• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 258 Views, 1 Comments

A Life To Share - Dante K Freeman



Twilight just wanted to through a nice party for Fluttershy's birthday, unfortunately thing dont seems to go her way.

  • ...
 1
 258

A Dream Party

Chapter 4- A Dream Party

The three sorceresses flew back to the ground, satisfied with their accomplishment. Once hitting, Twilight immediately lost her balance, almost falling over. Luckily, Luna and Celestia were there to catch her before that could happen.

“Whoa,” Celestia said as she caught her, “are you okay Twilight?”

She got back to her feet, “Yeah, I’m just a little tired.”

“After what you pulled, you’re lucky that’s all you are,” Luna added, forcing Twilight to hang her head in shame.

As they spoke, the skies above them started to go from a dark red, to its natural bright and shining blue.

“It looks like things are starting to return to normal.” Celestia pointed her gaze to the skies.

“Yeah, nor… oh no, Fluttershy!” Twilight squirmed out of the princess’s grip and used what strength she had left to scamper to her fallen friend’s side; all of the rest had already collected around her.

“Fluttershy…” Twilight dropped to her knees next to her, “…Fluttershy, are you alright?”

Fluttershy struggled to work her gaze on Twilight. “Yes,” she answered, “I’m just a little bit tired.”

“…I’m so sorry,” Twilight hung her head again.

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not. I can’t believe that I didn’t trust you guys so much that I actually used that stupid spell.”

“It was just Minucorn influence,” Celestia said, walking up to the group with Luna at her back, “remember that he increases the negative emotion in a pony’s heart.”

“But he couldn’t have if I didn’t have those thoughts in my heart in the first place. How could I actually think that my friends couldn’t help me?”

“Its okay Twilight” said Fluttershy

“Quite right, you only did it so that you could protect us,” Rarity added.

“Yeah, yeah, just like you always do,” Pinkie said.

“Plus, this isn’t exactly the first time that you’ve gone a little overboard, and I doubt it’ll be the last,” Rainbow Dash claimed.

”Yeah… she’s got a point there Twi’,” said Applejack.

“No kidding,” Spike said.

“Yes, acting recklessly and making rash decisions does seem to be a common thing with you Twilight Sparkle,” Luna added as well.

Twilight was starting to think that they were being a little too agreeable.

“…but that’s the very thing that makes you such a wonderful student, and friend Twilight,” Celestia assured her. “The way that you help your friends, regardless of the threat to yourself, is one of the reasons we all care for you so much.”

A big smile worked itself onto Celestia’s face, as well as the rest of her friends, showing that they agreed with Celestia completely. Twilight brightened at the sight. She had always known how much her friends meant to her, and it was always nice to see just how much she meant to them too.

“Thanks guys,” Twilight said, “but Fluttershy, we should probably get you to a hospital now.” She gave a nod to agree with the idea.

“Wait a minute,” Pinkie yelled, “if it’s healing that you need, I know the best place to go. Follow me,” she ran while the group looked on and soon decided ‘why not,’ and followed after.

“Happy Birthday!” screamed the crowed of people, as the group finally walked into the Ponyville Town Hall, fully decorated, and filled with plenty of food. Rarities large statue of Fluttershy decorated the center of the hall while being surrounded by a group of presents.

“Wow,” Twilight finally said, “Pinkie this is amazing; how could you have done this so fast?”

“Duh,” Pinkie pulled a small cannon out of… somewhere, “…party cannon.”

“…and Rarity, that statue is beautiful.” Twilight’s eyes were fixed on the center piece.

“It did take me a bit longer than I would have liked, but I think it turned out quite nice,” Rarity answered.

“The same goes for the food; I couldn’t make as much as I wanted,” Applejack said.

Twilight looked at the full party room again and began to feel so foolish for thinking that her friends really didn’t care for her ideas at all, but she knew better now.

The girls and Spike found a table where they could all sit together, including the princesses.

“Fluttershy, are you sure you’re okay with this; being here instead of getting some rest?” Twilight said worried.

”Of course, after all the work you girls must have done, I can’t think of anyplace that I would rather be.”

Twilight looked at all of her friends, sitting and smiling together, “Yeah, same here.”

“Well to make this birthday complete,” Rainbow said as grabbed a small box from behind her back, “happy birthday Fluttershy,” she handed over the box

“Oh my,” Fluttershy responded, “thank you.”

“Our gift, but how did you…?”

“When you guy’s where walking over here, I flew by the store and picked it up. I told you not to sweat it.”

Twilight laughed at the statement. “So Fluttershy, aren’t you going to open it?” Fluttershy nodded and began unwrapping the small box. As it was unwrapped, the present had started to give off an intense light, but to Twilight’s surprise, she seemed to be the only one to notice. “Hey,” she cried, “What’s going on,” but no one seemed to hear her.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy said as she grabbed the small object out, “It’s beautiful.”

The present couldn’t be seen, but the light still grew larger and more intense, until finally, everything went black.

Within a large house, built within the core of a tree, a small purple unicorn had been resting on top of an open book lying on her work desk. From behind her, a small purple and green dragon came up to give her a waking nudge.

“Twilight,” he said, “Twilight wake up, its morning.”

Twilight awoke from on top of the book that she mistook for a pillow. “What…,” she grunted.

“Its morning I said, today is Fluttershy’s birthday, remember? Did you finally pick out a cake for the party?”

Twilight looked at the apparent cookbook and saw what cake it was on, the ‘blue-raspberry apple crumb cake. “Yeah… this one looks good.”

“Well then we had better get started on making it.” Spike headed to the kitchen to get started.

“Right, let’s get baking.” Twilight followed.

After finishing the cake, Spike and Twilight started toward Ponyville Town Hall. Twilight levitated the cake in front of her while Spike road on her back.

“Well, looks like we got our part done,” Said Spike “Do you think the girls remembered to get there’s?”

Twilight thought back to the weird dream she had and knew that the answer was obvious. “Yeah Spike, I’m positive they have. When our friends make a promise you can be sure that they’re going to keep it.”

“Yeah, you’re right; you sure seem strangely chipper today, what’s up?”

“Spike, let’s just say, after last night, I’m defiantly going to be putting a lot more trust in my friends from now on. After all, I don’t think a pony could have ever ask for better ones.”

Spike couldn’t help but be curious at her response, “wow, what exactly happened last night?”

“Well you see…”

Twilight began telling Spike all about her weird dream in excruciating detail. As she spoke, the ground under them began to shake a bit.

“What the?” she gasped at the sensation, “Did you feel that?”

“Feel what?” Spike was oblivious to it.

“I thought…, you know what, never mind; it’s not important.”

The two just continued to the hall, deciding to shrug off the small tremor as nothing. And as they did, far under the town’s surface, where no pony could notice, a small… red…light began to shine.

The End; Thanks for reading; I hope you enjoyed.

Author's Note:

I've finally finished my first story, yeah. I don't plan on leaving anyone hanging, so this won't be the last story I write.

Anyone wondering exactly who Hearts is. If not you won't have to worry about the next story. If so, well you'll have to wait.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment