• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

Keep Calm and Flutter On

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 33: Keep Calm and Flutter On

I along with Rainbow, Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie and Spike were all waiting for Princess Celestia, who was coming to Ponyville with a special guest. She was also running a bit late.

“Maybe it’s somepony so terribly important, she still had many terribly important things to do before she got here.” Rarity suggested.

“Maybe the visitor has a deer antler, a goat leg, a bat wing, and a snake tail.” Spike said, sounding worried.

“Yeah right, that’s Discord.” Twi said.

“Why in the wide, wide world of Equestria would Princess Celestia bring along someone like that?” Rarity added.

“M-M-Maybe you should ask her.” Spike said pointing at two carriages, one containing Princess Celestia, the other a statue of a certain Draconequus.

The sight of my creator right there made my jaw drop.

Twilight walked up to the Princess and asked, “With all do respect Princess Celestia, HOW COULD YOU BRING DISCORD HERE?! Your majesty.”

“I’m fully aware that the last time Discord was here he created serious havoc.” The Princess responded.

“If by “serious havoc” you mean turning Ponyville into the chaos capital of the world.” Rainbow said.

“And tricking all into being the opposite of our true selves.” Rarity added.

“And making yummy delicious chocolate milk rain all over the place, without a single dollop of whip cream anywhere in sight. Not a single dollop!” Pinkie added.

“Yes I understand, but I have use for Discord’s magic if he can be reformed to serve good, instead of evil. This is why I brought Discord here, because I believe that you are the ponies that can help him do just that.” Celestia explained.

“This will never work. This is a disaster. How will we ever control him? We’re doomed!” Spike shouted.

“Need I remind you that you are the ponies who back to stone like this in the first place.”

“I suppose we can just use the Elements of Harmony against him, if anything gets out of hand.” Twi stated.

Spike then offered to go get them, but Celestia already brought them, and said she casted a spell on them, so he can’t steal them.

“Now where is Fluttershy? I believe she may know best on beginning to reform Discord.”

“Fluttershy? Really?” Rainbow asked.

Celestia nodded, and the Rainbow flew off to get Fluttershy and Applejack.

While we were waiting for them Princess Celestia came up to me and asked, “Is something the matter Seth? You seem awfully quiet.”

“Oh no, I’m fine. Just thinking.” I tell her.

“Thinking about what?”

“Just this whole thing here, I mean if we can reform Discord or not. If we can then maybe I can finally know what it’s like to have a father, but who knows. I doubt he even sees me as a son. Hell, the first time I talked to him, he said that I meant nothing to him. So I’m not sure that if I want to help out with this or not.”

The Princess nodded and said, “Well, I’m not going to force you to, but I would appreciate it if you, and possibly your sister, help out with his reforming. I do believe that you two may be able to help him out even more if you make him feel like he has a family.”

I thought about this for a second, before saluting her and saying, “Princess Celestia, I promise that I will do whatever I can to help with the reformation of my creator, but to let let you know, I believe that Screwball is at some fancy party that has something to do with her work, so she can’t really help.”

She responded with a warm smile.
______________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes later Rainbow came back with Fluttershy and AJ, and Princess Celestia explained the situation to those two.

She also spoke directly to Fluttershy about it, “I realize that this is a tall order, but I wouldn’t ask if I weren’t confident you could get him to use magic obediently of his own free will.”

“And you really think I’ll know best how to do that?” Fluttershy asked.

Celestia tipped Fluttershy’s head up and said, “I do.” She then flew back to her chariot and said, “Now I must return to Canterlot for Equestria’s Royal Summit. You may release Discord when ready.” She then left.

I then stood back as the other walked around Discord.

“Okay ponies, guess it’s time to get started. Let’s just hope this releasing spell works.” Twilight said.

“Or let’s not.” Spike said.

“We best keep our Elements on at all times till further notice.”

“Check!” The rest said simultaneously.

Twilight’s horn, and the Elements lit up as a rainbow ring came out of them, connecting each one together, leading to the Element of Magic. Then a rainbonic (I’m not sure if that’s even a word, but who cares) light came out of it, and went right at Discord statue, which began to crack.

Then the stone blasted off of him, and he began stretching, “Well, it’s about time somepony got me out of that prisonblock. What a relief.” He snapped his fingers, making a nearby squirrel musclebound.

The others gasped at this, but truthfully I found it kinda funny, yet I did my best not to show it.

“What are you doing?!” Twi asked.

“Why, stretching of course. When you’re a creature of chaos stone bodysuits aren’t your typical go to fashion choice.” He shaped his fingers again, doing the same to a rabbit.

Pinkie gasped, “Make that bunny cute again, now!”

“He’s adorable the way he is.” Discord said before the super bunny tried to bite him. Discord crossed his arms and stuck his tongue at it. “You know what else is adorable? You ponies truly believe you can reform me, and that you’re putting your faith in this one here to make it happen.” He loomed over Fluttershy with a magnifying glass. He then teleported, and reappeared on the other side of her dressed in grandma drag, “Make me wanna pinch your little horsy cheeks.”

“How’d you know about that?!” Twilight asked in a demanding tone.

“Being turned to stone doesn’t keep me from hearing every word Celestia saids, although I’ll admit it makes rolling my eyes a challenge.” He then literally rolled his eyes like a pair of dice.

“It doesn’t?” I ask, “So when Trixie trapped me in stone I could’ve chosen to have been conscious, if I wanted to?”

“Of course. Why I didn’t mention that?” He then made this face at me.

“Not you didn’t, kinda surprising considering how much you rage quit at almost every board game ever made.”

“Well... I uhh... shut up!”

“Unless you want us to turn you back to stone, you’ll zap those animals back the way they were pronto.” Twilight ordered.

“Oh you wouldn’t dare turn me back to stone and risk disappointing your precious princess.”

“Try us Discord.” Rainbow dared.

“You think you can treat poor, defenceless animals like that, and get away with it?” Fluttershy added, before flying at him.

“You go Fluttershy!” Rainbow cheered.

“You best watch your step buster or I’ll give you the stare!”

I gulped, remembering when I got stared, and how badly I had to got to the bathroom afterwards, but let’s not get into that.

“The stare, oh please not that. Anything, but your disapproving eyeballs.” Discord then burst out into laughter.

She then did the stare at him, and at first it looked like it worked, until he started laughing, showing that it didn’t.

“If it turns out we need to use our Elements against you I’m sure we can convince Princess Celestia it was for a good reason.” Twilight stated.

“I suppose that’s correct.” He then snapped his fingers, turning the animals back to normal. “Well it seems like I know where I’ll be crashing while I’m being reformed” He said those last two words with air quotes.

Please not with me and Rainbow. Please not with me and Rainbow. Please not with me and Rainbow. I mean I love Rainbow with all my heart, but knowing her, she’ll make this reforming so much more difficult if he stays with us.

“With you Fluttershy.” She reappeared in his arms and he gave her a noggy.

“Yes!” I cheered, only to get stares from everypony, “Umm... sorry.” I said with a nervious smile.
______________________________________________________________________________

We all then went to Fluttershy cottage, where Fluttershy explained her plan while Discord lounged on her couch.

“He may be horrible, but that doesn’t mean we should act the same way, we should at least try to be hospitable.” She turned to her flankhole rabbit and asked, “You don’t mind giving up your favorite spot on the couch, do you Angel Bunny?”

Angle rushed at Discord, trying to pull him off the couch, but quickly gave up.

“Oh I’m sorry about Angle, are you alright?” Fluttershy asked my creator.

“Oh yes. Thank you Fluttershy of your concern, if only your pony friends could be as considerate.”

“Don’t listen to him Fluttershy.” Rainbow said, “He’s just trying to drive a wedge between us, like he always does.”

“Always? You girls only met him once. Hell, I’ve talked to him at least three times by now.” I said, only for nopony to respond to what I said.

“Now why in the world would I ever try to do a thing like that?” Discord asked.

“So we can’t unite and use the Elements of Harmony against you, that’s why.” Rainbow exclaimed.

“I never thought of that.”

“You big liar!”

“Now look who’s a liar. Anyone can plainly see that I’m not big at all.” He said now a fraction of his normal size. He changed back, knocking over a lamp. He snapped his fingers, and “fixed” it, making it look like himself.

The others left, leaving Fluttershy and I to reform him. Twilight and Fluttershy talked for a bit, but I didn’t pick up on it because I was paying more attention to Discord and Angel’s fight over the couch, which I’ll admit I was more rooting for Discord.

“So watch that goat-legged step of yours pal!” Twilight warned.

Discord made the couch into two chairs, one with him, one with Angel. He was now wearing a light blue suit and top hat, and they both had tea. “What? Look at me, I’m parctically reformed already.”

Twilight then left.
______________________________________________________________________________

“So Discord...” I began to say, but he put a finger up, telling me to stop.

“Oh come now, I don’t want to start with any daddy issues you have with me so just sit there and look pretty.” He then snapped his fingers and I was suddenly in the most feminine dress you can think of.

I shoot him a death glare and said, “If you don’t get me out of this right now, when I’m through with you, you’ll be begging for the elements.”

“You’re no fun.” He then snapped his fingers, removing the dress from me. Then, he got in my face, “And about that treat of yours, may I remind you that I created you, and with a snap of my fingers I can erase you from existence, but then that girlfriend of yours and her friends will pur my back in that prison, so it’s not worth it.”

“She’s my fiance.” I corrected.

He extended his arms and exclaimed sarcastically, “Look at all the bucks I give. They’re just falling from the sky.” He lays back down and said, “I’m hungry. Are you hungry?”

“Umm... No thanks.”

With another snap he had something to eat. Which appeared to be a bowl of paper. I chose not to question that, yet Fluttershy did when she came into the room.

“Are you eating paper?”

“Am I? Huh, how odd of me.” Disord said taking another bite.

“Well I’m just heading out, so just make yourself at home while I’m gone.”

Fluttershy then walked out, I suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom, so I left the room for a minute.
______________________________________________________________________________

Some time later, after Fluttershy got back, Discord decided to make himself at home by having the house spin around. While Discord was laying on a floating couch and Fluttershy was flying, I did my best to keep on levitating myself.

Fluttershy, being the Element of Kindness, said she was fine with it. “If this makes you comfortable, by all means, feel free.”

“Well it does, very much so. You’re so very kind, my dear Fluttershy. I always knew that you were the understanding one.”

“Hey, I’m giving you chance too.” I said.

“Yeah, but you’re not one of the Element wielders, and you threaten me earlier when I was just playing dress up with you.”

“Key word is dress.” I deadpanned, “Also you threatened to delete me.”

“Fine I’m sorry.”

“Really?”

“Oh yes. I think Princess Celestia was right to chose you two to reform me. You’re off to such a good start, I actually considering being reformed.”

We then heard Twilight calling for us, Fluttershy flew out with Angel and I teleported to the ground, to meet up with Twi and Spike.

“What’s going on? Are you two okay?” Twilight asked.

“We’re fine. Everything’s going great right Seth?” Fluttershy asked me.

“Well I could be worse.” I said, looking back at the spinning house.

“We come to get you away from Discord, he’s just terrible, and from the looks of it completely out of control.” Twi pointed out.

“Oh, but you’re wrong. We’re making great progress.” Fluttershy told them.

“Seriously?” Both Twilight and Spike asked.

“I’m earning his trust by giving him a little space to be himself.”

“He used that space to be himself to tear out all the reforming spells from the library.” Spike said holdind a book with a ripped out page.

“That does explain the paper eating.”

“He ate them?!” Twilight shouted.

“I’m so sorry about that Twilight. You can take the money to replace those books out of my salary if you want.” I told her.

“No, no. It’s not your fault.” Twi told me.

“We aren’t going to need a spell.” Fluttershy said, “He’s already really considering being reformed. He said so.”

“And you believed him?”

“If I’m going to be his friend, I have to start by giving him the benefit of the doubt. Tell you what, bring all the ponies over for a dinner party this evening and I’ll bet him manners well be really improved by then. I’ll even get him to put the cottage back on the ground first.”
______________________________________________________________________________

After Discord got bored of the spinning cottage, Fluttershy sat the two of us down to talk.

“Now I want you two sit down for some family therapy.” She told us.

“Seriously.” We both said together.

“Oh yes. I think if you two just talk out your differences, you help build a proper father/son relationship.”

Discord laughed at this, “Oh come now, he doesn’t count as a son. I made him out of boredom. As I said I can get rid of him if I wanted to.”

“But, yet you don’t.”

“Only because that’ll put me back to stone.”

“I’m sure you don’t really mean that. Besides you didn’t tell Seth that he could decide to not play those games with you when he was turned to stone.”

“Yeah, that’s right.” I said, “You wanted to spend time with me didn’t you?”

Discord was silent for a second and said, “Okay maybe, but what does that matter?”

“It means that you do care about Seth, and I think you do see him as your son.”

“Well, even if I do, he doesn’t see me as a father.”

“Well, yes and no.” I tell him, “I do see you as my father, but you haven’t really done any fatherly things.”

“Kinda hard when I’m busy being a lawn ornament.”

“I know, but the reason why I’m giving you a chance is so that might finally know what it’s like to have a parent.”

Fluttershy smiled and said, “I think we’re getting somewhere. You two keep talking while I start up dinner.” She flew out as Discord turned to me.

“So, what do we do now? Play catch?” He asked.

“Do I look like I’m ten?” I ask.

“No, but even if you did you’d still look older than you really are.”

I then laughed a little bit and said, “I guess you’re right, but I’d rather be the way I am now. I can drink, I don’t have to got to school and I get to have some of Rainbow Dash’s sweet flank almost every night.”

“Please don’t make me imagine that.”


“Hey you made me imagine you with Celestia.”

“Actually we never had sex, and don’t blame me for your mind going to that, you pervert.”

We then both burst into laughter.
______________________________________________________________________________

That evening as the others came over to Fluttershy’s, she showed them all Discord’s progress, which I’ll admit, he actually seems to be doing well. Yet, they all still seemed hesitant.

We all sat down, me next to Rainbow, of coarse.

Fluttershy at the head of the table said, “As you all know, Princess Celestia hoped we’d help Discord use his magic for good instead of evil. Pinkie Pie care for some gravy?”

“You bet.” The pink mare responded.

“Allow me.” Discord said before he brought the gravy boat to life.

Pinkie thought it was cute, but Rainbow disagreed.

It then poured itself on her lap. “Hey! That’s hot!”

“Discord.” I said in a tone.

“Oops, I’m so sorry.” Discord claimed.

“He did that on purpose.” Rainbow accused.

Discord claimed it was an accident, and then made the candles dance.

Rainbow blew them out, “I’m not falling for that. Discord is trying to distract us...” The candles started hopping on her.

I levitated them off of her, melting them with a heat spell.

“Rainbow, can I talk to you for a second?” I ask her.

“What? Why?”

“Just come with me.”

The two of us walked into the other room closing the door behind us.

“Rainbow can you please try to be nice?” I asked her.

“Me?! Discord’s the one who attacked me with gravy and candles!”

“I know, and I’ll talk to him about that, but I just want you give him a chance.”

“Seth, he’s Dis bucking cord, nothing good can come from him!”
“What about me? Are you saying I’m not good? That I shouldn’t exist?!”

“What?! No, of course not.” She said hugging me, “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, it’s just weird that before now, you always said you didn’t care about Discord, but now you seem to be on his side.”

“No, I’m just trying to get him on our side. The Princess asked us to try to reform him, so she can use his magic for something, I don’t know what it is, but it may have something to do with that red mist that’s absorbing beings into itself. I mean Discord can do whatever he wants, he may be the only one who can stop this force.”

“I guess that makes sense, still I’m not just going to just be all open arm about this.”

“Please, just try to be nice to him, I mean like it or not he’s going to be your father-in-law, and from the time I spent with him, I’m really thinking we’re starting to bond a little bit.”

“Like I said, no promises.”

We came back to the table.

“Everything alright?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah.” Rainbow said, “As long as Discord doesn’t make any more “mistakes”.”

“The candles weren’t my fault, you just got them mad, and the Seth murdered them, and they were so cute.” Discord told her.

“There’s something fishy going on.” Twilight stated.

That’s when a fish shaped soup terrine started spitting on everypony.

“Discord?” Fluttershy asked.

“It’s hardly my fault that soup terrine finds the term “something fishy” to be offensive.” He said to defend himself.

“Not the dress! NOT THE DRESS!” Rarity screamed as she was spat on.

“That terrine is only doing what you’re making it do.” Applejack said, coldly.

“Now let’s not jump to any conclusions.” Fluttershy said to everypony.

“Fluttershy, can you see what he’s doing? He’s playing innocent with you, so you’ll never agree to use the Elements of Harmony against him.” Rainbow accused.

“Beautiful, now what did we just talk about?” I ask her.

“I know, but he’s clear still the same.”

“Well, now that’s a bit harsh, isn’t it?” Discord asked.

The terrine still continued, and Rainbow put a cover over it. “You see what I’m saying right guys?”

I didn’t know what to say, yes Discord is clearly controling this, but I don’t want to fail the Princess, and if my theory’s right, that fate of the world my be resting on his reformation.

“You know what I see?” Fluttershy asked, “I see that Discord’s far from perfect, but I also see no of you, but Seth giving him a chance.”

“What’s gotten into you? Why are you cutting so much slack?”

“Because that’s what friends do.”

“We’re friends?” Discord asked her.

“Why of course. I can’t remember my house being this lively before you came along.”

“Well, I never really had a friend before.”

“Well, now you do.”

“And you have a son.” I added trotting over to my creator.

“Seth?” I hear Rainbow asked.

“Well only as long as you want me to be your son, do you?”

Before Discord can answer Angel came in to try to tell us something, turns out that Sweet Apple Acres has flooded, thanks to a bunch of beavers.

We all stood aside as Fluttershy tried to talk with the beavers, nopony stood anywhere near me, and truthfully I almost felt like crying. Yeah, I know that’s not the macho thing to do, but I felt like I did over a year ago when Rainbow slapped me when they found to the truth about me. Sad, alone, nopony to tell me that I mean something to them. To make it worse, I’m starting to think that Discord hasn’t changed. That I’m still nothing to him.

“It’s no use, they won’t listen to a word I say.” Fluttershy explained.

“You see Discord is behind all this right?” Rainbow asked.

“Of course I do. Do you all think I’m a silly gullible fool?”

They all gave a nervous sounding answer.

“I just been trying to gain his friendship anyway I can. So he’d come to trust and listen to me.” Fluttershy explained.

“Hey there Fluttershy! You want a turn? The water’s great!” My creator exclaimed, while water skiing by.

“Time to see if it worked.”

Discord ran up to the land, “Fluttershy there you are, a sight for sore eyes.”

“As you can see, there’s a big mess down here at Sweet Apple Acres.”

“Oh yes, awful isn’t that?” He said drying himself off.

“It is awful, this is Applejack’s home and it’s being destroyed by innocent creature, who would never be acting this way if it weren’t for your reckless behavior. You need to fix this.”

“Well, yes. Very well. I will fix it, I only ask for one thing in return.”

“Yes?”

“I ask that you never use your Element of Harmony against me. As a sign of our friendship.”

Fluttershy turned to the others, who were all shaking their heads no. I just remained silent. She turned back to Discord and said, “I will never use my Element of Harmony against you.” She demonstrated this by taking it off, and throwing it to Spike.

“Excellent!” He exclaimed snapping his fingers, after a flash of light, all the water was frozen. “There much better! I prefer ice skating to water skiing. Don’t you?” He skated past three other hims, who all held up point cards with 10s on them.

“Discord!” Fluttershy shouted, “That’s not fixing it!” She ran right to him, “Why I otta..” She slide past him.

“Where you going? What’s wrong pal?”

“Don’t call me your pal!”

“Ohh come skating with me, and we’ll let bygones be bygones.” He spawned four skates and wave them in her face.

Spike slide over with the Element of Kindness, “Here you go Fluttershy, game on.”

“He fixes this or he goes back to being stone, Princess Celestia will understand.” Twilight added.

Fluttershy looked back and forth between the Element and the skates before speaking, “I made a promise not to use my element against him, and I’m going to keep it.” She took the skates.

Discord laughed, “You see, she wants to have fun with me because we’re friends. She can’t use the Elements against me because we’re friends. I’m free forever!” He laughed again.

“Not your friend!” Fluttershy shouted, throwing the skates.

“Who cares? I could do whatever I want, whenever I want. I’m Discord, the master of chaos! You think you can boss Discord around? You think I’m going to turn this back because you say so? Because if I don’t I’ll lose the one friend I ever had?” He then got a look of realization, then sadness on his face. “Huh, well played Fluttershy. Well played.” He sat atop a tree and turned it all back to normal.

The others rushed over to Fluttershy, but I just slowly trotted over to her, still kinda mad at myself. Rainbow noticed this and rubbed up against me as to tell me, “I’m not mad at you.”

Discord reappeared, “I like it better my way, but I guess when your friends you can’t have it exactly your way all the time.”
______________________________________________________________________________

The next day Princess Celestia arrived to pick up Discord. Discord walked up to her and said, “Yes Princess I’m ready to use magic for good instead of evil. Most of the time.”

“Congratulations on your success ponies, I definitely sense a big change in Discord.” She leaned over to Twilight and whispered something to her.

“You were right when you said Fluttershy would be the one to find a way to reform Discord. By treating Discord as a friend, she got him to realize that friendship was actually important to him, and something that once he had, he didn’t want to lose.” Twilight explained.

Fluttershy walked up to Discord and said, “Go on. Say it,”

“Alright, friendship is magic.” He then looked around for some reason.

“See he can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him.”

Shortly after they were about to leave, and Discord turned around and waved, “Goodbye everypony.” He then looked at me, “See you later son.”

I was surprised for a second that he actually called me his son, but I smiled and said, “Bye Dis... I mean... Bye Dad.”

Author's Note:

Woo! Longest chapter of this story ever!

If any of you where wondering, I really wanted to have Screwball in this chapter, but I couldn't find a place where she'd fit. So sorry for the lack of her.