• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 6,021 Views, 112 Comments

A Key in Equestria - Kamen rider yokai



It was just an ordinary day, that is until I met the Merchant. Now I'm stuck in a Equestria and, to make matters worse, I look like Sora from Kingdom Hearts! Man, can I ever catch a break?

  • ...
37
 112
 6,021

Chapter Four Crystal Empire

The next day we all arrived at the library and just in case I had went to a Moogle on the way and bought some weapons for the others just in case of a Heartless attack.

"Okay before we get ready to leave I'm handing out some things to defend yourselves from any Heartless. Rainbow Dash since your speedy I got you these modified gauntlets designed to use effective quick strikes using hidden blades. With your speed you can strike Heartless without them having time to react. Twilight you get a mage staff known as twilit strike it will help you adapt your magic for combat, Fluttershy is getting a shield known as nature guardian as I can tell your more of a support role, Rarity I had a hard time with yours but I decided on getting you some mythril twin blades. Applejack you just get gauntlets because your strength is more your style, Pinkie you get a scythe don't ask why I thought it suits you. And Spike just in case your getting this knight sword and shield. I enchanted them so that they have a similar effect on Heartless like the Keyblade. With all of us splitting up we need to be careful of more Heartless attacks" I said handing them their gear.

"Thanks this will help a lot. I went by the moogles as well and stocked up on items like tents and potions just in case" said Fluttershy taking her Forrest colored shield.

"I even made some travel bags to hold them. I managed to copy the enchantments on James' own pouches to ours that pocket space is going to be handy" said Rarity handing over the group's own modified saddlebags and handed Chrysalis a black with green trim purse knowing her wings are fragile.

"Thanks not many would realize how fragile my wings are considering how thin they are" said the changeling queen with genuine thanks.

"Don't worry Twilight while we are gone some of the royal guard will watch over the town besides Fluttershy is going to be done before the rest of us with Pinkie" I said as the two were going to the Everfree as there destination.

"We better get ready here are some apples for you just in case who knows how long we will be gone. Mah family knows I'm doing a diplomatic mission for the Princess" said Applejack.

"And for Chrysalis here I got these" I said pulling out some pink crystals.

"Emotion Crystals! Those are rare to find how did you find them" asked Chrysalis in awe.

"I was the one who invented them. when you told me about your kind I found a way to place emotion into clear crystals if you want I can hand you the recipe so you can feed your hive just be careful of which emotion and best part I found a way for the crystals to recharge all you have to do is drain them like you would a living creature and not physically eat it. Think of it as thanks for looking out for me all those centuries" I said with a smile.

"Wow I think at this rate she will fall in love with him, first he saves her life, made a shield for her, became her friend and now this I think it's only a matter of time" whispered Spike getting Rarity to giggle silently agreeing with him.

After everyone got their stuff in order Twilight, me and Chrysalis with said changeling in her Spinner Heart form boarded the Friendship Express to the Crystal Empire.

On the way I was reading my books that I packed into my back pack for the trip to the convention. I was glad the books survived.

"Hey James what books are those I don't recognize them" asked Twilight noticing them and that Spinner was reading one.

"There books I had when I was Brought to this world. I'm currently reading a favorite of mine from the horror series Goosebumps. I'm currently reading the headless ghost. And by the looks of it Spinner is reading a mystery book from the hardy boys. I prefer fiction books like these. They inspired me to become a writer. Guess they became my reminder of my world" I said with nostalgia.

"I will admit these are still a good read. Over the centuries I used my perfect memory to tell the tales to the new generation of changelings and always watched in amusement when they reenacted the stories as practice for transformations. It got to the point acting became second nature and a steady source of income though it took a bit to get the voices right" giggled Spinner with a smile.

"Wow can I read one I might see about adapting them to this world if I like it" said Twilight getting excited.

"Good idea here is a good one you might enjoy it's called bionicle the mask of light and it's other books. It's a good series to start with" I said.

With that we spent the trip reading and in my case helping Twilight understand the Writing of that world. Soon we put away the books and headed into the Empire proper.

I smiled seeing the Empire was still as I remembered before sombra sealed it. And apparently the Crystal ponies recognised me as well.

"Sir James! Nice to see you returned to our Empire and of course same to you Princess Twilight! I will go let Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor know your here" said a Emerald colored Crystal Guard.

"Thanks Emerald Shard that will be appreciated. I hope adjusting to modern times wasn't hard on you" I said recognizing the guard as a old friend of mine.

"Your welcome and I been getting used to the times please enjoy your stay" said Emerald as she hurried along on her errand.

"Was that really Shard! Guess she got her dream of being a Guard" said Spinner.

"You just Rhymed Spinner" I teased.

"I... didn't notice" she said with a blush.

"Have you been spending time with Zecora? Because you just sounded like her there" asked Twilight.

"The Zebra? Yes I often went to her to pick up medicine for my hive" nodded Spinner.

Emerald came back and gestured us to follow. The three of us soon entered the throne room where the couple looked up on our entry.

"Twilight! Glad you can come and who are your friends all Emerald said that one was a old friend of hers" said the white and blue unicorn I assumed was Shining.

"Yes I'm glad to see you too though my visit is not because I missed you" said Twilight.

"I am Prince James Del Light I guess your adopted uncle in law I just returned from a petrification by my little sister Luna back when she was Nightmare Moon. You must be Cadance I heard a lot about you from Twilight. I was a bit shocked to find I had a niece I never knew about" I said with a smile.

"I'm Spinner Heart but you know me by my real name of Queen Chrysalis I came to make amends for what happened I was just looking out for my subjects. It was a desperate move for survival" said Spinner reverting to her true form.

"Well that is a surprise nice to meet you I guess" said Cadence surprised.

"So what brings you here" asked Shining not letting his thoughts show on his face.

"Frankly a dire situation. Sombra is back and this time has brought a threat I feared would arrive for centuries. I'm sure Celestia warned you of the Heartless Cadance" I said.

If Shining was confused by that than he was understandably shocked when his wife turned white with fear.

"Of course Sombra became a Heartless didn't he that explains his abilities when Twilight and her friends came by on their first visit" said Cadance.

"I'm a bit confused" said Shining.

"The darkness of peoples hearts made real they are mindless beings that act on instinct. They attacked Ponyville yesterday and it was with Chrysalis' help I managed to defeat them. That's why Twilight and Chrysalis are armed. We fear more attacks. That is why the three of us are here. Celestia and Luna with me are calling a war council and need to unite the life of the planet to fight back against the Heartless. We can't let past grudges get in the way of survival if we want to keep this world intact" I said.

"We will be there Sombra is a foe we faced before" said Cadance with a grim look slowly getting her color back.

"Thanks just be careful the shadows are hiding much" I said before screams were heard and I cursed.

"That's our cue to get to work" I said throwing my hand out to the side as a flash of light signaled my Keyblade materialising.

I spun it once and I nodded to Chrysalis and Twilight as they armed themselves.

The three of us ran out with shining and his wife following.

"Yep Heartless this time their of the soldier kind they are the ones after shadows so their slightly stronger and use spin attacks. Be careful though where they are there's sure to be a giant Heartless controlling them" I said spotting our enemies.

They were more humanoid than the shadows with a coloration of red and blue and had a silver knight helmet covering their head and as they moved the visor clanked from the movement. On their chest was a emblem of a black heart with red thorn like stitches in a x formation.

"Gather" I intoned using magnet to pull the Heartless away from the ponies about to be attacked. A green and black shield flew striking them before rebounding back to Chrysalis as she nodded to me.

Twilight glared and suddenly transformed. Her fur turned pure white as her cutiemark vanished and her mane and tail became flames with her eyes turning crimson.

"Huh so Twilight is fire aligned I kind of pity who she ends up with" I said with a raised eyebrow as I blocked a spin attack.

"Even I don't want to get on her bad side now" agreed Chrysalis seeing the transformation.

"Fire!" Shouted Twilight using a fire spell to destroy a group of twelve Heartless.

"Deep Freeze" I shouted using a blizzard spell on the nearest Heartless.

"There's to many each one we defeat two more take it's place" said Cadance in shock as she shot a blast of magic at another group.

" guess now is time to call back up" I said pulling out the card I received yesterday.

"Light" I shouted causing the card to glow pulling me into a black void as a magic circle formed under me. I spun my Keyblade and pointed it above me releasing a light that formed a canine like shape before a fox materialized with fire around it.

"Let's go" said the fox and the battle came back into view as I glared at the Heartless.

"Firaga" I shouted as me and the fox shot a barrage of fireballs at the heartless.

"Fox fire" shouted the fox.

"Whoa" said Chrysalis wide eyed.

"Let's show these Heartless what we can do!" Called the fox jumping onto my shoulder and we glowed. "Trickster Blade" I called throwing a fox fire covered Keyblade.

"Wildcard" said the fox as both of us blurred into after images that gathered the soldiers in one place.

"This is the end Finale" we called as a energy built at the tip of my keyblade and the fox's tail and we slashed creating a firestorm around the heartless defeating them and releasing a bunch of hearts.

"Hah hah that limit break takes a lot out of me" I said.

"Ha ha I like your style! if you need any help just call for Blitz again I had fun destroying those Heartless see you later" said the fox vanishing.

"That is some ability is everyone alright" asked Cadance.

"Yeah just some minor cuts and bruises but nothing some potions and eithers can't fix" I said.

"Phew that was exhausting" said Twilight back to normal if a bit covered in soot.

"We better calm down the citizens stay the night and recover before heading back" said Shining panting from all the shield spells he was using.

"That would be nice I need to sleep and regain my magic" I said exhausted.

With that we went to the castle and was placed in guest rooms.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

Well that took a bit out of me. Anyway if anyone can suggest new heartless for this story I would like that. Just be sure to add some images of the heartless and what it can do. I need some boss level heartless to fight here.