• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,665 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,665

A Canterlot Wedding Part:1

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 23: A Canterlot Wedding Part:1

So the seven of us were having a nice picnic when Spike came running up to us, out of breath.
“Twi... Twi... I.... have *breath* let me just *breath* *breath*”
He then burped out a scroll that Twilight opened up and read aloud.

“Dear Twilight, I am sure you are as excited as I am for the upcoming wedding in Canterlot... Wedding? I will be presiding over the ceremonies, but would very much like you and you friends to help with the perpetration for this wonderful occasion. Fluttershy, I would like you and your songbird’s to provide the music.”

“Oh my goodness. What an honor.” Fluttershy said.

“Pinkie Pie, I can think of no one more qualified than you to host the reception.” Twi read.

“Yip, Yippy, Hooray!” Pinkie cheered while doing some flips.

“Applejack, you will be in charge of the catering for the reception.”

“Well color me pleased as punch.” Applejack said.

“Rainbow Dash, I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a Sonic Rainboom when the bride and groom complete their I dos.”

“Yes!” Rainbow exclaimed, flying up a little bit in joy.

“Rarity, you will be responsible for designing dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids.”

“Princess Celestia wants me to... wedding dress... for a Canterlot wedding.” Rarity babbled out before fainting.

“Seth.”
My ears perked up because I wasn’t expecting to be assigned something.
“Since you are a friend of the groom, I would like you to assist some of his other friends with the bachelor party.”

“I am? Sure I can do that.” I said.

“Lucky, I wanted to do that.” Spike grumbled.

“Do you even know what a bachelor party is?”

“No.”

“See. Besides even if you did, you would be too young anyways.”

“You’re younger than me!”

“Yes, but I’m not a kid.”

Twi continued with the letter.
“And as for you Twilight, you have the most important role of all. Making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Princess Celestia.”
Twi looked at the letter confused.
“But I don’t understand. Who’s getting married?”

“Oh wait. Uh, I was probably suppose to give you this one first.” Spike said.

Twi took the new note and read it.
“Princess Celestia cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and... *Gasp* My brother?!”

“Your brother’s getting married? Congratulations Twilight, that’s great news.” Applejack said.

“Yeah great news. That I just got from an invitation, not from my own brother, but from a piece of paper. Thanks a lot Shining Armor. I mean really. He couldn’t tell me personally?” Twi said before levitating a sandwich up and proceeded to speak with it using a voice that sounded nothing like Shining.
“Hey Twilight, just thought you should know I’m making this really big decision that changes everything. Oh never mind, you’ll hear about it when you get the invitation.” She put the sandwich down and spoke normally again.
“Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Who in the hoof is that?!”

“That’s Princess Cadence.” I said.

“What?!” Twilight shouted.

“Yeah the two of them were dating while I was at Canterlot and Shining told me that he was planning on proposing to her...”

“He told you?!”

“We’ll we were drunk at the time so maybe he didn’t remember telling me...”

“And you didn’t tell me?!”

“Uhh... Yes I did.”

“When?!”

“The day after I got back I told you all of this. So let me ask you this Twilight, did you just forget or did you ignore me?”

“Well it doesn’t matter if either you or the invitation told me, it should of been him. It’s just that Shining Armor and I always have been so close. He’s my BBBFF.”
We all looked at her confused.
“Big Brother Best Friend Forever.” She explained

“Oh.” We all responded.

“Before I came here to learn the importance of friendship, Shining Armor was the onlypony I ever accepted as a friend.”

Twi then broke into a sweet song. Okay singing at random moments is not uncommon for ponies, especially for Pinkie Pie, but I never have done it. Hell, I question where the hay the background music was coming from.

After it Applejack walked up to Twilight and said, “As one of your PFFs.”
None of us knew what that meant.
“Pony Friends Forever.” She explained.

“Oh.” The rest of us responded.

“I want to tell you that I think your brother sounds like a really good guy.”

“He is really special.” Twi said sitting down. “I mean they don’t just let anypony be Captain of the Royal Guard.”

Rarity ran up to Twilight and said, “Let me get this straight. We’re helping out with the wedding of not only a princess, but a captain of the Royal Guard?!”

“Yes we are.”

Rarity fainted again.
______________________________________________________________________________

We were on the train to Canterlot. Everypony seemed to be excited, except for Twilight. Who seemed to still be upset that Shining didn’t tell her about the wedding in person.

We got to Canterlot, passing through a giant force field, and we exited the train.

“Whoa what’s with all the guards?” Rainbow asked.

“I’m sure they’re just here to cation. Royal weddings do bring out the strangest ponies.” Rarity said.
Speaking of the strangest ponies Pinkie the sneezed out some streamers and confetti. I swear if everypony didn't know better they’d think Pinkie was the spawn of Discord instead of me.

“Well let’s get going. We got work to do.” Rarity then said.

“And you got a big brother to congratulate.” Applejack told Twilight.

“Yeah congratulate, and then give him a piece of my mind.” Twi said before walking off.
The rest of us exchanged looks of concern.

Note to self if Rainbow and I ever get married remember to tell Screwball. Hey if all sisters act like this I don’t to take my chances with her. She apparently carries veils of acid with her and I don’t want to look like some Batcolt villain.
______________________________________________________________________________

A while later I was at the training grounds. I heard about the threat against Canterlot and figured that I should try to practice my abilities more just incase of it being Inferno.

“So you’re Seth Disarmonia.” A voice from behind me said.
I turned to see two ponies in Royal Guard armor walking up to me. One a dark blue pegasus with a light purple mane and a golden arrow for a cutie mark. The other a grey unicorn, who had to be at least a foot taller than me. Who had a darker grey mane and a stone wall for a cutie mark. The pegasus extended his hoof out for me to shake.
“Hello, I am Light Arrow, greatest markspony in all of Equestria, and this is Steel.” The pegasus said.

“Hi.” said the unicorn in a voice so deep it would rival Big Mac’s.

“Uh, hi.” I said. “I’m...”

“We know who you are. Setali Depallaonigo whatever the rest of your name goes Disarmonia.” Light said.

“I think you mispronounced my name a little bit.” I said jokingly. “So who are you two exactly?”

“We are friends of Captain Shining Armor, we were told that you be helping us with the bachelor party.” Steel said.

“Oh come on Steel we don’t need help with the party. Everypony knows all you need for a bachelor party is booze and strippers. Or in other words we just go to The Magical Mare.” Light complained.

“You and I both know that you’re banned from that place after you...” Steel began to say before Light shoved his hoof on Steel’s mouth.

“You agreed that we would never speak of that again!” He shouted.

After that we chatted a little more and agreed to meet up at Shining’s place a little later.
______________________________________________________________________________

I joined the others to have a drink.
Twi walked up to the table and said, “Bet I can guess what you’re all thinking. Cadence is the absolutely worse bride to be ever.”
We all looked at her.

“Who me?” Spike said playing with a Cadence doll.

“Spike, that goes on the cake.” Applejack scolded.

“Twilight what ever are you talking about? Cadence is an absolute gem.” Rarity said

“Rarity, she was so demanding.” Twi said.

“Of coarse she was. Why shouldn’t she expect the best for her wedding day?”

Twi turned to Applejack and asked, “Applejack, did you know after she told you how much she just love, love, loved your orderves she threw them in the trash?”

“Oh she was probably trying to spare my feelings.” Applejack responded.

“No, she was just being fake and totally insincere.

We all looked at each other and Fluttershy said, “She did raise her voice at one of my birds during rehearsal.”
“See, rude.” Twilight said.

“But, he was singing a little off key.” She said bringing said bird from under the table. Who let out a loud screech.

Twi then went to Pinkie, who was too busy playing with dolls with Spike to answer her.

“Rainbow Dash you’re with me right?” Twi asked.

“Sorry Twi. Been too busy prepping for my Sonic Rainboom to pay my attention to the bride’s bad attitude.” Rainbow told her

“Please Seth, please tell me that you agree with me.” Twilight said to me.

“I haven’t seen Cadence at all today, but I talked with her a few times back during my training and truthfully she has to be one of the nicest ponies I ever met. So if what you’re saying is true then it probably is just premarital stress.”

Twi grunted and Rarity put a hoof on her shoulder.

“Seth’s right darling. The princess is about to get married. I’m sure any negative behavior she might be displaying is simply the result of nerves.”

“And I forward her as being an awful pony who doesn’t deserve to even know Shining Armor let alone marry him!” Twilight shouted.

“Think maybe you’re just being a tiny bit possessive of your brother?” Applejack asked.
The rest of us nodded in agreement.

“I am not being possessive and I am not taking it out on Cadence. You’re just all to caught up in your wedding planning to notice maybe there shouldn’t even be a wedding!” Twilight shouted slamming her hoof on the table, spilling all our drinks. She then walked away.
______________________________________________________________________________

About an hour later, I went to Shining’s place, meeting up with Light and Steel along the way. We walked in to see him rubbing his temples.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Oh hey guys just a small headache from the shield.” He said.

“Well if it’s bothering you maybe a bachelor party isn’t a good idea.” Steel said.

“What?!” Light shouted.

“Think about it. Shining has to keep up the shield and the consumption of alcohol can mess up a unicorn’s magic.” Steel explained.

“Psssh. You unicorns are lame. A little booze and you can’t do any of those fancy tricks of yours.”

“Well last time I checked pegasi aren’t aloud to fly while intoxicated.” I said smirking.

“Guys don’t worry the shield should be good till tomorrow afternoon. So let’s go.” Shining told us.

The four of us got to some bar and basically just sat down, drank and talked. I know not much of a party. Yet, at one point Shining and Steel were poking fun at Light for being the only single guy in the group, not to mention the only non-unicorn and the only pony who name doesn’t begin with the letter “S”, but that’s not important. Anyways Light got pissed and basically said he could get any mare he wants. What happened next was hilarious.

He stumbles over to a blue mare with a silver mane sitting at the bar. I don’t know what he said to her, but it couldn’t have been in good taste, because she punched him in the face and shouted, “A drunk such as yourself doesn’t deserve the company of The Great and Powerful Trixie!”
Shining, Steel and I started to laugh our flanks off.
______________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the night was kind of a blur. I kinda remember us deciding to play baseball in the training field for some reason, drunk off our flanks may I remind you. I also remember that despite the fact that Light calmed to be "the greatest markspony in all of Equestria” he could throw that ball for crap. The rest of the night is a complete blank, but I did wake up this morning with Rainbow’s arms wrapped tightly around me and she had a huge smile on her face. So I’d say it was a good night.

A little later Rainbow went with the others for the wedding rehearsal. I didn’t go because I’m not really needed there and besides it’s just the rehearsal. It’s not like anything interesting will happen.