• Published 4th May 2012
  • 1,473 Views, 13 Comments

Drocsid - flutterspin



Ponies are hearing a voice. It sounds like Discord. Where is it coming from and what does it want?

  • ...
2
 13
 1,473

Epilogue: Night Star's Report

Epilogue: Night Star's Report

My name is Night Star. I serve under Shining Armor's command. I am a high-ranking officer in charge of protecting the city. My role is to investigate trouble within Equestria and report it to Princess Celestia.

I serve Shining Armor through thick and thin. I was there when Nightmare Moon striked. I was there when Discord striked. I was there when Chrysalis striked. My goal is to make sure the citizens are safe.

But the one time that changed everything was when Shining Armor got married. To accommodate his new lifestyle, he assigned me the role of temporary captain. It was my duty to watch the skies. It became my duty to watch over the guards.

My assignment wasn't too hard. Some days, it actually became quite boring. Ponies coming and going into the city. Watching ponies arriving on the train station. Watch the Canterlot Archives. Most of the action was outside my jurisdiction.

However, everything changed when Shining Armor had me watch the Starswirl the Bearded wing. I wasn't supposed to let any pony walk into the Canterlot Archives. That day, I heard a voice. It spoke to me in the form of a riddle. I made my report of the incident to Princess Celestia. She entered inside to investigate, but wasn't able to come to any conclusion.

Hours later, I heard the voice again. This time I called one of the guards to come in with me. It was a mistake. We were blinded by a bright light as the voice spoke out to us.

Leave this place and never return.

Unless you want to be strucken with madness.

No pony will stand in my way.

A princess will fall by my sword.

I rushed to report my findings to Princess Celestia. When her and I returned, the guard was laying down in pain. Princess Celestia tried to heal him on the spot, but her magic had no effect. She took the guard and hid him away in a tower. She told me not to tell a soul of the matter.

Days had passed since the incident. Shining Armor and Cadance were at the observatory when I was pulled into duty. I was to patrol the streets of Canterlot. I made my rounds when it happened. A shockwave that cleared the entire city. All the buildings were rearranged, and I had lost my bearings. I flew up in the air to take a look. That was when I saw the creature pass by me.

I flew down in search for the guards. They were spread out all over the city. They had all shared the same experience I had. I searched out Princess Celestia, but she was no where to be seen. That was when I noticed Shining Armor and Cadance talking to some ponies down below. I reported my status and offered a means of transportation for them.

As they had left the city, Princess Celestia had come by and asked me of my status. I told her what Shining told me. She was unaware of how widespread Ordain's influence had over Equestria. She informed me she would return back to the Canterlot Archives to check in with Twilight's progress.

Night had fallen and I feared the worst. I went to search for Shining Armor. He was no where to be found. I returned back to Canterlot and gave my report to Princes Celestia. She had told me to transport Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie safely to Ponyville.

I was there when Moonlight used his magic to restore Equestria back to normal, but I wasn't there when he trapped Ordain. Princess Celestia commanded me to check the rubble where Moonlight had imprisoned Ordain. There was no opening and the rubble was too heavy to move. I checked all around the mountain, but could not find a clearing.

As I flew back down into the Everfree Forest, I found a strange pegasus matching the description in Shining Armor's report. I followed her back to the entrance of the cave. In a flash, she had disappeared. I reported my findings to Princess Celestia.

A month had passed since the incident with Ordain. There was no sign of the creature and no sign of the pegasus I saw in the forest. Princess Celestia ordered me to assist Moonlight in finding room accomodations in Canterlot. I humbly obliged.

I assisted Moonlight in the past couple months. He and I had become close friends. I still worried about Ordain breaking free, but I knew Moonlight would be there to help us if that time ever arrived.

Comments ( 4 )

Great story u are a wonderful writer

Thanks. I wish more people would read it and encourage me like that. At least it got some attention.

After further research, I definitely feel like the story isn't that great. Whenever I read it, I love it. I just don't think it is professional enough. I took the time to write out this post to help explain the situation more.

Great story. I especially like the fact that Moonlight was powerful, but didn't even know it.

3818299 I'm sort of amazed after all this time that someone was able to find and read my story. I'm no professional writer, but I do appreciate it when someone out there enjoys my story.

Login or register to comment