• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 2,384 Views, 20 Comments

The Ending Life of Spike: Book 4 - Dark Matter 101



Join Spike and his friends on his last treasured moments as we look back to the past. He is now Sophomore boy who has one last year with Twilight and her friends. He has to make this year count in order to have the best life he can ever ask for.

  • ...
4
 20
 2,384

Ch 7: Sombra

Chapter 7
Sombra

The next when the girls went back to camp, Spike was spying on the school from the other side of the street. He watches the men guarding the school. Spike took his recorder out and speak into it.

"10:42 a.m., the girls went back to camp. Now I'm alone again, for now," Spike said as he took off.

He hid from the guards and end up at the window. The same window where he saw the laser. Before he could peak inside, he heard voices coming his way. Quickly searching to hide, he spotted the dumpster and jumped in. He was covered in trash and notice a pair of pants. He knew who they belong to. He took his recorder out taking notes.

"10:43 a.m., I found Mr. Discord's pants in the dumpster," Spike said. "But how can that be though? He was vaporized along with his clothes."

"You're getting real good at this stuff if you ask me," a man said passing by the dumpster. Spike peaks his head out seeing him and Discord.

"Hey, I'm a man of many talents," Discord said to him.

"Mr. Discord?" Spike whispered in shock.

"But I was for sure the Principals was on to you, especially Celestia," he continued talking. "Wasn't she suspicious?"

"You kidding?" Discord said as he rips his face apart. His face stretches into rubber and was torn apart. Tirek. "It was like taking candy from a baby."

The two laughed as him and Tirek walked off leaving the wax mask behind. Spike jumps out of the dumpster rushes over with Discord's pants. He picks up the mask and looked over to Tirek. Later that day, Night came by. The girls were back in the barn looking over the mask and pants.

"The size, the smell, this is Mr. Discord's golf pants alright," Rarity said looking at it.

"And whoever made a face texture of him means they were pretending to be him for something important," Twilight said examining the mask.

"But Mr. Discord is dead," Applejack said. "How could they get his texture then?"

"Wait a minute! There's something in here," Rarity said searching in the pockets. She took out a crumbled up piece of paper saying HELP ME!

"I guess he isn't dead after all," Dash said.

"Then that means he must be still in the school," Fluttershy said.

"And being held captive!" Pinkie shouted.

"You know what that means, don't you guys?" Spike said with a serious look. "We've got to go in there and save him."

That night, the gang got prepared. They grabbed walkie-talkies, crowbars, flashlights, and snacks from Pinkie. They were all in the streets getting prepared to head out.

"Crowbars?" Spike said checking off the list.

"Check!" Applejack said.

"Flashlight?"

"Check!" Twilight said.

"Walkie-Talkies?"

"Check!" Fluttershy said.

"Let's head out then," Spike said as they took off.

"I know I promised myself to never break into the school again, but breaking in like this?" Dash spoke to Rarity.

As they left, something in the trash can popped the lid open. Rover snickered, eavesdropping on them.

"The Principals are gonna love this," Rover said. He heard someone coming and hid back in the trash can. Mr. Cake came by with a garbage bag and threw it in the can. As he left, Rover could feel the slime on him. "Ew."

In Chrysalis house, she was exercising in the living room. She was watching TV on the workout channel. She was sweating in her workout clothes on the floor stretching. The doorbell rang. She sighs pausing the TV.

"Just a few more minutes and I would lost 4 pounds," she said. She grabs a towel wiping the sweat off of her and headed to the door. She opens the door seeing Rover blushing. "What is it, Rover?"

"I just, uh…" Rover was getting to excited seeing his principal in her workout clothes.

"It' nine o'clock at night, is there something you want?" she asked again.

"I-I-It's about Spike, Principal Celestia," he spat out.

"I'm off duty till September, Rover," Chrysalis crossed her arms. "And I'm sure that whatever it is, he can come straight to me."

"But he got all his girlfriend's together from camp and planning to break into the school!" Rover said.

Chrysalis eyes widen only hearing about Spike and his girlfriend's. This made her mad.

"Spike's… girlfriend's?" she growled. "No one takes my lovely student away from me!"

"Actually, that's not what I meant," Rover tried to correct her.

"Never mind that, grab what you can and meet me at the school parking lot," Chrysalis went back inside preparing for her rescue. Rover sighs and headed back home preparing himself.

At the school, the gang was behind the bushes. They saw that the guards were gone. They made a rush over to a window and took the crowbar.

"Is this where we did our first break in, Applejack?" Spike asked.

"Sure is," she said sticking the crowbar through the crack. She forces it down break the lock from the other side.

They all went inside one by one and closed the window behind them. At the parking lot, Chrysalis and Rover dressed in black like burglars. Black sweater, pants, boots, and beanie hats. Chrysalis could see Spike and the girls from her binoculars. She smiled putting it away.

"I told you they were up to something," Rover said.

"Seems to me that the girls are stealing Spike and forcing him to have sex with them!" Chrysalis said her eyes burst into flames. "I won't allow that to happen to Spike!"

"I thought we were busting Spike," Rover said.

"Come on, I see an open window on the third floor," Chrysalis ignored him and took off.

The two rushed to the side of the building where the window was at. Rover grabs a grappling hook and swing it up to the window. He tugs it to see if he got it stuck.

"I'll go first, Rover," Chrysalis said as she began to climb up. She was already halfway there passing the second floor. She heard the rope ache and small snapping noises. "Uh-oh."

The rope snaps as she fell on top of Rover. Her and Rover moaned in pain.

"I think you crushed my ribcage, Principal Chrysalis," Rover said moaning.

In the school. Spike and the girls searched for Discord in every room that was unlocked with their flashlight. The hallway was dark and damp. Making Fluttershy shiver with fear.

"I always forget how creepy it was going to school at night," Twilight said.

"This is your second time here and you're already scared?" Dash said.

"Keep it down, or the aliens might hear us," Pinkie shushes them.

"Pinkie, there are no such thing as aliens," Rarity whispered to her.

Spike was walking down the hallway and saw two shadows lurching on the walls. He turns off his flashlight and head to an unlocked door.

"Quick in here!" he whispered to them. They all went inside and closed the door behind them. The shadowy figures walked right passed them heading farther down into the dark hallway. Applejack turns to see what room they entered in.

"Hey, this is Ms. Cheerilee's room," she said. And she was right, they did enter her room without noticing.

"I hope somebody is feeding the gerbil," Fluttershy said.

They heard echo's in the room. Someone was shouting down the hallway, and was furious. Spike opens the door and follows the voice.

"What do you think you're doing?" Twilight stops him getting worried.

"Finding out what's going on in this school," Spike answered exiting the room.

The girls followed him back to the dark. This time they didn't used they're flashlights. The echo lead them to the gym. Spike opens the door. A crack of light blinded them. Once they could see what it was, they all gasped. Back outside, Chrysalis and Rover ran to the other side of the building and headed to a small window leading to the basement of the school.

"Bingo!" Chrysalis said. She kicks the window opening it and slide inside. She suddenly stops and couldn't go any further. She tried struggling out and notice she was stuck.

"Damn my fat hips of mine," Chrysalis struggled. "Rover, go to my house and grab the butter."

In the school, the gang stood there amazed by what they see. The giant needle they saw the other day was in the gym room. Computers and wires were connected around it. Scientists and guards were walking all over the place talking and working on the needle.

"This is beautiful and bad at the same time," Twilight said gasping for air.

"I was wrong… This right here is sick," Dash said.

Two men walked by snapping the gang out of its glory. They all jumped behind the bleachers hiding in the dark. Rarity was getting dirty from the grease and dirt, making her disgust.

"I can't stay in here, this is ruining my dress," she said.

"Rarity, this is more important than that stupid dress of yours!" Dash whispered.

"I agree, what is all this anyway?" Applejack spoke looking through the crack.

"Well, let me explain," Twilight said looking through the crack with Applejack. "That big generator seems to be a turbine running the needle with some sort of energetic power."

"Hey, look!" Spike points to the crystal heart hovering below the needle. "That crystal must be what's powering the laser."

"What does it do?" Fluttershy asked.

"Quiet, I hear them talking about it," Twilight said seeing Scott and Tirek with Sombra. And two scientists getting yelled at by him.

"Scott?" Spike said surprised to see him again.

"Sombra, please, we're trying our best," the first scientists said to him.

"No, let me make this clear to you," Sombra turned to him with a furious look. "We have a thing called an opportunity."

He wore a black suit with a red tie. His eyes glow green and his hair was combed back with two line red hair from both sides. His beard was trimmed smoothly looking like part of his skin.

"Now if we miss that opportunity, then the project fails," Sombra continued getting on to him. "And if the project fails, I get very. VERY. ANGRY!"

"Dad, they might have a point," Scott said. "This project is a bit complicated, but we have to be sure if this actually works out."

"Yes, it'll be easier if we examine the crystal before we could test it," the other scientists spoke.

"I'm sorry, but do you realized how long I've been waiting for this?" Sombra said. "I've wasted my whole life for this. I'm not going to wait for a couple more days just so you can examine the crystal."

"But, sir!" the scientists spoke.

Sombra whacks him with his cane on the head knocking him down. Then picks him up by the sleeve as he bleeds.

"I don't want to hear another word out of you! Not until we fix this!" Sombra said shouting at his face. "I want to end it here right now! Not tomorrow! Not next week! Not next Year! We're testing it NOW!"

"Sombra, we're ready for the test," an old doctor wearing glasses spoke to him.

"Coming," Sombra calmly said to him smiling. He drops the wounded scientist and walked over to the old man.

The two stood next to the computer as they began the test. The old man flip switches causing the needle to glow. The ceiling slides open as the needle rises up. Next it started to lower down pointing to the sky.

"Bring it up on the screen," Sombra commanded.

A big screen on the wall came on showing the moon and stars. Spike and the gang all stared at the screen through the cracked bleachers. Pinkie was eating a candy bar as she watched.

"Our goal is that we make the laser last for a full minute. Are we ready?" the doctor said.

"Why do you think I'm here? Just do it!" Sombra said taking out a stop watch.

"Yes, sir. Initiate photon channeling," the doctor said to his fellow workers.

"…Photon channeling initiated," his friend said as he type on the computer.

"Engage the coordinates on the moon to 0.073."

"…coordinates set, sir."

"Engage gravity beam… now!"

With one pull of the lever, the crystal glowed brightly. The tip of the laser beam shot out a colorful rainbow out of it. Outside Chrysalis saw the rainbow shooting to the sky.

"What the hell are they up to in there?" Chrysalis said struggling for freedom.

On the screen the moon was shot. The doctor picks up a control stick and easy moves it to the left. The moon slowly moved with the joystick. Spike and the girls gasp. Sombra was looking at his stopwatch seeing that forty seconds have past.

"A little more… A little more," he said to himself.

"He's shooting at the moon," Rarity said.

"I told you they were aliens!" Pinkie said.

The doctor smiled seeing that it was working till something went wrong. The beam was blinking out of control losing power. It shuts off on them. Sombra looked back at his stop watch seeing that it stops at forty-nine seconds.

"Doctor, why did the laser beam- what's the word I'm looking for? I-It's a technical word, Um…" Sombra stop to think for a moment then blurt out furiously. "Stop!"

"Well, it's like the other said," the doctor started to sweat. "Yu were told before that-"

"Told before? Do you think I care what I was told before?" he asked.

"Please, sir, d-don't get mad. I-I-I'll try harder next time," the doctor stuttered.

Sombra puts his hand on his shoulder laughing calmly.

"I'm not mad, doctor," Sombra spoke calmly to him. "I'm just upset. Sure I get mad time to time, but it's because I don't understand what to do. I'm sure you'll try harder next time."

He patted on his shoulder and walked off slowly.

"Thank you, sir," the doctor let out some air relieved. "Thank you for the second chance."

Sombra walks over to the guard and grabs a gun from him. He walks back to the doctor and shot his head from behind. In the bleachers, Fluttershy squeaked. Spike and the others jumped in fear. Sombra kept shooting at him on the back till he was empty. A puddle of blood spread around the doctor dead. Sombra rubs his face and took a big sigh.

"Okay, now that's out of the way, who's second in command?" Sombra asked.

One scientist rose his hand slowly, shaking in fear.

"I am… sir," he spoke.

"Good, now you're in charge," Sombra said to him. "And if I were you, I make sure that this machine works at full power by tomorrow morning. Cause if you don't you might end up like your friend there."

He points to the doctor who was being dragged off by a guard and Tirek.

"Now, we had eleven seconds left, so let's make this count tomorrow," Sombra said walking off. "I wish everyone luck, and put on a smile once in a while. It's like a-"

He stepped on the blood puddle splattering on his shoes and pants. He sighed tiredly.

"This is why I hate violent," Sombra said. "You get blood on your suit and it becomes a stain. That's disappointing."

Spike and the gang ease on back in shocked of what they witnessed.

"We gotta get out of here," Dash said.

Rarity felt something crawling up her leg. She froze squealing feeling a spider on her skin.

"What is it, Rarity?" Twilight notice her.

"There's something crawling up my leg," she whispered scratching her voice.

"Hang on, I got it," Applejack said seeing the spider up to her waist. "Okay, don't freak out."

"Just tell me! It's on my arm now!" Rarity squealed.

"I'm not going to say anything," Just don't at your arm," Applejack said to her.

But it was too late. Rarity looked over her shoulder seeing a spider crawling on her shoulder. It was face to face between the two. Rarity screams out loud rushing out of the bleachers. She was squealing and screaming getting everyone's attention. They all stared at her wondering what was wrong. She took a glove from one of the scientists and breathe into it. She calms herself as she breathed in and out. The others walked out revealing themselves to everyone.

"Well… shit," Twilight spoke.

"You?" Scott notice Spike.

"Hey… it's been awhile," Spike awkwardly laughed.

"Son, do you know those people?" Sombra asked.

"All I know is that brat got me and my friends in jail," Scott told him.

"THEN GET THEM!" Sombra shouted. "Just don't kill them, I had enough of killing tonight."

"Run!" Spike cried out heading to the doors.

Behind the doors was Tirek coming back.

"What the?" he said.

"Get off of our planet alien scum!" Rainbow Dash yelled at him and kneed him in the crotch.

Tirek felt the pain as he slowly came down. Spike and the girls ran past him making a run for it. The guards chased after them down the halls. The alarm was set off. They made a sharp turn heading to the exit. A chain gate dropped down blocking their way out.

"This way!" Twilight cried out knowing where another exit is.

The guards turn the corner only getting pushed by the Spike and them. The chase was still at it. Pinkie looked back seeing the guards catching up. She took out a bag of marbles out of her hear and dumped them behind. The guards tripped on the marbles and fell. Pinkie snorted as they headed to the exit in ahead of them. Suddenly a pack of ninjas came out of nowhere blocking their way.

"What the what!?" Spike stops seeing them with nunchucks. They went to the other direction finding another exit.

"Ninjas! Why do they need ninjas!?" Applejack shouted as they ran for it.

They quickly took a sharp turn entering a garage. A class for mechanics. Once Fluttershy was the last one in, Spike closes the door seeing the guards and ninjas passing by. Dash saw the garage door closing about to lock down.

"This way! Hurry!" she cried out.

They all ran to the exit as Spike and Rainbow Dash told them to go. Once they were all out, it was just Spike and Dash.

"Now you, Rainbow Dash!" Spike said to her.

"But, Spike-"

"GO!" he shouted. Rainbow Dash saw the door closing. She rolled outside as Spike followed her crawling. Just when he was out, one of the guards grabs his leg and drags him back inside.

"Spike!" Applejack grabs ahold of him as the girls grabs onto her. Spike notice the door was going to crush on him. He let go of her and went inside. "SPIKE!"

"Save yourselves!" Spike shouted as the door closed in on him.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy went over to the door lifting and banging.

"Spike! Spike!" Fluttershy called out to him.

"It won't budge!" Dash shouted. A shuriken strikes next to her face piercing the garage door.

Ninjas came outside still chasing them. The girls made a run for it. During Chrysalis and Rover's own adventures, he pulls Chrysalis out of the small window from the stick of butter he spread on. She got up and saw the girls and a group of ninjas chasing after them. Her and Rover looked at each other both confused.

Back inside the school, Spike was being dragged by two guards. He kicked and struggled for freedom. They stop in front of Tirek. Spike sat up seeing him looking down on him.

"Well, if it isn't the little rat," he said to Spike.

"Rat? Who are you calling a rat? You big dumb-" Spike saw his recorder in Tirek's hand and played it.

"9:32 a.m., ugly bastard guarding the front entrance," Tirek stops the tape. Spike shows his poker face.

"Heh… For all we know, that could've been anyone," Spike said nervously.

"Shut it, rat! You're in big trouble," Tirek walks off as the guards continued dragging Spike.

"Hey, watch the jacket! It's cotton!" Spike said to them.

They picked him up and threw him in a storage room. Spike got up as they locked the door behind him. He then heard muffling noises on the other side of the room. Mr. Discord was strapped in a chair with duct tape on his mouth. His nose was stained by his own blood and bruises on his face.

"Mr. Discord! You're alive!" Spike cried out with joy. He rushed over ripping the tape off of him.

"AAHHH!" Discord shouted. The tape most of his bearded hair out. "Would you be careful!"

"Boy, am I glad to see you, sir!" Spike said hugging him. "You won't believe what they have in the gym. They have this giant laser gun and…"

Spike notice that he wasn't wearing any pants.

"Whoa! What took your pants?" he asked.

"Just shut up and untie me, dammit!" Discord demanded. Spike rushed behind him loosening the ropes.

"Man, these ropes are tight," he said.

"Of course their tight! I've been pulling them for the last day in a half!" Discord still yelled at him. "Just look how they bruised my wrists."

"Don't worry, Mr. Discord, my friends will get us out of here," Spike said.

"Yeah, what makes you so sure?" Discord asked.

"Hey, you don't know my friends!" Spike talked back to him. "They'll get help. You'll see!"

At the police station, the girls were talking to Snips and Snails about what happen tonight.

"You guys just escape from a group of ninjas from school?" Snails asked.

"That's right," Dash said.

"And they got a giant laser gun in the school gym?" Snips asked.

"Exactly!" Twilight cried out.

"Which they're shooting at the moon?" Snails asked.

"Oh, thank God you understand!" Fluttershy cried out with joy.

Snips and Snails raised an eyebrow to each other and laughed. As they laughed, the girls gave them dirty looks. Not like they care or anything.

Back in the storage room, Spike was still trying to set Discord free.

"I almost got it," Spike said to him.

"Just be careful with my putting hand," Discord begs him.

They heard the door unlocked. Spike quickly sat in a chair next to Discord. Sombra came in with Scott and Tirek behind.

"Dis... It's been awhile," Sombra said to him.

"Sombra, haven't seen you for a long time," Discord said squinting at him.

"Mr. Discord, you know him?" Spike asked.

"Shut up, you little bastard!" Scott yelled at him. "My father is talking!"

"Scott," Sombra calms him down as he approaches Discord. "That is a good, boy. Discord and I was great friends but then ruin my life. By the way, Dis, you like this suit? How about the tie? I always thought the color red would look nice on me."

"I see you haven't changed much," Discord scoffed. "Always thinking about yourself instead of others around you."

"Oh, come on, Dis," Sombra patted his shoulder. "I wasn't always like that. And I took special care of you."

"Special care? You beat the living shit out of me!" Discord shouted struggling in his chair.

"I had to, Dis, you hurt my life and now I hurt yours! Like when abandon me!" Sombra slaps him across the face. He calms down and walks over to Spike messing with his hair. "But look on the bright side, you have company now."

"Let him go, Sombra. He can't do anything to you," Discord said.

"Don't let him go, Dad," Scott said. "He may look young, but has a devise mind."

"I'll be the judge of that, son," Sombra said walking up to discord. "Still the same Discord I knew. Standing up for the students and taking sacrifices for them."

"You?" Spike asked.

"Well, I, uh…" Discord stuttered.

"See, I can't let anyone go at the moment," Sombra continued. "I'm running this 'Night School experiment' a little secret. Showing these adult students to do what's right and wrong."

"Oh, yeah!" Spike stood out of his chair yelling at him. "If you're just running a night school, then what's that giant laser gun doing in the school gym!?"

Sombra eyeball him with a dirty look. He clutches his cane as he twitch a bit. Tirek grabs his shoulders forcing him to sit back down. Spike fought for a moment but sat back down.

"I always heard about you. Spike, is it?" Sombra spoke to him. "How you stopped the town getting destroyed and how you got my son and his friends thrown in jail. I also heard that you skipped three grades because you were smarter than anyone in this school. Well, I'm smarter than you and always will be. Because I am much worser than what you've been through."

He turned back to Discord and smiled.

"You should teach Spike here a little more respect, Dis," Sombra said. "But you don't care about him or the students in school. I'll see you and your friend tomorrow."

He walks out of the room with Scott and Tirek. They locked the door leaving them in the dark room.

"Jesus Christ, what did you do to him?" Spike asked.

"I think it's best to tell you about the truth, Spike," Discord said. "We used to go to school together. You know the first day you came here and notice the history happen here?"

"I think so, Pipsqueak gave me the tour that day," Spike answered.

"Well back in that day when the middle and high school was put together, things started to change with him," Discord told him about his life story.

35 Years Ago

It was the year 1979, we we're all young, free, ready to change the world.

Equestria High was small. Student in their 70's was laughing and talking. Some were on the field singing songs and doing homework. Discord came out of the building with his brown smooth hair and as a teacher. He wore a brown sleeve shirt and tan belle pants. His glasses was slim. He waited for the bus to come on by. When it did, a group of middle schoolers came out along with Chrysalis and Celestia.

Celestia was wearing a headband with flowers on her hair. She wore a shirt button shirt and blue belle jeans.

Chrysalis wore pink shade glasses and her hair wavy hair covered half her face. And also wear braces on her teeth. She wore a short skirt and a long black shirt with a skull on it.

"Hey, Discord," Celestia greeted him.

""Celestia. Chrysalis. Had a groovy time at the concert last night," he said to them.

"You gonna be at my house on Saturday? We're painting my vault wagon," Chrysalis said.

"Wouldn't miss it in the world!" Discord said.

"See you later then, we have to go teach the students," Celestia said as the two walked off.

"Wait, how did Celestia became a teacher and how come Chrysalis is in this story?" Spike asked.

"Just pay attention to the end," Discord said. "Anyway, we all thought we were cool back then. But one guys was the coolest guy of them all. Sombra, my best friend."

A man in a motorcycle drove into the parking lot. His brown jacket had threads hanging on his sleeve and bottom jacket. His black boot reflected the sunlight. He turns the motorcycle off and heading to the school. He saw a group of high school girls and made a move on them. They giggled.

Smart, handsome, and became Principal of Equestria High.

Discord walks up to him knuckle bump him.

"Sombra, my pal, how does it feel being the youngest principal in school history?" he asked.

"Groovy as always," Sombra answered. "Young is in, man. And old is out. WAY out. What do you think about this jacket? Does it make me more majestic than usual?"

"You will always be majestic, Sombra," discord said.

"Cool, now follow me my main man," Sombra walks off headed to his office as Discord follows. "I want to show you my new pad."

In the principal's office, beads hanged from the door as they entered. Discord was surprised by the way the place looked. Lava lamps, peace signs, beanie bag chairs, and candles smoking in the room.

"Pull up a bag, bro," Sombra said to him.

Discord grabs the beanie bag chair and sat in it. Sinking into the softness.

"Lay it on me, man," Discord said.

"Well, I've been thinking," Sombra walks over to the window watching the middle schoolers and high schoolers getting along. "We're in a new generation, it's time we shook things up a little."

"I here ya, brother," Discord said. "And dig this. I've been meditating on an album last night, and I got this righteousness motion. What if we hold middle school kids with high school kids together in one class? Think of it. Kids teaching grownups, and grownups teaching kids. Just imagine the peace we'll get."

"Hey, baby, that's a hip idea and all," Sombra said. "But I got a better thought in mind. As the first act of being principal, I decided… to get rid of Equestria High."

Discord jumps out of the bag. His glasses drops down on his face and was shock.

"What? No Equestria High? But then you won't become principal and the kids here like the school!" Discord said desperately. "This school is like freedom to them."

"Dis my man," Sombra looks back at him with a harsh voice. "The 70's are over. All that peace and love, sure, it was great for picking up chicks. But let's talk about my career. To do that, I have to make test scores go up. And to do so I have to separate the middle schoolers and high schoolers. It's a distraction."

"But Sombra, it's about friendship and love and getting to know one another in the future," Discord tried to convince him.

"I understand that you don't like the idea, but you'll thank me later," Sombra patted his back and exit the office. "Starting tomorrow, I'll move middle school someplace else, and then get the high schoolers back on track. Change a few rules here and there."

Discord saw Sombra walk out the room leaving him alone with great shocker.

But of course, Sombra's plan didn't go too well.

The next day, group of parents and high schoolers was having a strike at school. They had peace signs on their picket signs. Sombra was sitting on the steps of Equestria High.

"Be cool people! Be cool!" Sombra demanded.

"We'll be cool once you send our middle school children back to Equestria High!" a voice cried out chanting the crowd.

"Hey, I do what I want! I'm the principal of this here school! And no one is going to do about, dig?" Sombra teased them only making the crowd angrier.

A car dove by in the middle of the crowd. Mayor Mare in her younger days came through along with Discord, Celestia, and Chrysalis.

"People, please! Calm down!" she demanded calming everyone down. "Mr. Discord here has informed me that the middle schoolers isn't going to Equestria High anymore, as long as I'm Mayor this ridiculous idea will not be tolerated."

The crowd cheered making Sombra mad.

"Hey, man! You just don't get it!" Sombra yelled at her.

"Of course I do, and that is why I'm replacing you," Mayor Mare said.

"What!?"

"Celestia, for now on you'll be Principal," she said to her.

"What?" Celestia was astonished.

"Oh, I see what's going on," Sombra looked over to Discord. "You used me! Ease dropping on me to hear what I had plan and get me fired!"

"What? No, Sombra! It's not like that at all!" Discord tried to explain.

"Whatever, come on, Chrysalis, baby, let's blow this seen," Sombra took her arm only she rejected it.

"No, Sombra… it's over," she lowered her head. "I can never be in love a man who tries to separate friendship."

"So, you're against me, too, then," Sombra said furiously. "Well fine. I don't need you! I don't need anyone!"

He took a single step down only slide the edge and fell down the steps. They all gasps helping him up.

"Sombra, you okay?" Discord helped him.

"Don't touch me!" he pushed him away. His lip mad a cut making it bleed. He then look at discord angrily with hatred. "You took my job. You TOOK my life! Enjoy it while you can Discord, cause one of these days you're gonna pay. Somehow. Someway. You're all gonna pay."

He walks off across the field stomping his feet. Discord felt sorry for him. Feeling guilty as if it was his fault this started it. Back in the past Discord had the same expression look on his face.

"And I never saw Sombra again," Discord finished his story. Spike got him free out of his chair during the story. "He quiet teaching and went to a business career. He used to work for the president and told him his other plans and got him fired from that. Only this time it was nationwide."

"Soooo~~~, that guy is some crazy ex-teacher who wants to get rid of Equestria High just so he could rid of middle school and Equestria High?" Spike said making sure what he said was correct.

"Yep," Discord answered.

"Okay, then," Spike said nodding his head. "He just crossed the goddamn line."