• Published 7th Dec 2014
  • 921 Views, 11 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Brave New World - Gandalf158



The Doctor, freshly regenerated and flying a crashing TARDIS, lands in Canterlot. But all is not well in Equestria, and an old enemy of the Doctor's has followed him through, and is seeking to learn about this new realm....

  • ...
3
 11
 921

Plastic Menace

Doctor Whooves: Brave New World

By: Gandalf158

Chapter 2: Plastic Menace

The Doctor was deep in thought. Why here, of all places? What could they possibly want? Was it the Nestene Consciousness, or was it someone else controlling them? He had explained the autons to the two mares following him, to mixed reactions; Vinyl was completely enraptured, and believed everything he said, even asking to know more. Octavia was still a little sceptacle. As the Doctor told about the time he faced them in a place called “London”, she fought with herself on whether or not to believe his fantastical tales.

The Doctor noticed the look on her face and sighed; he’d seen that look before, the “I want to believe” look. He reached over and grabbed her forehoof. She tried to pull away, but he assured her that everything was alright. He put her hoof to the left side of his chest.

“Feel that?”

Th-thump, th-thump. She nodded, and he moved her hoof to the other side. Thump-th, thump-th. She pulled back her hoof and looked at him.

“That’s not possible, you can’t have two hearts! Ponies only have one heart.” she said, her brain trying to grasp the concept.

“I’ve told you, I am not a pony. I’m a Time Lord, I come from the planet Gallifrey, I am 906 years old, and I crashed here in my TARDIS, a time machine that is much bigger on the inside than the outside.”

“But you look like a pony! Why do you look like a regular old earth pony?” she asked, trying hard not to think about the bigger on the inside remark.

“I’m not quite sure, actually. I regenerated this way, but enough about me, we have to find your dressmaker friend, stop the autons, and find out who is behind all this!” he said, standing up, and falling onto his face again, “But first, I need a little practice walking on four hooves…”

An hour later, the Doctor felt at least confident enough to walk at a medium trot. They then returned to the Boutique, the Doctor using his screwdriver to scan the area for anything to help find where the autons had made their camp. Coming up blank, he growled in frustration, shaking the sonic screwdriver in his hooves.

“Why won’t you work?” he asked, pointing the malfunctioning device back at the ground and trying to search for something, anything to give him a clue.

Then the screwdriver burned out, causing it to warp and deform and causing the Doctor to drop it. He kicked it away in frustration. Then he noticed the drag marks on the ground, heading out the back door. The tracks looked about as wide and roughly the same shape as one of the ponnequins’ bases, causing him to kick himself for not thinking of that sooner. He ran outside and saw more of the marks leading off towards a forest.

“Come on, they went this way!” he shouted, and went as fast as he could in that direction, his two followers easily keeping up with him.

They arrived at the edge of the forest, and the Doctor was about to go in, when Vinyl pulled him back, a frantic look on her face.

“It’s almost dark, Doctor, we can’t go in there tonight. We’ll come back tomorrow.”

“She could be dead by tomorrow, there isn’t time.” he said, making another break for the treeline.

Much to his surprise, he found himself floating and unable to move, a blue, translucent glow surrounding him. He was turned around and sat down by Vinyl, the glow from her horn receding. The Doctor stood up, brushed himself off, and looked up warily at the unicorn.

“I see you weren’t kidding about the horn. But as I said, the situation is fairly dire, and we must go and find them. Why are you so scared?” he asked.

“There are monsters in that forest, manticores, hydra, timberwolves, and lots of other things that have a real penchant for eating pony flesh, it’s just too dangerous to go in there without a guide at night.” Octavia said.

“Monsters? You’re afraid of monsters?”

“You’re not?”

He laughed at that, “No,” he said, turning to go into the forest, “In fact, usually the monsters are afraid of me.” he walked past the treeline with a cocky grin on his face…

“I TAKE IT BACK! THIS FOREST IS TERRIFYING!” the Doctor shouted, the smirk replaced with a look of sheer panic as the trio ran from the raging lion-scorpion-bat thing that was chasing them.

They kept running, trying their best to follow the path the autons had taken. It had taken the Doctor less than a minute to run into the monster, where he then tried to strike up a conversation with the beast. He found out the hard way that manticores aren’t really good conversationalists. As they were running, they suddenly stopped as the creature behind them gave a shout of pain and fell to the ground.

They looked around for the source of the killing blow, when they spotted a ponnequin standing at the edge of the forest. Its forehoof had a hinge inside it that revealed a hidden weapon, one that made the Doctor take a step forward, putting himself between it and his new friends. It turned and slid towards them, gun trained on the Time Lord. Suddenly it’s flat, featureless face melted and reformed one the Doctor thought was vaguely familiar.

“So, Doctor, we meet again. What brings you out here so late, Time Lord?” it asked him.

“Who are you, and what have you done with Rarity?” Vinyl asked, making the Doctor turn and give her a silencing glare.

“Doctor, Doctor. One day in a new universe and you’ve already got ponies following you around? Aren’t you going to introduce me to your new friends?”

“Octavia, Vinyl, I’d like you to meet an old friend of mine; the Great Intelligence.” the ponnequin smirked and made a quick bowing movement.

“At your service.”

“What are you doing here, and what do you mean, new universe?” the Doctor asked.

“Honestly Doctor, you didn’t know? How else do you explain how you regenerated into a pony, all my autons look like ponies, and even I have taken the guise of a pony? We are currently in a different universe, Doctor, one that follows different rules than our old one.” it made sense, the Doctor thought.

“But how did we get here?”

The auton smiled, “An exploding TARDIS, when given the right push, can be quite effective at pushing through the void. I simply followed your path of destruction.”

“Enough talk, Intelligence. You’ve taken someone, and I’d like to get her back now.”

“Oh, there will be time for that later. Right now, you’re going to follow this auton back to my base, I can’t have a Time Lord running about the place.” he said, voice dripping with malice.

“And if we refuse?” Octavia asked, trying to sound intimidating and failing.

The auton turned towards a tree and discharged its weapon, punching a hole clean through the tree’s thick bark. It turned back toward her and pointed it directly at her head. The Doctor jumped between them and held out his hooves, almost losing his balance.

“No need for that, we’ll come quietly. Just please, no killing.” the auton didn’t move the gun, but did nod its head, motioning for them to follow.

The Doctor gave them a pleading look, and they hung their heads and started slowly walking down the path in the direction the animated ponnequin had gone. The Doctor gave a sigh of relief, but was troubled. If this really was a different universe and the Intelligence had followed him through, how many of his other enemies could?

A few minutes later, they arrived at a large, ruined castle. Vinyl and Octavia gasped at the sight of it.

“You two know this place?” the Doctor asked, and they both nodded.

“It’s called the Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters, it was Celestia and Luna’s castle from a thousand years ago…” Octavia said.

“Yes, and now, it’s my personal base of operations.” a more articulated, life-like ponnequin said, stepping out to greet them.

He was shaped like a unicorn and had a blue coat and an orange mane. The Doctor briefly wondered where he had gotten that form. But that didn’t matter at the moment, finding this Rarity, however, was.

I know little about. I couldn’t pass up the chance to learn everything I possibly could about it. Surely you understand that, a quest for knowledge?”

“But why kidnap a dressmaker, why not a librarian or scientist? Why not just take over a library or something?”

“Because of one simple fact; my hostage is one of the best friends of this planet’s greatest intellectual mind, and if I were to take her,” at that moment, there was a rosey blast of light as a tall, violet colored alicorn appeared in the room, “Then this intellectual would come running. Hello, Princess Twilight.” the purple mare sent a bolt of supercharged energy at the plastic stallion, striking him squarely in the chest, causing him to melt into a puddle of blue and orange sludge.

"Well, that was a waste of energy." another blue auton said, stepping out of the shadows.

Twilight wheeled to face the new ponnequin, and readied another spell. The Great Intelligence surrounded her in a field of energy before she could cast it, causing the spell to backfire and knock down the angry mare.

"Where's my friend?" she asked, venom infusing every word.

"She's right here, safe and sound." he gestured over to a large cage off to the side of the shattered throne room. Inside was a very disheveled Rarity.

Twilight thrashed inside her glowing prison, trying to reach out to her friend.

"Rarity, are you hurt?" she asked, the anger in her eyes spoke of unending pain for the Great Intelligence if the answer was anything but "no".

"I'm alright, a little out of sorts and confused, but otherwise okay, darling." she said, much to Twilight's relief.

"What are you, and what do you want with Rarity?"

"I, my dear princess, am the Great Intelligence. And it wasn't her I wanted, she was simply bait for my true catch."

"And what is that?"

"You, Twilight Sparkle. I want to know what you know."

The Doctor and companions tried to make a move, but the autons around the room leveled their weapons at them. The Great Intelligence turned to them and smiled.

"Put those the in the cage with the other. I have business to attend to here." he said.

"One moment, I have to know something; how do you plan on getting her knowledge?"

"Simple, I'm going to upload her brain."

"But there aren't any computers in this world, nothing to upload her with." The Doctor said, a sense of dread as to what the plastic stallion would say next.

"Oh, I've planned for such a thing, the process won't be clean," he gestured to a strange looking machine made of brass and crystals over to the side, "And there won't be much of her leftover when it's done, but I'll know absolutely everything about this world that she does."

"You-you're going to kill me? To know everything I do?" Twilight asked, fear gripping her, making her thrash harder, trying to break her way out of the seemingly impenetrable shield.

The Great Intelligence chuckled, "Precisely, princess." he said, a mad grin scrawled across his shiny, artificial face...