• Published 7th Dec 2014
  • 410 Views, 2 Comments

The Face Behind the Curtain - OmegaFanfiction



After weeks of being blasted by wubs, Octavia leaves. When will she return? And does this signal the end of their friendship?

  • ...
 2
 410

Reunited

Chapter Three - Reunited

"That was a great performance, Tavi!" The pair had succeeded in the Talent Show, and both had huge grins on their little faces.

"I must say, Vinyl, I didn't think that would work."

Vinyl put a hoof around Octavia. "But it did!" They both laughed a little.

"Let's be friends forever, Vinyl." Octavia smiled at Vinyl.

"Definitely!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinyl finally reached the doors of the grand Music Hall. Out of breath, she knocked on the door. An old lady opened the door.

"Hello there. How may I help you?"

"I'm here to see Octavia Melody. I'm Vinyl Scratch, her roommate."

The lady frowned. "I'm afraid you can't see her now. She does not want to be disturbed. Now, good day." The lady was about to close the door, but Vinyl stopped her.

"No, please! She hasn't returned for ages, and I really miss her. I just want to apologise for what I did."

The woman looked at Vinyl, and then nodded her head slowly. "Well, alright. You can come in. But if she gets mad at you, don't blame me." She went back inside and pointed to Octavia's room. Vinyl thanked her and opened the door.

She was welcomed by the sweet sound of the cello. For a moment, she just stared at Octavia, lost in the music. But the music soon stopped, and as she shook herself back to reality, she saw Octavia staring at her, wide eyed.

"Vinyl, what are you doing here?"

Vinyl looked down to the floor and slowly made her way towards Octavia. "Listen, Tavi. I shouldn't have done what I did yesterday. I felt really bad, and I wanted to apologise. I'm really sorry."

Octavia looked at Vinyl for a few seconds, and the room was quiet. She then opened her mouths and said only three words.

"I forgive you."

Vinyl looked up at Octavia, and hugged her tightly. "Oh my gosh, thank you!"

"No problem," Octavia said. "But can you please get off? You're literally crushing me!"

Vinyl immediately let go. "Oh, sorry."

Octavia laughed a little. "Come on. Let's go home. It's been a long day."

"You're telling me!" Vinyl laughed. She wrapped her hand around Octavia's shoulders as they walked home together.

As soon as they got home, they both slumped onto the sofa, letting out a sigh. Octavia turned her head to face Vinyl.

"Vinyl?"

"Yeah, Tavi?"

"Don't do that again."

Vinyl laughed a little. "I won't. I promise."

"Good." Octavia leant to the side and rested her head on Vinyl's shoulder. "Thanks for being a good friend, Vinyl. You're the best."

Vinyl smiled a little. "I know I am."

Comments ( 1 )

Very good story! i gave u and the story a thumbs up! keep up the good work!

Login or register to comment