• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,385 Views, 20 Comments

The Ending Life of Spike: Book 4 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike and his friends on his last treasured moments as we look back to the past. He is now Sophomore boy who has one last year with Twilight and her friends. He has to make this year count in order to have the best life he can ever ask for.

  • ...
4
 20
 2,385

Ch 5: One Last Goodbye

Chapter 5
One Last Goodbye

"Hello readers out there. I am the author of The Life of Spike, Dark Matter 101. Now before we get started on the chapter can I first say to you guys; thank you for the favorites, the reviews, and showing everyone these Series. The first book I updated was already over 10,000 viewers. Wow! Thank you. Without you guys I wouldn't make this final book. And it hurts to me to say this, but I think I'm gonna cut this book short."

"WHAT!" the whole MLP gang burst in the room. I jumped in fright falling to the floor. Pinkie jumped on me shaking me intensely.

"What do you mean 'Cutting the book short'?" she asked.

"I'll explain once you get off of me!" I yelled furiously at her. She got off helping me up back on my feet.

"I don't get it, Dark Matter," Spike spoke to him. "Why do you want to end the story that quick?"

"I'm not going to end the chapter here, if that's what you're thinking," I answered him in briefly as I can. "I'll make five or six more chapters and then I'll go on with my other stories."

"What other stories?" Twilight asked.

"The stories I want to write on other websites, my goal is that I want to become a write, and if I want that to happen I have to show the world my great imagination. And I want to regain my focus on other MLP stories to make them more interesting."

"Oh, that's right, you have more stories besides ours," Applejack said.

"I just hope you and the readers understand," I continued. "But enough about that, let's head on with the story. I notice the other two books I made was not enough oomph to it like the first book. So I'll try my best to make this special ending better and more words to it if I can. Till then-"

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Pinkie shouted pushing me aside with papers in hand. "So these are the ideas your thinking? The Fantasy Life of Spike. The Power Girls: A New Hero. Pinkie and Spike's Weirdest Mysterious. Ooo! I think you should start with-"

"Thank you, Pinkie, for sharing the ideas that WASN'T supposed to happen!" I covered her blabbering mouth. "And now enjoy the last series, please a comment, and hope you like it.


Somewhere in the middle of a dessert was a company surrounded by barbwire fences. It was nighttime. The crickets chirped. A scientist wearing a lab coat and an officer was in a room with control panels. The officer was watching the video cameras while the scientist was working on an important project. Sitting in front of them was a circular crystal heart in a glass case behind a bullet proof glass window. It glowed brightly in the room removing the darkness around the room.

"So tell me again what that thing do exactly?" the officer asked.

"The crystal contains a lot of energy," the scientist explained. "So much that we can use it as a backup generator in New York."

"You're kidding? And why is it shape like a heart?"

"We cared the crystal so we can examine it, but we didn't want to take too much so we have to figure out a shape for it."

They continued working. The officer watches the video outside. The video saw black vans running over fences. The officer leans forward seeing a group of men getting out of their vehicles and storming inside the building.

"What the-"

BOOM!

"What was that?" the scientist asked startled by the explosion.

The alarm was set off. Red lights was blinking on and off inside the room.

"It's a break in! Secure the crystal! Lock it down, now!" the officer commanded.

The scientist quickly tap the keyboard rapidly. He was close securing the room but the door behind them exploded. The door slid across to them catching on fire. Four men marched inside making a path for a big buff man with a nasty look. He wears a black suit with torn off sleeves revealing his muscular arms. His hair was white combed back and a goatee ponytail. The two stood up out of their chair slowly. Quickly the enemy took out a stun gun shooting both officer and scientist. They fainted to the floor knocked out.

Scott came in the room shutting off the alarm. He pushed in the code and all was silent. He wore a heavy brown coat and suit grey sweater underneath it.

"All clear," he said outside the room.

His father walks in with his cane. Slowly he approaches the two folks on the ground.

"Good work, Tirek," he said.

"Thank you, sir," he spoke back to him.

"Please, call me Sombra," he said to him.

Sombra walks over to the glass window looking at the crystal.

"What do we do now, Father?" Scott asked.

"Next we set up a base of our own, Scott," Sombra said taking a map out of his suit.

"And where will that be?"

"The one place they would never expect," Sombra points down on the map landing on a school shadow figure. "Equestria High."

In Equestria, streets were busy today. People were walking down the sidewalks and Sugarcube Corner was packed as well. Not only the town but also the school. It was the last day of school, the students were getting ready to get out of it just by the look of things. Inside the school, the students were running around the hallways getting thei4r lockers emptied.

"Alright, folks, gather around, last day at the gift shop," Bon Bon cried out in the gift shop.

"Get you last day of school pencil, T-shirts, and mugs," Lyra cried out.

"I like buy a T-shirt, please," Masquerade said to them.

On the football field, the team players were playing football for fun. Thunderlane and Caramel was on the bleachers talking about what they were going to do at college together.

"Man, can you believe time flies by that fast," Thunderlane said.

"What's your goal when we head on out?" Caramel asked.

"I was thinking maybe become a weatherman."

"That's great, I might go do rodeo or maybe become a singer," Caramel saw a look on Thunderlane's face.

"I would stick with rodeo, dude," Thunderlane spoke finally.

"Yeah, you're right," Caramel sadly said.

In the cafeteria, Blueblood was making an announcement in front of everyone.

"I, Blueblood, will be off to college to find a proper women," he said with pride. "I know that a few of you hated me for ditching you and cheating on you, but I swear on my life that I'll be a change man and find my true love and stick with her only till the day I die."

They clapped for him and cheered. It was shocking at first but they took his trust.

"I'm so happy for him," Daisy said.

"Even though he did cheated on us girls," Rose spoke.

"But it's so sweet that he'll be a change man one day," Lily said to her.

In the hallway, the three principals of Equestria High walked down the halls watching their students running around the place.

"Look at them, running around like animals," Chrysalis said watching them bumping into her.

"This is how they always act when the last day of school comes up," Celestia said to her.

"It gets annoying, but for a couple of years now you'll get used to it," Luna said.

"I'm just glad I get to spend summer vacation with one of my favorite students," Chrysalis said happily with a cat face look.

"It wouldn't be Spike, would it?" Luna guessed.

"I can't be the only one, can I? Come to think of it, I haven't seen him all day lately."

"I'm sure he's still in his classroom doing his last homework," Celestia said smiling. "Making straight A's, no tardiness, just like Twilight Sparkle. I'm glad Spike is happy again after the day he first came here."

"And how he changed over the year," Luna added.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean his personality did," Celestia said.

"Did you hear that Discord was keeping ice-cream to himself," Chrysalis changed the subject. "What is the deal with that?"

"He wanted to sell them to get money," Luna answered. "And he hid them pretty well."

"Aren't you going to do something about that?" Chrysalis asked Celestia.

"No, it's just how he was back in his day," Celestia answered.

Outside, Rainbow Dash had her hood on while carrying a white box. She sneaks around the back climbing on a ladder leading to the roof. On the roof was Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy with dozen of white boxes. Pinkie's cannon was placed with ice-cream stuffed inside.

"Here's the last box of ice-cream Discord hid from us," Dash said dropping the box. "Enough for the whole school to eat."

"Then Spike's plan is going to work out after all," Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash walked over to the edge of the front school. She cleared her throat and announced.

"Students of Equestrian High!" she shouted to them. All the students stops what they were doing seeing what was up. "I give you all ice-cream!"

"Pull!" Rarity yelled at Pinkie.

Pinkie pulls the string shooting the ice-cream out of her cannon. It was raining ice-cream around the front school. The students cheered catching the ice-cream bars, sandwiches, and what not. Different flavors they catch they would like. Fluttershy refilled the cannon repeatedly shooting ice-cream out. The Principals rushed out seeing what was going on. Their jaws dropped seeing Discord's ice-cream all over the school.

"The ice-cream!" Chrysalis shouted as she takes it away from the students. "Stop it! Stop it, you animals! Wait till Discord finds out about this!"

"Attention everyone! Mr. Discord speaking!" the speakers went off.

"Whoa, that was fast," Chrysalis said.

"As you all know there is ice-cream all over the front school and I will not stand for this behavior!"

The students all moaned knowing what was coming up.

"Now that's more like it," Chrysalis was relieved.

"This ice-cream should be eaten immediately."

"Wha-" Chrysalis jumped surprised.

The students shrugged as they continued cheering and eating.

"Also a reminder that whatever Principal Chrysalis says, ignore her no matter what she's says," he continued as the kids cheered.

"This cannot be happening to me," Chrysalis said shocked what she heard from Discord.

He continued talking about how he was cruel and mean and wanted to apologize for that. But inside the school in the Principal office, Twilight had a recording device connected to the microphone. A device she made to change anyone's voice. Spike was speaking into the microphone pretending to be Mr. Discord.

"Man, I feel ashamed throughout those years," Spike said into the microphone. "Giving innocent kids detention, putting middle schoolers in the corner, I just want to say that-"

"Ahem!" Spike stops seeing Discord in front of him crossing his arms at him.

"Mr. Discord, sir, weird meeting you here," Spike nervously laughed into the mic.

Applejack came from behind Discord.

"I tried to stop him," she spoke.

After a while now, Mr. Discord and Spike was in his room alone. He put ibuprofen in his drink. There was still silent, only the ticking of the clock was making small noises.

"Spike, I haven't done anything to you or your friends this year," Discord said to him. "Do you love humiliating me? Do you hate me?"

"Well you did tried to take down Fluttershy's animal shelter," Spike said.

"Don't bring that up, boy! You think you're so clever that you think you can get away with everything," Discord snapped at him.

"I don't know what you mean, Mr. Discord?" Spike was being honest with him.

"Ever since you first came here, you've been nothing but trouble," Discord continued. "Like getting rover in trouble running around butt naked in the hallway."

"To be fair, he started it," Spike said back to him.

"And the time when you got Garble and Blueblood humiliated in front of the students."

"They deserved it, Mr. Discord, bullying kids like that, you should've seen it."

"That does it, mister! This time you're really going to get it!" Discord yelled at him.

"Well, better make it fast, because you're almost out of time," Spike leans back against his chair.

"Come again?"

"It's the last day of school and you almost have a minute to punish me. Look," Spike points to the clock.

It was 2:49 pm. In Ms. Cheerilee was sobbing in class. The students was confused what was happening. Pinkie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash was in class with her.

"I'm just sad to see my seniors going off to college, a tragic day it is," she sobs on her desk. "But I'm glad that you'll be going off to follow your dreams and-"

"Ms. Cheerilee," Applejack interrupted. "I don't mean to cut off your speech and all, but…"

Ms. Cheerilee looks over to the clock seeing it was almost time to go.

"Oh, yes! Be my guest," she said happily.

The students got out of their desks counting down the clock.

"Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

RIIIIIIIING!

They all cheered throwing their papers in the air. Applejack and Rainbow Dash dances around together square dancing. Pinkie jumped on the desk shredding paper screaming her head off. But they weren't the only ones celebrating. In the middle school building, the kids danced around crazy. Comet and Pipsqueak were dancing together and The Cutie Mark Crusaders hive fived heading out the door along with the others. Students storm through the hallway roaring. Ms. Harshwhinny and Iron Will came out of the classroom seeing the kids off.

"Hey! No running in the hall!" Ms. Harshwhinny shouted at them.

"Yeah! It's just the end of the school year!" Iron Will shouted.

For a few seconds they realized that school was out.

"The end of the school year?!" they cried out to each other as they started to dance together.

In the Principals office. The girls celebrated by drinking alcohol. They laughed and snickered to each other as they got drunk.

"Why are- Why are you so happy about Spike again?" Luna said to Celestia hiccupping.

"He is sssoooooooo cute!" Celestia said swinging her glass around. "I mean, just the look of him. He's smart and adorable and- and- and he's just ssssooooooooo f***ing cute!"

"Isn't he though? I just wanna wrap my arms around him, take him to my office, and kiss him all over till he blushed hardcore red," Chrysalis laughed.

"Chrysalis. Chrysalis. You can't do that to students though," Luna said. "Because want Spike as my husband."

"You're too young to have a husband and way too old for Spike," Celestia said as she stands up losing her balance. She raises her glass high up. "Which is why I, the Principal of Equestria High, will do it to Spike rather he wants to or not, that cute little bastard!"

They all laughed out loud. Celestia chugged her drink and sat down. She missed falling onto the floor spilling her drink. They all laughed so hard it hurt their stomach.

Spike came out of discord's room waving goodbye to him.

"See you next year, Mr. Discord," he said to him taking off with the others.

"You better act like a grown up one of these days, young man!" Discord shouted at him. He sighs lowering his head shaking it. "I hate my job."

Discord walks up to the front doors seeing the kids leaving in buses, cars, and walking home. He watches Spike, Twilight, and her friends laughing walking down the streets.

"Look at them!" Chrysalis startled Discord drunk with a bottle in her hand and a glass in the other. "All happy just because their done with school. But once they come back, they'll be crying and down on their knees upon our glory!"

"I second that emotion," Discord said taking the bottle from her. They tap their glasses together and drank chugging. Chrysalis fell to the floor passed out.

Spike and his friends were eating their ice-creams as they headed back home.

"I can't believe that actually worked," Dash said laughing.

"Except when we got Spike in trouble. Sorry, Spike," Fluttershy said.

"It's okay, it was worth every minute," Spike said eating his ice-cream sandwich. "Twelve weeks with you guys till college hits. Man, I'll miss you guys and the seniors."

"Actually, I'm going to Sports Camp, little dude," Rainbow Dash said making Spike stop frozen.

"Sports Camp?" Spike asked.

"I'm going to a music program," Pinkie said. "I always wanted to perform in front of other people. Once that's completed, I might become a lawyer."

"But, Applejack!"

"I have to go to Military Camp if I want to gain my courage," Fluttershy said getting looks from everyone. "I know it's challenging, but my family said if I want to make it through life, I have to step up to the plate."

"Sorry, Spike, but I'm going to Science Camp to learn everything about space and of course science," Twilight said. "I've always want to become the Principal of Equestria high."

"Fashion Camp! They saw my designs and wanted me to go to a Fashion Camp," Rarity said squealing with glee.

"You're all going?" Spike said worried.

"Not me, Sugarcube," Applejack spoke.

"At least I have you to hang out," Spike said.

"Yeah, I can't hang out this summer with you, partner," Applejack said. "If I want to keep the apple farm business going, I have to know all the basics and follow my grandma's footsteps. But you can come and visit if you want to, but I'll be working throughout the summer."

"Well, at least I have Comet and Pipsqueak I guess," Spike said.

"Pipsqueak is going to camp with me, Spike. Sorry," Dash said.

"Yeah, and Comet is going to a Wrestling Camp," Pinkie said. "May his soul rest in pieces."

"Everyone from school is going out of town?" Spike got upset.

"You're not going to like it, but The Diamond Dogs are staying and Gilda doesn't go to school. So again, sorry," Dash shrugs.

"My summer is ruined! Who am I going to Sugarcube Corner with? How am I supposed to play a sport myself?" Spike cried out.

"Sorry, Spike," Twilight puts her hand on his shoulder.

"What if I come?"

"They say that only people FROM Equestria can go to camp," Pinkie stated acting like a lawyer. "Therefore you're an orphan born in somewhere else. But the teachers and Principals are staying here in town."

"Yeah, you can still hang out with the grownups," Rarity said.

"But it won't be the same without you guys," Spike continued to whine.

"We've got to think about our future, Spike," Applejack said to him. "We can't just act like kids throughout the summer."

"But we are kids!" Spike shouted.

"Technically, we're almost adults," Twilight now stated him. "You on the other hand are still a child."

"Cause this year, we're heading to college once we come back," Rarity said.

He sighs giving up.

"Okay, I understand," he softly said. "Let's make this last though while we still have a chance. When do you guys leave?"

"Tomorrow morning after our senior ceremony," Twilight answered sadly.

"Damn," he whispered.

The next day on the football field, graduation was over and the seniors threw their caps in the air cheering. On the bleachers were folks clapping and cheering. As for Spike, he pouted seeing their friends leaving not too long. Night Light, Velvet, and Shining Armor was there with him happy for Twilight. The buses outside the football field was running. About eighteen of them. Everyone was taking their suitcases, luggage's, and backpacks into the bus ready for the trip. Spike and his friends stick together till they were ready.

"I guess I'm ready to go then," Rarity said hugging Spike. "I'll miss you, my Spikey-Wikey."

"Same here, I guess," Applejack said waving goodbye to her friend walking off. "Hey, Spike, if you ever feel lonely, just remember I'll be at the farm."

"Don't worry, little dude, you'll still have fun without us," Rainbow Dash messed with his hair trying to cheer him up.

"I don't know, Rainbow Dash, it won't be the same without you guys around," Spike said seeing them leaving.

Pipsqueak waved goodbye to his mom and went in line on the bus with Rainbow Dash. He was playing baseball at camp. He notice Masquerade, Sunlight Spring, and Lilac Sky in their cheerleading outfits.

"Don't tell me you guys are going to Sports Camp," Rainbow Dash said.

"Ew! As if!" Sunlight said.

"Like, Cheerleading Camp is right across the lake, duh!" Masquerade said as the three entered the bus. Rainbow Dash and Pipsqueak looked at each other.

"I hope it's a big," Pipsqueak mumbled to her as the two entered the bus.

Rarity entered the bus as she waved her parents and sister goodbye. As for Comet who was going to Wrestling Camp, he notice Spot in line wearing shady sunglasses and a overcoat.

"I didn't knew you were a wrestle?" Comet said.

"I'm not, I done my research that wrestlers buy overly packed snacks for make them big and heavy for matches. Just think about how much money I could sell these babies," Spot said opening his coat. Snickers, Reeses, Twinkies, and a dozen of bag of chips were hanging inside his coat. "Snickers or Twinkies? Best seller for wrestlers like you."

"Alright everyone, I want the middle schoolers through seniors on the bus in a fashion order," Cheese Sandwich announced. He was the teacher in choir that Pinkie was going with. Everybody ran inside the bus without care leaving Pinkie last. She stops turning around singing.

"Fare thee well~~~, SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~…" she held the note over two minutes as Spike and others dropped their jaws from amazement. She shatter the window glass on the bus finishing her note. "…IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!"

Everyone clapped as she entered the bus. A group of students in military uniform marched into the bus where Fluttershy was headed.

"There's my bus, Spike," she hugs him tightly around the neck. "I'm really going to miss you! Why don't you come with me? You can sneak in the bus with me. I'm sure they have an extra uniform just about your size."

"FLUTTERSHY! Get your girly ass right over here, NOW!" a harsh voice shouted at her making her and Spike jump. Garble was in his uniform carrying a clipboard, which means he's the leader of the group.

"I-I-I think I'll pass on that, but thanks for the offer," Spike said shaking. He was still afraid of Garble.

"Okay, I understand. Bye!" Fluttershy hugs him tightly one last time and headed off to the bus. "Hi, Garble. It's good to see you again."

"I don't like you sweetness coming out of your mouth!" Garble barked at her. "I am not your friend! Do I make myself clear!?"

"Yes, sir! Not looking for friendship, sir!" Fluttershy saluted him trying not to cry.

"Good luck, Fluttershy!" Spike cried out to her. She waved goodbye happily as Garble dragged her into the bus from hell. "You're gonna need it."

"Spike," Twilight said behind him. He turn to her as she got down to her knees. She hugs him as Spike hugs her back. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Me too, Twilight, I'm going to miss you the most," Spike hugs her tightly as they parted ways.

"I understand it won't be easy with any of your friends hanging out, just try to have fun, okay," she hugs him one last time and went inside the bus. She sat on the window side waving goodbye to him as the buses took off.

"Just like my old life again… alone," Spike whispered to himself.

He watch the buses leave seeing his friends one by one. He waved goodbye to everyone. After that was done with, he was by himself. Standing in the middle of an empty parking lot. He started to walk off heading back home. He walks past the school seeing that it was empty. He could remember the first day he arrived at school. Getting bullied by the Diamond Dogs as Rainbow Dash helped him out and becoming her first friend.

He walks off to Apple Acres and could see Applejack picking apples off the trees. He still remembered the day that his friends showed him around town and went to the farm. Him and Applejack chased fireflies and talked about their feeling. He waved to her seeing she waved back. But still sad from the inside that she had to work during summer.

He then went over to Rarity's shop looking through the window. Spike notice the trophy in the window. The trophy from the dance contest. The time when Rarity twisted her ankle and went on dancing with Spike. The two won the contest and was very happy they did.

Later on, he went to Sugarcube Corner and ate his ice-cream that Mrs. Cake prepared for him. She notice that she felt a bit down today. Spike continued eating as he picture Fluttershy sitting across from him eating ice-cream together. The time when they were in town getting stuff for the animal shelter and getting Twilight a gift. He then looked inside the shop through the window seeing Pinkie Pie waving at him stocking up the place. He smiled but fade as the two disappeared on him.

When he got home, he sat on the couch watching TV. Twilight sat next to him hugging him. She always tells him about what happen with her today. Applejack and Rainbow Dash came in always arguing about the littlest things. Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy came in the house sitting on the couch with Spike and Twilight. Spike smiled and laughed when he was always with them. But one by one they started to fade away. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and then Twilight. Spike sat on the couch alone watching TV thinking about them and the times they went out together. But nothing would change. Remembering the time being alone hurt him the most, and will throughout the summer.

The next morning, Night Light was watching the news in the living room. Velvet was cooking breakfast for Spike and Shining Armor. On the news made Night Light bored and unamused.

"…as summer begins, kids from all over the country starts running to camp to gain knowledge and experiences," the news reporter said looking at another paper. "In other news, a break in happened somewhere in the desert when two suspects was unconscious. Telling us about a heart shape crystal was stolen by-"

Night Light turned the TV off and walked into the kitchen reading his newspaper. He notice Spike walking in the kitchen in his pajamas early in the morning.

"Morning, Mom. Morning, Dad," he said tiredly.

"You getting up that early? You're wasting you summer vacation," Night Light said to him.

"Yeah, why don't you go play with your friends?" Velvet said giving him pancakes.

"What friends? The one who left me just to go on some stupid camp," Spike said pouting.

"Now, Spike, I know there are other people here who didn't went," Velvet didn't like his attitude. "Chrysalis notice that you were feeling down today, so she thought you and her should make hangout sometime. Maybe even the other teachers."

"Hanging out with the teachers? That's sounds weird if you ask me," Spike said.

"Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad. See ya, cranky," Shining played with his hair wearing his police uniform.

"Now, Shining Armor, be nice to your little brother," Velvet got on to him. "He's feeling a bit… U.P.S.E.T. right now."

"I can spell, Mom," Spike said.

"Well, try to get better, alright," Shining pats his back. "And if I'm lucky enough, I can drive the S.W.A.T. van in a week. Which means that you and I will be cruising around just us boys. You, me, Flash, and Big Mac."

He walks off happily heading off to work.

"Boy, he's sure aiming for the stars," Spike said grumbling.

"At least he isn't moping around the house all summer," Night Light said continued reading his newspaper.

Spike sighs as he ate his breakfast. Later he got dressed and walked through town heading to Celestia's house. As he did, he began to mumble to himself angrily.

"Hanging out with the grownups? I can't believe this," he said walking pass the school. "This is just like my old life again. This is the worst summer ever!"

A bright light shines into his eyes. He covered them noticing it was coming through the school windows on the far right side. He walks towards the school as the light continually shined.

"What the hell?" he said to himself.

"Hey, you!" Spike heard a yell from a sleeveless man who was running towards him. "Get away from here!"

Spike stumbled back as he scrambled back on his feet running. He rushed back home as the man in the torn suit stops grunting at him. That night when things started to calm down, Spike was eating dinner with his parents. He played with his food thinking about the man in the torn suit.

"Hey, Dad, what do people do in the school during summer?" Spike asked.

"They closed it up empty, why?" he asked.

"Well a big scary guy was at the school today and-"

"I'm sure he was cleaning up the school for next semester," Velvet said.

"In a suit like that? I don't know," Spike continued playing with his food. "Something really weird is happening in that school."

"…Ms. Harshwhinny was right," Velvet whispered to her Husband. "We should've send him off to a camp."