• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 23,565 Views, 771 Comments

In a time of need - Small Muffin



After being abandoned by her friends, Sunset Shimmer wanders the steets alone, with no hope left, she gives up, only to be saved at the last second. Meanwhile her friends are trying to find her, and apologize for what they've done.

  • ...
27
 771
 23,565

A less than pleasant meet up

Rainbow Dash and Rarity sat in the back seats of Flash's car, as he drove them around all the Ponyville apartments. He had picked them both up not long after Twilight and Adagio left the park, and were now going to the sirens apartment.

"I know it's one of these..." Rainbow muttered, trying to remember where exactly she and Trixie had seen the siren Aria a while ago. "C'mon Twilight, where are you?"

"You're sure it's around here, right?" Flash asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure!" Rainbow replied.

"There she is!" Rarity said. She pointed out the window, at someone who was sitting against an apartment door, and as the car got closer, sure enough, it was Twilight. "TWILIGHT!" she shouted, trying to get the princess's attention.

The car stopped in front of the apartment. Dash quickly got out of the car, and ran towards Twilight. "Hey, what's going on? Why are you out here?"

"...It's all my fault..." Twilight mumbled.

Rarity ran over to them both. "Twilight dear, W... What happeded?" she asked.

Rainbow looked around her, and recognized where they were, she could even see the bus stop not far down the street. "Is... She in there?" she asked. When she didn't get a response, she walked over to the window, and took a quick peek inside.

Twilight looked up at Dash, "Rainbow... Don't," she said halfheartedly.

Through the window, Rainbow could see her. Sunset was laying on a bed, crying into a pillow. Rainbow felt paralyzed at the sight of the poor girl. "Sunset..."

"She's in there?" Rarity asked, running over to the window, and looking in. "Oh my..."

Twilight got up, and joined them at the window, taking in the sight for herself. Rainbow brought her arm up, and was about to tap the window to get Sunset's attention, but her hand froze inches away from the glass. As much as she wanted to, she just couldn't bring herself to tap the glass.

"Let's just go..." Twilight said, turning away from the window and walking towards Flash. Rarity was the next to walk away, but Rainbow was still frozen in place, and all she could do was watch Sunset cry, knowing full well that she made her like this.

Eventually, Rainbow was able to tear herself away. But before she walked back to the car, she took out her phone, and took a picture of the number on the apartment door, so she knew exactly where Sunset was. When that was done, she made her way towards Flash and into the car. "So... Where should I drop you all off?" Flash asked weakly.

"Sugercube Corner," Rarity replied, "That's where Pinkie wants to meet us..."


Pinkie Pie was sitting in one of the booths in Sugercube Corner, with Fluttershy next to her, and Applejack opposite her.

Applejack had her arms folded, and her hat angled downwards to cover her face. Fluttershy was slumped over on the table, completely motionless, to the point where if it wasn't for her quiet sobs, you could probably mistake her for a dead body. Finally, Pinkie was simply staring at her phone, waiting for a message.

"U'know she ain't gonna call, right?" Applejack asked.

"Well if Sunset wants me to call this off, then she'll have to call me herself!" Pinkie replied, not moving her gaze from the phone at all.

She had received a text from Rainbow Dash telling her Sunset wanted the search party of people looking for her to stop. Simply put, Pinkie wasn't having that.

"Oh come on Pinkie, do you really think she'd call herself?" Applejack asked. "Seriously!?"

"Well... N..." Pinkie stuttered, "I-If she doesn't call, then I won't stop this party!" she replied.

"Fine..." AJ replied weakly, "Ah'm not in the mood to argue..."

The front door of Sugercube opened, and Rainbow, Rarity and Twilight walked in. Pinkie gave a weak wave. When they saw Pinkie and the other two girls sitting together, they slowly walked over and joined them in the booth. Applejack shifted towards the window, giving space for Rainbow Dash and Twilight to sit down, and Rarity simply took a seat next to Pinkie. None of them looked like they had good news to tell.

"...So..." Rainbow began, "Have you called it off yet..?" she asked Pinkie.

"I-" Pinkie began.

"Not yet," Applejack interrupted, "She's waitin' for Sunset to call and tell her herself..."

"Well then you're gonna be waiting a long time," Rainbow replied, "She isn't going to call..."

"Yeah she will," Pinkie replied weakly, "Just... Just give her a minute... You'll see..." Pinkie's hand began trembling, "Any minute now..."

"Pinkie, Rainbow's right," Twilight said, "She isn't going to call. Even if she did, you wouldn't like what what she would have to say..."

"Well... How do you know?" Pinkie asked.

"Because I spoke to her!" Twilight replied, "And she... Isn't coming back to us anytime soon..."

"Hold up," Applejack began, "You spoke to her? You know where she is?" she asked, tilting her hat back to its normal angle.

"Yeah..." Twilight replied, "And yes, I know where she is, but-"

"Then where is she?!?!" Pinkie asked loudly.

"Well, that's... kinda..." Dash began.

"Well? Where is she?" Pinkie repeated.

Rainbow, Rarity and Twilight looked at each other. "We might as well tell them," Rarity said, "Can't make things worse, right?"

"What's going on?" AJ asked, "Where is she?"

"Sure. You wanna tell em or should I?" Dash asked.

"I'll do it," Twilight replied. "You see, Sunset's..."

"...Well?" Pinkie asked.

"...She's..." Twilight took a deep breath, and let out a sigh. "She's with the three sirens," Twilight stated.

"The three sirens?" Pinkie repeated, "Who are... Wait... You mean..."

"The three from the battle of the bands a few months ago?" AJ asked.

"Yeah, she's with them," Rarity answered.

"But that's ridiculous!" Pinkie yelled, "Why would she be with them?"

"Because they did what none of us were willing to do..." Rainbow replied, "They gave her a chance..."

"But aren't they like, super crazy about taking over Equestria?" Pinkie asked.

"They seem to have changed since then," Twilight replied, "Now they're taking care of her..."

"How can y'all be so sure they've changed, Twi?" Applejack asked, "What if they're just, faking it, u'know, to try an-"

"You could say the same thing about Sunset, right?" Twilight interrupted weakly. It seemed to shut everyone up, as she didn't get a response from almost any of the girls.

"...I did..." Rainbow replied dryly. The five girls gave her a rather questionable look.

"You did what?" Pinkie asked.

"I said some... things to her," Dash continued, "Well, not directly to her, but..." She reached into her pocket, and pulled out her phone.

"You sent her a few mean texts?" Rarity asked, rather unamused, "I think you're overexaggerating this a tad, Dash."

"Yeah... A few..."

"What kind of things?" Twilight asked.

"Here..." Rainbow Dash passed Twilight her phone. On it were a collection of messages that had been sent to Sunset over the last few days. Twilight gave her a small, disgusted glance, "Yeah..." was all Rainbow replied. Twilight turned her gaze back towards the messages, and while they were all rather mean, and only getting worse as they went on, there were one that caught her attention the most.

Fuck off you stupid she-demon!!!

Twilight's slowly put the phone face-down on the table, and glanced at Rainbow. "Uh... Twilight, What's it say?" Pinkie asked nervously.

Twilight's arm quickly swung at Dash. There was a loud smack, as the palm of her hand made contact with Rainbow's face.

"Twilight!!" Rarity began, "What was that for?!"

"I deserve that..." Dash mumbled, rubbing her cheek.

Out of curiosity, AJ picked up the phone from from the table, and saw some of the messages, as well as the one that had set Twilight off. "That's low Rainbow. Even for what was going on here, that was low!"

Applejack passed the phone to the girls opposite her, who also read them. "Wow..." Pinkie said, "Just... What the hell Rainbow?"

"Yes, if you'll pardon my language," Rarity began, "What the hell was wrong with you?"

"I was pissed off, alright?" Dash replied dryly.

"So was I," Rarity said, "But I didn't-"

"We all were," AJ interrupted, "But none of us went far!"

"Yeah," Pinkie continued, "Yeah, we said some things, but-"

"What kind of things?" Twilight asked, though it sounded more like a demand.

"It can't be worse than me..." Fluttershy mumbled, though no one seemed to hear her.

"Um..." Pinkie began, "I told her tha-"

"Actually, I don't want to hear it!" Twilight interrupted.

"Oh... Ok..."

"It doesn't even matter anymore," Twilight continued, "What does matter, is that I was wrong to trust you!"

"Wrong to trust us?" Rarity repeated.

Twilight removed her bag off her back, opened it, and took out a few peices of paper. "I told her that you would look after her! I thought I wouldn't need to come over and resolve this, because her friends would all take care of her! How could I have been SO FUCKING STUPID!!!!" Twilight slammed the papers onto the table and gave Rainbow a glare that said move. Rainbow did just that.

After a few deep breaths, Twilight stood up and walked past Dash, towards Mrs Cake at the front counter. "Where's the bathroom?" Twilight asked. Mrs Cake pointed towards them, and Twilight walked over to where they were located. While she didn't really care about it, everyone in Sugercube Corner was watching her.

When Twilight was out of sight, the girls just stared at the bathroom door. Then, one at a time, they each turned their gaze towards the papers Twilight had put on the table.

The five girls looked at each other for a moment, and then back at the papers.

Pinkie was the one to break the silence that had formed at the table, with but a simple question that all five of them knew the answer to, without a dout.

"Are they... What I think they are..?"

Author's Note:

Yep, I know, the title sucks, but I really got nothing else.

Any and all criticism and comments are appreciated.