• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 427 Views, 10 Comments

Marie's Story - Musical Note



An earth-pony named Marie lives in a cottage inside of The EverFree Forest with no pony, but her mother. One day, when her mother falls ill, her life goes down hill really quickly.

  • ...
3
 10
 427

Rising Trouble

Marie helped the stallion up, and exclaimed, "I am so, so sorry! Are you alright?"

The stallion replied, "I'm fine, thanks, and no, no, I wasn't looking where I was going. My apologizes, miss..."

"Oh, uh, Marie, my name is Marie." She responded.

"Nice to meet you, Marie, I'm David." He answered.

Marie remarked, "Nice to meet you, too."

"So, what is your occupation?" David asked.

"Oh, I'm a maid at the castle." Marie replied.

David grinned, "Quite an honor serving the royal family if you ask me. Well, the prince at least. What happened to his parents...such a shame."

Marie questioned, "What happened to them?"

"Oh, I'm not entirely too sure, but from what I've heard, they were kidnapped by a witch and never seen again." David answered. The town clock rung, and he exclaimed, "I'm so sorry, but I must be off. I'm meant to be at a friend's birthday party."

Marie said, "Alright, see you later."

"Good day." David replied as he walked away.

Jill smiled, "I saw that look, Marie!"

Marie blushed, "What are you talking about?"

"Like you don't know!" Jimmy started cracking up.

"For real guys, what are you..." Marie was cut off by Jill.

Jill interrupted, "You like David!"

Marie looked in surprise at her bird friends, "W-What?! No, no, no! I...I don't!"

"Denying!" Jimmy laughed.

"Okay, okay! I like him...a little, but don't tell anypony...well, you can't...oh for crying out loud, you're birds that only I can understand." Marie said. Ponies walking by looked at her like she was insane talking to animals. "Hehehe...hi..." Marie said awkwardly.

"Maybe he'll ask you to the dance?" Jill remarked.

"Pfft, don't count on it. Look at me, it's a miracle I can go out in public looking like this. I'm a mess." Marie replied.

Jimmy responded, "Look, Marie, if there's anything I've learned about dating, and also from my sister's disturbing looks..."

"Hey!" Jill blurted out.

"Shut up. Anyways, if there's anything I've learned from all that, it doesn't matter how you look on the outside, it's what's on the inside that matters." Jimmy finished.

Marie muttered sarcastically, "That explains why every stallion in Meldania is all over me..."

Jill smiled, "Don't worry, you'll find that special somepony some day. It just may take a while...a way to put it, maybe you have to shift through some sand before you find a treasure."

"Okay, I'm done with this pep-talk, let's go and find that dress." Marie stated. They found a store in the village, and luckily, Marie had the right amount of bits for it. It was a crystal-blue dress with a white sash around the waist and it came with a white head-band to match. She also bought some shoes that were white with it.

"You're going to look so pretty in that, Marie!" Jill complimented.

Marie replied, "Thanks, Jill. Okay, let's get back to the palace, I'm supposed to be serving 'his majesty' lunch." They began walking back, and the birds followed behind Marie once more. They ran into Xavier on the way to her room.

"What do you want?" Marie asked.

Xavier replied, "Would you take it easy? If you're still upset about the proposal thing, that was nearly ten years ago." He added on silently, "Even though I still love you..."

Marie remarked, "What was that?"

"Nothing." Xavier recovered.

Marie responded, "Yeah, well, I've gotta get to my room to put this bag away. Then I have to finish planning your party, so leave me alone."

Xavier rolled his eyes, "Ugh...why do you have to be so strict? Fine, Ms. Bossy, go. I want that gala to be perfect and no less."

"Yes, your Royal Antagonist." Marie replied as she walked away.

Xavier huffed, then walked off in the opposite direction. "I hate him so much..." Marie said.

"We all do, Marie...we all do." Jimmy responded.

Marie hung up her dress in her closet. "Alright, time to finish up party-planning!" She said. Marie trotted off into the room where the Summer Gala was being held, and finished up the details. "Perfect!" Marie said.

"Wow, great job on the decorations, Marie!" Xavier remarked.

Marie gasped and jumped out of her skin, startled, "You've got to stop sneaking up on ponies like that!" She exclaimed. "Why are you here, anyways? I thought princes had other things to do asides from nag their servants." She added.

Xavier replied, "Cool it, I'm here because I wanted to know if you'd be my date to the dance."

Marie looked coldly at him, "I'm not interested."

"Fine, I'll give you time to think on it." Xavier walked away once more.

"Well, now that all my chores are done, and I have nothing to do, I may as well go and take a walk." Marie said.

Jimmy asked, "Want us to come along?"

Marie responded, "Nah, I think I'll go it alone this time."

"Alrighty then." Jill said.

The blue birds flew off, and Marie headed back down to walk around the village. She saw David coming, and tried to act natural, but tripped over a rock and landed in front of him.

David asked, "Marie? Are you alright?"

Marie blushed, "I...um, yeah, I'm fine."

"What brings you into town?" David questioned.

"Oh, just, erm...getting some fresh air." Marie replied.

David looked at her necklace, "That's a very beautiful necklace, what store did you purchase it from?"

"Hmm? Oh, my necklace...I didn't buy it at a store, my grandpa made it for my mother a long time ago. It...it was the last gift she gave to me." Marie responded.

"Oh, well, I came to ask you if you'd go to the gala with me tomorrow night." David said, changing the topic.

Marie blushed and her eyes grew wide, "R-Really? You want to go to the Summer Gala with me t-tomorrow?!"

David chuckled, "I believe that's what I just asked."

"Y-Yes, I'll go with you." Marie blushed, trying to play it cool.

"Great, I'll meet you there. For now, I must get back to work, though. If you need me, I'll be at the library, as I am a librarian." David finished.

Marie replied, "Alright, see you tomorrow!" After he walked away, she started getting really excited, and then she ran back to her room in the castle very happily.

Jill chuckled, "Well, somepony's a happy camper."

"David asked me to the gala!" Marie blurted out.

Xavier had been listening by her door at the time, and his heart broke. He walked away quietly, so she wouldn't hear him.

Jimmy smiled, "Congratulations!"

"Thanks! Oh...I'm just so excited!" Marie answered. The sun started to set and Marie yawned, "It's been a great day, but I think it's time to get to bed." Marie said.

"I agree, 'night guys." Jimmy said, flying away with Jill into a bird-house Marie made for them.

"Goodnight." Marie replied, blowing out the candle by her bed, and then went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Again, I think this is coming together pretty good! Oh, and if you haven't noticed all ready, yes, I am a cliff-hanger writer, lol. I make you wait in suspense!!!
( DUN, DUN, DUN!!!! :derpyderp2: )