• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

A Friend in Deed

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 16: A Friend in Deed

I have just finished putting the returned books back and I was making my way downstairs. As I was I started to hear the voice of Pinkie Pie.

“I just can’t believe it. Cranky said he would never, forever be my friend. It was horrible.”

Then Twilight spoke up. “I know this is hard for you Pinkie, seeing that you’re friends with everypony, but you’re just going to accept that Cranky is going to be an exception. He just doesn’t want to be bothered.”

“Yeah, he doesn’t want to be bothered by your over the top, super hyper antics.” Rainbow added.

"Rainbow!” Twilight shouted at her.

“No, no. It’s okay Twilight. I get what you’re saying, what you’re both saying. I guess I can leave Cranky alone. Right after he accepts my apology!” Pinkie said before walking out.

Twilight slammed her face into her book.

I was standing on the step above the one Rainbow was lying on. Not really sure if that’s really that comfortable, but she’s known to nap in trees sometimes so what do I know. Anyways I leaned down to give her a peek on the forehead. She looked up and smiled.

Suddenly a pink mare with a purple and white mane ran burst through the door.
“Congratulations Seth, I have some use for you again.” She said.

“Oh hi Screwball haven’t seen you in a while.” I said.

“Hey don’t blame me, Colgate keeps piling me with paper work.”

“Oh yeah, you’re her secretary. I forgot about that.”

“Anyways, as I said I need you’re help.”

“With what?”

“I heard you now a gem finding spell and I have to find some of these magically charmed stones that I can use for my armored suit.”

She then took a book out of one of her saddlebags and flipped it to a certain page with a picture of a flat circular gem.

“Sprit Stones?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Hmmmmm...I guess I could try to find this gem. I mean I’ve been practicing a locator spell so maybe I can use both to...” I said trying to do it when my horn started glowing. “Okay follow me.”
______________________________________________________________________________

We walked along the path that my horn was pointing me witch was through the Everfree Forest. We avoided a patch of poison joke, walked by Zecora’s hut and finally we made it to a huge cave.

“Is this it?” Screwball asked.

“Yup.” I answered.

“Okay let’s go in.”

We walked into the cave and I asked her “So if you’re building armor why do you need magic gems?”

“For flight and maybe pulse blast.”

“You sure that’s a good idea?”

“You can’t stop progress. Hey with the ideas I have I bet in ten years time I’ll be one of the riches ponies in Equestria. I mean where do you see yourself in ten years?”

“Married to a Wonderbolt.”

“You would say that.”

We got to the center of the cave to find a large pile of jewels.
“Okay Seth find the gems!” Screwball commanded

“Oh, so I’m you hunting dog now?”

“If you want to put it that way, yes.”

I rolled my eyes and went around the pile.
“I only found four.” I said levitating them to her.

“Oh that’s perfect.”

“Okay we should go now.”

“Why do you sound so nervous?”

“Well, cave plus pile of gems normally equals...”

“RRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHH!”

“...dragon.”

Seemingly on cue a fully grown green dragon came into the cave and look down at us.
“What are you doing in my cave?!” It said in a deep, very pissed voice.

“We’re taking a few gems for science. Huh, using magic for science I realize how weird that is.” Screwball answered.

It lowered it’s head down to her. “You think I’ll let you little ponies steal from me?”

Screwball got a devilish grin on her face and reached into her saddlebag.
“Yes, because...ACID!”
She threw a glass vile that shattered on the dragon’s face.

“RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!” It screamed in pain.

“Okay Seth lets go!” Screwball said.

“Huh?” I responded, dumbfounded by what just happened.

“Teleport us out of here you bastard!”

“Well, that’s some unnecessary rudeness.” I said smirking at her.

“Just do it!”

So with a flash of light we were at the edge of the forest.

“Thanks for you help Seth.” Screwball said walking off.

“Wait, I just want to know, why the hey did you have a vile of acid on you?”

“I have my reasons.”

She then walked away leaving me a little confused.

I went back to the library to see Rainbow, Twilight and Pinkie.
“Hey guys.” I said walking in.

“So Seth you find those gems?” Rainbow asked.

“Yeah, we stole them from a dragon, but still yeah.” I anwsered. Then I turned to Pinkie. “So did that Cranky guy forgive you?”

Pinkie got a smile on her face. “Sit down Sethy. Auntie Pinkie Pie is going to tell you a story.”
______________________________________________________________________________

“So he spent all this time looking for her...wow...Well I do understand. I mean if Rainbow disappered I’d do the same.”

Rainbow then nudged her head agenst my arm.
“You sound so sappy right how.” she said.

“But, I thought you liked it when I got sappy.” I said before kissing her.

She giggled. “Yeah I do. It’s sweet.”

“Thank you Rainbow.”