• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,362 Views, 20 Comments

The Ending Life of Spike: Book 4 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike and his friends on his last treasured moments as we look back to the past. He is now Sophomore boy who has one last year with Twilight and her friends. He has to make this year count in order to have the best life he can ever ask for.

  • ...
4
 20
 2,362

Ch 1: The New Girl

Chapter 1
The New Girl

My name is Spike. As for some of you may know the adventures I had when I was ten through high school and other places. I loved my friends, my family, especially someone who I always liked in my high school years.

A grown man was walking across a field of grass piled with brown and orange leave. He wore a black suit with a coat over it and gloves. The weather was cold and windy. He past tombstones as he walks by, rows of tombstone. He finally stops in front of one and kneels down placing a photo of him, his friends, and the girls. The sad look on his face as he stares at it. The photo was taking at Equestrian High during the school years.

That's me. Facing the tombstone. A friend of mine died a week ago from a heart attack. This takes place fourteen years. As a grown up, I'm twenty-five years old. But enough about that, let's see what's happening.

"Hey… I wanted to see you again…" Spike said smiling, talking to the tombstone. "We were all shocked what we heard the other day about you dead and all. Except Rainbow Dash. It isn't easy seeing you like this you know, in the ground with your name carved on a tombstone. Anyway, I just came to say hi… and goodbye. Thanks for being with us… and thanks for being our friend."

Now I'm not gonna reveal to you who died. That'll come to the end. Believe me, you'll all be shocked and feelings will make you cry (Possibly). There might be a couple of hints that will make you think who died. But save it to the end. And yes, this may be the last book, my last adventure. But don't feel threat. Let's go seventeen years back into the past where I was eleven and back in Equestria High, with my friends, my family, and the people I love.

Seventeen Years Ago

Spike was a young eleven year old boy. He stood in front of the school looking at it. He wore his purple hood jacket and a green & light green stripe shirt underneath it. His hair was green and spiky. He was a smart boy who skipped three years in Middle School. Ever since he moved to Equestria, his life was perfect. Mad a lot of friends, made a family, and became the most popular kid in school. But he didn't care. As long as he had his friends, his life would be perfect.

As he stares at the school, he smiled. Thinking about the time when he first came to this place.

"Only five more months till school's out," Spike said as he took a big sigh.

"Spike!" a girl cried out his name. It was Twilight Sparkle, also the smartest in school. She wore a white collar shirt with a light purple best over it buttoned. Also a light purple skirt along with a pink bandana around her waist. Her hair stayed the same, including the straight pink dye. But her hairstyle had changed, her hair was now ponytailed sticking out behind her. "I told you to wait up with your big sis!"

She notice Spike didn't turn around to her. He kept staring at the school. Twilight walks up to him to see what was with him.

"Five more months, Twilight," Spike repeated. "You and your friends will be off to college."

Twilight smiled as she grabs him. Pulling him for a hug.

"I know, Spike," Twilight said.

This is Twilight, my step sister. She and I are the smartest in school. Actually, she is comparing the scores we have. She's always first and have the best grades. The best about having a big sister, she acts like a mother, which I'm okay with it.

"We gotta make this last, Twilight," Spike continued. "We've got to have the best times of our lives."

"Don't worry, Spike," Twilight messes with his hair. "We still have summer vacation, so technically we have seven more months."

"I guess."

RIIIIING!

"Come on, Spike. We're going to be late for class," Twilight said as the both of them ran inside.

Inside the school was students walking around the hallways. All the familiar people they saw in the hallways: Vinyl, Octavia, Noteworthy, Perfect Pace, Rainbow Swoop, Sassaflash, Star Hunter, Amethyst Star, Diamond Mint, Lemon Hearts, Rare Find, and all other characters you may know. And not only that; also previous characters from last summer vacation. Starting with this one.

"No running in the halls! No chewing gum! And for the last time, stop making out you two!" Chrysalis cried out. She was wearing her old suit when she own a company.

Chrysalis used to mean and cruel – sounds like she still is. She was the second vice principal of Equestria High. She's learning our ways of being nice and kind to one another. And the reason why she took this job was because I was there.

"Hi, Spike!" she happily waved at him.

"Good morning, Ms. Chrysalis," Spike and Twilight both said.

"How is are my royal student?" she asked kindly.

"Good, we were just headed to our class," Twilight said.

"And how is my favorite student doing this morning?" Chrysalis squats down seeing Spike.

"I'm doing fine, thank you for asking," Spike said.

"You're so adorable, I can't resist you!" she hugs Spike tightly as Twilight was getting irritated.

"Excuse me, Ms. Chrysalis, but we have to go to class now," Twilight said taking Spike away from her. "Come on, Spike."

"I'll see you two later then!" Chrysalis wave goodbye. She turns back to the students and went back being hateful. "I told you two stop making out!"

Spike and Twilight entered science class together ready for a test they are about to take. Inside was Trixie going over her notes studying. When she looks up she saw Spike walking to his desk sitting next to her.

"Hi, Spike," she said to him.

"Oh hi, Trixie," Spike answered back to her. "Studying for the test I see."

"I have to ace this test, so I can become your partner" Trixie slides next to him along with her desk. "Together we will be the smartest students in school."

"Excuse me, but Spike is with me," Twilight said pulling Spike closer to her. "Spike is my number one assistant. No one can replace my little brother."

"No, but he can replace his big sister," Trixie pulls Spike back to her. "He is an orphan if I'm not mistaken."

"You kidnapper! Spike would never replace me with you," Twilight pulls Spike's arm.

"Sure he can, he can do it right here right now," Trixie pulls Spike's other arm.

Twilight and Trixie fought over Spike as his arms started to hurt.

"Can I say something?!" Spike asked begging.

"STAY OUT OF IT!" both of them yelled at him angrily.

"Why are you guys so mean to me like this?" Spike cried.

The two always fight over me for being their partner. I don't have the slightest idea why they always fight each other. But deep down, they're still friends.

A door swings open. Mr. Discord enters the room with a folder in his arm.

"Twilight, Trixie, stop toying with Spike," he said as he sat down in his desk. The two let go and pouted. Spike slides down in his desk easing the pain inside. Discord cleared his throat as he took the papers out of the folder and lines them up. "Now as you may all know, today we have a test."

"Mr. Discord, I wasn't here yesterday," Thunderlane raised his hand answering. "Can I take the test tomorrow?"

"No," Discord immediately answered.

Mr. Discord is the most hated teacher in school. Last time I was here, he tried to replace the animal shelter into a football field. He's like… like a mad scientist.

"So take out paper and pencil so we can began," Mr. Discord said seeing everyone doing as he said. "Oh yes, and before I forget, we have a new student. She just moved here yesterday. Everyone, meet Starless."

A young girl came in wearing black jeans and a black shirt with a black buckle around her belly waist. Her hair was long and black and her smile was cute. Her black socks covered her leg just who've her knees. She was the same age as Spike.

"Hi, everyone," she said politely as she bows. "I hope we can become friends in class."

Spike was writing his questions down on his paper. He looks up and back to his paper and looks up again quickly getting a second glimpse. His eyes widen and snaps his pencil. The way he saw her glittered the background and eyes sparkling. Suddenly a song came up in his head adding his imagination.

Do you believe in Magic?
In a young girls heart
How the music can her
Whenever it starts

And it's magic
if the music is groovy
It makes you feel…

Twilight could see him staring at her with his jaws dropped open. She leans over seeing if he was okay. Waving her hand in front of him didn't help much.

"Spike?" she answered to him. But nothing.

…but it's like trying to sell a stranger 'bout rock n roll

Spike continued day dreaming till Twilight snaps him out of it.

"Spike!" she shook him. The music in Spike's head stops playing taking him back to the real world.

"Huh? What?" Spike spoke.

"Are you okay?" Twilight asked.

Spike looks back at Starless. She was walking to her seat sitting in front of him.

"Yeah! Yeah. I'm okay," Spike said.

"Excuse me," Starless spoke to Spike. He stood up straight frozen. "Do you an extra pencil?"

Spike blushed without moving a muscle. He then slowly goes to his backpack and grabs a pencil. He handed it to her still blushing.

"Thanks," she smiled turning back around.

Spike again frozen. He slowly grabs his hood and pulls it over his head blushing real hard. Twilight notice him blushing. She looks back at Starless and Spike. She finally get what was happening and started to giggle.

It was lunch time and Spike and Twilight sat in the table together. She notice Spike gazing to the ceiling smiling. She still giggled breaking Spike's imagination.

"What's so funny?" he asked being serious.

"It's nothing really," she ate her food and took a sip of her drink. "It's just that I think you have a crush on someone."

"What, no I don't," Spike lied looking away.

"Oh come on, Spike, I saw the way you act in class," Twilight pinches his cheeks. "What was her name again? Was it Starless?"

"You're really enjoy tormenting me, don't you?" Spike blushed.

"It's not my fault you're in love with someone," Twilight continued.

"Who's on love with who mow?" a girl spoke sitting down with them. It was Applejack. She still wore her hat. But the clothes she wore were a button short shirt showing her belly and short jean shorts with a belt around it. And her ponytail had a red band at the end of her hair. "How's my sweat apple pie's doin' on this fine day?"

Applejack is a trust worthy friend. She never lied to us, but when does it's very noticeable. She owns an apple farm not far from here.

"We're doing fine Applejack, but I have to tell you something about Spike though," Twilight made Spike gasp.

"Don't you dare!" he said to her.

"What's goin' on with you, Sugarcube?" Applejack smiled.

"It's nothing, leave me alone," Spike pouted.

"Come on now," Applejack pulls him in towards her locking his neck. "If ya can't tell me, I'll just force you to."

"Let go of me, Applejack!" Spike started to blush. "I don't want to talk about today!"

"Hey, that's my job to handle Spike like that," Rainbow Dash cut in between the two. She wore light blue jacket unzipped. Her sleeves was rolled up showing off half of her arms. She also wore blue sneakers and her hair stayed the same: red, purple, blue, green, and yellow.

Rainbow Dash was my very first friend I made. We are the closest friends there is. She's tough, athletic, and always there when me or my friends are in trouble.

"So what's happened everyone?" she smiled sitting between Spike and Applejack.

""Spike was about to tell us what happen in class today," Applejack spoke.

"I was not!" Spike cried out.

"Spike, you're going to be out numbered sooner or later," Twilight said.

"Yeah, right now I'm curious?" Dash said. "What did you do? Did you skip class? Failed a test?"

"You see what you did," Spike groaned at his sister.

"You started it," Twilight said.

"Shut up!"

"What's going on?" Fluttershy spoke along with Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

"They're starting it again," Rarity said gently slapping her face.

"Oh boy! What are they stating?" Pinkie happily said.

Fluttershy wore a long yellow dress with a white apron tied around her waist with a big white bow behind her back. She also wore sandals. Rarity wore a plain white dress and white long socks. Pinkie wore a crazy dress. She wore a pink shirt and her sleeves were white and yellow striped on one side and white and blue on the other. She wore a dark pink pants with yellow and blue straps over her shoulders. Her hair was long and pink that she loves to sway it back and forth.

Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie. Three more good friends of mine and also loves to tease me for the fun of it. Fluttershy is the kindest person I know. Always has a fond of me and other, mostly me. And she loves animals more than anything in the world. Rarity is the generous girl in school. Always knows what's right or wrong and never fail on us or others. Also loves jewelry and cloth designs and I have a little crush on her a bit. And then there's Pinkie Pie. The funniest, craziest, most random girl I ever know of. She's always likes to have fun when I'm around, always brightens my day when I see her.

"Spike is keeping a secret from us," Rainbow Dash said.

"I told you, it's none of your business!" Spike said.

"Ooo! I love secrets!" Pinkie said jumping on the table on her knees. She leans her ear towards Spike ready to listen. "What is it you're keeping from us?"

"Leave Spike alone, Pinkie," Rarity said pushing her away. "If my Spike-Wikey doesn't want to say anything, then he doesn't have to say it."

"Fluttershy, are you curious at all," Twilight asked her.

"Uh, well, um… I guess I am, but, um… Spike said he doesn't want to say anything, so, uh…" Fluttering spoke quietly all shy.

"Well, it's three against two, which means I have to say what happen with Spike," Twilight said.

"Twilight, please! I'm begging you!" Spike whines at her face. "They tease me non-stopped!"

"My own little brother is in love with someone!" Twilight happily said with glee.

"WHY!" Spike yelled in his head as he flew back feeling a punch to the face.

The girls were all stoned. They didn't moved a muscle hearing the news. Fluttershy and Rarity hearts were broken. They could hear it shatter like glass. Spike went back to his seat and was surprised to see them gloomy like this.

"Hey guys!" Sunset Shimmers came in waving at her friends.

Sunset Shimmers is one of Twilight's long lost friend. She is now part of the group and also a new student. Don't let her looks fool you, she can be tougher than Rainbow Dash if you get on her bad side.

She notice everyone was sad and gloomy. She also notice Fluttershy and Rarity back to back soulless.

"Did I miss anything?" Sunset asked.

"Spike fell in love with someone," Applejack sadly spoke.

"Okay, how is that bad news?" Sunset asked confused.

Twilight whispered in her ears why. She told her that if Spike is falling in love with someone, he might not have time for her and them in their spare time. After she heard the new, a gentle breeze flow by her. She suddenly turned to stone like the others.

"Guys, I don't see why that's a bad thing," Spike spoke. "Usually you tease me just for the fun of it, but this is ridiculous."

"Spike, it won't be the same if you fall in love with someone," Pinkie said deflating her hair.

"We thought you would pick one of us as your true love," Applejack spoke sadly.

"Your years older than me," Spike said.

"Well, I for one am glad he found true love," Twilight said.

"You only saying that because you're his brother," Sunset said.

"Who does Spike have a crush on anyway?" Rainbow Dash asked getting her mood back.

"The new girl over there," Twilight points over to Starless walking over to them. She was holding her tray.

Spike spotted her as fireworks started to go off behind her and a new song was playing.

I'm walking on sunshine, wooah!
I'm walking on sunshine, wooah!
I'm walking on sunshine, wooah!
And don't it feel good!

"Spike!" Twilight yet again cut off Spike's imagination. Starless sat down on the table with the girls and Spike.

"Hi, I'm Starless, it's nice to meet you everyone," she said.

"So you're the new girl?" Applejack asked. "I'm Applejack."

"Nice to meet you," Starless said. She notice two familiar faces she met in class, Twilight and Spike. "Aren't you two in the same class as I am?"

"Why yes, I'm Twilight and this is my little brother Spike," Twilight spoke. "Say hi, Spike."

Spike froze again hearing his own heartbeat. He swallows his saliva and began to speak.

"Hi, I'm-"

"Please don't take my Spikey-Wikey away from me!" Fluttershy cried out pulling him towards her. "He's the only one I love and always makes me feel less shy!"

She was holding him tightly accidently smothering him with her breast.

"Spike is my Spike-Wikey and he's my little love boat!" Rarity pulls him towards her.

The two cried fighting over Spike. Starless felt uncomfortable seeing the two fighting like that. Rainbow Dash had to break up the fight.

"Sorry about that, these two are always like that when this kid's around," Dash said smiling.

"It's okay, I heard this school is a bit wild," Starless said.

"You have no idea," Pinkie Pie said.

"So, Starless, are you liking school that much?" Twilight asked.

"Oh yes, thank you for asking," she answered.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Dash asked.

"Rainbow Dash!" Spike pinches her on the shoulder.

"Did you just hit a girl?" Starless gasped.

"Don't worry, she can take a punch," Spike said. "But I'm sorry she had to say that in front of you."

"That's okay, to be honest I don't have a boyfriend yet," Starless started to blush. "And there are a lot of cute boys here in school."

"I'm glad to hear that, Starless," Rarity said. "Just stay clear from Blueblood though, he's actually a ladies killer. Where are my manners, I'm Rarity, and it's nice to meet you. And might I asked what you do for a living?"

"Well, I haven't decided yet, but I always keep my grades up," she answered.

"Have you skipped a grade before?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm not that smart."

"Well Spike is, he skipped the whole middle school year," Pinkie said.

"Really?" Starless was shocked and looks over to Spike.

"Sure, he is now a sophomore and just eleven years old," Pinkie went on. "You ever consider dating him?"

Spike spat out his drink coughing. Starless blushed a bit looking away smiling.

"See, you're even blushing like Spike," Sunset said.

"Oh stop it! You're making me blush," Starless laughed covering her face.

"Well, listen; we'll just leave you two alone for a while," Twilight said leaving the table.

"Wait, Twilight I don't that's- and you're gone," Spike said sighing.

The girls left the two alone in the table. They looked at each other awkwardly. Spike was playing with his food and Starless sit quietly.

"So… Sophomore student," Starless spoke.

"Yeah, I skipped three years in middle school," Spike said.

"That's impressive," Starless said.

It went quiet again. They felt awkward together like this.

"I'm sorry my friends acted that way," Spike said.

"That's okay, I find them enjoyable to hang out with," Starless said.

"Really?"

"But why did they made fun of you like that?"

"Oh they don't bully me if that's what you're thinking. They just find me cute and easy to tease, but we're really good friends."

"I notice, but are they serious about us being a couple?"

"Well, uh, that's just them, you know."

"But do you really find me attractive?" Starless asked making Spike blush.

"I, uh, in class I did and well, yes… I do have a crush on you," Spike said blushing. "I never knew this would go by fast."

"I know how you feel, but with all my honesty, I have to tell you something," Starless said blushing. Spike started to blush hoping she was interested in him too. "I don't have feelings for you."

"What!" Spike said picturing himself on a battle ship. And underwater was a submarine ready to attack.

"FIRE THE TORPEDO!" the captain commanded with rage. The torpedo fired heading straight to Spike's ship and exploded.

"Why?" Spike asked.

"It's not because I find you weird or strange," Starless explained. "You look like an honest guy and all, but we just met. Besides, I like boy who are taller than me."

"We're the same age! Meaning we're the same height!" Spike said.

Starless stood next to Spike and measured his height. The two stared each other and notice she was three five inches taller than him. Spike blushed bright red and threw his hood over his head.

"Why do you always do that?" Starless asked.

"I always over blush when girls are older or taller than me, it's embarrassing," Spike said being honest.

"I think that's cute," she smiled.

"Don't be like my friends!" Spike shouted.

"So if I hug you, would that make you even redder, like blood red?" she teased him.

"You're turning into them!" Spike cried.

"That is so cute~~~!" Starless laughed patting his head.

"We're the same age!"

"But being taller makes me feel like an adult to you," Starless winked at him.

"YOU SHE-DEVIL!" Spike covered his whole face with his hood.

"Don't worry, now that I now you have a crush on me just because I'm taller than you means that I might like you a bit," Starless said.

"Really?" Spike showed his face to her smiling.

"Sure. I can see why the girls loves you so much," Starless said. "But can I tell you something else?"

"Sure, what is it?" Spike asked.

"Well since you have a crush on me, that means I can also tease you, too," She said with joy.

"What? Why?" he asked blushing once again.

"Because you're so cute when you're short," Starless patted his head again making Spike mad and blush. "And one other thing, the way the girl held you like that when she smothered you with her breast, you don't consider yourself a pervert, do you?"

"FIRE THE TORPEDO!" the captain cried out as another torpedo went towards Spike's wrecked ship and exploded again.

Spike was flat on the ground face down. Starless could see his soul coming out of his body about to die.

"Sorry, was I over doing it?"

Later that day, school was over and Spike and Starless was walking together. Spike walked Starless back home. Her house was actually lovely up close. The two walked up to the front door and stopped.

"So this is where you live?" Spike said.

"The inside is a mess, but it'll get clean by a day or two," Starless said. "Anyway, thank for taking me home."

"Sure, maybe we can hang out sometimes," Spike said.

"I'll think about it," Starless said. She turns to Spike and leans over kissing his forehead. "That's for having a chance with me becoming your boyfriend. I'll see you tomorrow."

She waves goodbye to him and went inside. Spike stood there without blushing. He then smiled walking back home.

"I have a chance… I have a chance…. I HAVE A CHANCE!" Spike cried out running back home happily.

This was only the beginning to end my life story. There are much more adventures waiting for us throughout the school year. Are you ready to hear?