• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

Hearts and Hooves Day

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 15: Hearts and Hooves Day

The training grounds echoed with the sound of metal clashing. Shining and I were sparing with our magically spawned weapons. His was broadsword and mine ended up being a rapier with a silver and purple handle. After several clashes of our weapons I pushed Shining down with my magic. While he was down I pointed my sword at his throat. He looked up and smiled.
“Nice job, you finally beat me.” He said getting up.

“Thanks.” I said.

“So I’d say your training is done.” He then gave me a salute, not to be rude I gave him one as well. “Congratulations on completing these spells and thank you for not being too difficult to work with.”

“It’s been a honor Captain.”

“Seth, I told you that we’re friends now so you don’t have to call me Captain.”

“Do you want the sign of respect or not?”

We then both laughed.

I was heading to my room when I saw Princess Celestia standing in the middle of the hallway. (Okay do I ever run into her anywhere other than a random hallways in the castle.)

“Afternoon Princess.” I said, bowing to her.

“Good afternoon Seth, so I heard you completed your training.”

“Yeah and one day before Hearts and Hooves Day too. So I’d say perfect timing there, but about the spells I learned, do you think they will be enough to stop Inferno? I mean you said you had to us the Elements of Harmony to defeat him before.”

Princess Celestia feel silent for a few seconds before answering me. “The thing is...we didn’t have to use the elements on him, Luna and I probably could have defeated him with out them.”

“Then why did you use them if he wasn’t that big a threat?”

“Oh he was a threat don’t get me wrong, but the story is longer than what I told you in the library back in Ponyville.”

“Care to explain?”

“Okay, but in the throne room please.”

So we got to the throne room. Princess Celestia sat down and began the story as she said she would.
______________________________________________________________________________

“All those years ago the Griffins and the Gargoyles were in a brutal war with each other. Inferno was the leader of the Gargoyle Nation at that time, as I said he committed several war crimes, mostly the killing of innocent civilians, but that was part of the reason we fought him. He claimed that he’d do the same to Equestria when the came here to say that to us personally.”

“So he’s not too bright is he?” I asked.

“Well, I wouldn’t say that. I think his idea was to toy with us psychologically, but it didn’t turn out well for him because as you know we used the Elements to defeat him.”

“You, still haven’t told me why because you said you could have done it without them. Was it to because it was the easiest way or something?”

“Not really...while he was here he made...an example of...somepony who was very...special to me.”

I got what she was saying as a tear rolled down her cheek

“So you used the elements out of anger? Kinda seems a little contradictory with the whole magic of friendship thing.”

“Yes I did...That’s why I hopped that he was killed.”

The Princess started to actually break down into tears. May I remind you this is Princess Celestia here. The most powerful pony and ruler of Equestria. Saying that it didn’t feel right is an understatement.

“I understand Princess, I mean if anything like that ever happened to Rainbow...I don’t know what would happen.” after I said that I got a quick flash of that evil-looking version of myself. It made me shudder a bit. “I’m sorry if I brought back any bad memories.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m okay...you can’t change the past...I’ve tried.”

“Wait, so what you tried time travel and failed.”

“No, but I was encountered by a brown earth pony who told me that changing that even could have a drastic effect...he also told me about you.”

“Wait what?!”

“He told me that he’s worked with you in the past or I guess in your case the future and how you’d take care of it.”

“Uhhh...this is all confusing me. So if you’ve been told about me then you did know who I was when you first meet me, that’s why I wasn’t arrested for being created by Discord, so wait does that mean you know the whole time about Discord and Inferno.”

“To answer you questions. Yes, kinda, and no for both of them.”

“What do you mean but kinda and no?”

“What I said before about you not being like Discord and being friends with Twilight and her friends mostly helped you there and by no I me he didn’t tell me that you were created by Discord, maybe he didn’t even know, and when he said that "Seth will take care of it." I didn’t know what he meant at that time.”

“So who’s this time traveling earth pony who told you about me?”

“He’s called The Doctor.”
______________________________________________________________________________

The next day I have just got off the train and I was now back in Ponyville. I started looking around for my favorite pegasus, but I ended up being tackled to the ground by a blue blur. Huh, that happens to me a lot now doesn’t it?

So I was on the ground in Rainbow’s embrace while she was digging her head into my chest.
“Welcome back Seth. I missed you.” She said.

“I missed you too Rainbow.” I responded, giving a small kiss. “Happy Hearts and Hooves Day.”

“Yeah, happy Hearts and Hooves day.”