• Published 25th Dec 2014
  • 15,676 Views, 475 Comments

Help! I'm not a changeling! - Ashardu



Well, this is new. A new body, a new life, a new beginning. It would be great if I didn't have to realize that this new beginning is going to be the end of me. Oh boy.

  • ...
58
 475
 15,676

11: Why is that a thingy?

Help! I'm not a changeling!

Chapter 11: "Why is that a thingy?"

Edited by Tripy998. That's a toilet.



-----------------------------------------> Mauricio, 2 months later <-------------------------------------------



"Blazing Kick!" I shouted, spinning my body vertically as I used the inercia from Drive's blast. Having enough momentum in my speed, I stuck out my leg in a quick draw and hit the shield right where I wanted. I let out a smirk right before landing, the shield shattering, as expected, from the kick.

Quickly picking up the pace, I applied some boost to my body right into his surroundings and threw a small punch from my left front leg to his jaw using my instincts to tell his location. However, the only thing I managed to hit was the broad wind, hearing out a small blast from my counter. I reacted to this, and jerked my head upwards, looking at where Drive was.

Gone could be the fitting description to where he was.

"Amazing, you managed to cut the attack to your favor and use that to hit me!" I heard from above. All of my 5 senses screamed at me to move back, but seeing how I lacked the terrain to use my footwork, I remained still as I looked to the ceiling. All I saw was Drive's cocky smile as he remained upside down, "But not fast enough!"

It was at that moment when I felt a ever-so-slight crushing pressure on my back and met the ground in a flash. My body FELT that, and I was left agonized from the hit as I lay down on the ground, clutching my guts in reaction to the pain. Had it not been for the previous training, I would have been out of breath by the time I got to this point. An echoing thud could be heard a few feet away from me as I was recovering from the recent impact. Having reached this point, I thought I knew what to do when several senses sharpened all at once, but sensing this sensation of looming dread over me as I remained vulnerable reminded me of natural survival.

I still had a lot to learn.

"Enough!" I heard a yell, instantly erasing whatever that sense of impending doom was and letting me know that the lesson was over.

"Dang, was it not the right speed?" I muttered to myself as I shifted my back legs to a sitting position, using one of my front legs as support and the other in a grapple with my stomach. I had one eye closed, the other green emerald colored eye remained open and looking down, but trying to close. My body was engulfed in pain, and I soon began panting to recover wasted energy and air from my lungs. My cyan hair was a mess from the fight and my horn was burning up from all of the magic used.

In other words, I don' goofed.

"Puta madre, pensé que te tenia." ("Bucking mother, I thought I had you.") I replied in an acid tone, but humiliated as well. No words came back as I expected an answer from him, but I got something else.

A pat on the head.

"Que linda boca esa que tienes. Solias besar a tu reina de esa manera?" ("What a lovely mouth you have right there. You used to kiss your queen with that mouth in such manner?") He responded as I saw his hooves in my lowered sight. He sat down as well, a sigh leaving his lips from the sound he caused. "You are getting much better than I thought, but you still miss that changeling instinct when it comes to dodging."

"Oh, please." I snarled, adding fuel to my sarcasm. "I actually felt pity for ya, so I took the hit for compensation."

"Very funny." Drive responded in a bored monotone, "If you had actually used your wings and caused a wind boost to move, you would have easily dodged that. You felt that impending doom feeling too, didn't you?"

"Wha?" I replied as my brain began to work on situations previously lived. Cracking some codes left and right, I immediately knew he was right. "Oh for the love of- ..." I replied,logic catching up with my train of thought. I closed both eyes (well, one was actually already closed) and grunted in frustration, realizing that it wasn't that much of a problem to solve. And yet...

My shoulder suddenly felt heavier and looking at it, I spotted Drive's front leg on me. I didn't jerk nor flinch when he touched me, for I knew he was trying to comfort my frustration. I'm unaware of how he manages to do this, but hey, you gotta work with what you have right?

"Easy there, you were actually doing your best." he soothed, patting a few more times to create a more comfortable situation. I looked at his eyes and see the same caring eyes he carried back when I first began doing this, "I knew that having you under my teaching would get give you a much better edge in combat. Have you not seen the result?"

"I know, I know. But you already know that, and so do I. What I don't know is, if I'm ready for tomorrow."

"What, the scouting mission?"

"Yeah." My voice echoing through my mind as the lack of confidence comes into my... well, mind.

Rest assured that I have confidence on my skills, from fighting-- This demonstration was pure practice, nothing else, got it?-- to stealth. Heck, even culinary skills. Did you know that mayonnaise comes from eggs and it mostly adds flavor and not nutrition? Crazy, right?

Uh, back on topic.

It's not me that worries this handsome changeling-- words from the girls, not mine--, no. It's the impact I can do to this hive and the outcome of the mission of how successfully it can go. I believe we can survive this crisis if we work together and act on nothing more than instincts and teamwork alone. However, this can be seen as just another event I have to encounter. Another piece for me to fit in. Another clue of what I must do and how to contribute to the whole hive and Chrysalis as well.

These changeling deserve a better life, and if we fail to fulfill even the slightest of requirements to come home and say 'Mission Accomplished' with no sweat, we aren't the real ones receiving the full punishment. It's the others. This whole family of bugs. Yes, bugs. I don't care for the term. We can be seen like that due to our appearance. Or maybe it's just my human point of view?

Who knows. But there is one thing I do know.

I have an actual purpose right now, and I'll be damned if I don't manage to fill in the shoes- eh, hooves? Feet? Clip clop? Whatever, if I don't reach the objective and fulfill my if somewhat temporary purpose, these kind changeling will suffer because of us. We can't fail. I will not let myself fail.

"You'll be fine." He reassured, adjusting his place to be right next to me. "You won't actually be fighting, but rather see the outside world and harvest some love for the hive. Didn't you say you wanted to help out like you said a couple months ago?"

Taken back by this surprise, I became both curious and scared of how he knew of such thing. I asked, unaware of the consequences that it might come when researching things that should be hidden. "Wait, how did you know?"

"Words fly, grasshopper."

"You just answered my question and gave me a lot more to fire away." I stated, with a dry tone in my voice.

He simply snickered and looked away, almost as if he knew that was bound to happen sooner or later. His good right eye was out of my range of sight, blocking any idea of what he could be thinking at the moment, but his scar on the left side still had some movements\, involuntary twitches from nerves that were active despite the very notable vertical cut left behind from a claw or whatever it was that managed to split his eye. They were small, yet they remained there, acting instinctively on thoughts alone.

Acting a little impatient on his waiting, I decided to do a little thinking of my own.

What could the mission be all about? Could it be potentially useful for the hive, or would my mind just simply over-hype it? Like that one game about space back when I was a human that held like tree-zillion planets to explore for everyone and it could be named like you wanted, but that would lead to some potentially catastrophic bad names that would utterly ruin the fun about the space exploring thingy. Yeah, not the greatest idea. Luckily, it didn't happen that way!

It was WAY worse.

Like, matey, no multiplayer? By god, what were you thinking? I mean, no! Don't! Stop making people go to the hype train just for nothing! Seriously.

On an another term, I am glad to be able to remember my past life. If I somehow lost my memories one day-- which I wouldn't know anything about it in all honestly-- and somehow managed to retain my natural skills, I would be pissed! Well, if I manage to regain all those memories back. And there is also the timeline thingy where you have to go quests and recover the fragments and shards of your little memory and do side quests, meet new people, allies go on an adventure, beat a big baddie, rejoice in all its glory-

Wait a moment. What am I even talking about?

I....

I forgot. Meh, wasn't important anyway. I think. Back to Drive!

"To behonest kid," Drive explained as soon as I focused on him again, "I don't know the whole detail about this chat you had with the queen, but I do know that you are bored."

"Very."

"Charming." He replied and not very amused it seemed. Moving his hoof to the back of his head and leaning to his left, he continued, "Anyways, I can see that you have ambition, and we need that here. With the training you have been receiving lately, I must say, you are more than prepared."

"And that demonstration earlier?"

"Just a bit of fun." He smiled and laughed silently. I glared at him to no avail, knowing that even he if took it seriously, it would have no effect on him. I can't intimidate him no matter what I do. Was his experience that big that small threats are longer an issue to him?

"Having a traumatized head right when you are going to your very first mission EVER, is not my definition of fun. Maybe to you."

"And Emerald as well." I looked at him with shock and a hoof up next to my chest. Does she enjoy that kind of humor? Drive noticed my stare and dismissed it with a hoof.

"Relax, she doesn't like that kind of stuff. She prefers to avoid injury, if possible." That gave me a small relief. If she was that kind of girl, I would be very worried about my future.

...Wait a minute, speaking of her.

"Where is Emerald anyways?"

"Oh, her?" Drive replied with no surprise in his voice, "She is probably sniffing your bed and fantasizing about you."

What.

"HUH!?" I quaked, completely shocked out by his answer, trying to ignore the imminent thoughts that came along with that sentence. I mean, what? Her? DOING WHAT? No way, she is way too nice to be doing that kind of stuff! Besides, why would she have an interest in me? Me! A changeling with a human soul and mind! Who in their righteous mind would want to have their way with a changeling, or me for an instance?



-------------------------> SOMEWHERE, FAR AWAY AND NEARBY <---------------------------



*ACHOO*

"Huh? Is somepony talking about me?" Said one of many creatures, just as many other females shared a moment with the universe by the outrageous question made by one young man.



-------------------> Back with our changeling/human/not sure if hero protagonist <-----------------



"Nah, I'm messing with ya." replied Drive, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Emerald is probably too pure hearted to perform that kind of naughty stuff."

As soon as his words reached me, my heart made a small break and added relief to my mind. I sighed happily, knowing that such a thing didn't happen. To be honest, it would creep me the heck out if she did that kind of... stuff. If I have a saying in all this, it doesn't suit her at all.

"Thanks for that. You almost gave me a heart attack." I added, ignoring my previous pain and relieving my chest in small circled movements. "I can't possibly imagine that sweet changeling doing that."

"Yeah, you are right." He agreed, tapping his chin rather quickly, "She would just stalk you while sleeping and watch how your snores sounded 'adorable' to her ears." Urgk. Ow.

"Eh?"

"Yeah, she is too shy to confront the problem directly, so she would take advantage of the situation within a safe range."

"Oh." I responded, my voice dry as sand on a high noon, "I-is that so?"

"Maybe." He added. I think my heart just stopped. And some unknown arrow pierced my chest with brute force, leaving me speechless. If he only knew... "Who knows, I never fully understood her intentions, so..."

He scooted closer to me, almost an inch next to my face, holding a coy smile and placing a hoof on my shoulder (Or whither, in equine terms based on how I looked like a horse) while whispering these terrifying words...

"...So you better watch your back, kid. Who knows what might assault, stalk or sneak upon you, because if you fall... You won't have any idea what might happen... or worse... Take A-D-V-A-N-T-A-G-E of you."

"Okay okay okay! IGETIT! I get it!" I yelled, backing away from him as fast as my legs would allow me, "I'll be more careful! Yeesh, you could go for a scare stand up and win first prize with high honors and all that crap!"

His reaction was nothing more than a laugh and a smile to my embarrassed act. I could do nothing at my current position. He could laugh his butt off atf my, um, well, childish attitude towards sex, or sexual innuendos. But hey, is there a way for me to get something out of this? Probably not, but I could laugh at myself too. It did look a bit silly, in all honesty.

Drive shook his head and got up, walking to where I was laying. His look changed though, it looked more compassionate, more understanding of what I just did. It seemed like a father's way to mock his child just for the fun of it, having both good times and enjoying each others company. Not forgetting to mention, Drive seems to have that kind of aura. Loyal, strict when it needs to be, but caring when the time comes. I suppose that he has his way around people, or rather, changelings to get more appeal and charm, whether he wants it or not.

"Tranquilo, Fire." ("Take it easy, Fire.") He explained, while giving me a hoof towards my knocked body, offering a pick me up, "It's just teasing, you know better than that."

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, sure. It's just two dudes having fun with jokes and training." I remarked as I accepted Drive's hoof and got back on my hooves. Dusting off some of the dirt on me, I shook my body, shivering out of pure instinct. Taking notice of the small leaf on my right hoof, I sat down on my rump and proceeded to remove it as I began to form my next sentence. "Nothing wrong about that."

"Yup."

"So..." I trailed, echoing the sort-of awkward silence around us. Not knowing what to do, or what was he planning next, I asked if it the training was still going. Receiving a surprising 'No' from his part, I wondered what he wanted, if there was something behind this answer. "Really? No more training?"

"Precisely."

"No strings attached?"

"Nah."

"No catch?"

"None."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Don't have any second thoughts about this?"

"Por Dios Fire, quieres que te de una bengala en el cielo que grite, 'Ve a descansar, eso es todo por hoy.'? "

("My god, Fire, do you want a flare up in the sky does that shouts 'Go get some rest, that's it for today.'?")

"Whoops!" I yelled as I took flight to the dark sky and headed to the grim looking castle. Looking back at the ground, I watched as Drive slowly became nothing more than small dot on the floor he was standing. However, I noticed something from him, a movement I couldn't figure out. He was flailing for some reason, almost as if a mosquito was bothering right in front of him. He kept going for a few seconds until I noticed something weird. Maybe he wasn't swatting a mosquito. Maybe he is trying to-

"OW."

... Give me a message. Such as 'Look out for that wall.' Yeah, should have noticed earlier. Ouch, that is gonna hurt tomorrow.


-----------------------------> Emerald, somewhere nearby <------------------------------


"Hm? Is someone talking about me?" Emerald expressed to herself, interrupting her activities for a moment. She debated if there was an actual conversation regarding her, but the changeling shrugged it off and continued with her main mission.

"Mmmmmhmmm... Oh, he smells so gooooooood~" she expressed as she dug her nose deep into somepony's certain bed covers. Rolling in it, her body felt stimulated by the sensation and the smell it gave away. Feeling the sensation with so much passion, she gave another roll and her body screamed in ecstasy.

"Oh, by the maker, if I could only have him in my grasp..."

Somepony did not sleep well that night.



-----------------------------------------> Mauricio, the next day <-------------------------------------------



"Listen all of you maggots!" yelling with all her might, the commanding changeling in front of me made a stand for all of the newcomers standing next to me and a pile of other newbies lining up in a straight line. "I'm your commander in charge Second Lieutenant Leut! And all of you are nothing but a poor excuse for taken space!"

Using some sort of magic amplifier for the voice, she made it very clear that she was not the type of changeling to joke around with. Her words echoed loud and noisy across the whole hive, or at least, that's what I believed. Walking slowly, but with a steady pace, Leut managed to somehow always cross my path whenever she yelled. Not much of a fan for screaming mares, but knowing what I'm going to do after this, well, it's worth the wait and ear piercing sounds.

It was all fine until she stopped right in front of my location and me a curious look. I stiffened at her stare, straightened my head and felt some loose sweats coming out from the side of the head. Intimidated to say the least, she gave me a good look and stopped her ranting about how much of a loser we were or something like that. Not that I paid much attention to it, considering I have dealt with a lot pissed off people in my past.

The Call Center event was never the same for me.

My mind was suddenly filled with danger thoughts as Commander Leut didn't seem to take her eyes off of me. The others seemed to take notice of this, as they started breaking line formation and looming from their place just to have a look at my situation.

Breathing rapidly increasing, anxious awareness rising, twitching movements and an unsure gesture were some of the passive side effects from her stare. I was feeling somewhat odd and yet at the same time, interested in what she was trying to see through. Now that I had the chance to take a better look at her, it was obvious that her physical appearance and voice was a mix of fem boy and tomboy, as odd as it may seem. It was indescribable at some point, but if her attitude had any hidden attributes to her personality, she could be either a mare in dire of strict discipline to hide her insecurities, or somebody who likes having control of the situations and give command while in that illusion of power that she may possess, just like many officers back on Earth used to do.

Then again, this is not Earth, despite the similarities between us and them. Judging someone by just a short span of time will lead you to nowhere, for she could hide the biggest secrets of the whole planet and yet be an indescribable being out of control.

Where am I getting with this? Probably nowhere, just a small thought that crossed my mind.

Oh? Uh, yeah. Back to her.

Her physical appearance was a short, orange stylish mane that held a tiny pony tail on the back of her head. Her eyes were blue just like the rest of them, but behind those blue eyes, there was a clear difference between the others and her. They were filled with either courage or recklessness. It's hard to distinguish those two sometimes. Her lips were nowhere out of the ordinary, except for that small diagonal cut which I assume is a scar, from the right side. Her ears, just like her horn, just an ordinary feature like the rest. However, her face structure was more... bold. A bit more squared than I would eventually see, and her muzzle wider than most mares I've met so far.

Leut was unique, in a way, and if my instincts say something about it, it's that she was a veteran changeling when it comes to the battlefield. Perhaps she could rival Drive's experience just by the courageous aura she was emitting.

"... I'll see you later in my office." Leut managed to whisper as she broke the stare and return to her original role. Oh, and she slapped anybody was sight seeing our little encounter with a baseball bat. Where she did pull that bat anyways?

"That was odd." I thought to myself, relaxing ever so slightly from the confrontation, letting some of my muscles take a break from the stare challenge, or whatever it is you want to call it. But those finally words she whispered... to who was it really? Me or herself as a reminder? "I rather not have that option as the former. She is kinda creepy."

I looked around and saw some of the smacked recruits looking at me funny. Do they know something I don't know?

"Alright! So here is the deal you bunch of fillies scouts!" My thoughts were interrupted as soon as Commander Leut shouted once more, "I'm aware all of you are here for the debriefing and all that crap. So let's make it simple. Those who are heading to harvest mission head over to the south-west camp and you will get your orders and towns! The ones handling the creature hunter defense head to the castle, near the main gate! The not-so-new scouting party, go with Lt. Gaia. The lieutenant will be next to the headquarters. She will guide you and give the proceeded objective, as well your instructions for the scouting."

Gaia... I've heard that name before... Wait, isn't she the guard right next to my room? She also does military service? Weird, I didn't think she was into that stuff. Then again, the hive is short on members and producing new changelings might be more trouble than it's worth. I suppose it is natural Gaia is willing to form part of the missions.

But that means I'm teaming up with her. Leut said she is handling scouting missions. Simple logic, I guess. Thankfully, I know her and I can handle my way around others, not forgetting to mention that she is pretty nice to me. I like that. She is nice.

"Well then," I expressed to myself openly, my heartbeats increasing second by second, "Better get moving-"

"Hold it!"

"Huh?" I asked, turning my head around to look for the source of the voice. What I saw was something I didn't like very much. "Oh, great..."

Commander Leut herself with Swift next to her. I think I know where this can go from where I am standing right now. Ranging from *poorly* to *Lawrd have mercy on meh*.

"Yes, you hot stuff, get your ass over here!" she yelled as Leut pointed a hoof right to the office looking building (Is it made of raw rock?) near her. "And make it quick, I don't like it when babes like you make a lady wait! Swift, get inside bad boy."

"Yes, ma'am." was all I could decipher from his lip’s movements. He then proceeded to enter the office(?) and give me a sharp stare right before entering. In my defense, he is not that scary. It's just that his movements are too unpredictable. I don't know what he could plan or do within a 5 meter range. Another reason why I have a little trouble sleeping. Plus him not liking my presence doesn't make it any easier.

Leut simply whistled to attract my attention and leaned her head towards my destination. I looked around and saw the same recruits holding a laugh or snickering at my downfall. Deadpanning at their reaction, I simply shook my head and silently realize that is the reason from the looks earlier today. Sighing at my fate, I slowly walked-

A laser trail was right next to my hoof, making me look nervous at the site. I scrunched my face in terror, and looked at the source. Leut, holding a smirk and winking at me, a trail of smoke coming out of her horn.

Like I said, I walked with a lot of pace towards the building. Oh boy! I feel like we are gonna have a good time. Because we are all friends! Yay!


"So, here I am." I remarked, as I remained on a sitting position, with Leut leaning on a chair and Swift supporting his body on the wall, using his lower hooves as support. What amazes me is how he knows to use his lower body to stand up like that. Do they have that kind of intellectual knowledge to use a stand like that? Or is there some kind of creature here in Equestria that can do that?

I suppose I can ask later.

"Yes, you are." she copied, lifting one lower hoof to the desk's top. "You are here because you are what many claim to call you. A living rumor, a changeling who survived the harsh outside world, a meteor crash and dealt with many hardships."

"Hardships?" I copied, scratching the back of my head, "Is there such thing about me?"

"Is there?" she asked, more suspicious than anything. "Handling the queen's hypnosis, facing a puppet equivalent to the former captain's skills." Swift snarled at this, but made no comment about it, "Faced Equestrian's deadliest creatures and lived to tell the tale," Whoa, hypnosis? Equivalent to the former captain's skills? Fighting deadly creatures? Where is she getting all of this from? "Not forgetting to mention that you have a power so strong that even Ivy couldn't handle it alone. And Drive added to the formula as well, with training coming from him no less. That and many more."

Leut smiled rather menacingly and licked her lips with temptation. I feel my cheeks reddening at her words for no particular reason.

"If you weren't so innocent and cute, I would eat you up like a lollipop right on the spot." Yup, blood rushing to the top of my brain like a match being ignited on a November, 20th from the Mexican Revolution, followed up by a hyped shout on the hype train. "But I'm not here for hotshot hunting. But that can be arranged later..."

Is it me, or is the room getting hotter? And why is Swift trying to stare me to death? This is not good. If I stay here more than I should, I fear something may happen to me. I... I gotta look for a way out of this!

"Uh, yeah. Sure, but you called me for a reason, right?" I replied, Leut's stare not fazing, but intensifying instead. I gulped out of fear, but not backing down from the tension in the air. I need to force my way through to get out of here! "I'm here for my first mission, so, if you would please allow me to get to the point. No offense, Commander Leut, but changelings are counting on us to survive and make our lives safer each day. I'm willing to help them, and every second is valuable to everyone here."

"Everyone?" More surprised on my words of choice rather than my speech. "Huh. I suppose you are right. Every second is valuable and wasting such time is such, a, crime!" She laughed and lowered the raised hoof on the table. "So, yes, I like the way you think. The way you are a direct guy when it comes down to doing the job. I like it... a lot. Growl..." She mimicked a hand gesture with her hoof and aimed at me, making me blush pretty hard. Even if they are a whole different creature, words are quite the... kick, if that is a way to say things. Flirting never fails with the right words.

Oh, Swift, spare me from those death stares, for they will be, the death of me!

See what I did there? It helps me. Spare me though.

"But enough with words. I wanna see actions." Leut sprung from her spot and landed right in front of me, surprising me at the sudden reaction and making me take a step back. Leut then proceeded to extend a hoof and graze my chin, "If you are what the rumors seem to be, then I don't mind letting you have a piece of the action."

"Um, in my defense-" I was interrupted once again, placing a hoof on my mouth by none other than Swift, who has the look of 'marked for death' towards me. Please stop it. I don't like it.

"Oh, please, enough with the humble act. We both know what you can do." expressed Swift, who had yet to say a single word until now.

I glared at him with fiery passion, "Oh, really?"

"Yes. Really."

"Uh-huh."

"Swift, please, don't annoy my babe like that." Babe? Oh dear. "He has important things to do."

"Yes. That. Now please stop pointing that dagger near my THROAT!" How did I not notice that before? Whoa!

"Swift!" yelled Leut, apparently angered by her... friend's(?) actions. I'm not even sure what is Swift to the Commander. "Put the dagger down, now."

Unfazed by her words, the changeling simply pulled the dagger away from my face and walked back to his original position. You know, if Leut was more of a formal officer, wouldn't laying threats upon his soldiers under him be considered subordination? Just saying, I don't like threats with pointy objects. Well, no one I know likes that.

"Just making sure our guest isn't up to anything funny." I'M YOUR MAIN OBJECTIVE , THE GUY YOU GOTTA PROTECT. YOUR VERY QUEEN TOLD YOU TO PROTECT ME YOU NUMB NUT.

"Oh, I'm sure he is not that kind of changeling. After all, we are family here!" More like a dysfunctional family to me. "Please, forgive Swift for his actions. This bad boy is jealous of you."

"AM NOT!" he suddenly yelled. Welp, goodbye long nights of rest.

"Oh shush."

"If you can make him not point sharp things at me, then we are on equal ground." I responded, hoping to make a small arrangement. Leut nodded, but Swift turned his head away, probably angry by all this dispute. "Thank you."

"You are welcome." Leut returned to her seat in a blink of an eye. Magic, I imagine. "I know that you want your mission already."

"Yes please." And a ticket to 'Hasta luego' Village.

"Hmph." Leut expressed, closing her eyes for a brief moment, making me think that she was coming up with something. Not before taking a small breath, she opened her eyes once more and stared at me with some sort of disinterest and annoyance altogether. "Well then. No point beating around the bush."

Leut left the chair and headed to a nearby locker, with some sort of name written on it. I couldn't tell what it said, but it probably belonged to her anyways, seeing how this was her office. I mean, it is her office, right?

The officer opened the said locker and pulled out some files in a yellow folder. Before she closed the locker, I managed to see a glimpse of a picture attached to it; war memories perhaps? Leut walked up to me and levitated the folder to my hooves. Obviously aware of the message, I took the folder and opened it. It contained some sort of rural towns pictures on them and very detailed information about the location. How to arrive, where, and who to contact. As I searched through the pages of the folder, I recorded into my mind some of the profiles about the changelings there disguised as some of the rural villagers.

Continuing with the debriefing, Leut spoke once more, catching my attention again. "This is what you will do. A plain and simple mission.Go in, extract the harvested love from the villagers and come back home, take care of any suspicious target in the area or outside the hive. A bit dull if you ask me, for somepony your caliber." I looked at her with an intrigued face. She seemed bored for some reason, but it didn't take a brilliant mind to figure out why. "It's nothing you can't handle, but seeing how determined you are to get your mission done, how about a little bet?"

"A bet?" I replied, unsure of my answer, "Um, ok? I mean, I'm not into that kind of stuff, but..." Hesitating a bit, my mind was unclear if I wanted to hear the bet, seeing how uncomfortable I was at the moment. However, curiosity peeked over the horizon and threw all precaution out the window. I was bound to have a challenge lately, so why not now? Maybe life could see it as a break. "Yeah, why not?"

"Lovely!" chimed Leut, meanwhile Swift was just shaking his head in disapproval. Screw that guy, not like I wanted his favor after that little trick he pulled on me. "Seeing how you are heading with a squad of recruits, I want you to take lead for the mission. Get there and come back, safe and sound with all your colts safe and sound."

That's it? Just be the leader? I can do that.

"So... you want me to be leader?"

"Affirmative."

"Um, not wanting to sound rude Lieutenant Leut, but that bet sounds too easy to be true."

"Wait, you thought that was the bet?" I nodded and she laughed, "Oh my. C'mon Fire, you actually made it sound like you were serious there." I just stared at her with a leaned head and a oblivious expression. "Oh, you are serious."

For the first time in my residence here, I saw Swift snicker at the given situation. Well, at least he is not an all hatred-fueled machine on the inside. Despite his comedy aspects.

Leut seemed confused at my reaction and appeared to have no response towards me. She showed a concerned expression and looked away for a moment. The concerned changeling was thinking about something, and no doubt it was about me. After a few more seconds, she looked determined, almost as if she remembered something very important. Mumbling to herself, she nodded and looked back at me with the infamous look she had earlier.

"I had completely forgotten about the amnesia issue. You can't recall anything at all?" I don't know why she was asking this, but perhaps she wanted to make sure the info was on point. Expressing a troubled face, I stated that I can recall some things and some other that weren't before. However, past that point, it's all in blank.

Or perhaps I just didn't want my humanity identity to be found and being held prisoner for who knows how long. Because, you know, a crazy sentient creature who claims to be a former alien to the world you are stranded after a mysterious fall from my apartment and a meteor falling out of nowhere coincidentally happening at the same time is something you wouldn't accept as normal.

Yikes. Even I surprise myself with all the babbling. Anyways, back to topic.

"Huh. So they were true. But does that mean..." was all I could hear from what Leut whispered as she pointed the tip of her hoof to her mouth and tapped it slowly. She shrugged all of the sudden and shook her head. "No... it must be a mistake. Still that doesn't matter, one can never really change."

"Um, Leut?" I called out. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing sweetie. Just talking to myself." Leut replied, pointing a hoof to me. "Anyways hotshot, you still interested in that bet?"

"At this point, I can't say no. I'm actually interested."

"Wonderful!" she claimed, letting a small giggle, "Since I gave you the place of leader of the current squad, here is what you need to do."

"Alright. I'm all ears."

"I need you to pick up something that I need. Something very valuable to me. Something that happens to be around the exact village you are going to." she eagerly pointed out. A smug smile was plastered all over her face and a small shiver came down my spine. Something was wrong, almost as if my actions were not meant to be done.

"I... sure, I can do that."

"Charming. Now get that file and reunite with your squad. You should start getting to know your acquaintances right away, shouldn't you?"

There! My chance to escape!

"You still haven't told me what to recover besides what the folder says. You know, the bet?"

Dammit Mauricio!

"Oh, right." she sheepishly stated. "What I need you to pick is something called 'Fang's Orb'. Do that little bet and I'll teach you something very useful..."

I have no idea what that us or it could be. By the expression of Swift, it must be something important. Tampering with important issues are never a good idea, but says that is the case? Anyways, it shouldn't be hard.

"Doesn't seem like an impossible task. Count me in." I responded, full of confidence for some reason. Leut seemed excited by this and walked towards me, adding some sort of... movement to her body? I can't tell what she is trying to do. She stood in front of me with a grin, making me feel uncomfortable. Leut used her hoof to raise my chin and closed the distance between her face and mine.

"I knew you were smart. Here's a little motivation for your trip." as soon as her words leave her mouth, she kisses my cheek, making me bolt in the place with the sudden action.

"Uh..." I blushed, and hard. Swift's expression says that he now wants to kill me. Great.

"Now get going. Don't wanna be late, do you?" Leut chimed as she walked away and headed to her desk.

"Uh... right! Leave! Now! Chao!" I immediately ignited my legs into full motion and ran to the door, leaving the scene behind without a doubt. Running as far as my legs allowed me to. I kept the throttle going, unconsciously doing full circles around the camp with many of my fellow changelings looking at me with either awe or sheer amount of weirdness from my display. I may not have started to do counts of how many laps I did, but it was about 20 or so. Managing to get my senses a little more into place, I realized that I was making a fool out of myself. All it took to make everything look completely black, was a bark from a familiar looking pony.

"Hey, isn't that Ivy-" *Thump*

I swear that wall wasn't there before. Like, I ran around a lot. I have seen things. And that wall was not one of them.


"....things get out of..."

Oh.... my head....

"Really... trust is not...."

Wha? ... Did I... Did I crash into something again?

"...Perhaps he could.... but that must...."

Carajo. 'Damn it' How many times has it been now? Eight? Ten? I think this is happening more often than one would like.

"... At this point it is useless to... Do you really believe...."

Wait. I think I'm hearing something. Or... someone as a matter of fact. What are they talking about?

" There is no argue there... it must be something from...."

'Something from'? Is there something I'm missing here?

"Well then... No point standing around."

Hold on. Are they done? Dang it, I couldn't make out what they were talking about. Well, even if I focused on them, I really took a good hit on my head, full speed no less. With wings and all that jazz.

Maybe I can scan my surroundings.

"But still... that would affect everything. Are you sure this..."

Yeah... no. My head is too dizzy anyways to even try to listen their conversation. No point trying to focus in their talk. Besides, I have a small ringing on my ears and no clue of who are them or where am I.

I feel a spongy floor, but rusted and hard as well. So I'm not in a bed thingy, that's a start. Next, my body...

Well, apparently one of the squad leaders is not in good conditions in the forehead. But my body feels heavy; must be my head doing miracles to the mind and body. I can still feel my horn though, despite the fact of the wall crash. But it feels kind of odd... a special healing gel(?) could be on it for all I could know.

"No, I'm not. But he is capable of doing...."

The atmosphere feels... normal, actually. I don't feel anything unusual in the air. No hostile auras, no awkward moments, no nothing. Considering it's me, nothing happening equals to something bigger happening. Which it usually leads to awkward or stressful situations. I don't like those. Not a bit.

However, trying to move does bring feels rather stingy, so movement is limited at the moment. Well, restricted if I don't wanna feel the one thing we all share. Pain.

"...As you command. He is now..."

Other than the average temperature around -28°C from what I can decipher- my spot, there is no heat hitting at any parts of my body, so that means I'm inside somewhere, with no conventional window leading a long-ass distance light between me and the sun who so conventionally sets to tease those who like to rest. Amiright' lads?

You are right lad.

Cheers lad. Wait what.

"Thank you. Now, I'm going to... him right... ready?"

No, seriously. What was that?

"Ready."

Huh?

"Clear!"

All I could feel was my body oddly being energized for no reason, making my eyelids straight up open with lightning speed and look around in dazed state. I soon saw my body move on its own and jump from wherever I was and stick to the ceiling. Shaking my head in a zoned state, I unconsciously shouted rather sophisticated, "Things don't just happen in this world of arising and passing away. We don't live in some kind of crazy, accidental universe. Things happen according to certain laws, laws of nature. Laws such as the law of karma, which teaches us that as a certain seed gets planted, so will that fruit be. Said by Sharon Salzberg. Read by a maniac with voices in his head."

As soon as I spelled that out, I regained my sight for a brief moment. I spotted Ivy with the most incredulous look I have ever seen before and... Spark? The guy from Drive's class? Whoops, crazy mode activated again.

I sprang from the ceiling at top mach speed and landed on the beige floor with only the tip of my left hoof using some sort of magic help. Cracking my head upwards incredibly fast, I gazed at Ivy immediately and spouted, in a heavy American nobleness accent, "It is not like I have gone crazy, I just don't want to take any chances. You never know what could happen. Said by none other than Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Read and written by a dude with ADHD. Look it up. Do it."

I remained motionless for a few seconds and stared deep into her mature and adorable blue eyes, while she was still wearing a confused mask all over her face. Did I say adorable and mature together? I did. Huh. Go figure.

Oh, yikes, here it comes.

I grabbed whatever inertia I had with me and sprung from my place, looping in the air thrice and landing on my left hoof again and making a weird kung-fu pose right in front of Spark, who was hardly believing what he was seeing. Standing on my back left hoof and posing the right side diagonally, I held my right clenched hoof arm close to my chest and the other open hoof pointing upwards at the tip of my chin. Holding a foolish expression on my face, I stated in a goofy voice, "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party. Once expressed Ron White on a white bed with a Ron alcohol next to it. Read by guy who saw a typo."

Feeling the energy draining fast, I somehow managed to find the time to move at a quick pace and jump at the limited space where I was currently in. Using my wings as a temporary boost, I glided down to the ground slowly and stood in two hooves, standing like my former self and form. A human.

Ivy no longer had the confused look and replaced it with one about to lose it in laughter. Her fangs showing up, one of her eyes twitched in resistance of the goofy situation I was showing once more. She wanted to laugh, and badly. Finding a will to speak, she spoke.

"I... I have no idea what just happened. You..." as expected, she had her wish to laugh in place, but barely resisting her very limit. Placing a hoof on her lips and struggling not to burst out in what could be described as a hilarious scene, she kinda crouched and held her hooves in her tummy. Yes, that's right. Tummy. I said it. What you gonna do?

All it took was one more break through and she was done. Ivy would be bursting out in laughter, Spark doing whatever he liked to do and everyone around would hear it. Yet, she refused to let go. Looking up one at me more time, sweat pouring out like a waterfall, she managed to spread a couple of coherent sentences. "You... okay... F-Fire? Need... nee-need any... help!?"

I explained nothing, as I continued to remain in my bipedal stance and looking serious for once. However, a smug and a raised eyebrow was everything my mind thought it needed and decided to continue the actions I can't yet explain to this day onward. With my "normal" voice and hinted comedy tone, I spoke once more.

"My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too. Rodney Dangerfield stated, nuff said. Expressed by a changeling who was an alien before but refuses to let everypony here know."

That was it. The famous and veteran Ivy, known for her disciplinary methods and ways, started to laugh like a maniac and roll on the floor like nobody's business. It was a rather cute laugh, if not creepy at all for how loud it was, but cute, despite details.

I looked at Spark from my position, still standing on two legs and he seemed like he was imagining all this, smacking his head a couple of times to see it was reality or fiction. My friend, this is the definition of real. Get used to it.

"Okay," I chimed, already feeling tired from all the adrenaline-pumped action, "I think Imma lay down on the floor for a while. You cool with that?" He replied with a silent response and weirded out expression. I acknowledged that as a yes. "Thank you. See you in a few minutes."

I dropped to the floor, face first, stayed there for a while. Feeling sleepy, I got comfortable somehow and fell asleep right on the spot.

Today was a weird day. But I can't complain. Why is that a thingy? Who knows. But it exists. No one asked for it, but it is there. Embrace the sensation. And now, sleep.Tu boca, es una boca sucia! XD

More like "Hasta luego en mi cama"~ X3

Author's Note:

This is a chapter than was intended to go out sooner, but life likes to have as an unbreakable toy sometimes and have me out of my comfort zone. Plenty of times. It has been hell for me, but hey, I gotta do with what I have, right?

So, yes. Sorry for that wait. More is coming the future and I hope you can endure the agony of waiting for me to come up with weird stuff that somehow manages to fit into the scenario and plot (butts are coming along the way, so get ready for saucy stuff short up ahead! Yay!)

The chapters are getting sorted out and with me doing most of the job (Bullshit, it's the editor's job that has it the worse), it has been hard, no lies. But I won't stop. I don't want to, honestly. It has been real fun in the ride lately. I rather stay in than leave just like that. So... yeah. Just rambling for me and you guys. It has always been like that, eh?

Well then. I have more bull-spit in my mind to type and a new business to attend. It's going to a real roller coaster for me and me only. Well family too and all that, but yes. Ups and downs. Simple as that.

With that said, I'm not completely comfortable with the middle part, but I went all out in the end. It was fun.

See ya around!