• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 427 Views, 10 Comments

Marie's Story - Musical Note



An earth-pony named Marie lives in a cottage inside of The EverFree Forest with no pony, but her mother. One day, when her mother falls ill, her life goes down hill really quickly.

  • ...
3
 10
 427

The Summer Gala

Marie woke up the next morning, very excited for the big dance that night.

"Oh, I can't wait for tonight! My first real dance! I still can't believe David asked me to go with him!" Marie exclaimed.

Jill said, "I'm so happy for you, darling! I hope you have a fun time tonight. Oh, I believe I heard Xavier say you had to double your chores...meaning, do them all twice rather than once."

Marie panicked, "Dang it! That hardly leaves me any time to get ready! Maybe if I work through breakfast and lunch, I can still have some time to put on my dress."

Jimmy replied, "Going almost a whole day without eating anything? You're torturing yourself, I can't wait to eat some of that cake you are baking! Mmm!"

"Jim, you and I both know that it's for the banquet table. No pecking at the food, guys, I'm sorry. I'll be sure to sneak you out something in the garden later, though." Marie responded.

"Thanks, Marie!" Jimmy said happily.

Marie smiled, "Anything for my friends! I just hope I can get my chores done...horse apples! I should get a start on them! See ya later!" She ran off and did her chores, then lunch time rolled around. Her stomach growled.

Xavier happened to be walking by while she was mopping the floor, and said, "Hello, Marie. Sounds like you're hungry. Want anything to eat?"

As much as she wanted to eat something, she replied, "No, I need to get to the gala tonight. I'm going with David, and thanks to you piling up my chores, I hardly have any time to get ready!"

"David? David?!" He started laughing a little bit, "T-The librarian, smart-nerdy guy?!"

Marie looked annoyed, "Yes, David the Librarian, does that answer your question?"

Xavier responded, "Yes, yes it does. It's too bad you're going with David, though, 'cause I was available and you missed out."

"Oh, ha, ha...ha! You're a prince, I'm sure some kind of mare will go out with a pig like you." Marie answered.

Xavier rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well, just know, you going to the dance with David..." Marie looked at him coldly, then Xavier continued, "Just watch your back..." He walked off to sit on his throne.

"If that imbecile thinks he is going to ruin my first dance, he's got another thing coming!" Marie growled. She did finish her chores, and then got dressed immediately. Marie also put her mane up in a bun, and made sure her necklace was on tight. "I miss you mom...but I hope I'll make you proud one day." Marie sighed.

She made her way down to the room where the dance was being held. Jill and Jimmy were flying from behind her head. "Try not to get into too much trouble while I'm with David, alright?" Marie smiled and whispered.

Jimmy replied, "Will do captain, have fun!" They flew off and did their own thing.

Marie began wondering around, trying to spot David out of the ponies in the crowd. "Where is he? He did say he'd meet me here...right?" She muttered.

"There you are! So nice to see you again, Marie! You also look very beautiful in that gown." David sounded from behind her.

She turned around and smiled, "You too, and thanks! So...what do you wanna do first?"

David looked at her necklace curiously, "Was your grandfather perhaps a unicorn?"

"What?" Marie asked.

David explained, "Your grandfather made that necklace you're wearing, yes?"

"Well, yeah, but...didn't you just hear what I said?" Marie questioned.

"Oh, yes, yes, but your grandfather?" David repeated again.

Marie rolled her eyes, "Yes, my grandpa was a very advanced-level unicorn."

David grinned menacingly, "Interesting..."

Marie interrupted his thoughts, "Again, what would you like to do?"

"How about we go and get some punch?" David suggested.

"Alright." Marie replied, and then they both went over to the punch bowl. He poured punch for each of them, and then they had a conversation as they drank it.

Marie asked, "Want to dance?"

"Sounds lovely." David responded, taking her to dance. After about three dances, they took a break and went out to the royal garden to rest their hooves. Luckily, there was a bench near by.

Marie smiled, "I've had a great time tonight."

David replied, "So have I, and I think I know what may make it even more great."

"Hmm?" Marie questioned.

David kissed her on the lips, and she blushed. David then snatched her necklace in the middle of the kiss, and Marie was stunned for a moment, then realized her necklace was in his grasp.

"Hey, give me that back!" Marie demanded.

David answered, "I know that this necklace allows you the ability to speak to animals, and I can sell it for a fortune!"

Marie asked, "How did you know that it let me talk to animals?"

"Because I knew your grandfather long ago. We were both colts, even though he was a bit older than me. I was always jealous of his inventions, and some how, he discovered how to make jewelry have powers. The first one he made was a bracelet that would let anypony have the power of fire. The second, a tiara that would allow a pony to fly without wings, and the third one...this necklace." David told her.

Marie growled, "So you never liked me? You were only after my necklace?!"

David laughed, "You don't know how dumb you look just now figuring all of this out! Of course I never loved you! You're just a...!"

Xavier stepped in, "She's just a what, David?"

"Ah, Prince Xavier, so nice to see you. Lovely...weather we've been having, huh? Hehehe..." David chuckled nervously.

Xavier stared at him with deep anger, "How stupid do you think I am? I just saw you steal her necklace and heard everything about the inventions. Guards!"

David moved his mane to reveal his horn, and levitated the necklace, concentrating and transforming it into a weapon. It was much like the alicorn-amulet, only more powerful and more dangerous. By time the guards arrived, they were horrified by the power he had. David blasted them out of the way with just a zap of his magic.

"Your guards are down, Xavier, what are you going to do now? Hide in your closet like the scared, little foal you are?!" David laughed.

Xavier glanced over at Marie, and saw how terrified she looked, "No...because this time, I have a reason to fight!"

David laughed hysterically, "For THIS mare?! She's merely nothing more than a house-maid!" He levitated Marie with his magic.

"Put...her...down!" Xavier fired a beam of magic at David, but he blocked it, and the beam hit Xavier instead. "Ahhh!" He cried out, hitting a tree in the garden. Ponies at the gala noticed, and began running away screaming.

Marie growled, "Lemme out of here! What did I ever even see in you?!"

David chuckled, "Looks can be deceiving, but if you're still interested in me, I'd love to have you as my queen."

Xavier got up, limping over, then screamed "You're...not going... to touch her! RELEASE HER RIGHT NOW, DAVID!"

"Never! She is mine now, and she will remain mine forever. Now get lost!" David slammed Xavier into a wall and then teleported away with Marie.

Xavier began to tear up, "M-Marie...no..."

Jill saw Xavier crying, and then looked at Jimmy and spoke, "He still loves her, even after rejecting his engagement long ago, and talking to him rudely? I need to tell Marie! W-Where is she, though?"

"David isn't going to get away with this...don't worry, Marie...I'll get you back...some how." Xavier got up weakly and went to the royal library to find a spell that would heal him.

Author's Note:

Are you shocked?! :pinkiegasp:
Lol, you don't have to be, but I think this is like, the plot-twist of my story. XD