• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 6,003 Views, 112 Comments

A Key in Equestria - Kamen rider yokai



It was just an ordinary day, that is until I met the Merchant. Now I'm stuck in a Equestria and, to make matters worse, I look like Sora from Kingdom Hearts! Man, can I ever catch a break?

  • ...
37
 112
 6,003

Chapter Seven A Knight Among Dragons

Spike panted as he moved to where the dragon migration was. He was lucky that it was that time of year so chances of finding a elder dragon would be high. His knights sword and shield strapped to his back. When he managed to get to the site he quickly noticed the three dragons he met last time.

"Look here guys it's the dragon raised by ponies" jeered Garble as he pointed at Spike.

"I'm not in the mood for your insults Garble don't you know there's a threat to every dragon here" shouted Spike annoyed.

This got every dragon's attention. A large barely adult dragon moved to address the young drake.

"What do you mean young whelp" asked the dragon.

"The name is Spike, the threat I'm talking about is called Heartless. Their the darkness inside the heart made real. I wouldn't be surprised if they start picking up your presence soon" said Spike seriously.

"How can I believe your claim young Spike if there is no record of these Heartless' existence" asked the elder.

Suddenly the ground shook as the nearby mountain cracked. Every dragon stared at it before it burst open and Spike paled st the sight. It was a mainly blue and yellow with some red heartless in the shape of a ancient dragon with what looked like cymbals on it's belly. Electricity flew off it occasionally.

Spike suddenly whirled to look at the dragon.

" tell me was there a dragon who was living in that mountain" asked Spike fearfully.

"Yeah one who is nearly as old as the equestrian princesses Celestia and Luna" said the dragon confused.

"That dragon who just destroyed that mountain was the Heartless of that particular dragon! It's known as the storm rider. It has enough power to wipe out a kingdom! A expert on Heartless briefed me on it. It's because of these Heartless that I came to warn you. Celestia and Luna knew that this threat not only puts their subjects in danger but every other sentient being. I was sent as a representative to offer a treaty to help everything survive against this threat. Believe what you want but I got to stop that thing before it destroys this region. Just start evacuation before it notices us" said Spike as he pulled out his sword and shield before noticing some small whirlwinds nearby and jumped into one hovering for a second in the center before twisting into the air to land on the storm rider's back.

He latched onto a spine as it started to do a flip or a loop. He let go once it was upright and discharged some electricity and remembered James talking about the weakness before he left. He moved to strike the horns on the wings but even with the sword enchanted to mimic the damaging ability of a keyblade it wasn't doing much. He had to cling to the spike again as the Heartless started to roll again.

'Its no use even with this enchanted sword I'm not doing much damage. This is a boss level heartless for crying out loud. If only I can work out how to actually deal enough damage with out having to use up my stamina to much' thought Spike hearing the bombs the heartless dropped start to explode.
______________________________________________________
Over at a safe place Garble stared at the Drake fighting the gigantic heartless. It was unreal! He had to admit the little guy had guts to take on such a monster. Spike was right about it's power as it seemed to spawn bombs that was slowly destroying everything and start upsetting the volcano.

"Every dragon we got to stop those bombs from making the volcano erupting. It it erupts the smoke will kill us while the lava can't. We would end up fossils if that happens" ordered the dragon that Spike was talking to.

"We got to hope that pony raised Drake can defeat that thing. I hate to say it but he is right. These Heartless are a threat to everything" said Garble as he started to take flight. No one noticed the little Phoenix that was heading to the fight.
_____________________________________________________
Spike grunted as he got shocked. The Heartless knew he was there now that after a while he managed to destroy one horn. He knew at this rate it would soon spread it's destruction to ponyville. He thought about every pony he knew there. Twilight his caretaker and friend, applejack the farmer who knew how much hard work he does. Rainbow dash and pinkie who he enjoyed pranking with them, Fluttershy who taught him how to care for animals when he was caring for peewee the Phoenix he hatched then returned to his family, the cutie mark crusaders who hang out with him as he tried to help them find their talents, and finally rarity the one who he cared for the most. She taught him why being generous was better then greed as he faced what a monster greed could turn one into when his birthday came around. He couldn't let their home get destroyed by this Heartless if he had a say about it. A cry caught his attention as a young Phoenix shot to his position.

He would recognize that color combination anywhere.

"Peewee! But how" asked Spike as the older Phoenix flew around him before giving the young dragon a look.

Suddenly Spike gasped as the Phoenix started to glow as the firebird released a feather that landed on the dragon making a bright glow cover him. He flt himself growing to be as tall as James while feathered crimson wings shot out of his back. His shield and sword vanished as armor covered him and in a flash of fire a new weapon appeared. When the glow went down the transformed spike found he was holding a keyblade but it looked very different then James' keyblade.

It was fire colored that much was obvious. It's hilt reminded Spike of oath keepers own but looking more like Phoenix wings at the guard and the blade itself reminded him of his previous weapon but the key teeth was resembling a open beak. The keychain of the keyblade was a mini Phoenix pendent made out of a fire colored crystal. Spike felt the name of the keyblade was Brave fire.

With a determined look Spike flew and used his new weapon to strike the remaining wing horn making the Heartless screech in pain. He continued to strike and soon shattered the horn making the heartless fall to the ground in a daze.

Spike flew up and took a deep breath.

"Heartless I shall end you previous life's suffering and release that which is trapped inside that darkness. Dragon's fire slash" said spike with a deeper voice and flew down and his blade caught fire as he flew slashing the heartless from head to tail making it split in half with it disintegrating into black smoke with a screech. Out of it came a large crystalline heart that vanished.

Spike landed by the only lake of the area finally getting a look of his armor. It was a deep purple with green trim with the helmet covering his whole face with a black visor letting him see. The horns of the helmet was red with the bottom part where they attached resembled his ear fins. His purple tail had lengthened and waved behind him. Perching on his shoulder behind his new wings was peewee the Phoenix.

"Thank you my friend guess I can't call you peewee anymore. How does bravefire sound because your one brave firebird for coming to my aide without thought" chuckled Spike as the Phoenix chirped giving a nod.

The Knight like dragon was soon surrounded by the other dragons.

"Dang what in the sun was that! That was unreal! All we managed to see was that bright glow and that last strike! You look a lot different too" Said Garble in a somewhat awed trance.

"I honestly don't know all I was thinking about was what I had to lose if the heartless spread it's destruction to my home. After that a old friend of mine appeared and next thing I knew this happened. I think my friend here sensed my heart and gave aide which resulted in this. Even unlocked something that the heartless fear" said Spike showing his keyblade.

Suddenly the armor glowed and vanished revealing a older Spike dressed in a red pair of pants held up by a blue belt holding blue versions of James' red pockets and around his neck was a white scarf. On his left arm was a gauntlet with a similar color combination to the armor with a black circle on the back of the hand.

"Magic armor huh guess I got a lot of questions later" said Spike.

Garble took hand of the keyblade examining it when it suddenly disappeared in a flash to only reappear in Spike's claw.

"Yeah I was told the keyblade does that" said Spike with a chuckle.

"Young Spike you have proven that the heartless do indeed exist and are a serious threat. If a fellow dragon can be turned into a monster like that I fear for what that implies. I think I speak for all of us that allying with the ponies is in our best interest. Please let your princesses know that we are on our way to speak about this" said the dragon spike talked with earlier.

"Will do but I never got your name. Got to at least tell them who the message is from" said Spike with a nod.

"My name is Titan gemseeker young Spike" nodded the dragon understanding that point. Spike pulled out a sheet of paper and a quill with ink and started writing down a report of what happened and once done tied it into a scroll and used his dragon flame to send the message.

"There they should get it soon" said Spike.

"Your able to send messages through your fire? Most dragons don't have such a ability it's almost unheard of" said Titan.

"I always have been able to fon that I never knew it was such a rare skill" said Spike in curiosity.

" How about this as you escort us to equestria we teach you more about our history. I believe the tale of your fight will be told to younger generations for ages. With that in mind I believe you earned the nickname Stormslayer the Knight among Dragons. So be proud at that for now that is your name. Spike Stormslayer, you had fought a dark being that can control storms I doubt the feat would be repeated. Garble why don't you teach young Spike her how to fly?" Asked Titan as the dragons started to move.

"Don't bother my wings resemble that of a Phoenix or pegasus it would be best I learn from one of my pegasus friends as I think dragon wings and these wings work differently. The feathers definitely show this" said Spike.

"Fair point young Drake besides your the only one who knows the way so please lead us to equestria" said Titan as the purple dragon nodded and started walking with the dragon migration behind him with Titan teaching him more about dragons and there history with Spike writing this down for Twilight knowing she would like to learn more about dragons since she had first hand experience raising one.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

Well that's the second chapter for today next up is applejack in The Wild West! See you there.