• Published 25th Dec 2014
  • 15,677 Views, 475 Comments

Help! I'm not a changeling! - Ashardu



Well, this is new. A new body, a new life, a new beginning. It would be great if I didn't have to realize that this new beginning is going to be the end of me. Oh boy.

  • ...
58
 475
 15,677

5: Why do I have to deal with this?

Help! I'm not a changeling!
Chapter 5: "Why do I have to deal with this?"
Edited by ShadowBeat. Let's do this!


Entering the prestigious and so famous magic school that Ivy made me enter, my thoughts were slowly drifting through my mind without any kind of break of the sort. How was I going to handle this? Will it be good? Was I going to meet bullies again? Did I pack my jalapeño spray? Those and many other thoughts crossed my consciousness. I could just hope things were going for the best...

Wondering how was I gonna survive this former experience, I continued walking through the main entrance, my eyes darting everywhere in curiosity. The school... didn't look so different from others Sebastian and I went through. It had the same aura of teaching somehow. Even if it was filled with a species not so different from horses, capable of thinking like we do. It's a little concerning up to this day, though. Even more due to the bug looking appearance.

At the entrance, I found myself in the room that the entrance lead to, where the furniture was lacking by default. Literally. Only a counter was found inside. Some pictures that were showing images of Chrysalis-- and other changelings that must have been important, I supposed-- were hanging from the walls, but that is just about it. I honestly expected to find several trophies placed in glass-made decoratives just to show them off to wanderers or the local population, just like any school would usually do. I was clearly mistaken. Then again, this isn't a normal school. It's a CHANGELING school. And from what I deduced, changeling must be frowned upon others. The invasion issue I overheard must be the reason.

Perhaps I was wrong again, but a gut feeling told me otherwise. Sometimes, it is better to follow your instincts than listen to your head, but my lack of knowledge made it harder to choose which one to roll with. I'll focus on that later. Once I gained more information regarding the changelings, then I shall have an answer. Until that happens, whether changelings are hated or not, is unanswered.

Ignoring several questions without conclusions, I promptly headed to the counter where I expected a changeling to help me out in any doubt my head could possess. A tour or something similar would help...... Empty. Hmm, strange. With 'Curious Mode' equipped as predetermined status, I leaned over the counter and searched for any source of life under it. Just like before. There wasn't somepony there.

..... Did I seriously use the expression somepony? One day here and I'm already used colloquialism from another world? I must be more weak-minded than I originally thought... I have to be stronger!

"Weird," I said, merely starting an outer dialogue with my own self, "Who leaves a counter here and have no one to attend anyone who enters?"

Leaving the soulless spot, I solemnly backed away and headed to a nearby door, leading to the left hallway. Soon enough, I found myself in the left area of the school where black and aurora colors were displayed on the wall's surface. The floor had several silver plates tiles addressed in a square formation, and despite lacking a few amount of doors, each path to every room had a... unique style to say the least. I couldn't describe it, but it felt powerful and imposing to anyone who stood in front of them. My mouth went wide open and my mind screamed like a little girl at the display of such beautiful architecture. Threatening, but beautiful.

"Wha... this place... it looks amazing!" I spoke to myself once more, shoving aside any concerned thoughts about the location, "The badlands may not be the greatest place there is, but this school looks incredible! I need to speak with the designer! Maybe I can get an autograph or a small talk!"

But a little birdie told me it wouldn't happen. He or she may be dead by now. Which reminds me, how old is the territory I'm currently living? A hundred years? Five perhaps? More? And how old is the Queen of the Badlands? I may never know.... or I could just ask her personally. Even if asking a lady her age is a crime against the man code.

But that was out of the window ever since she opened her mouth. I shall regret nothing.

Touring through the school's left hallway, I eventually came to a double open door that showed an open field with several dolls-- or action figures according to others-- sprayed all over the area, with a few burnt marks nearby a few dolls. The place itself looked like a battlefield, even though it just might be a training ground.

My instincts decided to show up again and recommended me not to go out there, knowing there was a great and possible chance of danger out there in the fields. But alas, my curiosity got the best of me. Again. I perfectly knew something was odd and yet I decided to risk it, playing with the opportunities of something happening to me. Then again, I'm kind expecting any kind of surprise up to this point, much to my dismay.

"... So I have a deadly looking location with possible death traps around every corner in front of me, with no certain possibility that I will remain unharmed... should I stay here or should- Aw, screw it,"

I walked out to the war zone looking field and approached the dolls (THEY ARE ACTION FIGURES!) and inspected them with interest. Little did I know about the shadows watching from afar. The training dolls had several stabs at the chest and exposed areas of the pony armored shaped doll, not forgetting to mention that those holes seemed to be coming from daggers and other sharp tools. Deducing little by little small things out of them, I realized that the dolls I'm currently standing in front of, were recently used, taking note of small hay coming out of the possibly recent hit. Also, the nearby burnt marks were giving a small trail of smoke right in the middle of the blast location.

Well, I must be either crazy or really, REALLY brave to be standing in a battlefield looking zone with possible assassins on the loose. Well, no, they aren't assassins to their own species-- I HOPE--, but it is pretty reckless to be here right now. I must find an officer or someone in charge of the school.

I thanked God that the victim of those twisted cuts and deep thrusts was a doll and not a living being. Especially me. Would you imagine having a metal sharp object being plunged deep into you, injuring several vital organs? Just the single thought of bleeding out by a singular thrust or swing, knowing your life came to an end by a single action? I certainly hope I don't end up like that.

"Well, that must have hurt," I said, talking to myself once again, "Not that they feel it though,"

Drifting from place to another, I couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching from afar. A being following my every move, stalking me as if this was some kind of prey and predator game, with me being the helpless and unaware prey.

A part of me told me that it was my personal guard, hindering in the shadows and observing any anomaly that might harm me. Which it is perfectly comprehensible, considering that is their job after all. The other part of me, however, told me to shift from Curious to Fight-or-Flight stage, for such thing was not the case. Both parts have several evidences backing up their superstition, as likely as they were. One of those feelings could lead up to different endings, where some don't turn out to be quite happy for me or anyone.

Yet, the hard part wasn't choosing. Quite the contrary, I could easily choose one of both and get over it. No no, the hard part was something else. It was deciding which one was right.

Ivy told me from the very end of the first day that an escort-- or protection crew as I would like to call it-- would overwatch me from the shadows, looking at every move that could harm me in any sort of way. And I could easily make good use of it, seeing how I can't even cast the most simple of spells, even if I knew which one was the easiest. But there is no proof up to this point that they would actually protect me. Any flaw in their protection and I'm done for. It's not that I don't trust them, I somehow do, but it's my paranoia sense that corrupts that new sense of security Ivy told me about. As useless as it seems to worry about my safety for now, I knew I couldn't let my guard down. After all, from what I heard, the weak are pushed around like little bugs.

And I ain't a little bug. Even if I have insect looking legs...

... and eyes with no pupils...

... and fangs...

... and being shorter than the queen...

... and having clipped wings that somehow manage to fly...

... and a weird looking tail...

... Okay, you know what? Screw it. I am a little bug. There is no point in denying it. But I WILL, stab someone with my horn. One of these days.

I just have to wait.

Suddenly, whilst getting all pumped during my inner dialogue, a group of shadows popped out of several corners and flew high into the air, heading towards my position at high speed. I barely had time to react as a being crashed towards me and held me tight to the ground with one of their extensions. I struggled to break free, but it was all in vain, for the predator proved to be stronger than me.

Dust covered my sight and I managed to see figures surrounding my location with deadly looking eyes. Not knowing what was going on, my anger slowly began to rise as my desperate attempt to break from their grasp seemed futile every time.

And just like that, I felt a power surge I never felt before. A source of power that I never thought I would be feeling nor I knew existed. Almost as if something within me awakened from very, VERY long sleep. My front and back legs began to burn up, feeling a strange source flowing through my body with fierce rushes. As unsettling as I may have felt it, I embraced the new feeling and soon, my impotence became something strong. Not sure what it was, but it felt really powerful. Of all things that I have experienced in my life, this is nothing compared to them.

But the brand new feeling and experience came to an abrupt end as a hoof collided next to my head, smashing with the concrete and making me snap from whatever was holding me. Of course, this led to another set of questions to this new event. But that is useless for the time being. Right now, I think I'm been held down by another changeling.

"Good job, Spark!" said a distant voice, giving away a very distinctive sound that couldn't be classified as male or female. Ignoring the unknown voice at the distance, I stared at my pining-down opponent and inspected the changeling.

A typical changeling from what I can already deduce, still owning those cyan eyes as everyone I've met so far save a few. The horn and the wings were basically the same, despite the difference between me and... it. I don't know what gender it is. The fella hasn't spoken a word yet. The hair... well, at first hand, it looked like the changeling was bald, but a small glimpse towards the back of the head revealed a pack-a-punch of hair, pointing towards the damp sky while still looking down.

Nothing special about the changeling. By the looks of it, the fella seemed to be a gifted student, seeing how he pinned me down much faster than others and much more easily than I admit to.

The changeling, more known as Spark, stared deep into my eyes, squinting them almost as if he witnessed me as a foreign thing. I don't deny it either.

"Who are you?" Spark finally said, not removing the hoof thrusted hard enough on my neck, "A changeling from this hive would have sensed our warning... yet you didn't answer. That means you aren't from this hive. So let me ask you again, who are you?"

The voice.... still not sure if Spark is he or she. Unisex just like the other voice. I'll go with a He. But enough about investigations. Time to finally do something else other than analyze.

"You know...guh... that is a bad way- UGH! To treat guests- stop pushing your hoof on my neck! It hurts you prick!"

"Spark!" said the previous voice, holding a commanding tone towards the changeling, "Remove yourself from the guest,"

The changeling didn't question the voice's orders and did as told. With Spark finally off my neck, I placed my right hoof over it and began taking large amounts of breaths, making sure nothing was damaged despite the little effort or pression held against my neck just a few moments ago. Shortly afterwards, I rubbed my neck once again to relieve some of the recently caused pain. Once I knew nothing was out of place nor stinging, I placed a hoof next to me and stood up, dusting the dirt off my black coat with my free hoof.

"Good," the teacher said, nodding his head once, "Now head back to class, all of you. I require some privacy with the new changeling,"

Not missing a single beat, Spark and the rest of the class retired from the field, entering from the west wing of the school. Once they were out of sight that meant me and the instructor were alone. Well, if you ignore my supposedly protective guard from the shadows.

"Thank you," I said, while shaking my body, "I rather have my neck in its place,"

The pain had subsided and I no longer had any disturbance in my body. At least, for the time being. A sigh escaped from me and I relaxed all of my muscles. Then I took a glance at the instructor.

Upon first glance, he looks a lot like Spark. Black skin, blue, pupil-lacking eyes, fangs and everything besides the obvious characteristics of a normal changeling. However, this particular changeling held several scars all over the body, moving from the face to all over the body. With so little information about it, I can already tell this changeling is a war veteran. The eyes had little outlines under them that shouted ' older' or 'more aged'. One of the ears had a piece of the tip ripped off; chewed to be precise. His silver hair seemed like a cobra, starting from the back of the head to the neck.

Another odd feature from the changeling is the broken horn. Sure, it's still the same size and shape, but it has several cracks on it, almost as if somepony either kicked or smashed it with a huge force. I suppose the horn it's not exactly the most resilient part of this body. The carapace had cracks as well, but deeper. And last but not least, his right eye. How I did not notice before, beats me, but let me tell you one thing. The changeling has a black, dead right eye with a huge scar in a vertical position. Whatever attacked this fella must have been really powerful, or big enough to leave a mark like that. Could it have been the same beast that damaged his horn? Too many variables for that answer. I better not ask as well, I don't wanna make this fella uncomfortable or annoyed.

"No problem," the changeling said, holding a genuine smile on the being's lips, "Good to see a new face around,"

"Yeah, likewise,"

"In any case, I'm sorry for the drawback, but they needed to use this moment to test their silent skills," the teacher said, not only making me frown, but making me wonder where the heck were my guards doing right now, "But then again, I apologize for the sudden attack,"

On one side, I right down upset he used me as a ragdoll for their petty exercises, rather welcoming me with big, wide arms and say, "Welcome to the Changeling school! Where we train changeling for all your headcanon excuses!", but I think he has a valid point. After all, experience is the best teacher of them all.

"It's okay," I said, shaking my head like a dog would have done, for better or for worse, "I suppose I need to be more alert,"

"ATTA BOY!"

"OW!"

Did he just slap me in the back of the head!?

"What was that for?!" I said, raising my voice altogether. The changeling just looked at me with curiosity, almost as if he didn't understand.

"What do you mean?"

"I.... You just- But-" I groaned and hung my head low, "Nevermind..."

It was pretty obvious that the fella right next to me didn't know I'm not used to this kind of treatments, mostly because, once again, I'm a human. I believe these changelings are used to rough affection, just like siblings I knew back home. From I recalled, they did almost everything together. Tackling, yelling, slaps, physical abuse, you name it. But it was their form to show caring for others. Still kind of brutal if you ask me, but they seem to enjoy it in the end.

I'm just glad Sebastian and I didn't get along like that.

In any case, I should probably get starting to make some friends here, and learning their names. I rather avoid calling one of them by the opposite gender and gain silly nicknames for my ignorance. That, and the fact that one of them might punch me in the face if I do manage to call them in a way I suppose they wouldn't like to.

"Hey colt," I turned my attention to the changeling nearby, which happened to be rubbing the back of its head, "Sorry for the rough welcome. I supposed we got carried away, for the new-face-and-important-guest and all that,"

Well, at least it apologized, "... Okay, apology accepted,"

"GREAT!" The changeling merely received my offer and it is already glomping towards me!? Oh god, here it comes!

I closed my eyes and turned away, embracing myself for the impact. I don't know much about this dude-- dudette?--, but I know one thing so far. This changeling likes it rough.

.... If someone, anyone out there, who ends up reading this, thinks or imagines lewd thoughts about my previous sentence, you disgust me.

.... Why aren't I on the floor yet?

Opening an eye, I noticed no pony was in front of me, leaving with a very confused look. My gaze was kept in front of me, expecting something to happen. Nothing. I dropped my fight-flight mode and blinked a couple of times. What just happened? was my primary question, as well as Am I dreaming, dead, or both?

Thinking for a bit, I accepted the fact that no one was in front of me, whether I was merely delusional or not. I would have probably moved on if it weren't for the groan I heard behind me. Looking back, I noticed that the instructor was upside down, tied to something like a statue.

Approaching the being, it noticed me and shook its head, "Hey colt,"

"Um, hey... uh..."

"Drive, name's Drive," Drive, huh? I assume it must be he.

"Well then, Drive.... are you okay? Do you.... need any help?" I asked even though I couldn't do much for him.

"Nah... I'm fine, just give me a minute and I'll be back in top form," I nodded and backed away, moving next to him and sitting on the floor. A small amount of time went by and soon enough, I found out the Drive got back his fee- hooves.

"Thanks for waiting, colt," he said, dusting off his left hoof and coughing a little, "But you could have told me you had the Silent Sword as your personal guards, you know?"

"Wha? What do you mean?" This gained a dumbfounded expression from Drive.

"... Okay colt, I may be old and everything, but I'm not dumb," Drive remarked, making me wonder what he meant, "Your guards were the ones who did that to me,"

WHAT? "Huh!? They did?" I didn't even see nor hear them!

I bartered my view from Drive and looked around the notorious field, hoping to find any trace of my guards. Yet, I saw none of them. Did they just....

"Yes. I mean," he pointed to himself, "I don't exactly like getting hurt or thrown like that,"

".... wow. I'm a little bit speechless right now," I said, scratching my cyan hair with a gentle touch, "So they weren't being lazy!"

.... OW. "Ow! Again! What the heck! What hit me!?" Turning around, I tried detecting the source of the hit, only to find a rock laying underneath me. I stared at the rock, trying to think if it was my imagination. Inspecting upon a closer look, I analyzed the rock, only to find burnt mark at one edge of it. Rocking my head back and forth, I constantly looked from the rock to the direction it came from. What intrigued the most is that the place where it came from, there are very little options where to hide; even slimmer chances to hide the magic used after that event. Just who are the Silent Swords?

"Hehehehe," laughed Drive, earning a slightly annoyed frown from me, "Looks like they don't appreciate your comment,"

"Oh very funny," I said, returning to my original position and closing my eyes, "Please stop it, I can't stop laughing,"

"Easy colt, no hard feelings-"

"Fire,"

"What?"

"Fire, my name is Fire," I turned towards him, with my eyes open, and faintly smiled, "You gave me your name, so it's fair for me to give you mine,"

"Oh," he said, smiling as well, "Nice to meet you Fire,"

"Likewise," I looked away from an instant trying to keep my thought as thought only, "Even though my name could use some more work,"

"So... anyways. Now we are done with the introductions, I'll skip to the good part," he coughed, while holding a hoof in front of his mouth, "Welcome aboard Fire. Nice to have a new friendly changeling with us,"

"Thanks, really,"

"Great, now let's head in," Drive pointed out, as I watched him walk towards the school, "I don't want nor need to keep the others waiting more than I should,"

Getting up, I nodded and followed him, "Okay then, lead the way,"

Maybe this is not going to be as bad as I thought...


Okay, so this didn't turn as bad I thought it would be. That's great, right?

No, absolutely not. This is even more uncomfortable than I thought. Remember when I said I was an awful liar? Well, this is where it kicks in.

"Who are you?"

"Where do you come from?"

"You have pretty hair!"

"Why are your eyes green?"

"Ha! No0b. U gOt shr3ked!"

"Woah, awesome chest scar!"

"Am I the only one who isn't drooling over him? No?"

No one told these young changelings about personal space, did they?

So, yeah, this is how things are right now. Drive, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying this. With his wicked grin-- which could be a mocking smile too-- that he is showing right now, I would say he doesn't seem see this very often.

This is not funny.

I have at least 8 changelings sticking up to me like a fly would to a light. I wouldn't mind if they were instead super models, but not everything is made of candy and sweets. I just have to tolerate them for the mean time. The others are just watching, silently chuckling at the sight. In this very moment, I don't feel like a student-- I rather use the term foreign student, thank you!--, but more of an outsider.

Sé que soy apuesto, pero esto se pasa! (I know I'm good looking, but this crosses the line!)

If this is how I'm going to go through this whole experience, I might not last long. Oh, no. I don't mean it in the Life or Death way. I mean as in How long can I last until I lose my head~?

While they seemed to be studying the same thing I'm going to, they are slightly shorter in almost everything. From the fangs to the whole body. Not so small, but notable in the end. Is this what older persons felt like when they weren't in the right age of studying thanks to the younger students next to him or her? An outsider? Ugh, it feels weird.

Don't forget though, I am a completely different species inside the body of a native, not to mention in a foreign land. On the other hand, I haven't lost a single year of school before. Would you imagine that feeling? Ugh, must be horrible. Good thing my parents weren't carefree during our school years.

Mamá y Papá... Je, que gente tan increible... (Mom and Dad... Heh, such amazing persons...)

My folks may not have been the brightest of them all, but they weren't, by any means, dumb people. They were always trying to help us grow, become a better child which it would later lead to a talented person with great ambitions, but having their feet solely planted on the ground. Can't risk ourselves dreaming all the time without knowing where are we standing in the first place, right? I will deeply appreciate their help and cherish their lessons as long as I live.

.... Man, now it is not the time to shed tears...

Anyhow, returning to the main part, I never a lost a year of school. I would probably never forgive myself if I did, but there were certain times were things tended to.... get out of control to say the least. Fortunately for me, Sebastian was right there for me! Good times...

Sadly, things never were that easy. Soon, an unfortunate event came along and... well, I think the result is pretty obvious to this point. Still, what did they do to deserve that fate? More importantly, why? So many questions and so little time to spare. Darn it all.

We all live a different story. Whether we want to end it as a good or bad ending, that's up to us.

Back to the group hug!

"Okay, okay, that is enough young ones," Drive said, finally reacting to his senses, "The poor changeling needs some deserved space, don't you think?"

As soon as he said that, the group backed away, leaving me enough room for clear movement. Sitting in their respective places, Drive motioned me to follow him, which I did without hesitation nor hurry. I stood in the front of the class, facing the same group of faces that were clinging to me a moment ago. Counting them all, I managed to add up to 11 changelings, leaving 4 seats empty for me to choose. Wow, these class sure are packed with students, aren't they?

Looking directly at my new classmates' sight, I somehow managed to cringe at them. Their stares were deep; piercing if possible. Almost as if they were trying to figure out what was I doing here, or where I come from. Ivy wasn't kidding about the whole stronger-survival rule. Their stares can strike without mercy. At least, most of them. One unique changeling, standing out as the last, and lonely child in the back of the room, kept away its face from me. Could it be that it was shy?

"Listen up class," Drive used his commanding voice once again, reigning over the delightfully curious children staring at him, "From today and onwards until further notice, we will be having our guest right here as part of our class. Am I clear?"

"YES!" said everyone in unison. It actually reminds me of school back when I was a little brat.

"Excellent," he replied, motioning a hoof towards me and holding kind smile, "Now, please, tell us more about yourself,"

"M-More about me?" I asked, feeling nervous about the situation, "Such things as...?"

"Well, unless you are hiding something that could change the whole world," I internally flinched at his remark, despite knowing he was joking, "I don't believe there should be anything else. That is if you are ACTUALLY hiding something,"

"No, absolutely not! Why would I be lying to you?" Oh god, have mercy on me. No es mi intencion mentirse de esta manera. ('It's not my intention to lie like this,')

"There are several reasons, some of which we might actually never know, for better or worse," he said, earning from me a sweating-bullets face. Oh god, I'm so boned. I'm super Jamon'ed! ".... but after that talk we had back there, I don't think there should be any doubt for us to believe you are here to harm any of us. Even if you tried, there would be no possibility of any harm further than training, to either us or you, to be executed,"

Wow. Did he really... is Drive really that trustful, or simply afraid of this Silent Sword thingy? Whatever case it is, I think I should at least thank him for dropping a vote of confidence in me. However, even if he does trust me, that doesn't really mean he is being completely honest about this. Sebastian would have detected if this guy was lying or not, but not before screaming like a little girl after seeing a bug lookalike.

But, on the other hand, the students seemed to be impressed by something. Various whispers and mixed stares from them gave away that impression. My assumption would be the recent speech, but something tells me it is more than that. Hmmm, Spark seems to be unimpressed. No surprise. Ignoring that particular changeling, I diverted my attention to Drive and spoke once again.

"I, uh... Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence, Drive. I really have no words.... literally," I replied. This seemed to ease Drive as he returned my answer with a happy nod. He fixed his gaze on me and signalled to introduce myself, which I understood a few seconds later.

"Uh, yeah! Right away," I whispered.

The whole introduction thingy back in middle-school.... Well, I suppose some things don't change, whether it is in an alternate world or home. Recalling back to my younger days, I remember that you had not only to say your name, but also state your age and the location where you transferred from. The sad thing is, this is not home. Am I supposed to explain things the same way or not?

"Ok Maurice, keep it cool, this is nothing new to you... except this is not home and you aren't a human anymore.... not to mention- No! Enough of that!" I thought, closing my eyes and allowing my body to relax from my new found pressure, "You just have to tell three simple things! Name, age and previous school! You have done this several times back you were a kid, so it shouldn't be that hard! YOU CAN DO THIS! ....right?"

Opening my eyes, I practically felt like a brat again, seeing how everyone was staring at me with curiosity. "Carajo! Panico escenico! NO bueno! NO BUENO! 'Darn it! Stage Fright! NO good! NO GOOD!' "

Everypony- ... You know, I don't care if I use pony references anymore. Everypony in the room could obviously see that I was struggling with something. Even if they didn't what was going through my brain at the moment, they knew something was clearly wrong. It may seem weak or foolish to freeze at a time like this, but my consciousness couldn't berate anymore the idea of a new found world with a species completely different from mine, not to mention losing everything I knew or cared about. It seemed my mind couldn't take any more information, and this was my limit. I dropped my head low until it was looking at the ground, with small tears coming out of the edges of my eyes. Not knowing what else to do, I closed my eyes once again and tried enduring the sudden attack as long as possible.

I was about to collapse from the whole pressure until I felt a hoof touch my right leg. I didn't dare to open my eyes for whatever reason I had during that moment, but a voice changed that.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to endure anything as long as we are here,"

Drive. Hearing his voice, despite being a complete stranger, allowed my whole entity to relax until my status was back to normal. Once I was capable of opening my eyes again, I raised my head and looked at him. While he gave me the most reassuring smile he could possibly have, I was incapable of speaking. He seemed to notice this as his expression turned from comfort to worry. Closing his eyes, he began thinking about something until he opened them again, this time, with a confident expression.

"I somehow knew this would happen," he told me, loudly enough for the whole class to listen. This gained a curiosity from me as I tried deducing what he meant. However, I didn't need to do that since he spoke once again, "Commander told me about your condition. Amnesia, I suppose?"

Although amnesia wasn't the problem, to them it seemed like I lost most of my memories, magic ones included. He guessed correctly what others thought I was going through, even though it wasn't completely accurate at all. Yet, he was right. I was 'suffering' amnesia. I was a changeling. I had to act like one. There wasn't any possible theory from me that could entirely explain what I went through and what I was. A human. So, for now, I had to be part of their society. Even if that costed my humanity.

... Still, I would like to keep in mind my old memories. I used to be human, of course, but that doesn't change what I previously lived nor the people I met. I don't care what I did to deserve this, I won't forget my past, but I won't hold on to it either. I will move on like Sebastian and I have always done.

.... Anyways.... I did a little breathing exercise, letting all of my troubles thoughts slip away in mere instants. Nodding to Drive, he understood and spoke again, not before turning towards his students and changing into a stoic pose.

"Listen up, everypony. As many of you have probably heard rumors about the mysterious crater with its even more mysterious source, the fact that somepony got injured in the incident is true. However, that is also false. Nopony else got injured because, our guest right here," Drive said, motioning a hoof towards me, "is the cause of the crater from yesterday, as some of you had assumed,"

This caused several whispers and priceless stares among them towards me. I would have said something to back him up, but I still have that knot in my throat, so yeah.... pretty much useless right now.

"Really!?" said one of the many students in the classroom. Drive nodded and laughed for no apparent reason afterwards.

"What's so funny?" said Spark, finally breaking his long silence ever since I encountered him earlier.

"Oh nothing, just an old memory making me nostalgic," the answer seemed to ease Spark, for he returned to his original position, which consisted of closing his eyes and go into deep thoughtful mode, "In any case, what our guest is having right now is due to that same event,"

Many changelings were curious to what he was referring to, tilting their heads to the sides and raising an eyebrow each one of them.

"It seems you are all confused. But before I get anywhere else, allow me to introduce him. That is, if you want to do it yourself," he said, referring to me with a head nudge. I stared back at him, thoughts filling my mind on what should I answer. Knowing the knot in my throat hasn't disappeared, I shook my head and allowed Drive to do it for me, "Very well then, I'll do it for you,"

"Class, I would like to welcome to our humble school our newest member, Sr. Fire. Fire comes from a far land known as Mexicolt, where he served another queen, called by the name Rose. Is that correct?" Drive asked, hoping to get that right. I didn't exactly serve a queen, but yes, that is the case. I nodded and Drive smiled at that, "He will be attending our classes from now on until further notice. However, he will be taking special lessons in order to keep up with us, due to the Amnesia condition,"

Everyone was exchanging glances as he finished explaining my so-called current 'situation', which also caught me by surprise when I heard about the extra lessons.

"Now, let me explain what I previously said," he said, coughing while holding a hoof in front of his mouth, "How many of you are familiar with the term 'Amnesia'?"

Half class raised their hoofs. If I were to say something, I would guess that not even half of those who raised their hoofs knows the right term. What? You think I don't know it either? Well, it's really easy. It's-

"The loss of a memory reserved in the brain's storage,"

... Or let Drive explain it better than me. Good grief. When did he started talking again?

"That is what our guest is suffering... or suffered to be precise," This earned not only curious stares towards me, but also gasps in either awe or in sorry. I don't blame them. Even if I didn't actually have any sort of amnesia, I can comprehend the situation I'm currently in ways others view it.

"So, did he lost all of his memories?" a changeling said, letting a rather high pitched, yet soft voice go by. Taken into account, I assumed that changeling was she, or at least, sounded like one.

"Yes and no," Drive explained, confusing even more the poor girl, "In theory, yes, he did lost his memory, but not all of it. About 90 percent was lost according to our studies,"

Did.... Did Drive just released vital information about me?! GOOD! Now everyone knows I can't do anything! You sir, have doomed my stay.

"Even magic?" another fella asked. The instructor didn't need to answer that, as he merely looked back at me and gave me a curious stare with his good left eye. Whatever he was thinking, it couldn't be good.

Out of nowhere, his horn began to glow in a radiant blue aura. Drive seemed unfazed by his magic use. Perhaps all those years of experience have something to do with it? I think that doesn't matter for now. RUN!

Knowing I didn't stand a chance to whatever he was planning, I backpedalled slowly from him, hoping to find a way out of his... whatever his plan was. My thoughts soon turned into a flight stage, preparing to leave through the main door and don't look back. However, this was not the case because fear and curiosity had somehow disabled my legs from running. With my body immobile as it was, I couldn't do anything else but to embrace myself for the impact. Closing my eyes with might, I looked away and expected the worse. I waited for any event to happen and my body was somehow ready, despite the lack of use. A simple phrase was crossing my mind at that moment...

'Pleasedon'thurtme,Pleasedon'thurtme,Pleasedon'thurtme,Pleasedon'thurtme,Pleasedon'thurtme,' .... Like a true hero.

I didn't know how much I waited for anything to actually happen, but nothing occurred, which led to some skeptical thoughts about what just had transpired.

An awkward silence was all I needed to open my right eye. Nothing happened. Everything was in the same place as before. Drive finished doing whatever plan he had in mind.

"Yup, even magic," he said, returning his gaze to the students, "An average changeling would have been affected by my magic if they possessed any knowledge about magic beyond normal training,"

So is that what he was trying to do? Test a magic spell on me?

"So, he carries magic in his body, but no knowledge at all,"

"Precisely,"

"So he is like a rookie then?" OH CRUD.

"Unfortunately for him, he can't fight back. At least, not with magic," Drive looked back at me, holding a slightly sad expression all over his face. His face turned into a thoughtful one as he lowered his head and squinted his eyes, turning his next phrase into nothing more than a whisper, which I could, because of reasons, overhear, "Shame though. He somehow possesses a huge amount of magic in his disposal, despite his young nature,"

All eyes were fixed on me as I silently listened to my apparent check-up. I was really intrigued to what did the veteran said about me and the supposedly 'Huge amounts of magic' I have. Does that mean that Ivy, Chrysalis and the rest of superiors know about this? If that is the case, then why? Why do I have something like that? Can I even learn magic, despite being a former human?

"But that doesn't mean Fire can't learn magic anymore," Welp, that answered my question, "What's more, I believe he has the potential to accomplish even bigger things. With enough practice, I'm sure he will be fine,"

"Really?" I asked, breaking my silence for a while. Drive seemed surprised for sudden outtalk, but shook it off anyways.

"Yes, really," he replied. I didn't answer back, but on the inside I was leaping in excitement. At least, that's what I think, "Don't worry. In time, you will learn to grasp the basics of magic and join our ranks in no time,"

OH THANK GOD. "Phew, good to know," I said, letting out a sigh and resting my heart. Drive looked at me a few more seconds and smiled again. This changeling really likes to smile!

"Glad to know you are relaxed now," the teacher looked away and motioned his students to pay attention once again, "Okay class, let me hear a welcoming cheer, how about it?"

Not missing a beat, everypony stood up and yelled, "Nice to meet you, Fire!" in a forced cheering sound. I better bring some pillows to cover my ears next time. Ouch....

I nodded and smiled at the class, thanking them for having me as one of them. Well, not precisely that way, but it still matters the deed done. Everypony got back to their seats and returned to their original positions. Reminds me of Japanese classes somehow...

"Anyways, I believe there isn't any further notice for me to inform you, so let's get down to some studying, okay?" Groaning commencing in three, two, one...

"AWWWWWW!"

Ah, there it is.

"Oh, quit complaining. You all knew this was going to happen, so deal with it," said Drive while pulling a a book out of his teacher's desk and approaching his seat, "Now we are going to learn what we left behind yesterday, 'The Cloak War', page 56. Prepare your notebooks fellas!"

One by one, they started pulling out multi-colored notebooks from below their desks. I was amazed to see the similarities between my world and theirs. It almost looks like I never left Earth... or teleported away from it somehow.

Hold on. Who is going to teach me the basics? Drive has a whole class to take care of, so who is available?

Approaching the instructor, who noticed my presence right away, I fired away the questions in a whispering tone, "Um, Drive? I'm grateful for the attention you've given me, but I have to ask. Since you are busy with the whole class, who exactly is going to teach me?"

This managed to make Drive think, giving away the impression that he didn't think about his plan very much. Holding a hoof to his chin, he twitched his right eye and gave a poorly made expression, "Well, I'm not so sure now that I think about it,"

He didn't. Wonderful. Why do I have to deal with this?

"But, I think there is someone who might help you out," Drive looked at his desk for a moment and suddenly, a creepy smile showed up, making me more uncomfortable than it should have. Oh, I didn't like that smile. Not one bit. "I know the right pony to do the job... hehehe..." I told you I didn't like it.

Out of nowhere, his horn flared up and pointed at the door, pointing at me as well since I was in the middle of the way, of course. In my defense, that high-pitched yelp I did was very manly. Dodging the incoming attack, I leaped into an empty space of the classroom and looked to where Drive pointed to.

A wall of smoke was created from his blast and a silhouette appeared amongst the smoke, coughing and waving a hoof in front of him (?) /her (?). Who was that being?

............

............

OH, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

"I believe you can train our guest, right... Emerald?"

Author's Note:


Yes, I know. It has a typo in it. Don't blame me. I panicked.

But anyways.

YES! FINALLY! OH MY GOD! I finally got the chapter out! And it took me only 2 months! Such speed!

No, but seriously, this chapter was meant to be longer, but it would have taken much more time to do it, so.... yeah, I'm spliting this part into two or more parts (if required).

Don't worry. I'll try to update the next part faster... that is, if my depression doesn't act like a child about it.

See ya soon!