• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 427 Views, 10 Comments

Marie's Story - Musical Note



An earth-pony named Marie lives in a cottage inside of The EverFree Forest with no pony, but her mother. One day, when her mother falls ill, her life goes down hill really quickly.

  • ...
3
 10
 427

A Royal Wedding

Marie was in her dream, and she heard a low tone whisper her name. "W-Who's there?" She asked scared. Just then, a shadow-figure appeared and it revealed the shape of David.

She gasped, "David?! Get out of here! I'll get Xavier to...!"

"To do what?" He chuckled, "You're mine, and I'm taking you back, do we both understand each other?" David was about to kiss her, when Xavier showed up.

"Put her down...now!" Xavier blasted him, and he was vaporized.

"Noooo!!!" He screamed as he faded away.

Marie woke up with horrified gasps. "Oh...it was just a dream. Thank Celestia..."

Xavier came in, "Are you alright? I heard noises coming from your room."

"Oh...everything's fine, it was just a nightmare." Marie replied.

Xavier responded, "Oh, alright, try to get back to sleep." He smiled as he walked out of the room. They both went back to sleep.

Marie woke up again, this time not from a dream, but because it was morning. She put the new-version of her necklace on, and hoped it worked. Marie had also brushed out her mane. After doing so, she walked down stairs to have breakfast. Instead of having a big one, she had an apple and a glass of water. Then she walked out to the garden to admire the flowers. Once her hoofs grew tired, she sat down on a bench underneath a tree.

Jill came up to her, "Marie! Your necklace!"

"I can understand you again!" Marie gasped.

"I came to tell you that, well, remember how you were asking yourself if Xavier really had feelings for you?" Jill asked.

Marie answered her, "Yes?"

Jill replied, "Well, he isn't trying to play you, Marie. He actually loves you, I could tell by the look on his face. I can also sense that you do, too."

"W-Well, I care f-for him, but...I don't know if I'd go that far..." Marie blushed.

"You can't ignore fate or true love, Marie. He loves you, you love him, right?" Jill questioned.

Marie blushed, "Well, yeah, but..."

Jimmy interrupted, "Then what are ya waiting for?! Go to him!"

Marie ran to the castle and into Xavier's study.

"Oh, hello, Marie. Can I help you with anything?" He asked with a smile.

Marie responded, "I, um...actually had something to say to you."

Xavier looked at her, "What is it?"

"I...I..." Marie gulped, then sighed with confidence, "I love you."

Xavier's smile turned into a surprised expression, "Y-You what?"

"I love you, and...I'm sorry I was a bit rude to you all those years." Marie repeated.

"I love you, too." Xavier said.

Marie blushed, "R-Really?"

Xavier replied, "Yes, in fact, Marie...will you marry me?"

Marie gasped, "Yes!" She leaped up and hugged him, and then blushed with a cough, "I-I mean, yes, I will marry you."

Xavier chuckled and then said, "Great! I'll let everypony know, we'll have a royal wedding." He kissed his fiancee on the lips, and then walked out of the office, blushing and then went off to tell everypony the good news.

Marie blushed and then gasped, "What was I thinking?! Marrying him means I'll be queen...I can't handle that kind of responsibility...and I don't even think I'm fit to be a queen. A lot of ponies in the village don't like me anyways..." Marie had thoughts run through her head about the wedding, and how it would be for them afterwards.

Xavier interrupted her thoughts, "I delivered invitations to everypony in Meldania, and the staff are all excited to prepare for it!" He noticed Marie looked upset, trying to force a smile. "Hey, if you don't want to marry me still, I understand, I don't want you to think I'm forcing you to..."

Marie stopped him, "Oh, no, it's not that...I-I'm fine..."

"You don't seem okay, what's bothering you?" Xavier asked.

Marie sighed, "Well...if I'm to marry you, I'll be queen, and...I don't know if I'm ready for such a huge step forward. Many ponies in the village probably won't want me as a queen..."

Xavier chuckled, then smiled, "I'm sure you'll make a great queen, Marie. My father told me, well, before he disappeared, that being a king isn't an easy task, either. When you become queen, I'll be a king. That's a challenge we can both overcome together. I'm sure everything will be fine, and I won't let anypony harm you, whether they like you or not as their queen."

Marie smiled, "Then the wedding is still on." After around three months of preparing and getting ready for the big day, Xavier and Marie were both nervous. At the moment, Marie was in her dressing room, being helped put into her dress, and Xavier was waiting at the alter.

"Ugh! This tux is squeezing me, and I swear this tie is trying to kill me!" Xavier complained.

Marie had walked out onto the isle way, and everypony glanced over at her, and admired the outfit. Even Xavier was entranced by her beauty. She had a white dress on with short sleeves, a medium-length train, a vial with daisies on it, and she had Jimmy and Jill hold up her train so she could walk without tripping. Once she got up to the alter, they both looked into each other's eyes.

The stallion marrying them both spoke, "Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage bond of Prince Xavier and Marie. Marie, do you take Prince Xavier to be your lawfully wedded-husband, with whom you will care for, respect, and love until death do you part?"

"I do." Marie blushed slightly.

"And do you, Prince Xavier, take Marie to be your lawfully wedded-wife, with whom you will care for, respect, and love until death do you both part?" He continued.

Xavier smiled, "I do."

The stallion concluded, "May we have the rings?" The stallion levitated the rings to the bride and groom. Xavier added the ring onto her necklace as a charm and symbol. Marie put Xavier's ring on his horn. "I now pronounce you mare and colt, you may now kiss the bride." Xavier kissed Marie on the lips, and the ponies in the crowd cheered. Afterwards, they went to the garden for the reception. Everypony was having fun and dancing, even the new royal couple.

Xavier grinned, "I'm glad that we're finally together."

"So am I...I just wish I hadn't been so rude to you all those years." Marie frowned.

"The past is in the past now, and the future is bright. We just have to learn to let things go." Xavier said, trying to comfort her.

Marie chuckled, "I guess you're right."

They both got into the carriage, and Marie threw her bouquet, the bridesmaids fought over it. After they arrived back at the castle, they both got into bed and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

I hope you all loved this story! I had a lot of fun writing it, lol. I honestly just thought up all this in my head a few days ago, and wrote it. XD
If you guys really did enjoy it, and I get 10 likes, I'll certainly make a sequel! :twilightsmile:
('Cause, why keep writing something no pony wants to see? Lol.)

Comments ( 6 )

I think is a cute story, it seems to me like a fairy tale or something like that.
I liked it.

>> Joalri

Thanks so much! :pinkiesmile:

Alright! Thanks for the 10 likes, everypony! I'll begin a sequel A.S.A.P! :raritystarry:

I am sorry. I hate to give negative reviews, but they say criticism helps one to improve.

Your story, while it has potential, was very sloppy. You lack a lot of necessary descriptions, which caused a lot of confusion in the beginning when it came to identifying characters.

A lot of your chapters have different sections merged together. You need to have something like the Line Break button on the editing system to help separate the various scenes.

I've also have other questions. Why didn't Marie make any escape attempts? Certainly due to her stay, she would have found a secret passage or two out of the castle. How did Xavier come across Marie? You made it sound like he had poisoned April just so he could marry Marie. And why did April die so quickly? It would take days, maybe weeks before an illness could become fatal. And if this is set in medieval Equestria, why are there tuxedos? Men wore regal robes during that time and during the wedding, Xavier should have been wearing a royal outfit and not a monkey suit.

I am sorry, but your story doesn't appeal to me.

5748510
...Haters gonna hate, that's all I've gotta say. I'm only 13, what'd you expect from me?

5786120 I'm not a hater. I'm just picky. And I was also helping you with my criticisms.

Login or register to comment