• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 805 Views, 1 Comments

Despair and Chaos - Choral Note



When chaos and despair team up, it can only mean bad things for Equestria. With the help of some new friends, can the Mane 6 defeat this new threat?

  • ...
5
 1
 805

Chapter 2

I was the first one into the library as I slammed the door open. When I did, I found a dark purple unicorn with a lighter, silvery purple mane and gloves over her hooves looking at me, only slightly startled by how suddenly the door was opened.

“Kirigiri! Is that you?!” I cried.

“Yes, Naegi, calm down,” Kirigiri sighed in response. “You must have left a dent in the wall.”

“Uh, sorry,” I said sheepishly. “But, uh- oh god, you must be freaking out about-”

“I’m fine; the small dragon told me everything.”

“Small… dragon…?”

“Ugh, it took you guys long enough to get here!” a new voice said as the others came into the library after me. I turned towards the source of the voice to see a small purple dragon with green spines walking into the room from what must have been the kitchen, since he was holding a tray of tea. “You can’t just leave a guy alone like that! Especially not with a stranger… who is… uh…” he glanced at Kirigiri, who stared blankly back. “Well, never mind. Here, I made tea.”

“Oh, thank you very much,” I said as I reached for a cup of tea. As I did, however, I realized I had no way to pick up the teacup with hooves. I considered asking those more experienced in being ponies, but in the end, I decided to just not have any tea.

“Wait, Spike, I thought we agreed to explain everything once we got everyone together,” Twilight objected. “You already explained it all?”

“No,” Kirigiri answered in Spike’s place. “I still have many questions, but I suppose it would be best to let you give your explanation, since it may answer them.”

“Very well.” Twilight cleared her throat. “I’ll start with a bit of Equestrian history. You see, long ago, there was a very powerful draconequus named Discord who brought disharmony to all of Equestria-”

“What’s a draconequus?” Asahina interrupted.

“I-it’s a creature made up of different animal parts, you s-swimming idiot,” Fukawa huffed in an answer.

“Well jeez, it’s not as if it’s common knowledge!” Asahina said.

Anyways,” Twilight said before an argument could begin between the two. “Discord has already been defeated twice: once by our rulers, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, and and once by the six of us.”

“Is there not a position higher than princess?” Kirigiri asked. “Kings and Queens have always been the highest positions of power, or so it is in our world.”

“That is how it used to be in our world,” Twilight explained, “until King Sombra’s reign in the Crystal Empire, after which the terms became taboo. But that’s a story for another time.”

“Of course. Continue with the story, then.”

“So anyways, despite the fact that he was encased in stone twice, it seems he’s found a way to escape again. And along with this information, I’ve been told that some other evil force has aided Discord is escaping, and they’re now working together. This evil force supposedly came from your world.”

“But our world doesn’t have magic like yours does! How would they get to this world?” Asahina asked, raising her hoof in objection.

“W-what, you’re just accepting the existence of magic t-that easily?!” Fukawa grumbled.

“We are in a different world, so it would only make sense to infer that there are different rules here. They most likely used magic to bring us here, after all,” Kirigiri pointed out.

“Yeah, exactly!” Asahina cried.

“How they got here is unfortunately unknown,” Twilight sighed. “But I trust you all are familiar with some great evil.”

“Yeah, about that....” I cut in, bringing all eyes towards me. “The thing is, we are… uh, well…” I paused. “Junko Enoshima is, uh… dead.”

Silence fell across the room for a few moments, until it was broken by a voice. “Umm, who’s Junko Enoshima?” The voice belonged to Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, right,” I said. “Uh, Junko Enoshima is, well, the most likely person to be this ‘great evil’ you guys are talking about.”

“And you’re absolutely certain she’s dead?” Rarity asked. “There’s no possibility it could have been faked in some way?”

“Realistically speaking, it would be pretty difficult to fake being crushed to death, especially with six witnesses,” Kirigiri reasoned.

Fluttershy paled more than the other five ponies at that statement, but they all seemed surprised.

“And, erm… I take it you six were the six witnesses?” Twilight said.

“You would be correct. In fact, it was just a bit before we wound up here.”

“So then, what would be the second greatest evil from your world?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Junko Enoshima supposedly had some followers who helped her in her despair.... I would say it was her sister if she wasn’t dead,” I said.

“She didn’t… k-kill her own sist-ter, did she?” Fluttershy stuttered, paling even more.

I nodded. “Not exactly directly, but… unlike the others, Ikusaba’s demise was done by the mastermind herself.”

“Others? There were others?” Rainbow’s eyes widened.

“That doesn’t matter right now,” Kirigiri said. “What matters is that we need a way to stop whoever is doing this.”

“That’s absolutely right,” Twilight said. “We ought to get to Canterlot as soon as possible.”

“Heh, Canterlot?” Fukawa muttered. “Are a-all the towns just horse p-puns?”

Twilight cocked her head to the side in confusion. “Uh, what do you mean?”

“Pay her no mind,” Togami said, adjusting his glasses.

“So, uh, where’s Canterlot? And why do we need to go there?” Asahina asked.

“It’s the capital of Equestria, of course!” Rarity said with a flourish to her voice.

“We’re going there because that’s where Celestia and Luna are,” Twilight explained. “Now that you’re here, we all need to work together to find a solution.”

“Sounds good!” I said.

“Now then, let’s head to the train station. Did everypony pack their bags?”

All the ponies confirmed that they did, in fact, pack their bags for the trip. Thus, we walked out of the library and in the direction of the train station.

Author's Note:

Oh heck it's been a while. Uh. How have you all been? Excited for the English release of DRV3? Already had DRV3 spoiled and feeling depressed? I feel ya.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment