• Published 21st May 2015
  • 447 Views, 7 Comments

The Darkest Hour in Equestria - Terminator



With her friends gone and one raging out of control, Twilight must find the Legendary Flames to save her friends and Equestria and find at the truth about her past. What Twilight finds along the way is something she never expected.

  • ...
11
 7
 447

A Shadow Appeares

A Month Earlier

Clear blue skies with no clouds in site. Celestia's sun has just risen into the sky, bathing Ponyville in its warm sun rays. Only very few pony's was up and about this early in the morning, one of them happens to be a cyan Pegasus with rainbow color mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a cloud with a rainbow lightening bolt shooting out of it. Her magenta color eyes was almost always full of life and energy. Rainbow Dash flew through Ponyville to make sure there was no bad weather in site. With no weather to disrupt the schedule for the week, Dash let out a great sigh of relief and rested upon a cloud.

"Oh man, I woke up early in the morning for nothing," complained Rainbow, "Now I have nothing to do."

Rainbow looked through the streets of Ponyville to see something to do. Her eyes eventually fell upon a shop for papers and quills and spotting something very familiar exit the shop, or rather-somepony. A lavender alicorn came out of the shop along with a purple dragon named Spike.

"Twiley?" Rainbow called out.

Twilight looked up to the sky upon hearing her nickname and spotted her rainbow-colored friend. "Oh, good morning Rain," Twilight smiled, "I didn't think I see you out so early in the morning. I expected you to sleep till at least noon." Rainbow is like the only pony, beside her brother Shining Armor of course, who calls her "Twiley". She and Rainbow have been really close friends since the Discord incident, though they're still close to their other friend's, unknown to Rainbow, Twilight has seen her like the sister she always wanted.

Rainbow scoffed. "Yeah, well I had to take a look at the weather to make sure everything is in order, I have a job you know," she leaped from the cloud and landed on the ground near the alicorn. "Morning, Spike. What are you guys doing in town so early in the morning?"

"Twilight ran out of studying materials just yesterday, so we're restocking... again," Spike responded slightly irritated. "I mean this is like what, the second time this week? She just doesn't know how to put the quill."

"Egghead," Rainbow chuckled.

"Hey!" Twilight groaned. Rainbow started laughing with Spike joining her. Twilight, no matter how irritated she is with Rainbow, started laughing lightly with them. She just can't remain angry with her for too long.

Just when they settled down, a extremely cold chill enveloped the three of them, leaving them shivering like crazy. "Whoa, what the hay was that?" Twilight exclaimed still shivering. "I don't know but that was really strange." Spike answered, "That wasn't the wind, was it, Dash?"

"No, it wasn't the wind because we are the only one's that felt it," replied Dash as she looked around her surroundings. Indeed, no other pony has felt the cold chill and looked at them with confusion. "Why are we the only one's?" questioned Twilight.

A shadow was hidden in a nearby bush, magic active through her horn. The unicorn smirked, "Hmm, still too weak to control the both of them at the same time. I guess I'll just have to take one of them instead and weaken the other, but the question is, each one?" Her eyes narrowed, thinking deeply. Suddenly her eyes widen, a devil smile working its way up her face. "Ah yes, that's perfect. First, I'll have to weaken Twilight so she'll be more easier to control and what better way to weaken her by using the next powerful Element. She'll be resistant at first but she eventually fall under my control easily. Those two don't realise that they are the Legendary Flames. I must control them before their powers return." The unicorn had her eyes fixed on Dash before she teleported away, her plan in motion.

Rainbow shucked her head, she could of sworn she heard a dark laugh in her head. "You alright Dash?" Twilight asked with concern. She just felt a dark energy in Ponyville but it just disappeared in thin air. Rainbow nodded, a headache working its way up in her head, " Yeah, just a headache." And also a slight pain where my heart is, Rainbow thought not want to worry Twilight and Spike. "Listen, I'm going to go home and rest. For some reason, I just killer headache, I'll see you guys later, okay?" With that, Rainbow took off to the skies, her headache flaring.

Spike wore a worried expression, "Twilight, I'm really scared. I feel something bad is about to happen." Dragons has this instinct that tells them that something big is about to unfold. But she wasn't listening, what was that dark energy I felt? For some reason it felt familiar but I can't put my head around. She put her hoof on her forehead, suddenly developing a headache. "Spike, let's go. I really don't want to stay out here any longer." Spike, unaware of Twilight's pain expression, replied " You and me both Twi."

Rainbow couldn't fly straight with the headache she had. Egh, this headache is really starting to hurt real bad, I can't focus. She landed on a cloud, trying to reduce the pain. Approaching behind her is a dark cloud, speeding to reach the downed Pegasus. Rainbow turned around just in time to be caught by the mysterious dark cloud. " What the- What's going on? I can't move!" Rainbow tried desperately to break out but the cloud had its death grip on her, pinning her on the she was on. The matter made its way around her, surrounding her with its misty form. It soon became hard to breath and her vision started to black out as the mist almost completely engulf her entire body. Rainbow's struggles started to cease when she felt her strength leaving her. Just before she fainted, she whispered "Help... Twilight." Then her world blackened out.

"Help... Twilight." Twilight gasped. A sharp pain just entered her heart and cried out in pain. "Twilight, are you alright? What's wrong?!" Spike said with a panicked voice. Twilight couldn't hear Spike as those two words kept repeating in her head. "Help... Twilight." What is going on? Is Rainbow in danger? Why can I hear her voice in my head?

"Twilight Sparkle!" She heard her name right above her. She and Spike looked up to see Spitfire, Captain of the Wonderbolt's Academy, hovering above carrying an unconscious Rainbow Dash.

"Oh sweet Celestia, what happened to her?!" Exclaimed Spike. Rainbow seemed fine but her eyes were closed and looked like she was in intense pain. "I do not know," answered Spitfire, landing in front of them and gently put Rainbow on the ground, "I just happened to fly by when I saw Rainbow get hit with a dark cloud. It engulfed her and then went crashing down. Luckily, I happened to catch her before she hit the ground but for some reason she in pain."

"Take her to the Ponyville General, maybe someone there can figure out what's wrong," Twilight inclined, looking scared out of her mind, what is this? I can sense dark energy animating from her. It's the exact energy I sensed earlier, what's going on?! Spike put his claw on Dash's forehead and almost immediately retreated his claw, "whoa, she burning up fast." " I better go, she barely breathing," Spitfire then scooped Rainbow in her arms and took off flying towards the hospital. The two of them watched as Spitfire disappeared in the distanced. "OK Twilight, what did you sense within her?" Spike asked, already knowing she knew. She sighed, " I don't know. It was something... evil and dark. I sensed it earlier but it was nothing I ever sensed than before." " Do.." Spike seemed to hesitate on the question, "do you think it might have been... Tartarian magic?" he whispered the last two words.

Twilight looked shocked, It couldn't be, Tartaric magic is so advanced that not even Celestia could handle its dark power's without losing her reason. But for reason... it made sense. " I don't think it is, all I know that its some sort of dark power. Maybe Celestia will know. I just hope Plasma will be alright, I'm really worried." Twilight went on ahead towards the hospital.

"Plasma? Who's Plasma?"

She halted, "What?" " You said Plasma, who's that?"

"I... Why did I say Plasma? Who's that? Why is that name so familiar?

Author's Note:

I am very proud of me and my cousin's work. I hope you like it so far.

EDIT
Made changes.

Comments ( 7 )

Sorry to say, but this was a bit of a painful read for me, 'cause there needs to be some proofreading done here and there.

Also, the story feels rushed in some areas, and it felt redundant by introducing and describing some of the main characters, since we kinda know who they are by now... :ajbemused:

6006321 Not my best work man:facehoof:

6006461

Eh, keep practicing, writing usually improves with enough of it. I'm obviously not the best of authors, but I've gotten better... somewhat...

Good story so far but I think you need an editor. I'm no super author, but I think you will have more upvotes if you do some proofreading or get a friend who could help you out with this. Like Git_Tirekt_m8 said, it does feel a bit rushed. Yes I have written my fair share of stories that seems rushed, but I would suggest that you put a lot of focus into this one. I do like this though and will upvote, fave and track it.

6024827 I will do everything in my writing power to satisfy my readers:twilightsmile:

When is the next update? I am dying to read this!

6035779 I need help and an editor you know someone how can help

Login or register to comment