• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,666 Views, 180 Comments

Spawn of Disharmony - KenSES64



Before he was defeated Discord created Seth. Now Seth is in Ponyville where he starts to become friends with the ones who defeated his creator, and even start developing feelings for one of them. A certain light blue pegasus.

  • ...
18
 180
 3,666

Secret of My Excess

Spawn of Disharmony

By: KenSES64

Chapter 8: Secret of My Excess

I was lying on the balcony just relaxing, I had nothing else to do so I was a little board. I know Twi was reshelving the books in the library, which I offered to help, but she told me that she can take care of it. I heard a familiar humming coming from the ground. I saw Rarity walking into the library. Nothing out of the ordinary, but when she came out I saw her levitating a book and a fire ruby.

“Hey, Isn’t that Spike’s.” I asked.

Rarity looked around for a few seconds before she saw me above.
“Oh you see, little Spiky-Wiky gave it to me. Isn’t that just so sweet of the little darling?”

“So he gave you a shiny rock? I bet he won’t be getting anything beyond a kiss on the cheek.”

“What was that last part darling?”

“Oh nothing.” Then I realized that now Spike didn’t have anything for his birthday dinner like he planned with the fire ruby, but then an idea popped into my head.
“Hey Rarity can I ask you a favor?”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was now in a barren area near Ponyville. I asked Rarity if she could tell me how I can do her gem finding spell and to my surprise, I was able to do it. Recently my magical abilities have been improving, they’re still slightly below average, but still improving. I went along the area looking for a decent replacement for Spike’s ruby that I can give him for his birthday next week, when I got to a big rock that was sticking right out of the ground. I could just feel that there was a nice find in there, but how am I going to get it out. I mean I did bring a shovel, but I’d say a pickaxe would be much better. Also that could take a while anyways. So how am I going to get it out quickly and easily. I got it! And it involves using my favorite pegasus.

“So what do you want me to do?” Rainbow asked following me to the rock

“I found a gem inside that rock that I want to give to Spike next week, but I want to get it quickly, so I want you to do a Sonic Rainboom so the shockwave will split the stone.”

“Ah, so you need my awesomeness.”

“Yes, unless you can find me somepony else that can do a Sonic Rainboom.”

“Nopony else can! Because nopony is as awesome as me!”

There was that confidence of her that I just loved. She flew up into the air and when she got to a point I could barely see her she flew back down at a 45 degree angle. I saw a mack cone forming around her and when she was about 20 feet from the ground she turned upwards at a 90 degree angle and causing a multi-colored shockwave. As I thought the rock cracked right in half showing an emerald that was in the shape of a pyramid.

“See I told you that nopony is as awesome as me!”

“And I didn’t disagree with you now did I?”

Rainbow looked down at her hooves and was quite for a few seconds. “No I guess you didn’t, thanks Seth.”

Thanks? For what? Calling her awesome?
“Oh, uh...your welcome and thank you for helping me.”

“Anytime.”

“Hey can you hold on to the emerald? I mean just in case so Spike won’t find it.”

“Oh okay.” She took it a flew away.

I was walking back to a library when I was called by a familiar voice.
“Hey Seth! Perfect timing!” Screwball called to me.
That made me remember that I agreed to do another test run for her. Not a big deal because I just assumed that it’ll end up like the other 7 I’ve done. Me just standing there with a propeller on my head. She put it on and told me what she tweaked, which to me was mostly technobabble. I could never understand her when she talked about this stuff. It was even worse when I introduced her to Twilight. Trust me when I say that a conversation between an expert on magic and an expert on technology is less interesting than it sounds.

She pressed the button and as I said I was expecting much, but boy I was wrong. I actually started to get lifted into the air, but I wasn’t to comfortable.

“Hey Ball?”

“Yeah?”

“This is kinda pulling on my neck.”

“Does it hurt?”

“A little.”

I turned it off and landed on my hooves. After that I took it off and hoofed it over to her.
“Hmmmm...That is a bit of a design flaw. Oh well back to the drawing board. Hmmm...maybe a full body suit.” She then walked away saying a bunch of technological stuff to herself. I continued on my way back to the library.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a week later on Spike’s birthday. It turned out that this was the first time Spike got gifts from somepony other than Twilight, who apparently always gives him a book. When he opened my gift he said nothing, but his eyes widened and his mouth began to water, so I think I did pretty well. I walked up to Rarity and jokingly asked her.
“Your not going to give him bedroom eyes to get this one too are you?”
She glared at me.
“I’m just kidding.”

Spike left when Pinkie told him that The Cakes had a treat for him. Everypony helped clean up and when we finished they all left. Even Twi left to go find Spike. I went onto the couch and this probably isn’t a shock, but I ended up falling asleep.

I was in some house I’ve never seen before. I walked to the outside to see the waves of the ocean hitting the shore. The water was glowing in the reflection of the orange sunset. It was truly a beautiful sight.

“Hey there.” said a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Rainbow Dash, but she looked a little different. Her mane was a little longer and overall she looked like she was about 5 years older than usual.

I saw that there was a bracelet around her left hoof that had a rainbow gem in it. Wow those things are super rare. Wait could that be what I think that is. I looked up at my horn to see a ring around it. Holy crap!

She wrapped her arms around the back of my neck and started to lean forward. Her mussel was starting to get really close to mine until they were only two inches away for each other.

And that’s when I woke up...Dammit!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________


So, the next day I woke up to see that Spike was twice his normal size.

“The hay? Am I still asleep?”

“No. I’m going to take Spike to the doctor to see what’s going on. Can you watch the place while we're gone?”

“Isn’t that my job?”

Twi took that as a yes and walked out with Spike. I then went on with my usual routine. I made my breakfast and ate it. Then, I just sat down with a book.

I was about 4 chapters in when Twilight ran in, levitating a broom and being chased by a 20 foot tall Spike shouting “Spike Want!”

“What the buck just happened?”

Twi was blocking a doorway with her body. “Spike is getting bigger because he’s being greedy.”

“How does that...”

CRASH!

“Oh no what now?” Twi said opening the door to reveal a dragon shaped hole in the wall.

Twi & I ran out.

“You follow Spike I’ll warn the townspony.” I suggested.

“I think they already know.”

“Oh, uh...I’ll think of something.” So I ran off trying to think of someway I could be helpful, I didn’t.

Sometime later a now giant Spike carrying Rarity in his tail ran past me. Rainbow and Fluttershy then flew up to him and did some sort of good cop/bad cop routine before they got caught in the cape Rarity was wearing. They fell into the river.

“Are you two okay?” I asked.

“We’re fine. Thanks for your concern.” Fluttershy responded.

Rainbow popped up. “Look! The Wonderbolts!”

The three pegasi flew around attacking Spike, yet the only damage they did was trimming some scales. Spike ended up trapping them inside the top of the town’s water tower.

Rarity started yelling at Spike, but since they were quite the distance away from us. All I heard was Rarity shout “This is a crime against fashion!”

I facehoofed. When I took my hoof off my face Spike was back to normal and falling with Rarity.

“Somepony do something!” Pinkie shouted falling on her back.

“On it!” Rainbow responded pulled Fluttershy with her. They grabbed the cape and rushed to save them from certain death. Thankfully they did and they lowered them down to safety.

“We did it! I can’t believe we did it!” Fluttershy gleefully cheered.

“All in a days work.” Rainbow added.

Rarity walked over to Spike looking over the destruction he caused.
“Spike I just have to tell you how absolutely proud I am of you.”

“Proud of me?”

“Yes, It was you who stopped...you from destroying Ponyville.”

“Well he still did a number on it.” I mumbled before being smacked in the back of the head by Twilight.

Rarity continued, “You’re my hero Spiky-Wiky.” She then kissed him on the cheek.

This reminded me of the dream I had yesterday and I looked at Rainbow and then turned my head away with my face feeling warmer. Twi seemed to be the onlypony to notice and she gave a small chuckle.

I realized something. If they were able to forgive Spike so easily for doing this, then
would they accept me if I told them my origins. I looked back at Ponyville in shambles. Now probably isn’t a good time.