• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 6,003 Views, 112 Comments

A Key in Equestria - Kamen rider yokai



It was just an ordinary day, that is until I met the Merchant. Now I'm stuck in a Equestria and, to make matters worse, I look like Sora from Kingdom Hearts! Man, can I ever catch a break?

  • ...
37
 112
 6,003

Bats, lessons and a unexpected visitor!

I sighed as me and Chrysalis watched thorn and Marie play nearby the sweet apple acres and I noticed the largest apple ever seen in the orchard.

I winced internally at the sight. Out of everyone I befriended only spike and Chrysalis knew that I had future knowledge up to a point and this was one of my more trying experiences from the show. Chrysilas had some drones keeping watch. Applejack had called the girls over about a vampire fruit bat problem and I was making sure the twins were okay. Jex was surprised to being a sudden uncle with Celestia and luna overnight but when I explained that they came from a erased timeline they welcomed the two to the family. I was keeping the power ponies comic in my inventory just in case.

I sighed as I summoned my newest keyblade heroheart which as you expect was a keyblade based on superheros. I found the Keychain of the power ponies emblem next to the book which had a altered cover to include all of us fighting heartless. It had our entire adventure inside with the ending being the power ponies heading home saying that we would meet again.

I found spike's stash of the series and made sure they were in one whole book so to prevent them from becoming multiple entrances to that world.

I put away my keyblade and felt some strong magic nearby.

"Guess twilight cast that spell" I stated with a sigh and the changeling queen next to me nodded.

"Well better male sure fluttershy doesn't cause damage later on" I said and the changeling smiled at me.

"I'll watch the twins you go do damage control" said chrysalis and I smiled. Then I frowned thinking over the past week. Celestia and luna both had forced me into a rushed wedding saying that chrysalis as the mother of the twins needed to have the official process so they could welcome her to the family. So yeah I'm married to my best friend in this universe. Even Jex was able to see we liked eachother. I didn't mind but while I was walking I felt like something big was going to happen soon.

I just stared as later that night I gave a deadpan stare with a twitching eye at seeing fluttershy's transformed state. I turned to the five ponies as spike was with me and tapping his foot.

"You just had to use peer pressure didn't you" I near growled as twilight gave a sheepish look.

We ducked as flutterbat swooped by.

"Twilight remind me to give you a lecture on visual resonance and why it's a bad idea to mess with biology" I said sternly and twilight slumped.

"Fine uncle I deserve that" she said as I grew my wings and covered myself in my dragon scale. Flying up I summoned nocturne which caught flutterbat's attention and as she was close to the ground I cast stop on her.

"Use the reverse spell now!" I said and one zap from twilight and when stop wore off fluttershy was back to normal and so were the fruit bats. I scanned her just in case and winced seeing there was still some fruit bat dna in her.

"Shit twilight we really need to have a talk about this. Enough time has passed that some of the fruitbat dna has rooted into her own dna perminantly she will have her sense of self but she may find she can transform into flutterbat still the change is mainly harmless but her life won't be the same for now on. And this goes for you four as well! Seriously applejack when fluttershy is talking about something relating to animals listen! She's the expert on this kind of thing! From what I heard from some of the other displaced I met during the war of shadows when they went through this event it took you cutting your record breaking giant apple to lure flutterbat to a point of using mirrors and her own stare on herself just so twilight could get her back to normal. I managed to avoid that thankfully but I will let the five of you explain what happened to fluttershy she honestly has no idea what happened when she became part fruitbat. Geez! And twilight I will have spike tell Celestia about this incident! Maybe it will help you learn to think things through. I get that the six of you are best friends and makes you go into herd mentality but this is ridiculous in how this can go wrong. I don't want to hear any complaints about this. We were just lucky it was fruit bats and not regular vampire bats that would have been a disaster waiting to happen" I said as I reverted to normal and motioned spike to follow me.

Twilight sighed and lowered her ears with her other friends. "We really messed up didn't we" asked rainbow.

"Eeyup and majorly at that. Fluttershy may forgive us but it might be a while until everyone else does. Ah for one am not looking forward to discord when he hears about this" said applejack. Fluttershy is his best friend and mess with her and discord pranks you for a month straight.

"I just know I'm not going to live this down this is almost as bad as the want it need it incident" said twilight with a frown.

"In hindsight fluttershy had the best idea about this" said pinkie her hair straight.

At this point fluttershy woke up confused.

"Oh my what happened" asked fluttershy seeing the looks on her friends. The five looked a bit nervious but rarity slowly explained what happened and james' stern lecture to them.

"I... can see where he is coming from, trying to change nature is not without concequinces. He is right though I am the expert when it comes to animals my talent revolves around them. I tried to tell you it was a bad idea but you were so set on going through with this I doubted you would have listened. While I will forgive you girls he is right we have to live with the concequinces of our actions so if I have to live with being part fruit bat for the rest of my life then so be it. It will have to serve as a reminder of this incident. I might have to ask luna to help me with my transformation as night is her domain. I got to need her help in seeing if this changes my life besides physical aspects. Like if I'm nocturnal or dinural now" said fluttershy thinking it over.

With that the group went home five of them learning the life lesson of actions have concequinces and it was best to listen to someone who knows about the subject matter.

The next day the group set up a fruit bat sanctuary and twilight was still rubbing her ears from the lecture given by both James and Celestia on the incident. Luna was helping fluttershy with figuring out her new abilities and changes and James had actually gave a fitting punishment for twilight after the whole mess. She wasn't allowed to use magic except for reading and her job as librarian but other wise she can't use her magic for a month which he hopes will teach her disipline on what is allowed for magic and not. She accepted the punishment knowing she had it coming. Though james also gave Celestia a lecture on how to recognize signs of when someone's passion is getting out of hand and for twilight it was when her curiosity and trying new things with magic overrode her common sense. seemed Celestia forgot to teach twilight how not to let her curiosity get out of hand.

"Remember twilight the next time your curiosity gets out of hand like that I will turn you into a cat so you can see how bad too much curiosity is!" warned james sternly as seeing as he was the only relative near twilight at the moment he decided to try and teach her lessons to help her be a better princess. And learn from your mistakes.

James may be of some royal blood back home but he was raised as a normal person which taught him some good leadership skills. And now he was using his Growing proficiency in transformation magic as a way of imparting those lessons on his neice. Everyone still recalled how he turned Celestia into a cat herself for being lazy enough to forget to teach twilight how to control impulses. For a week straight.

Currently he was turning to impart a lesson all of them should know for when they gained Keyblades themselves.

"Spike I'm sure you noticed that you haven't changed when entering another universe like you did in a human world right? Seeing as we went to alternate equestrias? Well you should all know something. As keyblade wielders the magic we use allows us to normally not be effected to transformations to fit in with other worlds like when we entered the power ponies comic. The only change you had was a eye mask like me while everyone else became human. There are certain exceptions like a world created by the holidays. We will be changed to fit in that world. Your nightmare night holiday is this world's equivalent to the holiday I know as halloween. So in halloween town you would be transformed to fit the holiday. In pride lands you would become altered to fit in. There the only magic you can use is that granted by the keyblade everything else that's magic is locked until we get off world. This is the other reason I'm not having you use magic except for your job as the librarian. It's to prepare you for that" I said.

"Wait does this mean that I won't turn into a dog when going through the mirror portal anymore" asked Spike curious.

"That's right though if we visit pride lands you would become a variant canine that exists in that world like a hyena or wolf. It depends on your personality. So a wolf is the most likely option you will become on that world. Since I look like Sora I would have a similar form he has on pride lands. A lion" I said nodding to him.

"Knowing twilight she would become a variant of a intellectual animal the closest I can think of is a raven" said spike.

'Ironic since back home her voice actor Tara strong also voices raven from teen titans but yeah I can see that happening' I thought inwardly amused.

"Then rainbow dash would be a falcon considering she like to fly constantly" I said.

"That is true I am hardly on the ground so seeing me walk is a bit rare" said rainbow sheepishly.

"Fluttershy would have to be a bat I would have said a kitten but with this stunt a bat would be her natural form there. Normal bats and fruitbats are normally harmless the only one that has to be watched for is the vampire bat. Rarity with her grace would also fit a wolf or a feline form but with her beauty she would most likely become a fox on pride lands" I said and she had a proud look.

"No contest" everyone agreed.

"Applejack is a bit hard to tell as she is stubborn and tends to be hard to change her mind which I think she has learned why such a thing is not exactly good with what happened" I said giving her a look as she was the main reason fluttershy is now part bat.

"A gazelle maybe" said Spike with a shrug.

"Pinkie would be a type of Monkey no doubt about it" I said deadpan.

She giggled and I was not surprised I could see a certain pink monkey I know of in her.

"Chrysilas I am not sure on what she will be as her shape shifting and acting skills are making it hard to peg her. Other then that because I know the true her I would say a lioness as she does take pride in her hive and does run them much like a pride of lions does." I said.

"What about apple bloom and her friends? You said they had the potential to be keyblade holders" said applejack nodding to the three listening in.

"Apple bloom is the one that keeps the other two from straying on their task and looks out for them so she would most likely be a wolf as well with how loyal she is to her friends. Sweetie Belle is the one that is the thinker of the group and would most likely be a fox like rarity due to cunning and creativity" I said and looking at Scootaloo I thought deep on her traits that are most notible.

"Scootaloo is much like a hummingbird, full of energy and has a hard time sitting still plus with how fast her wings can go the image fits her quite well. I should know I'm much like her in that I can't stay still for more then a hour back home at school it wasn't much of a issue as classes were each a hour long except for finals so I know what I'm talking about here" I said making the orange pegasus excited.

"Explains why after a hour you constantly move around back home though you have trouble falling asleep I noticed when I do some reaserch" said twilight curious.

"That was because I was born hyperaware I am pretty much always aware of the world around me and my mind is constantly active it's a type of insomnia that some can get at birth making it hard to get a sleep schedule that is more normal. So I'm used to having less sleep then a human should" I said with a sigh.

"Let me guess eight hours is the normal sleep period a human gets" asked twilight.

"Yep I pretty much only get half that amount normally but being hyperaware does have some benifits spike actually spotted the weakness of the heartless faster then I did when we were in the power ponies world" I said.

"When you live near two detail obsessed people you pick up a lot of observation skills" said Spike with a amused grin at both twilight and rarity.

Rarity blushed knowing that was required in her profession. If the details aren't right the ensemble would fall apart. Twilight blushed as well as being such a avid reader that was a skill she developed.

It was then I realized something when I look at rarity as she gazed at spike after he teased both of them.

'Holy she does love him as he got comfortable around her enough to tease her and she doesn't mind at all! Maybe getting the two together won't be as hard as I thought' I spared a glance with the others and saw they also noticed what I did.

This would be interesting to see.

"So twilight when am I meeting Cadence and Shining again I still want to get to know them our meeting got interrupted by heartless if I remember" I said. With that twilight started telling stories about her time with the two and my face froze as she told me about how she learned about the wedding.

"Wait he let you know at the last minute though a letter and didn't even tell you he was dating or got engaged?" I asked.

When she nodded I facepalmed.

"Great no matter the universe that is still the most idiotic of mistakes you can pull with family I'm sure you gave him the riot act about it only to forget about it on learning who the bride was" I said and twilight nodded only to freeze as she remembered she still needed to finish telling her brother off about that as she doubted Cadence knew about it since it was chrysalis at the time.

"Oh right I remember that bit that was purely shining as while I was absorbing love from him it wasn't that much to effect his normal thought process" said chrysalis with Marie and thorn coming up.

"Does Cadence even know how twilight learned of the wedding" I asked curious.

"I don't think so" said my wife thinking on it.

"Shining is going to learn a important lesson on married life. Never make the wife ticked off at you for a mistake because she might punish you for it" I said recalling when I accidentally made chrysilas mad at me and I ended up in those caverns under canterlot until I had gotten out and it took me two days to get home as the trains were undergoing a four day maintainance period and even with glide from the edge of canterlot to ponyville it was a long trip. Considering glide is slow most of the time.

By the expression on my wife's face she remembered that as well.

With that set we finished the bat sanctuary and we headed home and I waved to vinyl scratch and Octavia as we went past though I had to pull a matrix move when Lyra shot at me and ended up going over me with a shocked expression making us roll our eyes. Lyra was definitely the human obsessed pony most fans portrayed her as in this universe. I been telling her about my birth world as I remember and my own opinions of events that had happened. And that last I checked there was still a war on terrorism going on and would be a endless battle as there was going to always be terrorists in some form.

The 9/11 incident really was scary as I was only around six or five years old when it happened and there was a possibility one of those suicide bombers was going to crash in LA at the time. That was a time where I hated being hyperaware as it made me acknowledge death at such a young age that it got to the point I can't even watch someone die in historical films. Yeah ptsd is a bit of a understatement on that. Luna has been working some sleep magic on me to help me through it but fifteen years living with it wasn't easy to get rid of nor was I ever the same about it. It was another reason I wanted to be a writer back on earth so I can try and help others who have gone through the same thing and maybe in the process help myself get over the experience. When Lyra and the others heard about it after I explained what suicide bombers were and thus planes it was understandable that the ponies was trying their best to help me through it.

But Lyra was being a bit extreme in this by trying to sneak attack me with affection but as I was hyperaware I heard her moving through the air and reacted as such.by now the town didn't bat a eye as I straightened and continued my walk like nothing happened considering how much this occured.

It was then I noticed a pony I recognized as cheerilee was acting a bit out of character dressed up as a punk fighter and sparring with some of the griffon soldiers gilda personally trained from her father's journals. It wasn't until I saw the red streak and red eyes did I realize what was going on.

I walked over to the pocessed mare before I pushed some magic onto her stomach making her out of character look vanish as a red oni like figure tumbled to the ground.

"Momotaros! Figures what in the multiverse are you doing pocessing a school teacher of all people" I said giving the imagin a look.

"I was bored and trying to see if I can find away back to denliner. But how do you know my name" asked the imagin giving me a look.

"Im from another world like you and it's possible that something scattered you guys from the sands of time. I better take you with me before you cause anymore touble. Sorry guys but I got this situation" I said to the griffon only for half to glare at me and I winced.

"Sorry ladies hard to tell gender apart with that armor go ask spike for modifications to prevent a repeat of this mistake" I said and that calmed them down and I told the confused teacher that I will explain what happened later.

Looked like another adventure has started.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

Sorry there wasn't much action here but I had no clue how to best get this to fit so I think I did alright. So yeah now we have Momotaros from den o added in and his and the other Taros with seig will have a role in this story as a subplot mainly as babysitters and guards over the twins when james del light and chrysalis are summoned to help other displaced. Mainly when james can figure out how to take the kids with them with the Taros brothers watching over them during the trip.