• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,824 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,824

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 31- Duality

When Lightning Strikes- Duality


Power Pony HQ

Waiting could drive some people nuts. For Lance, it wasn’t like that. He was patient, but when he was worried, it could drive him crazy. Aurora had possessed his communications device, but she had not responded to him in a long time. The Adept was being concerned for the little filly and soon began to tap on his communicator. Like knocking on glass to try and get someone’s attention.

“Aurora? You okay in there? It’s been almost a couple of hours, please say something.”

There was static, and then a black version of Aurora appeared on the screen, eyes red and teeth sharp, “Aurora’s n-n-not home…”

“W-what the hell!?” Lance flinched. “Who is this!?!” This… thing that was on there now was nothing like the filly that he knew. “What did you do to Aurora!?”

“O-o-oh~ Alw-ways with the b-blameing games, huh Lance Walker?” The black filly giggled, but a twitch of her head and she was glaring. “N-no rest for the w-wicked…”

“W-what… are you?” The Adept asked. He wanted answers… and he wanted them now.

“Hehe-e-e-eheheh…” The black filly’s echoing voice continued for a bit, before she froze. The freeze didn’t last long, and the filly was glaring, “You d-did this t-to m-m-me… They were al-almost perfect… No escap-pe…”

Lance’s eyes widened. He remembered those words as he soon began to realize the undertone that went with the voice. “Oh my god… Equilis.”

“N-not any-anymore. Yo-you stripppppppped that away from-m me…” Equilis began chuckling like a broken record, repeating the same three seconds over and over again. Lance then began to wonder how this happened.

“How did you get in there?” The Azure Striker asked the once alive maniac. “And if you aren’t Equilis anymore… what do you call yourself now?”

“I th-think b-b-b-Black f-Filly is be-e-e-etter than-than nothththththththing…” The Adept thought this through for a minute, but soon realized something. What used to be Equilis was now Black, while Aurora was white… It make him think of Yin and Yang. And one other word.

“Equinox…” Lance told himself. “You are a part of Aurora. You two are two halves. Equinox is the picture as a whole… But why did you do this? Why harm Aurora? Are you trying to get to me through her you sick bastard?!!”

The replaying laughter returned, but lasted all but a moment, “I h-had n-n-no intention of-f-f this… Last-t thing I remememememember was-s sitttttttttttttttttttting in m-my offffffice…”

“Wait… if that’s the case… then tell me something… How do you know Aurora?” The Adept asked. He saw it as strange that he knew her name immediately and the only guess that he had was that he had seen her before. “I want you to tell me… everything.”

Crimson liquid trailed down Equinox’s cheeks, the white parts of his eyes turning black and his head twitched. “W-wouldn’t y-y-yo-you like to kn-know… He he he he he he he he… Her and I-I-I are cl-closer than-than you th-think, Azu-ure Sti-i-iker...” And the screen went static.

“W-wait! Get back here!!” Lance responded, until the screen went to static and he missed his chance. That was… until he realized something. Equinox and Aurora were technically the same filly right now. So whatever he knows… she might know too. Plus, Aya wasn’t back yet.

The screen returned, and the white/blue filly groaned, “Are we still in the sewers...?”

“Oh god, Aurora!” Lance said, relieved. “For a moment, I thought I lost you… are you okay?”

“A bit of a headache… Which is ironic because I don’t really have a head.” Aurora joked lightly, “What’s going on? Did we win?”

“Y-yeah… We’re back at HQ now and Aya is meeting Max.” Lance told her, before having to clear his throat. “Hey, Aurora… Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, I’m an open book.”

“There’s something that’s been on my mind for a little bit since we got back from Centrail City…” Lance told the filly, trying to not spill the beans on his encounter with Equilis. “How did you know Equilis?”

“Oh, that’s actually kind of… Complicated. When daddy was still in charge of the Power Ponies, Equilis and the other Marionette’s were a pretty big threat. There was Joking, but… I can’t remember that one's gender, too much makeup. The Purple Mare, Cupcake’s, and Equilis himself. Last guy killed himself two years prior. Equilis helped out the other three, leading to Sweetie Belle's capture and Joking’s death, as well as The Purple Mare’s capture, etc, etc. He was also witness to my death firsthoof.”

That got Lance curious at something. “If he witnessed your death… then who killed you?”

“A terrorist leader… Rather not talk about it…” Aurora looked away.

“Aurora… Are you trying to hide something from me? It’s okay, you don’t need to be afraid. Just tell me… Talk to me like I’m Stopwatch.”

“I just don’t wanna think about it…” Aurora sighed.

“O… kay. New question… Did you have any parents?” The Adept tried asking, unknown as to what subject he wanted to switch it too.

“Of course I do! What kind of question is that!? It’s like me asking you if you were born!” Aurora said. “My mother raised me until she was mugged and killed, then I met my future daddy!”

“As in Stopwatch… Aurora, I was asking who your biological father was.” Lance told her. This though… got a different reaction from the usually cheerful filly.

“I said my mom died in a mugging… My father… I think mom said she was drunk…” Aurora wiped her eyes, “That I was a mistake…”

“Aurora… It’s okay. Please, stay strong. You can tell me. It’ll be our secret… Pinkie Promise?”

“There’s not much to tell. She said he wasn’t around too long, and paid for my future. She said he didn’t want to be in my life because he wasn’t nice, but he wanted to make up for that. I really don’t know about him.”

“Hmm…… Hey, Aurora?” The Adept asked. “You said that he wasn’t around… but paid for your future…? Something about those words seems… off.”

“I don’t get it either, but the bits were lost.”

“No, I didn’t mean that… For your future… the way those words sound just reminds me of… Equilis… Aurora, do you have an identity on the Marionette that killed himself?” The Azure Striker asked her, which in turn had her look at him with a surprised reaction.

“No, just… His code...name… L-Lash…” Aurora’s breathing increased. “What are you saying?”

“I’m not one hundred percent sure on this… But what if Equilis knew you because he knew your father… I saw Equilis jump out of the window back at his hideout that lead to killing himself……” The Adept paused, trying to find the words to accurately say it right. “What if your father was Lash?”

Shaking her head, Aurora grumbled, “I don’t feel up to your hunches. Turn the mute button and call me when there’s a real emergency… Lash is not my father, are you trying to villainize me?”

“N-no… Aurora, I care for you… a lot… I’m just worried about you. You're like a daughter to me and I don’t want ghosts of the past coming back to haunt you. Again, it’s just a theory. It can be completely false. We have no way of knowing if it’s right or not right now-.” His sentence was stopped when he heard a knocking on the door and noticed Aya standing outside. He walked over to the door and soon unlocked it for her, welcoming her inside. “Oh hey, Aya is back.”

Lance’s aunt raised an eyebrow, “It’s been nice meeting your wife and kids, but I feel really tired now…” There was a click, signaling Aurora turning off sound on her end.

“You want to go back to New Yoke?” Lance asked his Aunt as the two of them walked out down the hallway.

“I’d stay here, but I can’t let my nephew babysit me, can I? And you have too much to do here anyway, a big family, bad guys, and even a few mysteries.” Aya chuckled.

“Heh… right. Which reminds me, Twilight and Pinkie will be coming with us too. They want to talk to the police chief in charge so they can have a team of heroes established there. They’re on the roof I believe. I need to ask Humdrum for something first before we leave.”

“Sure, I don’t even know who he is, neither do I care.” Aya said as she turned left, “This way to the roof?”

“Yeah, just take the elevator up there, it should be on your right.” He told her just as he entered the command center. He found the dragon fiddling around with a tablet until he noticed the Adept.

“Hi Lance!”

“Hey Buddy, I was asking if you could do me a small favor.” Lance asked him, handing a small piece of paper. “I need a DNA test of two subjects. Both are deceased, but I want to see if they are somehow similar.” When Humdrum opened the paper, his eyes widened and he was quite surprised at what he was seeing.

“A-are you sure about this? Why do you need me to do it?”

“It’s just to ease my mind a little. I had a theory that’s been bothering me like an itch I need to scratch and I was going to ask if you can do it while I’m with Masked Matterhorn and Filli-second in New Yoke. You’re not trying to back out of it now, are you?” He asked the dragon.

“N-no!! I’ll get to it ASAP!”

“Thanks buddy! You’re the best!!” Lance yelled, running out into the hall and racing up the stairwell. He ignored the elevator and just ran up the stairs as he soon arrived up there, Masked Matterhorn and Filli-second waiting for them with Aya.

“Sorry about that. I’m here now.”

“Okay, let’s go. It’s nice meeting you miss Sparkle,” Aya said.

“Uh, Aya. I told you that they’re coming with us.” Lance deadpanned, reminding her of what he said earlier.

Aya glared at Lance, “Is it a crime to say it’s nice to meet someone?”

“N-no. My apologies.”

“S’okay. And cut the proper crap, we fought a zombie alligator in a sewer with a bunch of ponies,” Aya lightly punched Lance’s shoulder, “And besides, I’m the cool aunt who shoots like a cop.”

Matterhorn and Filli-Second giggled, and Lance looked away, embarrassed. When they stopped, Aya stated, “And if you’re looking for a superhero team, I think I know one.”

“Really?” Mask asked, “Who?”

“I really don’t know them that well. They’re the same ponies who helped Lance and I in with the… Infestation in the sewers…” Aya rubbed the back of her head, “I hope I don’t need to do that often…”

Lance shrugged, but before he could say anything, Matterhorn said. “Really? Hmm… Maybe we should meet them. What do you think?”

“Sure. They were asking a lot of questions about if I was in the power ponies and what not. There leader, Mist, really reminds me of Twilight. Probably because of her mane.” The Adept replied. “Alright, let’s go.”

“Okay, let’s go. One trip to New Yoke!” Mask said, and then there was a flash of light. When they could see, they were standing in the center of New Yoke. “Huh, it’s been awhile since I’ve been here.”

“I guess this is good… Where too?” Aya asked.

“You remember where these heroes are located?” Lance asked. “Maybe we should talk to them first.”

“Yeah… No… They kept teleporting around… But they did give me a communicator. I’ll call them up, but let’s meet the chief.” Aya said.

Before the other two can say anything, Pinkie Pie soon decided to “volunteer” to meet the chief and then raced through the streets of New Yoke. Lance just stared blankly, surprised. “W-well… That’s one less thing to worry about. Now… Aya? You were going to call them?”

Aya nodded and pulled out a watch. She placed it on her wrist and pressed a button on it.

“Aya here. Have Surprise pick me up, along with two others.”

“Password?” Asked a southern accent.

“Password!? There wasn’t a password before!” Aya shouted into the watch.

There was laughing. After it calmed, “Sorry sugar, ah was just messin with ya!”

There was a popping sound, and the white pegasus stood on her hind legs, forelegs spread, a goofy grin plastered across her face. “Surprise!”

Twilight herself was quite surprised herself on how much this mare reminded her of Pinkie. Lance himself just chuckled. “Nice to see you again, Surprise.”

“Nice to see you too Lancie! I can call you Lancie, right?” Surprise then slapped her hooves on either side of her head, “Oh my gosh! I’m getting distracted again, I’m sorry! This happens everytime I get excited and I start to ramble…”

“I’m fine with you calling me that, Surprise. Heck, even Pinkie and Max call me that so I’m quite used to it.” Lance replied as Twilight soon trotted up next to him.

Surprise’s eyes widened, “Uh-uh… What’re you doing here Masked Matterhorn?”

“Well, I heard so much about a group of heroes that have been helping Ms. Aya in New Yoke so I thought I take the opportunity to meet them in person and ask if they want to become part of the Power Ponies.” Twilight said cheerfully, a little surprised that this mare knew who she was.

“Oh… Mist won’t be thrilled about this…” Surprise turned nervous, “Jeez, Fly, you really screwed up…” The white Pegasus whispered that last part, but Lance and Aya heard. “Anyways, best take ya home… Our home, I mean, I wasn’t telling you to go back to Maretropolis! And I didn’t mean I don’t want you to go home either!”

“We understand Surprise.” Lance smiled, patting her on the head. “Ready Aya?”

Aya nodded and took hold of Surprise’s wing. She turned to Twilight, “She needs a physical contact to teleport you. She said she was injured awhile back.”

“Ah okay.” Twilight replied, placing her hoof on Surprise’s back. Lance placed his hand on her head and all three of them were ready.

All four blinked away and reappeared in a dank, underground shelter. Though the place seemed old and damaged, Lance and Twilight had to admit the tech laying around seemed more advanced than Humdrum’s equipment. Sitting at a monitor screen was Firefly and… Applejack?

“Hey Aya. You bring Lance back with ya?” Asked the pink Pegasus, not even looking over her shoulder. On the monitor were two tabs, one was a security camera image that ‘Applejack’ was looking at, and the other was a first person shooter that Firefly was playing.

“Was that Applejack?” Twilight asked, looking at Lance and Aya, who shrugged.

Applejack turned quickly, her eyes landing on Masked Matterhorn. “Oh buck me…”

Firefly looked over her shoulder, drinking a soda, until her eyes too landed on the leader of the Power Ponies. She spit her drink onto AJ’s face. “Aw hell no!”

“I’m sorry!” Surprise cried, “I couldn’t just ignore them!”

“Uh, what is going on?” Lance asked, turning his head to look at Surprise and Firefly.

Surprise looked away, guilt in her eyes. “I want to tell you, but… Mist wouldn’t like that…”

Before anyone could move, Mist walked into the room with Posey and a light blue Unicorn with Radiance’s look. They stopped upon seeing their guest’s, and Mist’s face fell.

“Guys… I don’t see what’s wrong,” Lance told them. “We came to bring Aya back and also Twilight wanted to ask if you wanted to be part of the team. Filli-Second is here too, but she’s-.”

“No!” Yelled Mist, “I’ve been trying my hardest to not intervene, but then we were pulled into that sewer, and now you’re trying to recruit me to a team I’ve been avoiding for four years! I already destroyed time, I won’t mess anything else up!”

“Whoa, hang on a second… Time?” Lance stopped her. “What the actual hell are you talking about?”

Mist’s eyes widened, and there was silence. “I… I didn't…” Tears welled up in her eyes. “I just…”

To Mist’s surprise, Twilight herself soon trotted up to her, holding her close and using her wings to comfort her. “Don’t be afraid… I’m not here to harm you…”

Mist began sobbing. Posey stepped forward. “We’re time travelers from the future…” Twilight looked back at her, surprised a little. But still remained calm as she comforted Mist. Lance soon had a look at all of them, realizing what they meant. This all made sense now. It was the reason why their technology was so advanced. It was because it was from the future.

Mist began to calm down, and when she did, she pulled out of the hug. “My full name is Twilight Mist…”

“Surprise Storm!” Surprise added.

“Ugh… Firefly Dash…”

“Ah’m Applejack Three.”

“Glory Belle. And Posey is just Posey, though you could say Posey Shy.” Glory said.

“Oh my…” Lance said, looking at all of them. The revelation of their names were quite a lot to take in. But, he soon was able to take everything in. Just as Mist was about to speak again.

“My mother's name was Twilight Twinkle, your daughter… Until we came back in time…”

“I WAS NEVER BORN!!!” Cried Surprise, “Granddaddy and Grandma never had daddy!”

“Same with me…” Mist sighed. But for Lance, one thing caught his attention. Specifically, with Surprise.

“Surprise… who is your grandfather?”

“Surging Storm…”

“Wait a second, Time?”

“Who?” Surprise tilted her head.

“Time Spinner… He’s… some guy I met a while back.”

“No… I don’t know who Time Spinner is. My grandfather was Stopwatch, the old leader of the Power Ponies…” Surprise sighed, “And because my dad wasn’t born until a year after their wedding… Neither was I…”

“Why is that? I mean with your father not being born…”

“My dad was born at least one year after Pinkie and Surge were married. Roach killed him and it’s one year later, my dad isn’t born…” Surprise explained.

“ …… He isn’t dead.”

That one statement caught everyone’s attention in the room immediately. Except Aya, who fell asleep a little while ago.

“Wh-what?”

“I met him. A while ago. This Time Spinner I said earlier. He is Stopwatch,” The Adept told her. “Roach didn’t kill him. Instead, it looked like he died, but he was actually banished into the void. He asked me for my help to bring him back and because of that, he also gave me this.” Lance explained, tugging at the jacket Time gave him.

Twilight looked back at Lance, slackjawed. She couldn’t even form any words. Surprise though, could.

“OhmygoshareyouseriousheisaliveandIcangetmydadbornagain!?”

Twilight Mist, like her grandmother, couldn’t form a word. She just stared blankly ahead.

“You mean we can fix everything!?” Firefly asked, energized.

“I believe so…” He replied, “Remember when I said Roach? The reason why Time is gone is because he used a spell on him that banished him. He made me promise that I would have to do one thing that can bring him back.”

Surprise leaps into Lance’s arms, hugging and kissing him. “Thank you thank you thank you!”

“Easy there, Surprise. I haven't said what I needed to do yet.” Lance sighed, gritting his teeth.

Firefly ripped Surprise off of Lance, “Dude, her birth was prevented, and you just gave her hope again. If you were hyper like her and got the same news, you’d be the same. So what is this thing?”

“...... I need to remove him from the picture.”

“Roach...?” Asked Posey, “You mean kill, don’t you?”

Lance nodded his head as he gritted his teeth. “The only way that the spell can be cancelled is if the one who cast it is dead. In this case, it’s Roach-.”

“Lance! Be serious here!! Y-you’re talking about murder!!” The Masked Matterhorn stuttered.

“I wasn’t done Twi. Time told me that he is just as powerful as Discord and that he is right now just biding his time until he gets out somehow. He wants me to wait until that time happens.” Lance explained. “However, I can’t do it alone. It’s suicide if I do.”

“T-then can’t we help you-!?” Lance’s only response was him shaking his head.

“He told me that the only backup I would need is his because he knows more about Roach than anyone else. He doesn’t want the lives of other ponies to be endangered if you just charge in blind. He’s a voidborn for all we know and Time told me that even with his powers, he wasn’t able to kill him.”

“Okay… Then we’ll wait. What else can we do?” Firefly shrugged, “And this is cool and all, but… Why are you guys here again? I kind of dozed off and forgot.”

“Well, we were bringing Aya back and wanted to establish a team of heroes in Manehattan,” Twilight explained. “Ever since the incident with the villains in the Solace Asylum getting busted out by Sumeragi, trying to get them all locked back up has been very… Difficult. So, we wanted to meet you and ask for you to join the team so you can help. Many hooves make light work.”

Before any other person was able to speak, all everyone could hear was a brief whoosh!! and soon, one other pony appeared next to Twilight. The one and only Filli-second. “Hey Twi-.”

“Gahh!!!” Surprise jumped and blinked away. Firefly did sort of the same thing, but used herself as an energy rocket and broke through a door. The rest either rolled their eyes, stared after her, or ignored it all together.

Aya groaned after she woke.

“Oh hey, Aya.” Lance replied, noticing his Aunt was awake. “How did you sleep?”

Shrugging, Aya said “It was okay.”

“Did we wake you up on accident?” Twilight asked, thinking that Firefly crashing through the door was the reason why she was woken up.

“Why are we so focused on my sleep, I’m not an old lady.” Aya sighed.

“Yes, but we’ve only been talking for almost fifteen minutes.” Lance deadpanned. “Plus, Pinkie’s arrival caused Surprise to flee in panic.” Pinkie herself giggled at hearing the name “Surprise” and soon began to take her time exploring the area. She saw the task of finding the mare like a game of hide and seek. And soon… she found her hiding in the kitchen.

“Hi there! I’m Pinkie Pie!!”

The white pegasus just stared for awhile until, “I know… I’m Surprise.”

“Hi! Why are you so down in the dumps, Surprisey?”

“Uhm… No reason.” Surprise said.

“Come on now. There’s always a reason for anything.” She told her. “It can be our secret. Pinkie Promise?”

“No… I just… Talk to Lanci- Lance. He already knows.”

“Come on now… Don’t be a party pooper.” Pinkie said, nudging her nose.

“It’s too confusing… But okay.”

Surprise began to explain to Pinkie that she was a time traveler, and Pinkie’s possible granddaughter. Once she was done, she waited for her grandmother's reaction. Nevertheless, Pinkie was actually filled with joy, hugging Surprise tightly.

“I now need to throw a party for my possible Grandfilly!!!”

“You believe me?” Surprise asked, “What am I saying!? You’re my grandma! Of course you believe me!”

“Come on, Surprise! Let’s gather your friends!! I need to throw you all a party!!!”

Surprise nods and trots with the pink mare back to the others.

Twilight Mist lets out a depressed breath. “Okay, let’s get serious. I think with all that’s going on in this time period, it’s best we help with Eve and any monsters in New Yoke. We’ll be happy to assist, but you can’t tell anyone about our origins.”

“Sure thing,” Twilight Sparkle replied. “It’ll be our secret.” Lance nodded, but soon got a ringing on his communications device.

“Excuse me for a minute, I need to take a phone call.”

“Okay. Oh, Surprise, could to take me, Aya and Sparkle to the Commissioner's office? I think it’s best to get this out of the way. Everypony else guard the base.” Mist ordered. They all nodded their heads and soon left as Lance went into another part of the base. Pulling up the screen, he soon realized who the call was from.

“Humdrum? What’s up?” He asked, looking at the dragon on screen, unknowing of the pink Pegasus who was listening in.

“Hey, where the heck are you guys?”

“In New Yoke,” Lance told him. “Can’t say much though. Twilight’s talking to the police commissioner.”

“Well, I got two things to tell you. The first thing was about the tests that you wanted me to run. You know… the blood samples?”

‘Blood samples? What blood samples!?’ Firefly thought.

“Yeah, the DNA test on Lash and Aurora. What did you find?” He asked. The dragon though, had a look of uncertainty on his face.

“Well… that part is very hard. The pony you wanted me to test it with has not shown up on any records at all. But I ran the tests with what Centrail City found on Equilis… and the results of that… are an exact match to Aurora.”

“What the hell?” Lance cursed. “How the hell does that make any sense?”

“I don’t know man. I’ll try looking into it for you, but right now, there was a situation in Seaddle involving Zapp and Cody. They ran into Sumeragi over an hour ago and they stopped and defeated the man there. But what he had to say before fading away was… confusing.”

Humdrum soon pulled up a video file of what Cody was seeing during the last bit of the encounter. It was Jota, the Adept that was known as The Prideful Silhouette and was able to control pure light. He was about to fade away. But what he said sent a cold chill down both Lance’s spine and the spine of the pony watching.

“The Countdown has begun. The countdown til Zero Hour……”

“Zero hour?” Lance questioned. “What is he talking about?”

“That were trying to figure out. Stay safe, Lance. I got a bad feeling about what he was telling us.” The Dragon told him before the call ended. As the Adept sighed, he soon turned around, seeing Firefly just staring at him.

“I’m pretty sure this wasn’t in history…”

“Well, this can’t end well…” Lance replied, soon realizing something. Going to his communicator, he pressed a few buttons before speaking again. “Aurora? Are you there?”

“I’m always here,” She deadpanned, “What is it?”

“What are the names of the facilities that the power ponies keep villains locked up besides Solace Asylum?”

“Um… Three, there was Highpoint where we kept radioactive villains, Dangerzone where dad stored a thousand robot villains and the Zero Zone that stored everything else.” Aurora listed.

“Never heard of it…” Firefly said. Lance soon realized something. The clip said Zero hour and the prison’s name was Zero Zone. If that wasn’t a small clue, then he did not know what it was.

“Aurora… Who is in the Zero Zone?”

“Just about every villain dad’s fought, like Hybrid, The Purple Mare, Fantasy, a few Power Pony clones, and Delirious, dad’s first enemy.” Aurora explains, “Why?”

“I got a bad feeling that something is going to happen…” The Adept briefly stated, looking back at Firefly.


Elsewhere

Five transport chariots road down a street. Two armed squads of police ponies trotted alongside them, armed with sub machine guns and riot shields.

“This is Zeta Bark. Prisoner transport three is one hour out, over.” Said a squad commander into his radio.

“Roger Zeta Bark, we’ll have the cells awaiting, over.” A voice over the radio replied.

One of the police snickered, “Zeta Bark? Are you serious?”

The commander rolled his eyes, “Shut up, Clayton said Honey Heart would do the codenames.”

“I still can’t believe you dumped her, she’s the nicest mare I’ve ever met, and my mom’s a doctor!” Another squad said, laughing. However, a purple vortex soon glowed in front of the carriages as a bipedal figure stepped out. Before any of the squads could react, the being sent forth a powerful energy blast that had the carriages and their passengers flying everywhere. The Adept known as Nova smiled. So far, everything was going according to plan.

“Oh no! They’re loose!” Screamed one of the ponies before his neck was snapped. Several transport guards opened fire on a couple prisoners, but unfortunately they failed in capturing or killing one.

“Ha ha! I can’t fathom how awesome that felt!” Yelled a sewed up mishmash of the Power Ponies. With the wings of Zapp, the horn of Masked Matterhorn, the body of Mistress Marevelous and Saddle Rager, legs of Filli-Second and mane/tail of Radiance. Her voice sounded like all six lapping over each other.

An Earth Pony with a white coat and blond mane stepped out of the carnage, “Oh… Guys, you know I don’t like the bloody stuff.”

“Oh, somepony give Fantasy a chair, he’s gonna faint.” A purple mare said sitting down. Around then was when Nova tried to get their attention.

“Ahem…”

Everypony around looked at him. One of them groaned in the background, but the purple mare trotted up to him, curious. “And who do we have here...?”

“The reason why you aren’t locked inside your cells anymore.” He spoke, surprising them.

“Oh~ Well then, why is it you did that?” The purple Earth Pony asked.

“What do you want is what she meant.” Said a rainbow maned Pegasus with cybernetic limbs.

“You may not know who I am, but I am also the one who broke out villains such as yourself from Solace Asylum,” The Adept told them. “My name is Nova, The head of Sumeragi. And right now, I am giving you two options… You either come with me and we will begin to wreak havoc upon those that locked you up in the first place… or refuse and see how you will fare with the authorities once backup arrives… And make it quick, I don’t have all day.”

Several left quickly, but most stayed. The purple mare got a bit closer, “And what do you plan to do to us?”

“I would grant you your chance at revenge.” Nova said calmly. “You must have a deep hatred against the heroes that threw you in the prison in the first place, am I right?”

The cyborg Pegasus trotted forward, “Yes…”

The purple mare smiled slyly, “I don’t think hate is the right word… And I think you’ve gotten our attention.”

“I do that with a lot of ponies…” Nova told them, before he used his powers to send the ponies remaining who were interested to Sumeragi’s headquarters. But before he left, the Adept felt another presence inside one of the cells. Blowing off the door, Nova soon noticed the individual in the cell and walked up.

“Well… who do we have here?”

A deep, gruff voice chuckled coldly, “You should leave… I’m not someone you’d be interested in…”

“Who are you?” He asked. This was the first time the Adept ever heard anyone openly refuse his help.

“I’m a being who was born without a name… But have since achieved one. Ponies call me Roach.” A human figure appeared in Nova’s vision. He had brown hair with a yellow right eye and a grey left.

“Ah yes… the one who fought against… Stopwatch, was it?” He asked. Nova had taken his time into looking back into the history of this world and had come across Stopwatch while doing so. “I have heard about you…”

“I don’t enjoy that title… It’s too boring and overused. I didn’t fight Stopwatch, I played with him until I was bored.” Roach said in a deadpan.

“Well… There wouldn’t be a point in trying to convince you of anything… So instead,” Nova got a photograph from his pocket, placing it inside Roach’s cell. “I will give you something to look forward too. Goodbye, Roach.” With that, Nova disappeared in a flash of violet light.

A picture of a blond Adept with a Breezie sat at the bottom of Roach’s cage. The Voidborn picked up the photograph, and a twisted grin appeared on his face.

“Well… This looks like fun…” Roach pulled out his grey eye and stared at it while a red one took it’s place, “Oh, this will be… Fantastic…”


End Strike 31

Author's Note:

A case of split personality gone wrong, time travel and villains on the loose? Just another typical day at the office.

Next Time: Homefront

PreviousChapters Next