• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 258 Views, 1 Comments

A Life To Share - Dante K Freeman



Twilight just wanted to through a nice party for Fluttershy's birthday, unfortunately thing dont seems to go her way.

  • ...
 1
 258

The Party Planner

Chapter 1- The Party Planner

It was a bright day in the town of Ponyville, and an even brighter day in the home a young sorceress. From the opening doorway of large house, crafted within a tree, their walked the lovely pail skinned young women with dark-purple hair and a violet and hot-pink streak running down one side of it, dressed in a tight purple blouse and short white pants. Her left arm had a small purple horn coming out of the top of her wrist, and on her bare shoulders showed the mark of a star-like symbol. “Perfect,” she said, staring at the large cake she held in her hands, “this is definitely the perfect cake for Fluttershy’s birthday.” She started to walk out of the house and towards the town. “Hey twilight, wait up,” said the voice of a young boy coming from the house.

“Come on Spike, we have to hurry,” Twilight responded as the boy ran out. A short, young boy, with short-spiky hair to match ran up to Twilight’s side, dressed in a purple button down shirt, grey cargo pants, and a pair of dark purple boots.

“Me? You’re the one that spent three hours deciding which cake ‘looked’ the best for the party. Do you even know what flavor you chose?” Spike said.

“Of course, it’s a blue raspberry-apple crumb cake. I just know that every-pony is going to love it.” Responded twilight

“If you say so, well bye,” he started to walk away.

“Hey, Spike, where are you going?”

“I… just thought that Rarity could use a little… um… help, is all”

“Getting the statue?”

“Right, that thing is pretty heavy. I thought that she could use a little muscle,” Spike flexes to show of his ‘muscle.’

“Hmm… alright, meet me back at Ponyville hall before Fluttershy catches on.”

“Right, no problem,” Spike heads off to find Rarity while Twilight continues to Ponyville Town hall.

As twilight walked into the town hall, she stopped suddenly and looked around in shock. “What in Equestria,” she said, seeing that the entire hall was still only a group of chairs and desks when it was suppose to be decorated for the up coming party. “What’s going on, the decorating should have been done a long time ago. Pinkie!” Twilight yelled, “Pinkie, where are…”
“Surprise!!!” a loud shout came from directly in front of Twilight causing her to jump and fling the cake into the air.
“Oh no,” she held out her left hand and the horn attached began to glow with an indigo aura. The same aura appeared around the cake as it halted in mid-air and floated back to her hands.

Twilight let out a sigh of relief as she looked towards the source of the ‘surprise;’ a girl who looked about Twilight’s age and had a similar small build. She had curly hot-pink hair, a matching pink shirt with the picture of three balloons on it and rolled up sleeves showing off the same mark on her shoulders; short tanned pants; and white slippers over blue and white stripped socks.

“Pinkie, what are you doing?” Twilight asked

“Well duh, I’m practicing my ‘Surprise’…” she yelled again, “…for the party today.”

“(This again) Pinkie, I thought that you were going to decorate the town hall for the party? Don’t you think that is a little more important right now?”

“Of course, but I have plenty of time for that.”

“Pinkie, that party starts in five hours.”

“Really? Time really flies when you’re SURPRISE-ing”

“Since when do you forget a party?”

“Forgotten party!? Where!? Which Party!?”

Twilight didn’t bother answering in fear that if she tried, she might just go crazy. “Yo, Pinkie Pie,” another voice came from farther in the Town hall. A thin tan skinned girl with a medium build came out of the back door and flew up to the girls. This one had rainbow colored hair with brown goggles over them, a white under shirt, jean pants, and a jean jacket with tares on the shoulders showing her mark of a cloud with rainbow a lightning-bolt coming out. She didn't wear shoes, but instead had a small, but strong, set of wings on both of her ankles. “I have a better job for you,” the girl said as she hovered next to Pinkie.

“Oh hay Dashie, do you have something that you need me to do? If you do, just say the word and I’m there. I guarantee that you are not going to find any pony more ready for this than me, I’ll be all-like…”

Dash puts her hand over Pinkie’s mouth so she could get her own words out. “Alright Pinkie, now this job is really important. I need you to go find Fluttershy and make sure she doesn't come to the Ponyville Town Hall for anything until we are ready for the party. Can you do that?”

“I’m on it,” Pinkie stands at attention towards Dash, “now I just need to find her.”

“That’s the easy part, because she’s right out there.” Dash Points out one of the halls windows toward another girl outside.

Just as Dash said, outside of the building walked a slender girl with a large build and very long light-pink hair, wearing a pail yellow dress with a frilled top and no sleeves, to show off her three butterfly mark, and a long short-cut bottom skirt. Just like Dash, she had no shoes and a set of wings around her ankles, but they looked much weaker than dashes. She looked like she was looking for something.

“Dear Celestia, what is she doing here,” Twilight shouted.

“Well Pinkie, you have your mission,” said Dash

“I’m on it,” Pinkie responded as she headed out the door while the other two just waved her off. Pinkie quickly appeared in front of Fluttershy, spoke a few words and dragged her away.

“Well that should keep her busy for a while,” Dash said with a boastful smirk

“But Rainbow Dash, how is the Town hall supposed to get decorated now?” Twilight gestered to the still un-decorated hall.

“Don’t sweat it egghead, as soon as I’m done with my part, I’ll get this place decorated in no time. After all, who could get it done faster than me?”

“(The pony you just sent out to stall Fluttershy, that’s who) Alright then,” Twilight puts the cake down on one of the near by tables, “but wait, what about the food? Why is that not here yet?”

“Hey don’t look at me, go check with AJ about that. She should still be at Sweet Apple Acres.” Rainbow flew fly back through where she came. “I had better get back to work. Good luck,” She flies out of the room.”

“(What work is she talking about? I just told her to get the present,)” Twilight pushed the thought to the back of her head as she began towards Sweet Apple Acres.

A few moments later, Twilight finally arrived to a large farm, Home to apple trees as far as the eye could see. Near the core of the farm, where a large-red barn stood, a single female farm worker could be seen near one of the trees. She was a slender thing with tanned skin and a large build, similar to Fluttershy’s, and arms and legs that were extremely toned. She wore a white shirt under her brown vest that showed off her three-apples mark, a brown skirt and boots, and of course, her signature Stetson over her long-blond hair, tied back in a pony-tail.

She started kicking the side of a tree, causing all the apples above to fall into a group of bins underneath with a freakish amount of precision, when she spotted her good friend walking up to her. “Well howdy Twi’, what’s up” the farm worker said.

“Howdy Applejack; I need to ask you something.”

“Yeah…” she hit another tree with the back of her fist causing one more apple to fall right into her open hand, “…about what?” she took a bite.

“Well… by any chance do you remember the big party for Fluttershy? You know the one that’s today?” Twilight urged the question.

“Can’t wait for it”

“Right; by any chance, do you have the food that I asked you to prepare ready yet. We should probably get it to the hall soon.”

“Shoot Twi’, no worries. I got the food started early today, just take a look.” Applejack pointed to an area just outside of the barn house where a small red-haired girl and a well built orange-haired man were setting up a small table of food. “We got your apple pies, apple fritters, the works,” Applejack said with a sort of pride in her voice.

“Good," Twilight said while starting to calm down a bit, "so the rest is inside right?”

“Nope, that’s all I got for now,” AJ’s face hadn’t changed

“What! Applejack, there are going to be a lot of ponies at this party, we’ll need a lot more than just that.”

“No worries, I’ll get to makein’ the rest as soon as I finish with the apple-bucking.”

“AJ, couldn't the work wait until after the party?”

“Sorry Twilight, but we’re behind now as is. If we don’t get this done today, a lot of these apples could go bad before we even get a chance to get them off of the trees. No worries; I’ll have plenty of time after words.”

Twilight looked up at the sun and noticed that it was already in the center of the sky, there was really not that much time left. “Alright, I’ll leave it to you then, just don’t forget when the party is alright,” Twilight said with noticeable worry.

“Don’t sweat it, I’ll remember. Hey Big Mac, Applebloom” Applejack yelled over to her bother and sister near the table of food, “get that food over to the Town Hall for me will ya? The rest should be ready by the time ya get back.”

“Yep,” Big Mac answered back as he lifted the table of food up with little Applebloom grabbing the end and getting lifted with it as Big Mac started to walk toward the Town Hall.

Twilight was still worried that Applejack might not be ready when she said she would be, “(is she trying to bite off more than she can chew again; I hope this isn't a repeat of Apple-bucking season),” she thought. As she looked back up toward the sun, she noticed that the time was still ticking away, “(I’ll just have to trust her.)” Twilight left to check on the rest of her friends.

Deep within Ponyville a loud crashing sound, like shattering glass could be heard from the center of town. Twilight heard the sound and quickly ran toward it. She spotted Spike next to a beautiful violet-haired women standing in front of a large pile of broken glass. The women had a very thin figure with a medium build covered by a white open backed, long sleeved top with open shoulders (to show he diamonds mark) coated in jewels. Her legs were partly covered by a white-slashed long skirt with black shorts underneath, purple heels on her feet, and like Twilight, a small horn on top of her left arm.

Twilight looked closely at the shards of glass and finally admitted the worst. “Rarity, Spike, by any chance is that the glass statue I asked you two to pick up for the party.”

“Well…” Spike was scared to answer.

“I’m ashamed to say that it is Twilight, or at least it was, if you could call it such.” Rarity spoke up.

“What happened? Did you drop it?” Twilight asked

“Not really,” Spike said

“This was no accident Twilight,” Rarity admitted, “I put the poor thing out of its misery.”

“What!? What do you mean ‘put it out of its misery’?”

“See here Twilight, an event such as this is for too important to be sullied with such an atrocity. The poor thing seemed as though its arm was where its leg should have been.”

“Spike?” Twilight looked towards her assistant

“Well… I have to agree with Rarity.”

“(Of course he does) Well what about the party?”

“Fear not Twilight, I shall create a sculpture far superior to whatever you would call what we were carrying.”

“Exactly, Rarity can fix this. Don’t sweat it Twilight.” Spike said as Twilight began looking increasingly worried again.

“Come now Spike, I will require your assistance,” Rarity started to walk off and Spike quickly followed after her.

“Can she really finish in time,” Twilight looked at the two as they walked out of sight, “small chance oh that, ‘sigh’ (okay, I guess we don’t really need a glass statue. I just hope Rainbow finished decorating the hall, I better go check.)” She headed back towards Ponyville Town Hall.

As she was heading for the Town Hall again, she had run into, possibly the last person that she wanted to see at the moment, “Huh… oh, Fluttershy, nice to see you.”

“Twilight, I’m happy that I finally found you, I have something very important that I have to tell you.” Fluttershy said with her normal quiet voice.

“Oh really, that’s really interesting. Well bye,” Twilight tried to get away from her as fast as she could.

Fluttershy quickly flew in front of her to stop her from walking away, “Twilight, where are you going?” she asked

“Well… you know, I have something’s I have to do, and some other things I have to do somewhere… not here,” Twilight wasn’t in anyway being sneaky.

Fluttershy wondered what was up with her, but before she could ask, someone found her again.

“Fluttershy, there you are, I’ve been looking all over for silly,” said Pinkie pie.

“Oh look its Pinkie Pie, you two should hang out; you never get to do that with her anymore,” Twilight tried to sneak away again.

“But Twilight,” Fluttershy said, “I really have to tell you something,”

“Well why don’t you just tell me then?” Pinkie answered

“Well… okay, earlier today me and…” Fluttershy was stopped by Pinkie’s hand over her mouth.

“Hold that thought. You’ll have plenty of time to tell me on our way, we still have a lot of stuff to do birthday girl.”

“What! But Pinkie, I really don’t think I can handle anymore of those activities and I really have to talk to Twilight.”

“There will be time for that later, but first lets have some fun,” Pinkie starts to drag Fluttershy to Celestia knows where to do Luna knows what. Fluttershy looked back towards Twilight, who was a good while away by now and got a little worried.

When Twilight opened the door to Town Hall, she simple could not believe what she saw again. “No freakin’ way…,” the hall had still not been decorated, apart from a few lone streamers on the wall, “she hasn’t done anything. How long can it possible take to pick up a present, especially for Rainbow Dash?” she thought back to when Dash had said that she was ‘getting back to work,’ “What did she mean when she said that?” Twilight quickly headed through the door she remembered Rainbow Dash did. Once she got outside, she was able to find dash messing with some large contraption in the middle of the Hall’s court yard. She was a little annoyed to see her working on it instead of doing what she promised and went over to see what was up.

“Rainbow Dash,” she screamed, “Rainbow!” Rainbow Dash finally heard her and started to head her way, “Oh, hey Twilight, what’s up,” she at last answered.

“Rainbow Dash, what are you doing? What is this thing?”

“This is none other than my ‘Rainbow-course extreme’”

“You’re what?”

“It’s an obstacle course that I made for the party. When I was inside, I got to thinking, ‘that Fluttershy never seems to do anything exciting in her life,’ so what better way to celebrate her birthday than giving her a little excitement? That’s exactly what this will do.”

“But Rainbow Dash, what about…”

“I just got the finishing touches on it, why don’t you give it a try,”

“What? Not a chance, that doesn't look…”

“Oh don’t be a wimp. I’ll time you. Ready, go,” Rainbow Dash pushed Twilight across the starting line, causing the course to start.

At first Twilight just stood there, “look Rainbow, I’m not going to…” before Twilight could finish, she notices a large shadow at her feet. When she looked up, she noticed a large hay stack about to fall right on top of her, and quickly dodged back to avoid it. Before she could get her footing back, more hay stacks began to fall and she was forced to run farther into the course. The hay stopped falling after a while only for her to step between two walls that started flinging fruit at her once she did. She ran out as quickly as she could only to start slipping on a long wet mud slide which slid her in a crescent path to the next part. “Rainbow this is starting to get a little…” as she stepped forward, she noticed that ground under her felt extremely loss and she knew what that meant, “damn.” The ground gave out from under her as a trap door opened up, but she jumped out of the way before she fell in, only for more trap doors to open with every jump she made until she finally got to the end of the course and face planted across the line.

“Time, 5:28; not bad Twilight,” Dash said to the downed girl, “Nothing to write home about, but not bad. So what did you think?”

Twilight looked up at her ‘friend’ with a hateful stare, “What did I think? I think it was…”

“I know, it’s still just too easy. Maybe I should add more hay, or maybe more pits.” Rainbow pondered.

“Rainbow,” Twilight said, “are you trying to kill Fluttershy for her birthday?”

“Oh come on, if you can get through that course, I’m sure that she can do the same.”

Twilight ignored the obvious insult, because she was already too annoyed, “Rainbow, what does this course have to do with the party. I thought that you said that you were going to decorate the Hall.”

“I am. Now that I’m done with my course, I’ll be able to finish that hall in no time at all, no worries.”

“Well by any chance did you remember to get the present we got Fluttershy?”

“Huh… oh the present, I knew I forgot something. I’ll just pick up the present before going back to the Hall, no sweat.”

“(No sweat, yeah right.)” Twilight started to walk away.

“Well, now I have to go pick up a present, cook the party’s food, and re-order an expensive crystal statue before the party starts in…” Twilight looks at the sun again, “…1-hour.”

“Why would you do all that?”

“Because every-pony else seems too be too busy with their own things to help me with them. Now I’m just going to have to do this on my own. It’s no big deal, I’m sure I can get it done, I just have to hurry.” Rainbow starts to look at Twilight with a little confusion. “At least Fluttershy is still distracted. That will make things easier. Now first I should probably head to…”

“SURPRISE!!!” Pinkie popped up in front of Twilight again, knocking her back to the ground.

“Pinkie!” Twilight said, annoyed.

“Did I surprise you, cool, my surprise is ready. Wow what happened to you?” Pinkie looked at Twilight, still covered in mud and fruit stains all over her body and clothing.

“It’s a long story,” Twilight look over towards Rainbow, “Pinkie, aren't you suppose to be stalling Fluttershy?”

“I was, but then I saw all of ‘them’,” Pinkie pointed over towards all of the people heading for the town hall, waiting for the party to start. “They reminded me that I still had something important to do. My SURPRISE still needed a lot of work, so I needed to get back to that.”

Twilight looked on at all of the party guests and got extremely worried. She wasted no more time and started to her first new task. “I’m out of time,” Twilight cried, “I have to do something right… ahhhh!” she had accidentally fallen into one of Rainbow Dash’s pit falls in her attempt at a mad dash.

Rainbow Dash looked down the pit to see if she was okay, “Twilight,” She shouted, “Are you okay down there?”

Twilight quickly teleported herself back to the top of the pit, startling Rainbow Dash into the air, “Rainbow, how in the wide, wide world of Equestria did you make such a deep hole in such a short time?”

“Hard work and determination.” Rainbow joked.

Twilight had no response. She looked around and asked, “Where’d Pinkie Pie go?”

“She went back to the Town Hall; she said that she still had something important to do.”

“Probably more surprise practice. ‘Sigh’ this isn't going the way that I had planed at all.”

“Calm down egghead. Soon every-pony will get here and we can celebrate Fluttershy’s birthday right. Party or not.”

“I guess so, I just hope that nothing else goes wrong,” As Twilight said that, the ground beneath the girls started to shake intensely. The quake was felt through the whole town and the source seemed to be within the hole by the girl’s feet, “why did I have to say something?”

Author's Note:

Well i seems that Twilight's party isn't really going as planned. And now to add fuel to the flame, a new x-factor has entered the equation. Oh well, at least it might add a little excitment, I'm sure Rainbow will be happy about that, after all, sin't what she wanted... isn't it.