• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

Luna Eclipsed

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 2: Luna Eclipsed


I’ve spent most of the past week in the library reading up on magic. The subject interested me, but when I attempted some of the spells most of the time they didn’t turn out well. I’d usually end up with a splitting headache or something. I even did find the spell I was looking for, but Twilight told me that it was a very advanced and that it’s even a little difficult for her to perform it. I didn’t listen and tried anyways. I fond two rocks and tried to lift them up. A red aura formed around them and they rose in the air. Then, I focused on putting them together and I don’t know how, but I ended up passing out for about an hour. When I awoke I saw that it worked they were now one rock, but then I thought that if it took me that much energy just to do that building a house would be almost impossible. So I did what most other ponies would.
I said "Buck this." and continued to live outside. It’s not too bad, but it kinda sucks when the pegasi make it rain.

I was reading up on how to teleport when Spike came up to me.
“So, Seth what are you going as for Nightmare Night?”

I had no idea what he was talking about. “What’s Nightmare Night?”

Spike looked shocked at this. “How could you not know about Nightmare Night?! It’s one of the best holidays of the year!”

I just shrugged.

“Okay, okay. I’ll explain it to you.” And that he did. He told me of how ponies dress up in costumes and little foals go house to house for candy. I must say that when he told me that he was going as a dragon I facehoofed.

Twilight and Pinkie walked in just after spike finished explaining Nightmare Night to me. Twilight walked up to me and like Spike asked what I was dressing up as.

“Well, since I just learned what Nightmare Night is I don’t have much time to prepare.” I heard a gasp come from Pinkie.

“Oh my gosh! You’ve never ever, ever celebrated Nightmare Night?! First you don’t let me give you a welcoming party and now you’re going to miss out on your first Nightmare Night! How is it even possible that you’ve never hear of it? Didn’t you notice all the decorations that everypony have been setting up around town?”

I felt like an idiot for not noticing the other ponies in town getting ready. I started to walk out the library and said. “I don’t have the time or money now to get a costume. Maybe next year.”

I sat under a tree wondering if I should try to do something just to be part of the celebration. Then, Rainbow Dash seemed to have popped out of nowhere. I really need to be more observant of my surroundings.

“Hey Seth what...” I stopped her in mid-sentence

“If you’re going to ask what I’m going as for tomorrow I got nothing.”

She chuckled a bit. “I can’t say I’m surprised you’ve been doing nothing, but reading this past week. Even an egghead like Twilight isn’t that bad half the time.”

We both started to laugh a little bit. Then, I noticed that Rainbow was walking a little closer to me.
“You know, if you need something to wear I have a black robe from last year. It was kinda big on me so I’m sure it’ll fit you.”

“R-Really are you sure.”

She gave me a smile that told me “Of course.”
________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Nightmare Night , I had the robe that I was borrowing from Rainbow on. She was dressed as what she called a “Shadowbolt.” I don’t know, an evil version of a Wonderbolt that had something to do with when Nightmare Moon returned during the Summer Sun Celebration. Rainbow told me that this was the best night of the year for pranks. So when she asked me to join her on a pranking spree I didn’t hesitate to say yes. It mostly consisted of her scaring ponies by making lighting strikes from a small storm cloud she was riding on, but the reactions were always funny. It was kinda hard for me to keep up with her while she was flying, I felt a little embarrassed, but she didn’t seem to mind. After about an hour and a half we scared many of the ponies in town. We noticed that Twilight and Pinkie were in an alleyway with Princess Luna. Huh, I didn't know she was in town. Rainbow got right behind Princess Luna and tried the lightning trick, but she didn't even flinch. It did freak out Pinkie so it wasn't a total loss.

At the end of the night we sat together in the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.
"Oh by Celestia! Those had to be some of the best reactions ever!" Rainbow blurted out between laughs.

"Yeah. I had a really fun time hanging out with you tonight." I said smiling at her.

Rainbow jumped up. "Oh, There's Twilight. Let's get one more in for the night."

Rainbow slowly drifted on her cloud stalking her prey. As she was about to strike she got a taste of her own medicine, thanks to Princess Luna. Rainbow fled from the area. Since I didn't have a chance to talk to Twilight and Spike today I figured I'd say hello. Then, I realized that I'd also be talking to one of the Royal Sisters, who for any other pony would most likely be a little nervous just for that, but for me she, along with Princess Celestia, turned my creator in stone the first time around. Yet, I thought if I have no problem with Rainbow Dash and the others this shouldn't be too bad, right?

"Hey guys and greetings Princess." I said as I walked to them.

"Hi Seth." Twilight and Spike said in unison.

"Charmed." Luna gently said holding out her hoof. I didn't want to be rude so I shook it.

"So, how was hanging out with Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, fun. What did you guys do?"

"We helped Princess Luna here make friends with the ponies in town. Right Princess?"

Princess Luna gave a small grin. "Oh yes. It was most fun."

I didn't stay long much after I was really tired so I went back under my tree in the park and after only a few minutes I fell asleep.