• Published 7th Dec 2014
  • 921 Views, 11 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Brave New World - Gandalf158



The Doctor, freshly regenerated and flying a crashing TARDIS, lands in Canterlot. But all is not well in Equestria, and an old enemy of the Doctor's has followed him through, and is seeking to learn about this new realm....

  • ...
3
 11
 921

Epilogue

Doctor Whooves: Brave New World

By: Gandalf158

Epilogue

Back in Canterlot, in front of the overturned TARDIS, the Doctor smiled. He pulled out the key he has stashed in his mane and unlocked it. He crawled in and beckoned for his new friends to follow him. They looked incredulously at him, but followed him inside. They were stunned, the inside was bigger than the outside!

"Welcome to the TARDIS, that stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space."

"But, but...it's bigger on the inside!" Octavia said, mental circuitry nearing overload.

"Wasn't it laying on its side a second ago?" Vinyl said, kicking her head to the side again.

"She had her own gravity, atmosphere, pretty much everything."

"So this is your ship, huh? Sweet. Does it fly?"

"Kind of. She can travel through the Time Vortex to any point in time or space. So right now," he said, moving around the console, flipping switches and pressing buttons that seemed bigger than they had earlier, "Let's set her upright." There was a mechanical wheeze as the TARDIS dematerialized and rematerialized in the same spot, but right side up.

The trio stepped out and the two mares stood shocked, taking a few steps around the little phone box. The Doctor smirked, then his smile faded, his eyes grew dark and sad. As much as he loved this universe, he couldn't stay. He was too dangerous for this universe.

"Well, it's been fun, but I'd better be off now."

"Where will you go, Doctor?"

"Home. Back to my universe, I suppose." They both hung there heads in sorrow.

"But what if we need you? What if that Intelligence guy comes back?" The Doctor thought about it. Maybe if he left, the Intelligence would follow him back?

"Hopefully you won't find out. Goodbye Vinyl, Octavia." He stepped aboard the TARDIS and looked at the control panel.

There was a new screwdriver waiting for him in its charger. This one had a mouth grip on it , and had a rather ornate mother-of-pearl handle with a tan light at the end. The slide was also placed where he could easily reach and manipulate with his tongue.

Then he went to set a course.for home, but a blinking red light stopped him. Ooh, blinking red lights are never a good sign...

He pulled up the alert on the view screen, it stated in large, red letters, "WARNING, VOID RIFT DETECTED! ATTEMPTING TO CROSS THE VOID WILL RESULT IN CATASTROPHIC PARADOX!"

"Well, I guess going home is out of the question now." He stepped outside and called after the musicians, "I think you two deserve some kind of a reward for being brilliant. Come with me, you both get one trip each. Anywhere in time and space."

"We can come with you? What about going home?" Octavia asked, a curious gleam in her eye.

"Ah, home can wait. So how about it? Where would you like to go?"

"Tavi can go first I need to think about it." Vinyl said.

"Hmm...Oh! Beethooven performed a concert here in Canterlot 200 years ago, I've always wanted to see that!"

The Doctor let that one slide, "200 years it is, then! Allons-y!" He flipped one more lever, and they were off...

Author's Note:

Next Time

The TARDIS is malfunctioning, the Doctor meant to send them back two hundred years to see a concert, but forgot that the TARDIS has no reference points in this universe. Now caught in the middle of a frightening Civil War between two sisters, the Doctor and his new Companions will have to employ all their wits to stop an extra-terrestrial plot to change history...

Comments ( 1 )

So, The Doctor is making a Maiden voyage in Equestria, eh? This can only end well!

Login or register to comment