• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,386 Views, 20 Comments

The Ending Life of Spike: Book 4 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike and his friends on his last treasured moments as we look back to the past. He is now Sophomore boy who has one last year with Twilight and her friends. He has to make this year count in order to have the best life he can ever ask for.

  • ...
4
 20
 2,386

Ch 9: The Final Chapter

Chapter 9
The Final Chapter

The school was peaceful outside. The birds were chirping, the school was quiet. But inside the school was echoes of yelling and screaming coming behind the gym doors. A guard came busting out with brushes on him. Mr. Dash drags him back inside with others fighting. The students and adults versus Sombra and his minions. It was complete chaos. Everyone running around beating each other up for the school.

Sweetie Belle and Pipsqueak back against each other seeing the guards after them. They look at each other and quickly went opposite directions. The guards ram into each other fainted. The two friends high fived for success.

"Dad! Dad! Over here!" Rainbow Dash shouted. Mr. Dash has a guard on a headlock. He drags him over to her making her move. She punch the lights out of him.

"That's my girl!" Mr. Dash said messing with her hair.

Granny Smith was surrounded by four guards. She squints focusing her next move. One guard ran towards her, but she dodges grabbing his arm flipping him. The next tackled. She blocks his punch and rapidly punches his stomach. Two guards came up to her from both sides. She jumps midair kicking them with one blow. She landed brushing the dirt off of her.

Garble was on the floor with two guards. He had them on headlocks with his legs and arms. A couple of guards chased after students. Shining Armor, Flash, and Thunderlane came out of the locker room wearing their football uniform. They charged after them now chasing them around.

College students was shooting their paintball guns at them with no mercy. On the head, stomach, legs, arms, even their crotch. The students pops out behind machines shooting the Tasers at the ninjas shocking them. A scientists was about to pull the lever when Rarity and Pinkie jumps in front of him spraying him with pepper spray. He yells in pain dropping to the floor. He squirms in circles as he continued to yell.

Applebloom and other middle schools was cranking a miniature catapult filled with apples. She gave a thumbs up to her sister Applejack.

"FIRE!" she shouted.

Applebloom pulls the lever flinging the apples at the guards. The apples struck them. Some exploded, some hit them. Applejack and Applebloom cheered hollering. Fluttershy was being chased by ninjas. She stops seeing she was trap in a corner. She turn to see the ninjas walking up to her. She took out two paintball pistols behind her back and shoots at them.

"Eat paint, ninjas!" she shouted. She ran out of paintballs. The ninjas was covered with paint and was ticked off about it. "Wait!"

She stops them from coming closer. She points up for them to see Comet on the bleachers.

"BODY SLAAAAM!" he cried out as he jumped on top of them. He put all his weight on them and lay down on top.

"Nice body slam, Comet," Fluttershy said to him.

"Thanks. Wrestling is in my blood," Comet said showing off.

Everyone continued to fight. Tirek kicks the doors off its hinges. His whole skin was covered with red and his eyes was bloodshot from the paint. He saw everyone fighting and spotted Spike shooting paintballs at the guards.

"YOU!" he point at Spike shouting.

Spike looks over to see Tirek and dropped his jaw and paintball gun. Tirek walks over to him seeing Spike back up scared. He grabs his collar jacket and lifts him up ready to beat him.

""Hey! Asshole!" they both turn their heads seeing Celestia in her fighting stance. "Put my student down."

Tirek smiled and drops Spike to the ground. He walks over to her raising his fists up at her. The two grins ready to fight. Tirek makes his first swing. Celestia dodges and punches him repeatedly on the stomach. He grunts taking the punches but she kept on going. He couldn't take it anymore and slid back from her punches. Celestia stops and uppercuts his chin sending him flying back.

"Where did you learn to do that, Principal Celestia?" Spike asked.

"I was a boxer back in my 80's, Spike," she answered winking at him.

Sombra rushes to a scientists and drags him to the lever. He shoves him to it forcing him to continue with his mission.

"There's still time! Do it!" Sombra demanded.

The scientist pulls the lever down to medium. The laser beam lights up slowly, but Sombra couldn't wait any much longer.

"Faster you idiot! FASTER!" he pushes him down grabbing the lever.

"Hold it, Sombra!" Discord cried out behind him. "The semester is over for you!"

"Back off, Discord!" Sombra took out his loaded pistol pointing at him. "One more step and you're dead."

He slowly pulls the lever down. Discord has to think of something and fast.

"Sombra… there's a speck on your suit," he said.

"Where?" Sombra asked looking down at his suit and got punched in the face.

He flew back against the machine and slid down. His arm was caught on the lever pulling it down and breaks it. A warning sign sounded the alarms. The laser beam glowed brightly looking like it was ready to burst. Steams was coming out of the generator and everything started to float in midair. Everyone stops fighting seeing the computers, machines, and objects flying in the air. The bleachers made an aching sound. It tore off the wall and flew up to the ceiling. The crystal was shining madly and spins out of control. Discord rushed over to the machine flying an inch off the ground. He looks at the screen on it saying it was overloaded.

MEMORY WIPER LOCATION: THE WORLD

Discord gasps and saw the lever was broken off. He grabs Sombra and thrust his face against the screen cracking it.

"You see what you did!" Discord shouted at him. "You create chaos to the whole world!"

Sombra just laughed. He laugh and laugh and laugh crazy.

"So what!" he shouted smiling. "It's better this way. It's for the best if the world will forgets Equestria High. And its friendship!"

Spike saw Discord and Sombra hearing the whole thing. He looks at the laser about to shoot out its beam. He quickly thought of a way to stop it and notice the crystal heart. He grabs the autograph baseball out of his jacket and looks around for someone who has a good arm. He hopes to find Rainbow Dash. Instead he spotted Pipsqueak.

"Pipsqueak!" he hollers at him getting his attention. He threw the baseball to him and caught it. "The crystal! Aim for the crystal! It'll stop the laser beam from shooting!"

Pipsqueak looks at the crystal spinning out of control cracking. He gulps and remember his steps from Sports Camp.

"Okay, Pipsqueak. Your time to shine," Pipsqueak grips the ball in his hand. "Deep breathes. Now relax. Now aim at the target, aiming is key."

Pipsqueak to a couple of steps back repeating the steps over and over again. Spike can hear the machine roaring. It aches of power. It lowered down aiming at the ground. The laser beam shoot at full power tearing the ground apart.

"PIPSQUEAK!" Spike cried out.

Pipsqueak took a deep breath and threw the baseball. It flew towards the crystal hitting it. Shattering into little bits of pieces. Spike jump for joy till it went away. He saw the laser beam had stop working and was out of control. Sparks flew out the machines. The rings around the needle busted.

"Look out! She's gonna blow!" Dash shouted.

Everyone scattered exiting the building. Discord threw Sombra to the ground leaving him behind. As they exit the building, the laser beam fell apart and exploded. The windows shattered outside bursting flames and smoke. Everything went quiet now. They all went back inside wiping the smoke out the gym. The smoke cleared and every object was still floating. Soon they all fell back to the ground. Counting the bleachers wrecking into pieces after hitting the floor. The gym was a wreck. Sombra climbs over the busted machines getting up. He limps his way to the middle of the gym. He fell to his knees in front of the shattered crystal. He hand fully pick the pieces up and tremble.

"All my hard work. My dream… ruin…" he said dropping the pieces. He then yell to the sky out loud. "RRUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN!"

The room stood quiet. The students cheered breaking the silent and celebrated for saving their school. Police cop cars suddenly came by after hearing a mighty roar like sound. They saw students rushing outside dancing and laughing and cheering. Cops rushed in to see what was happening inside. For a while, the area was secured. The school was a wreck, but can still be rebuild. Snips and Snails came out with Sombra and Scott handcuffed.

"Get your hands off of me and the suit! YOU HEAR!" Sombra shouted. "I'm the richest man on earth! You can't so this to me!"

"Shut up and get in the car," Snips pushed him into the cop car.

"Come on, I just got out of prison!" Scott said. "My friends will be there and beat me up for leaving them. My dad forced me to come, I tried my best to stay put in jail!"

Snails pushed him in with his dad and locked them up. Snips and Snails stood next to each other and sighs.

"We didn't knew about this, did we, Snips?" Snails asked.

"Of course not, I mean, we're not bad people," Snips patted his shoulder. "You just need to listen more towards the citizens."

Celestia and Chrysalis sat on the bench together talking.

"So when you saw Spike in danger, what was the first thing that came into your head?" Chrysalis asked.

"Not this again," Celestia moaned. "I told you, I protect my students from any harm."

"Okay fine, how about we fight each other then. If I win, I want the truth."

"Something tells me I'll be losing after what I did back there," Celestia plot her head down sighing.

As for everyone else, family and friends was back together again. Pipsqueak and Sweetie Belle hug each other. The Apple Family ate apples together. Fluttershy was treating Garble's wounds – kindly this time. Mr. Cake found his wife and kids telling them what happened. Rainbow Dash hugs her dad from behind as Mr. Dash hugs her back. And as for Spike, he me his family along with Twilight and Shining Armor.

"Oh my three children saved the world!" Velvet hugs them. "I am so proud of the three of you."

"Come on, honey!" Night Light rushed over grabbing his wife. "The reporters wants to know how we raised our heroes!"

The two ran across the field leaving the kids behind. Spike took out his phone deleting the videos he took from Shining Armor.

"What are you doing?" Shining asked.

"Well, I never thought you came for me and everyone else," Spike said. "So I figured that since you did, there's no reasons to keep these videos to torture you."

"You know what," Shining puts his hand on his shoulder. "You are an okay little brother."

He walks off to see his friends.

"I thought you have copies on your computer, Spike," Twilight whispered.

"Oh, that? I was just bluffing," Spike said.

"WHOO-WEE! Am I tired," Applejack cried out. Her and her friends came up to them. "Let's say we head on over to Sugarcube Corner?"

"Don't you guys have to be at camp and have a future?" Spike asked.

"We've been thinking," Dash said.

"There's always time to prepare our future," Rarity spoke.

"But we can still be friends and have fun no matter what," Fluttershy said.

"So stop asking and let's celebrate!" Pinkie yells.

They all walk down the streets when Spike stops and turns to face the school.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up later," Spike said to them and walks into the school.

He enters seeing the hallways empty and a mess. Inside the school was also Discord cleaning the Principal's Office. He pick up papers and search the drawers that doesn't belong in school. He opens one drawer and notice his old glasses back in his 70's. He picks it up and examines it smiling, remembering the good old days.

"Mr. Discord?" Spike disturbs him.

Discord drops the papers and hid the glasses from Spike.

"Huh? What? Oh, Spike," Discord said nervously. "I was just… cleaning this room up for next year Sombra left. Always a mess-aholic. Leaving food, work, papers…"

"Mr. Discord," Spike interrupted again walking into the room. "I know you hate me and all and I hate you, but I never got a chance to thank you."

"Actually, I should be thanking you."

"Huh?" Spike tilts his head confused.

"You did me a favor dragging me into this school again," Discord went on. "I didn't took this job for money or humiliate you and the kids. Hell, I didn't took it because it was the only one available. I did it because…" he looks back at his glasses and back to Spike. "…I did it because I forgotten what true friendship was all about."

The window taps behind them. Comet and Pipsqueak was there getting their attention.

"Hey, Spike! Come on, man!" Comet said.

"Yeah, there are girls waiting for me and you at Sugarcube Corner," Pipsqueak said bouncing his eyebrows. "They want to meet the heroes."

"I'll be there in just a minute," Spike said to them.

"It's summer vacation and your friends are waiting for you," Discord said. "Go out there and have fun while you can… Spike."

"Sure thing… Dis," Spike walks out of the office and exits the building.

Discord took his glasses off and put on his old ones. The vision was still clear. As Spike exits meeting his friends, Discord ran out crying out his name.

"Hey, Spike!" Discord hollers at him. "Since your friends are going to be gone next year, how will you manage without them? You'll be finally get into trouble I was always looking for!"

"I'll think of something to get out of messes!" Spike hollers back. "Because I have friends who'll never give up on me and others."

Spike and the two boys ran down the streets. Discord smiled as he leans against the doors. He looks up seeing the clouds and sun. He could never be any happier.

Seventeen Years Later

A grown man was walking across a field of grass piled with brown and orange leave. He wore a black suit with a coat over it and gloves. The weather was cold and windy. He past tombstones as he walks by, rows of tombstone. He finally stops in front of one and kneels down placing a photo of him, his friends, and the girls. The sad look on his face as he stares at it. The photo was taking at Equestrian High during the school years.

"Hey… I wanted to see you again…" Spike said smiling, talking to the tombstone. "We were all shocked what we heard the other day about you dead and all. Except Rainbow Dash. It isn't easy seeing you like this you know, in the ground with your name carved on a tombstone. Anyway, I just came to say hi… and goodbye. Thanks for being with us… and thanks for being our friend."

"Daddy!" Spike heard a little girl calling his name.

A young girl in a purple dress ran up to him and hugs him. She notice the gravestone curious.

"Who's that, Dad?" she asked.

"An old friend of mine," Spike said getting up. He picks his daughter up and walks over to his wife, Starless.

The tombstone he visited was a really good friend of his.

In Loving Memories
Discord

1957-2015

At Spike's home, he was getting packed up to move into his new home. He carries boxes along with his older brother Shining Armor. They were both wearing suits for an occasion. After they were done loading his things in the car. He said goodbye to his parents and drove off. He went to Equestria High to see his daughter. He waves goodbye to her seeing her entering the school. He walks over to a bench and sat down. He sighs as he waited. Moments later, a car pulled up. It was his friends all grown up.

Twilight and her friends came out wearing dresses. Comet and Pipsqueak with his wife Sweetie Belle and her friends. He smiled greeting them.

"So, this is it?" Comet spoke. "Once we take our photo, we're on our own."

"Don't say that," Rarity said. "We'll always be together."

"So let's hurry up and take it," Twilight said.

Pinkie got the camera out and the stand out of the car. She set it up and told everyone to get into position. As she did, Spike and Twilight were talking.

"So, how's Starless and you daughter?" she asked.

"Good, just good," Spike answered. "I have a family of my own. I guess that makes me a family man, huh?"

"I'm just glad you have a family, Spike," Twilight hugs him. "A real life family."

"Okay! Everyone get ready!" Pinkie set the timer and rushed over to the group.

They were standing in front of the school taking their picture. As it took, the picture was similar from the one Spike left on Discord's grave. This story may cut out short, but that's life, right? So in the end for all our story…

THE

"NO! I refuse to end the story here!" Pinkie cried out holding the END sign in her arms. "I mean, come on! You're really going to end it like that?"

"Pinkie, for thousandth time, I'm not gonna end it there," I came in shaking my head. "I just need to refresh my ideas, so I have to end the series here."

"But I want to tease Spike some more and love him and cuddle him, which I am very disappointed that there wasn't enough of that," Pinkie went on.

"Which is why I want to take a break from the same story and work on a new one," I continued. "And this may be the end of the series, but I'm thinking of making a single book of The Life of Spike."

"Really?" Pinkie wraps her arms around the END sign.

"Yes. I was thinking that I could make Spike relive his life and make him an orphan again," I explained. "A longer book. With more chapters and characters. But it will take time for me to think it through. I just need to take a break and work on my other stories."

"I guess," Pinkie shrugs. "Sorry I snapped on you like that."

"That's okay," I patted her back. "Now look at the readers and say 'Goodbye' to them."

"…Goodbye!" Pinkie waves the END sign to you happily.

"Thank you for reading this series. Hope you enjoyed it and next time I'll come back with other stories I'll be working on. And one more thing. Have a wonderful life out there."

Comments ( 5 )

Great Series it was one of the best ones I've ever read

You did an awesome job. I commend you on a successful series. :moustache:

Loved it, just loved it. Keep doing stuff like this 'cause this is a great storym.memegen.com/0t2hd8.jpg

Thanks for being awesome. You are a great author, and i hope to see more of your works out there.

For the awesome series, have not 1, but 15 moustaches:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Login or register to comment