• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 908 Views, 10 Comments

The Signal: Deal with the Devil - Moonreaper666



Desperation leads to difficult choices. Something the Thousand Sons are familiar with

  • ...
11
 10
 908

Paradise of the Warp

It is done; the planet becomes another plaything for the Warp

The sky began to change colors. The natural blue color begins to fade, replaced by a vibrant violet light.

Eldritch energy infuses the environment, twisting and changing the form of all. Trees began to expand and contract, move around with their new legs and breathing fire.

The very land itself shuddered and shakes erratically. Faultlines are created and dissipate at random while vicious earthquakes continuously break mountains and buildings.

The tyrant sits on his throne. Gone is the mortal Sorcerer. The Astarte has transformed into something else, a monster quite as rare as it is powerful. The giant spouts two avian metallic wings while its head covered in blue ethereal flame.

Suddenly, it received a psychic communication from the Warp. The signature seems familiar… No it can’t be!

“Oh Great Cyclops! Another world falls to the schemes of the Deceiver!”

“Another one of my children attains Ascension. Truly the Thousand Sons have unlimited potential,” Magnus responded in the Warp

“What is it my lord?”

“Through the glories of the Warp, the prophet himself has asked our lesion Legion to perform a sacred task…”

“The Arch-chosen himself has entrusted a particular universe to our hands. The humans there have built several empires and civilizations across the stars. They built everything without the power of the warp. We shall show them the superiority of the warp over reality, our glorious sorcery will engineer the destruction of their universe built on reality and technology!”

The Daemon Primarch pauses for a moment

“However, I have a task that requires your assistance,”

“An aspirant has been chosen by the prophet to invade another universe, this one has been designated to be full of the ‘Force,’” Magnus spat on the ground, his hatred of the Force and its patheticness compared to the Warp is well known

“In exchange for selling his services and spoils for our cause, this ‘Iron Mongrel’ requisitioned the Thousand Sons for an Army. You’ll you are going to give him that army,”

“As you wish Primarch,”

Magnus pauses his thoughts again

“Very few call me by that title ever since…”

“You’re apprentice and second-in-command Ahriman, revealed to the Legion that you knew of the imminent Space Wolf invasion and his defection towards the Prophet’s Black Legion,” the Daemon Prince answered in earnest

“Times have changed, know this my disciple. The great all seeing deceiver has a plan for us all. (Pause) We just have to go along with it,”

With that the psychic communications with Magnus ended. The Daemon Prince relayed another psychic message. This time it’s towards somebody the elevated Sorcerer hated with a passion!

Somewhere in Warpspace

Somewhere in neutral space, where the Four Dark Gods have no control, a lone figure spends his eternity in eternal torment.

Dead for three years, the soul has a physical form of a tormented old man chained into a throne. The being endures the torture inflicted on him by the Four Chaos Gods, feeding off on his suffering.

“Tell me old man! Where is your Imperium now!” the Daemon Prince manifested in front of the God-Emperor, spitting in his face

“Another universe falls to the Dark Gods! This time it is by my hands!”

The God-Emperor, now dead and imprisoned in the warp, faces constant screaming and humiliation from pretty much everyone. Even Ahriman and Magnus insulted him several times after his death.

“You say the Dark Gods don’t exist! But they do, and they have ascended me to a superior being! Enjoy your torment, for it will be eternal! (Constant, unending laughter)”

The Daemon Prince disappears from the God-Emperor’s sight, the Sorcerer’s laughter another torment driving him insane. The end is nigh and as for the God-Emperor and the rest of the Multiverse, the end is only the beginning!

Comments ( 4 )

5623716 I'm not so sure of what to say.

Wow, I literally just found out about this.
I kinda expected to be notified when the story came out...
Guess I have some reading to do!

Chaos wins the heresy? I'm perfectly ok with this.

6717961 Alternate History. The Horus Heresy didn't happen the same way.

For instance, the Thousand Sons were aware the Wolves were coming and evacuated most of their people and half of their Marines.

Ahriman unleashed the Rubric which turned most of the Wolves into Rubric Marines. Also empowered the Sorcerers and Wolf Librarians whom joined the TS.

Fenris is under TS control, as well as Catachan.

Also several versions/alternate universes of Star Wars are invaded

Login or register to comment