• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 3,985 Views, 93 Comments

Ghost - FaelaArts



A ghost haunts Ponyville's streets, but why?

  • ...
11
 93
 3,985

Epilogue

Author's Note:

As requested, here you go.

Stretching, Twilight gave a yawn as she woke, and rose out of bed. She brushed her hair while half asleep, headed downstairs, and out the door. Walking through town, she approached the Sunset Teleporter, nodding in greeting to the unicorns on duty, and stepped inside. One short teleport later, she was in Canterlot, and on her way to the castle.

“Morning Princess Celestia, you called for me?” Bowing her head in greeting, Twilight followed Celestia as she led her toward a balcony overlooking the city.

“Has there been any word from Sunset Swirl since she faded into golden stars?” Celestia looked toward the rising sun, sipping her tea silently as she waited for Twilight to answer.

“Afraid not. I think she might have moved on.” Giving a sigh, Twilight put her cheek to the cold stone railing, enjoying its cold touch.

“I am sure she is happy, wherever she is, that you named the device in her honor,” commented Celestia, looking down with a sad smile.

“It was the least I could do, it WAS her invention in the first place. I hope she’s found peace, wherever she is...” Another sigh escaped Twilight’s lips.

“I’m sure she has.”


“And that’s BINGO! Man Sunset, you’re on a ROLL tonight.” Being elbowed by her husband, Sunset gave him a nervous look, noticing the glare Starlight was giving her.

“Oh ignore her, if she wanted me she shouldn’t have used forbidden magic. She can go buck an apple tree for all I care,” he spoke upon noticing her gaze. Looking back to him, Sunset gave a soft smile, and closed her eyes, breathing out.

“If anything, she did me a favor. I had you waiting for my return, all these years. I’m sorry it took so long.” Looking up, Sunset felt the warmth in her heart, staring into his lovely hazelnut eyes.

“Honey, you are a mare worth waiting for, every time.”

Comments ( 11 )

Better without the epilogue.

7239845 People wanted it.

Wow...:facehoof:

I am not trying to sound mean or anything, but honestly as an author can you seriously look at this epilogue and say that you tried?

It looks and feels as if you just said "eh screw it, they want an epilogue, then fine here...".

I get that you were trying for a mysterious ending, but ending a story right after a major battle is way too abrupt...it is quite jarring in fact.

Imagine if Star Wars ended right after the death star blew up...just boom!...then roll credits.

Would that not leave you sitting there thinking, " wait, that's it!?".

That is the reason your fans asked for an epilogue...they simply wanted you to finish an awesome story.

Instead it seems like you took it as an insult, and this "epilogue" is the result.

7240255 Look, I have a very important assignment due this week, and I did not want to leave people waiting 7 days just to hear me say 'she went to the afterlife, life went on'. What more am I supposed to say? The only thing that would be different if I HAD time to make it longer is a section for each of the characters, not just Twilight. But the message would have remained the same.

There was no insult to it, I just don't see the reason for an Epilogue when what comes next can be described in one sentence.:applejackunsure:

7241353 I understand you have a life outside of this, and I applaud that I really do. Your studies should come first.

I don't think your fans would have minded waiting for a more in depth epilogue.

Yes you could "sum up" the epilogue that way, but as an author you are meant to describe...as you said you could have described all the different ponies that nopony has touched...what were their thoughts and feelings now that nopony was finally saved.

I could sum up any story with "stuff happened then they lived happily ever after", but that does not truly make a story.

I am not telling you what to write of course. Like I said your real life should always come first.

I am only giving you feed back as to why your fans would have felt that the ending was not really and ending, and to why this epilogue feels like a rough sketch or outline rather than a full fledged epilogue.

I am not trying to upset you, and I really do like your work.:twilightsmile:

7241649 Alright, understood. When I get time I will update with a more detailed epilogue.

That was kinda.... short?
Not to sound rude but... This epilogue was a bit dissapointing.
It was good don't get me wrong. But I am still dissapointet that it was this short.

...I liked the epilogue. Didn't really need much frankly.

7240255 there's my version with still a bit fo running time?:twilightblush:

I say this epilogue is perfectly fine.
It's rare, but this is a case of 'less is more'.

Login or register to comment