• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 22: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

I was running late to get onto the train heading for Canterlot for the National Dessert Competition. Ironically because I had a dentist appointment. It turns out that even if your sister is Colgate’s secretary it won’t make the waiting any shorter for you. Back on track I got on to the train to met up with everypony, who were marveling over The Cake’s entry in the competition.

“And it’s sure to win first prize.” I heard Pinkie say as I stepped onto the train, only to have a griffin shove me out of his way. Yeah rude, right? He said something about his eclairs, but I didn’t pay attention.

“Donut Joe, what are you doing in Ponyville?” Twilight asked the Unicorn stallion boarding the train, who I noticed had a donut for a cutie mark.

“Picking up the final, all important, ingredient for my contest entry, Donutopia! And with these super sprinkles my donut are going to dunk all the other lossy deserts, steal first prize, and make my donut shop famous forever!” He then broke into a laugh.

“Wait do donuts even qualify?” I asked him.

“What do you mean?” He responded.

“Well, this is a deserts competition and I would consider donuts more of a breakfast, but that’s just me.”

“Silly Sethy deserts are great anytime. Have you ever had cupcakes for breakfast? They’re even better!” Pinkie said bouncing as usual.

I then heard another voice as a brown moose was being pushed in, but I had no bucking idea what it said.

“Hello. What’s your name?” Pinkie asked the fake moose as a donkey popped up from behind it and said, “I am Mulia Mild. Behold my chocolate mouse moose. I will trample all your treats. Making it first prize and making me the greatest chef in equestria.”

“It’s just a pun and a bunch of pudding.” I whispered to the others, who gave different reaction. Rainbow and Rarity nodded in agreement, Applejack gave a small smile, Twilight rolled her eyes and Fluttershy hind behind her mane.

The bakers started trash talking each other like this was a match in the Equestrian Wrestling Federation till Twilight stepped in.

“Well it sure looks like we’re in for a delicious competition tomorrow. Maybe we should all settle in for a good night’s sleep.” She suggested.

“But it’s daylight.” I pointed out only to be ignored.

“I gotta admit I’m pretty beat.” Rainbow said stretching.

“Yeah I’m going to hit the hay myself.” Applejack said walking towards the sleeping cars, only to be blocked by Pinkie.

“Wait! Didn’t you hear those chefs we have to protect MMMM.” She said pointing at the cake.

“MMMM?” Rarity repeated.

“Mm-Hm. I know for super sure MMMM is the best desert in Equestria, and I know that they know it too.”

“Soooo?” Rainbow asked.

“Soooooo, one for them is going to sabotage our cake tonight. You have to help me stand guard.”

“Pinkie you’re overreacting.” Twi said.

“Yeah, those chefs aren’t going to do your cake any harm.” Applejack added.

“But they are. I just know it.” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Fine, if you want to stand guard go for it. We’re going to bed.” Rainbow said flying over Pinkie.
Pinkie put her arms down and we followed Rainbow.
______________________________________________________________________________

I awoke to the sound for screaming and rushed over to where it was coming from.
“It’s the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness, it’s been mutilated!” Pinkie shouted getting a loud gasp in response.
“Now I just need to find out who done it.”

“You mean ‘who did it’.” Twilight corrected.

“Exactly, who did done doed it.”

“Well having read many mystery novels, I know that the only way to find out is to investigate.”

“Exactly.” Pinkie said putting on a detective’s hat and blowing from a bubble pipe. Both she got from who knows where. “And as chief detective that’s Exactly what I’m going to do.”

“Uh you’re investigating?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah!” Pinkie said putting a hat on Twi’s head. “And Twilight shall be my lonely assistant. Who asks silly questions with obvious answers.”

“Fine Pinkie should we start looking for clues?” Twi asked.

“Perfect silly question Twilight and the obvious answer is...”

“Yes?”

“No, because I know who did it.”

Twi shook her head and asked, “Pinkie how could you possibly know?”

“How could you possibly not know? Clearly this dastardly deed was done by the bakers. Who knew their deserts could not measure up to the mastery of the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness. I guess you feared your eclairs lacked flair Goston!”

Pinkie went about accusing the other bakers with wild stories with logically flaws that Twilight pointed out. After being proven wrong Pinkie started to question on why the other dishes weren’t eaten. Then we went through a tunnel and the two other deserts and one breakfast were also eaten.

“This mystery gets more mysterious every minute.” Pinkie said.

“Well, you have to stop wild accusations and get to the truth. Everypony go back to your cars while we do a little investigating.” Twi told us, but then an idea popped into my head.

“Wait, everypony I have an idea that can help us figure this out more quickly.” I said.

“What do you mean Seth?” Twi asked.

“Remember that spell I did to help Screwball get those Sprit Stones she wanted?”

“Yeah.”

“If I cast it on the cake I can figure out who did it. I mean you can clearly see that it’s been eaten so most likely it’s still in there digestive tracks.”

Twi hit her forehead. “Why didn’t I think of that.”

I did as I said I would. I cast the tracker spell on the cake and I saw a red glow around it. I turned around to everypony and saw the same glow around three mares.
“It was Fluttershy and Rarity.” I said.

“What?!” Pinkie shouted.

Fluttershy and Rarity walked up to her and apologized.
While nopony else was looking a gave Rainbow a wink letting her know that I knew she was just as guilty and I covered up for her, but she took this the wrong way and came clean.

“What?!” Rarity shouted walking up to me. “Let me guess you knew she did too and decided to through Fluttershy and I under the chariot. While keeping Rainbow Dash safe. How bias for you Seth.”

“Sorry” I said.

Rarity smiled and turned to Rainbow, “Well Rainbow Dash, I certainly say you programed you stallion very well.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”

During this Pinkie figured out that the other bakers ate each other’s creations, but after apologizing to each other everything seemed fine. Except the mostly eaten deserts and breakfast, but Pinkie had a idea. Which turned out to be to combining the scraps to make a super dessert. They ended up winning.

Pinkie ate the whole thing in one bite and I didn’t get to eat anything. Oh well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

I need some help with the next chapter. Does anyone know what the hay Applejack says after she's told that she'll be providing the catering for the wedding? No matter how many times I listen to that line I can't understand it.