!" she began, overjoyed that someone else was coming. "There's someone..." That joy quickly evaporated as it was obviously not Sunset. But that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that everyone there recognized the woman walking towards them. She was the leader of the three sirens.

"Well isn't this fantastic!" Rarity mumbled.

"What is she doing here?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, if she's here to fight," Trixie began, "Take it from someone who got punched in the face by her last night, she isn't that strong."

"Rainbow..." Twilight began, "Didn't you say there was something wrong with Sunset's voice when you were talking to her over the... whatever it was?" she asked, a sudden serious tone in her voice.

"Over the phone?" Rainbow replied, "She did sound a bit off, bu-"

"You're sure that was actually Sunset, right?"

Rainbow swallowed nervously, "Yeah, I called her on her phone. Twilight, what are you trying to..." The princesses stare said it all. "You think I was talking to her?"

"Well, Sunset isn't anywhere around, and she's headed right towards us," Twilight replied.

The siren quickly approached, and seemed rather angry. "Which one of you is Rainbow Dash?" she asked.

The four girls looked at each other cautiously. "I am." Rainbow Dash stepped forward.

"Well on behalf of Sunset Shimmer, I have a message for you..."

Rainbow almost smiled. Almost. "From Suns-"

Rainbow was quickly cut off by a sudden kick to the stomach and punch in the face. As Dash stumbled back in pain, she felt the siren grab her throat and her shirt, as she swung her down into the snowy ground below. "The she-demon says "Fuck you!""

"Rainbow!" Rarity and Twilight rushed over to Rainbow who was clutching her stomach in pain, and now had a bloody nose, despite only getting hit in the face once. Rarity knelt down, and took a handkerchief from her pocket and used it to wipe Rainbow's nose. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Twilight turned her attention to ths siren behind her. "What was that for!?!?" Twilight demanded.

"Why don't you ask Rainbow."

"Twilight, be careful!" Rarity said nervously.

"Twilight?" The siren grinned, "Oh, you must be Twilight Sparkle, right?" she asked.

"That's Princess Twilight to you!!" Twilight snapped back, "Now what do you know about Sunset?"

"My apologies. My name is Adagio Dazzle," Adagio began, "Under just about any other situation I would be delighted to finally meet you in person, Princess."

"Excuse me?" Twilight questioned. "Delighted?" she repeated.

"Yes, delighted." Adagio repeated, "Anyway, I have something to tell you about Sunset Shimmer."

"We already know," Trixie interrupted, "Me and Rainbow already ran into one of you earlier."

"Must have been Aria," Adagio said, "And what did she tell you?" she asked.

"That apparently Sunset was right behind me, and she apparently followed after me when she got up off the ground, right?"

Adagio rolled her eyes, "Note to self. Have a chat with Aria about fucking up extremely delicate situations," she mumbled, "What she told you was only half true. Yes, Sunset was standing right behind you, but she didn't get up."

"W-what do you m-mean," Rainbow coughed, as she climbed her way to her feet.

"I mean she didn't get back up by herself," Adagio continued, "Me and the two others had to carry her unconcious body to our house. I think it's safe to say that, if it wasn't for Sonata, she'd be dead right now."

"So, she's at.. your house?" Rarity asked uneasily.

"I swear, no harm has come to her, but yes. She is," Adagio stated in a calm voice.

"Why should we trust you?" Trixie asked, "How do we know you aren't just lying to us about this whole thing?"

"There's probably nothing I can say that will make you change your mind. I'm aware of that," Adagio continued, "But that girl poured her heart out to the three of us, and why? Because we were willing to listen." Adagio pointed to Rainbow, "Unlike you..." she pointed at Trixie, "...and you..." and then at Rarity, "...and you, and everyone else at your school!"

"H-hey, we had our reason," Dash replied in a weak attempt to defend herself.

"You should know I now want to strangle you just for saying that!" Rainbow backed off after hearing that. "You used her to defeat us, and then threw her aside like a piece of shit!" Adagio continued, "And congratulations, you made her never want to see your face again!" Adagio turned away from the other girls, "I would go on about how much you fucked up, but I don't think I'm the right person to do that." She began to walk away, "I'll save that for Sunset."

Adagio's phone began vibrating in her pocket. She pulled it out, and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey Adagio, it's Sunset, I..." Adagio put the phone on load speaker, so that the other girls could hear Sunset, "I just wanted to ask a favour."

"Sunset, are you alright?" Adagio asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Sunset replied.

"Are you?" Adagio asked again.

"Yeah, I promise, I'm fine."

The four girls immediately recognized Sunset's voice. "Is that... It's really her!" Rainbow said.

"Ok, what favour?" Adagio asked.

"Are you... with Rainbow Dash right now?" Sunset asked.

Adagio glanced behind her, at the girl in question. "Yeah, I am. Do you want to speak to her?"

"No, no no, no. No!" Sunset repeated, "I... really don't, uh...'

"Alright." Rainbow was a bit saddened by that, but wasn't really surprised. "What did you want?" Adagio asked, turning back towards the girls.

"Well... Don't hurt her or anything! Sonata said you seemed furious when you left, so don't... that would only make the situation worse," Sunset said.

"Alright," Adagio said.

"And, tell her that I'm alright, and that, she doesn't have to worry about me," Sunset continued. "I've also been through some of my more recent texts, so I know that there's a great big search party out there looking for me. Tell Rainbow that, she should call Pinkie Pie, and tell her to stop the search party," Sunset said, completely unaware that Rainbow, as well as Rarity, Trixe and Twilight could hear her.

"Why do you want it stopped?" Adagio asked.

"Because I don't want them to find me like this..."

"Like what?"

"Right now I, I feel so... I don't know what to think about this whole mess, and I really don't know what I'd do if I saw them right now." Sunset began quietly crying on the other end of the phone, and while she was probably trying to hide it, it didn't work. "I don't know what to do, but I know that, if I see any of them right now, it wouldn't help, at all."

"Will do, anything else?" Adagio replied softly.

"One more thing. Apparently Princess Twilight is here," Sunset continued, "Tell Rainbow Twilight can go back to Equestria. She's only wasting her time here."

"Wasting my time here?" Twilight repeated.

Sonata's voice quietly came in through the phone. "Here's your ice crea- Oh my god, Sunset what is it! Why are you crying?!"

"Is that Sonata?" Adagio asked.

"Yeah, uh, I should probably go now, see you later Adagio," Sunset replied weakly.

"I'm on my way home now," Adagio said.

"Ok. See you in a bit then." Sunset hung up the phone.

"Well, Rainbow, you heard her. You know what she wants." Adagio turned away from the girls again, pocketed her phone, and walked off. "You don't have to believe me when I say this, but I really am worried about this girl."

"Hey!" Rarity shouted. Adagio halted her movement. "We don't exactly have a choice right now, but if we hear anything from Sunset about you hurting her-"

"The three of you are gonna pay!" Trixie finished. Adagio nodded her head, and continued walking away.

The four girls looked at each other. "So now what?" Rainbow asked, "Should we, call off the search party, or..."

"I'm not going home... " Twilight Ran forward to catch up with Adagio.

"What is it?" Adagio asked.

"I'm going with you," Twilight stated.

"All due respect Princess, she really doesn't want to see you, either."

"I don't care! I'm not going home until I know she's ok," Twilight said.

"Fine," Adagio replied, "But only you, understand?" Twilight simply nodded, and her and the siren continued onwards, towards the park exit.

Author's Note:

You know that nervous feeling you sometimes get when you post a new chapter? well I'm feeling that right now.

Any and all comments and criticism is appreciated.