• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 878 Views, 13 Comments

I am Trixie! - ShadowFirePon3



The Alicorn Amulet never completely let go of Trixie, and now that she's learned her lesson and wishes to fix her mistakes, she must first deal with its residual hold over her soul.

  • ...
0
 13
 878

Chapter 3: Lavish and Luxury

Trixie lay back upon the bed in the room she was given, admiring the feel and scent of everything. The mattress was made of a specially refined cloud type that even non Pegasi could lay upon. It was by far, the most comfortable thing she had ever felt. The linen and satin sheets and bed spread was so neatly kept and had an exuberance that complimented the tone of the room, which was far larger than it needed to be to keep just one pony. In fact, this bed alone would have been large, even to Shadow. So much more extra space than necessary made Trixie feel very small in comparison.

Accepting that Celestia insisted on taking care of her for the time being, Trixie felt as though this was completely overdoing it. She was being treated to as much cordiality as a royal diplomat. And that was by no means an over exaggeration, as the foreign ambassadors that were here for the Equestria games were given the same exact treatment, save for the fact that they are also going to get to observe the games. But Trixie wasn’t upset about missing that. All the more likely that she would be able to avoid running into Twilight.

“But even if Trixie somehow did deserve all of this, it would be too much all the same.” She said, thinking out loud.

Deciding against trying to beat herself up for now, Trixie got up from the bed and headed over to the bathroom, which was also very large and extravagant. She turned the water on and watched as the big crystal tub filled up. One of the spells that she had gotten really good at in her travels, was a cleansing spell, which eliminated the need to bathe. That came in very useful, since Trixie hated feeling dirty. But there was just something relaxing about soaking in hot water, and right now, that was all Trixie wanted to do. She added a little of the bubble bath mix that was next to the tub. It smelled sweet, like peaches and lilac.

The very tip of her hoof met the water, once the tub was full, and a wave of relaxing heat ran up her leg. Very gingerly, as the water was quite hot, Trixie lowered herself into the bath and sighed in great relief and comfort as the sweet smelling hot water reached all around her, helping to relax her weary self.

Trixie breathed in deep the scent of the bath. “How long has it been since Trixie last relaxed in hot water?” she asked herself. “Never before so lavishly, but it has been too long.”

She sighed heavily and began playing with the bubbles, giggling to herself at how much of a little filly she was being. This was nice though, and something she really needed. For a few moments, she even forgot her worries as she tried to enjoy herself for a change. But as one eventually does, when left to one’s own thoughts, Trixie began to mull over what she needed to do the next day. The Equestria games would be finished late that night. The following morning would host the parade, celebrating the top three winning cities. Her best bet to avoid being over shadowed, and keeping out of sight from Twilight, would be to do her performance that evening, after the festivities were over and Twilight and her friends went back to Ponyville. But that still leaves the whole day before hand to prepare, and without her caravan, there was a lot that she didn’t have to work with.

“Undoubtedly, the princesses would help if Trixie asked… but should I?” Trixie said, sinking a little below the bubbles.

Out the window, in the distance, the sound of a massive flame lighting up followed by some stallion’s voice ringing out, “Let the games begin!”

Trixie looked over at the open window, as though she could see the stadium from there. “Sounds like the events are underway,” she said, leaning back down into the bath. “Trixie supposes it’s too late to worry now. Nothing but stress will come of it.”

Leaning back and closing her eyes, Trixie spent the next hour or so, listening to the crowd as they cheered for their respective teams. She imagined as though the thunderous applause and cries of excitement were for her, about to perform a magic show. Lost in her day dream, she imagined up the greatest performance that she could. With a big stadium full of crystal ponies, faces that she had never seen before and held no resentment towards her. In fact, they were ecstatic to see her show. Even the four princesses where in attendance. Celestia looked hopeful, Luna smiled in approval, Cadence clapped her hooves together, and Twilight had a friendly and thoughtful smile as she looked at Trixie.

There was a problem however. Trixie hadn’t prepared for anything and didn’t know how to start. However, looking at Twilight, something came to her in a moment of eureka.

“How would everypony like to hear the epic tale of how The Great and Powerful Trixie, vanquished the dreaded Ursa Major!” Trixie announced with all her former grandeur.

Everypony cheered, save for Twilight, who had a look of disappointment on her face. Trixie gave Twilight a knowing and sly smile, then continued.

“Awe,” Trixie said, giving her best adorable little pouty face. “That’s so cute that you think she could actually do that. Well that’s just too bad now, isn’t it?” she teased her audience, “For, to The Great and Powerful Trixie’s knowledge, there isn’t a unicorn alive capable of pulling that off.”

The crowd burst into laughter and Twilight looked at Trixie with an eyebrow raised. The disappointment in her face was gone, replaced with confusion and curiosity. Trixie’s full attention was on Twilight as she gave another knowing smile.

“Instead, let Trixie tell you the tale of how The Great Princess Twilight pacified the rage of a rampaging Ursa Minor.”

Erupting into even greater cheers, the ponies in the stadium began to chant ‘Princess Twilight! Princess Twilight!’ with all their energy. Twilight, not knowing how to react, tried to hide her blushing face as she gingerly waved to the crowd. Trixie cleared her throat and the crowd fell silent. The lights went dim as Trixie began her show, conjuring a life sized Ursa Minor neon puppet with her magic, getting some impressed sounds from the audience, and making the Ursa throw a temper tantrum.

“As it happens, two little ponies decided that they wanted to lure an Ursa Major into the town of Ponyville so that they could see some impressive magic from whatever pony would stop it. A foalish thing to do for sure. They wandered through the Everfree until they found what they thought they were looking for. It was instead, an Ursa Minor. One that was very cranky, for they had awoken it from its slumber.”

Trixie conjured a little neon Snips and Snails to run away from the pursuing Ursa.

“Leading the Ursa out of the forest and into the quiet night of Ponyville, the two ponies found the Great and Powerful Trixie and told her to vanquish it. In a show prior, that they were privy to, Trixie may have boasted about being capable of such magic as a means to improve her stage presence, but that was not meant to be an invitation to bring an Ursa to town. Despite knowing that she would not be able to stop it, Trixie did give it her best shot.”

There was a moment of pause as the neon Trixie magically sent lightning bolts at the Ursa Minor, who simply shrugged them off. Then, a bright purple neon form appeared and took the shape of Twilight.

“When all seemed lost, Princess Twilight appeared and performed some unusual, yet powerful, magic to calm the Ursa and remove it from the town.”

The neon Twilight shown with an incredibly bright horn and much strain on her face as the Ursa Minor was carried off in a cradle of purple light.

“Trixie was astounded by this deed of unconventional and powerful magic having accomplished what she had dubbed impossible. However,” Trixie began to focus all her magic into one spell as she continued her story, strain in her voice. “When the Princess was asked how she knew just the way to deal with an Ursa Major, she revealed that it was only a Minor. Nothing more than a baby.” Sparks started to fly off Trixie’s horn as a bead of sweat ran down the side of her face. “When asked further, if that was just an Ursa Minor, what is an Ursa Major like? Twilight simply responded…”

Trixie let lose all of the magical energy she had been building up, creating a life size, neon depiction, of what she thought an Ursa Major might look like. Mostly the same as the Ursa Minor, but more grizzly looking, and instead of being the size of a house, it was approximately ten times that size, filling the entire stadium.

“…you don’t want to know.” Trixie finished, practically out of breath, deconstructing her magic construct into a spectacular magical fireworks display.

Recovering from the terror of seeing the massive Ursa Major, everypony in the stadium gave the greatest cheers and applause of the night to the winded Trixie. She was so happy in that moment and weekly looked at Twilight, who had joined the crowd in their excitement and adulation of her. Trixie took off her hat and dabbed a tear from her eye.”

“You’re a bad pony Trixie.” A voice said, suddenly cutting through the noise.

The world suddenly fell silent as Trixie looked at Twilight, whose face didn’t look like her own.

“You’re a bad pony Trixie! Say what you want, but nopony will believe you’ve seen the error of your ways, not even yourself.”

“No,” Trixie feebly said, recognizing the pony from the train.

“Put on your nice pony act, but eventually, you’ll go right back to trying to make other ponies miserable to make yourself feel better. I will never forgive you, and I don’t accept your apology!”

“NOOOooo!!!” Trixie screamed, hiding her face into her hat.

All around her, Trixie could hear the voices of the crowd chanting in a ritualistic fashion, ‘bad pony, bad pony, bad pony, bad pony.’

Her day dream had turned into a nightmare. Try as she might, Trixie couldn’t open her eyes and find herself in the tub. She had nodded off, and this vision was not under her control. She curled up into a ball and covered her ears.

“I can be a good pony, just give me a chance!” she yelled out, to no avail.

The chanting continued and it got louder and louder. Trixie was about to cry when she heard something peculiar sounding above the chanting noise.

♫ “Oh, we’re the Wonderbolts and we’re super-fast, and we live in Cloudsdale, which is a part of Equestria.”

Trixie bolted upright in the tub, splashing water everywhere. She stared out the window with her eyebrow raised and her ears flat against her head.

“What in Equestria is that?” Trixie wondered out loud as the singing continued.

♫ “That we like best and we’re proud and we’re fast and we like it because it really has nice trees.”

Rubbing her ears, Trixie looked down at her bath, which was now bubble-less and lukewarm.

“Perhaps Trixie has lingered too long in the hot water and is now hearing things. No pony could be making such poor noise intentionally,” she said, shaking her head.

But as she left the water and toweled herself off, the song continued until it was over, which you knew it was because the singer… if they are to be called a singer, repeated the words ‘over now’ three times. And then for some reason, after a little silence, a loud, familiar, hyper voice called out, ‘Nailed it!’

“Nailed what? Trixie’s ears shut?” Trixie said to herself.

Trixie left the bathroom and fell onto the very comfortable bed. That was the second time that she had fallen asleep today, but even so, she had only achieved a little less than half of the sleep that she was deprived of last night. The position of Celestia’s sun shown that there were still several hours left of the day, and there was nothing else that Trixie could do at this point in time, so she decided, despite the nightmare in the tub, that she needed to sleep. She was mentally exhausted, likely in part due to the nightmare and the dreamless sleep, but like the saying goes, third time’s the charm. The bedspread felt so good against her coat, she just couldn’t nod off without crawling inside.

Grabbing the pillow and hugging it tightly, as though it would protect her, Trixie pleaded under her breath, “Please. It doesn’t even need to be a good dream, as long as it’s not a nightmare.”

Unfortunately for Trixie, the first half of her dream did exactly as she asked for it not to. Without waking, she spent the next couple hours in the hateful eyes of everypony she had ever wronged in the past. It was unpleasant, and tormented her, but some small part of her was relieved because, of the two of her normal nightmares, she preferred this one, as opposed to strangling Twilight in the other. But something peculiar happened about half way through her REM cycle. The hateful voices subsided, the eyes of scorn faded away. Trixie found herself in a small but cozy cottage. This was a scene that she hadn’t seen in a long time. In fact, she had nearly forgotten this old place.

“Where’s my little Trickster?” said a warm, yet weathered, voice from the other room.

At the sound of the voice, Trixie was completely taken off guard. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard. That old voice, her old nickname. Before she knew what she was doing, she found herself walking slowly over towards the doorway to the den. Looking around the corner, Trixie gasped and held her hooves to her mouth, tears filling her eyes.

“There she is,” said the smiling old stallion in front of her.

Trixie took a moment to look him over thoroughly. He was a grey stallion with short white hair and a small beard that was just as white, with the exception of a small grey patch just under his bottom lip. His eyes were bright and vibrant, though clearly aged. Every wrinkle on his face told his life story of a pony who had always liked to smile. And the aura that exuded from his smile showed that he loved to make other ponies smile as well.

“What’s the matter Trixie? Did you have a nightmare?” he said, seeing the tears in Trixie’s eyes.

“Grandpa!” Trixie cried out.

Without letting another moment pass, Trixie galloped forward and tackled the old stallion into a hug, which didn’t bother him at all, because Trixie was only a little school filly, though she didn’t notice the change. Tears where flowing down her face and the biggest grin she had ever been able to give was spread cheek to cheek.

A couple more hours later, Trixie awoke, back in her room in the crystal palace. She looked over to the side of her bed to find Princess Luna, watching over her.

“I hope that you do not mind, Trixie.” Luna said, gently. “When we had come to check on you, after the games had ended, you seemed to be having a bad dream. I tried to hold back the nightmares and let you sleep normally. Was I able to help you have a good slumber?”

Trixie didn’t say anything. Instead, she simply went over to Luna and hugged her.

At first taken back by the action, Luna slowly returned Trixie’s embrace and said, “I suppose this signifies that I have.”

“I remember,” Trixie said, almost breaking out in tears again. “I remember why I love magic, and why I love to perform.”

Luna patted Trixie, pulled away from the hug, and smiled.

“That is wonderful to hear,” she said. “Perhaps you may want to share with us at dinner. I assume that you haven’t eaten yet. Cadence and my sister are awaiting at the banquet for our arrival.”

Suddenly realizing she hadn’t eaten all day, and that the night had already begun, Trixie’s stomach growled loudly. She looked down at it, embarrassed.

“Food sounds good right now.”

Author's Note:

I hope that this one doesn't seem too rushed. I tried to add in all of the emotions that I meant to, without making the chapter too long. As always, I'm open to constructive criticism as well as if you find any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Comments ( 2 )

Please, can we have some more?:twilightblush:

6646357 NEVER!!!!!!....... oh, all right. lol. too much stuff going on and too many things to get done, but more 'I am Trixie!' will come within the next few weeks.

Login or register to comment