• Published 18th Nov 2014
  • 594 Views, 16 Comments

Highschool Harmonies - Yappyjack



When a girl named Harmony comes to Canterlot High, she meets six girls. Harmony can't help but feel something magical about the girls, and the school...

  • ...
 16
 594

A Dazzling Time

Harmony jumped up and down in joy, she couldn't believe it, a musical showcase!

"This is so exciting!" Harmony exclaimed.

"I know right, this is gonna be awesome!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"So, now that there is going to be a showcase does that mean we have to make up a band name and everything?" Rarity asked

"Yep, and we're gonna have to right our own songs." Rainbow replied.

"Oh...well maybe I could...you know, d-do that?" Fluttershy asked.

"Sure Flutters, you can write some." Rainbow Dash answered.

"Oh...yay!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Oh Oh Oh!" Pinkie exclaimed. "And we'll need instruments!"

"Yep!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"So...what are we going to play?" Harmony asked.

"I was thinking that I could be lead singer, and I also know how to play guitar." Rainbow said.

"So, how many band members are there going to be?" Sunset asked.

"I dunno...maybe...me, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy!" Rainbow said.

"Oh." Sunset said hanging her head. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

Harmony smiled. "It's okay, I wanted to be included too."

"What instruments are we gonna to play?" Applejack asked.

"Well...as I said, I'm gonna play my...oh right...we need to run to the Guitar Center." Rainbow said.

"Why?" Harmony asked...

"Rainbow Dash, you have a guitar you can play, you don't need a new one just for the Showcase." Rarity said.

You'll understand..." Rainbow replied.

-~*~-

After a few days of planing, the girls got their instruments sorted out:

Rainbow Dash was lead singer and played the Guitar.

Pinkie Pie was on the Drums.

Rarity played the Key-tar.

Fluttershy played the Tambourine.

And Applejack played the Bass.

Harmony hadn't been with them, since it all happened over the weekend, she had been at a plane museum with her dad.

Harmony wished that she could be lead singer, she loved singing, more than anything! And the best part was she would get to sing with her best friends. Harmony couldn't help but feel bad for Sunset Shimmer though, she was hated amongst the school, with no-one but them as her friends.

One day at lunch, Harmony found a song that would be encouraging to the school before the showcase started. Harmony wanted to lift Sunset's spirits, to make her happy, even though she wasn't going to be in the showcase.

But she need Pinkie Pie's help. As lunch began, students began to poor into the room, and Harmony found that the best time to start.

"Pinkie..." Harmony whispered into the hyper girl's ear. "I need you help with something."

"Okie-Dokie-Lokie!" Pinkie whispered back.

The girls got up from the table and went out the door.

"I wonder what those two are up to?" Rarity said.

Harmony told Pinkie what to do, and Harmony would do the rest. Pinkie responded with a hard nod and a mock-salute.

"Where are those two?" Applejack asked.

"I dunno, they've been gone for about ten minutes now." Rainbow replied.

Suddenly, there was a noise. Everyone turned their heads to see where it was coming from, what they saw was Pinkie drumming her drum-sticks on a nearby table. Pinkie then pulled out two big spoons and started tapping them on a tray rack. The students began to clap and stomp to the beat Pinkie was creating.

Some of the students began to pull out instruments, such as Recorders, Chellos, and Violins. Some students began to dance on the tables, and Harmony saw her que!

She ran into the room and jumped onto the main table where she began to sing!

You in the corner! Why you actin' shy?

You got a light that you try to hide!

Don't be afraid, gotta let it shine, don't be afraid, gotta let it shine,

Step to the rhythm, can ya feel the beat, listen to your heart, let it tell you feet!

Stomp at your fear time to break free, stomp at your fear time to break free

Just let go!

You've got to give time for the world to know oh oh!

Let it show!

Get it?

"GOT IT!" The students yelled in reply.

Ready?

"BREAK!" The students yelled in reply again. Harmony was surprised that they had caught on so fast, but she continued to sing. And the student continued to dance.

You are, you are your own star, you'll go far, if you follow your heart!

Never give up, never back down, never give up, never back down!

You are, you are your own star, you'll go far, if you follow your heart!

Promise you'll never stop believin', promise you'll never stop believing'!

"HAY! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" The students yelled as they traded places with Harmony on the table. Harmony was now standing on the ground and started to dance and sing!

Everybody sing it!

You're, you are your own star, you'll go far, if you follow your heart!

Never give up, never back down, never give up, never back down!

You're, you are your own star, you'll go far, if you follow your heart!

Promise you'll never stop believin', promise you'll never stop believin'!

"GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! BREAK!" The students all finished the song with cheering.

(Promise you'll never stop believin')

A lot of the students gave Harmony complements on her singing and insisted that she be in the showcase.

Harmony approached her friends, who were now back in their seats since they had been dancing.

"How did I do?" Harmony asked with a smile.

"You did amazing darling!" Rarity exclaimed. "I never knew you could sing so well!"

"Yeah, that was amazing!" Sunset said.

"Beautiful!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"It was a nice workout too!" Applejack said.

"It was pretty awesome!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Thank you, all of you!" Harmony said.

"Maybe you can sing a few of our songs..." Rainbow said.

"Really?!" Harmony's face lit up. "You mean it?!"

"Well...yeah." Rainbow replied.

"Thank you!" Harmony exclaimed as she hugged the rainbow haired girl.

"You're welcome, now could...you please...allow me to...breath" Rainbow replied.

"Oh! Sorry." Harmony said as she released her friend.

The girls went their separate ways for their classes.

When History came around, Harmony was with Sunset Shimmer. Harmony noticed that Sunset seemed sad, and Harmony knew why, but she decided to ask...

"Hey Sunset, what's wrong?"

Sunset jumped, clearly she hadn't known that Harmony was there. Sunset looked up at Harmony. "Um...nothing..." She said.

"Come on Sunset, I'm your friend you can tell me anything." Harmony said with a smile.

Sunset thought for a moment. "Well...I-"

"Okay Class, settle down and get to your seats." Miss Dabbelt said, interrupting Sunset Shimmer.

"Dang it!..." Harmony thought. "Well, I can ask her after school."

-~*~-

Harmony gasped in her mom's car on her way to Mardel as she remembered something.

"Dang it!" She exclaimed.

"What Harmony?" Tabitha asked.

"Well earlier today, I noticed something was wrong with Sunset Shimmer. I meant to asked her after school but I forgot." Harmony replied.

"Well, maybe your gift will cheer her up." Tabitha said.

"I hope so." Harmony said.

Tabitha and Harmony soon arrived at Mardel where they went searching for a red Bible. When they finally came across one, they walked to the counter.

"We'd like a name inscription please." Tabitha said, handing him the Bible.

The man at the counter nodded and took the Book. " Write the name down here please." He handed Tabitha a piece of paper.

Tabitha grabbed a pen and put down Sunset's name. She handed it back to him.

He took the Bible over to a machine that would put her name on it. "Would you like the name in silver or gold?" He asked.

"Gold please." Tabitha replied.

When done the man handed Tabitha the Bible. She paid for it and went on their way.

"I hope Sunset Shimmer likes this..." Harmony thought.

-~*~-

Harmony awoke the next morning, and quickly got up.

Tabitha drove her to school like normal, Harmony said goodbye and ran into the school.

"Hay Harmony." Rainbow Dash said, leaning on the statue.

"Hay..." Harmony said.

"Do ya wanna hang out before lunch, we've been given extra time to set up and practice." Rainbow said.

"I should be able to hang out while you guys are practicing, but Mom signed me up for some private dancing lessons." Harmony replied.

"Dance lessons?" Rainbow asked. "I didn't know they did that here."

"Yep. thirty-minute Dance Class a little before lunch." Harmony said.

"Cool." Rainbow replied.

Soon the rest of the girls arrived and wen to their classes. Before Harmony knew it, she was in Dance class.

Of corse since it was private she was the only student. Fifteen minutes into the class, Harmony's teacher: Miss Carter had some work to do in the cafeteria.

"Practice the dance I showed you while I'm gone, and we can review it tomorrow." She said.

"Yes ma'am Miss Carter." Harmony replied.

Harmony danced to her heart's content. The dance went perfectly with a song she knew, so she hummed it while she danced.

When she was done, Harmony put up her shoes, but when she turned around, she saw her friends. (Save Sunset Shimmer.)

"Wow!" Rarity said. "You're a really good dancer!"

"Thanks!" Harmony replied. "But... what are you guys doin' here?"

"We came to get you." Rainbow said.

"Oh, okay." Harmony replied with a smile. "Where's Sunset?"

"She's already there." Pinkie Pie said.

The girls walked to their practice room. Sunset Shimmer sat on the piano that Rarity had brought in.

"Hi Harmony." Sunset said.

"Hi Sunset." Harmony replied. "So did you guys get your banner done?"

"Yep." Pinkie said. "It smells like cake!"

"It...does?" Harmony asked, a bit confused at why Pinkie would make the banner smell like cake.

"Um...it does." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah not to mention, Sunset got totally embarrassed inform of the whole school." Rainbow said.

The girls glared at her. (Save Sunset.)

"She's right, I'm never gonna live that down." Sunset groaned.

"You were pretty bad at the Fall Formal..." Fluttershy pointed out.

"A demon, I turned into a raging she-demon." Sunset deadpanned.

"And tried to turn everyone her into teenage zombies for your own personal army." Pinkie said.

"Yeah, that too!" Sunset said.

"Oh, don't worry darling, you have us, and we've forgiven you for your past...boo-boos." Rarity said.

"To be honest, I think the whole experience brought everyone at Canterlot High, closer than ever before." Applejack said, tuning her Bass before turning to Pinkie and giving a nod.

"One..Two..Three" Pinkie announced smacking her drum sticks together.

[youtube=VuZUugnnIis]

Harmony and Sunset both clapped.

"That was awesome!" Harmony exclaimed. Then she realized something. "Wait...is that what you meant by pony ears, wings, and tails?"

"Yes..." Rarity replied. "I still can't believe that happens when we play. I've got to look into some accessories, something that looks good in a longer ponytail, OH maybe some clip-on earnings for when I get those adorable pony ears!"

"Ah just wonder why it happens..." Applejack said. "Princess Twilight took her crown back to Equestria, wouldn't that mean she took the magic back with her?"

"Who cares why it happens..." Rainbow replied. "it makes my bang totally awesome!"

"Uh! Your band?" Rarity asked.

"Duh? It was my idea to start the Rainbooms so we could be in the Showcase..." Rainbow said. "plus, I'm the lead singer and guitarist."

"Modist much?" Harmony whispered to Sunset.

Suddenly, there was a knock before the door opened. A boy with blue hair and blue eyes walked into the room.

"Hey, I heard you outside, you guy are sounding really tight." He said.

"Yeah, we're getting' there..." Rainbow said. " Rarity is still coming in a bit late on the second verse, and Applejacks Base Solo could use a little work. They'll get it in time for the showcase."

Rarity and Applejack both glared at her from behind.

"I don't suppose any friends from out of town might come, I mean, it'd be a special charity event and all." He said

"Sorry Flash..." Applejack replied. "I don't think Twilight is gonna be back at Canterlot High anytime soon."

"Okay, I just, you know...thought I'd ask uh...keep on rockin' it." He said bumping into a wall and then leaving the room awkwardly.

"Well..." Rarity giggled."someone is quite the smitten-kitten." She turned to Sunset Shimmer. "Oh! Sorry, I always forget that you and Flash used to be an item."

"It's okay..." Sunset replied. "Flash is a great guy and all, but I never really 'liked him liked him', I was just using him to become more popular." She groaned. "The old me really was just awful wasn't she?"

The girls kind of mumbled while Pinkie gave a simple, "Yup!"

"But the important thing is that you've turned yerself around." Applejack said with a smile.

"Thanks Applejack, but I don't think that everyone else at CHS feel the same way." Sunset replied.

"Okay..." Harmony spoke up. "did I miss something, or is it just me?"

"Oh sorry." Rarity said, turning toward the girl. "That was Flash Sentry."

"He's the one Twilight has a crush on, and now I know that the felling is mutual." Pinkie Pie said, balancing a cymbal on her head.

All except Harmony glared at the pink girl.

"Oops." Pinkie said with an innocent smile.

"That halo of yours is hangin' of one o' your horns." Applejack said.

"Hay, I'm that one who asked." Harmony said in Pinkie's defense.

"Yes, but there is a thing such as too much info." Rainbow said, glaring at Pinkie again.

"I don't care." Harmony said. She suddenly remembered something when:

"Sunset Shimmer, please report to the main foyer" Vice-Principal Luna said through the P.A. System.

"Gotta run, I volunteered to show some new students around the school..." Sunset said starting to exit the room. "I thought that it would be good for them to get to know the new me before they here'd all the stuff about the old me." She said with a smile.

The girls waved as Sunset left.

"We've still got a few minute before lunch stars..." Rainbow said, turning to her friends. "What'd ya say we do Awesome As I Wanna Be?"

"Um...Rainbow Dash, I was wondering if...we could maybe play the sing I wrote." Fluttershy asked.

"Uh yeah, well get to it." Rainbow said, waving it off.

Harmony looked out the door when she realized something...she was really hungry.

At lunch, Harmony and the girls sat down with their plates and treys full.

Sunset entered the room and sat next to Applejack.

"So, how was the tour?" The country girl asked.

"I don't know, these girls...there was something 'off' about them." Sunset replied with a worried expression.

"You mean off like this..." Pinkie said, making a mustache-beard with her hair. "Or off like this..." She said, putting lettuce on her face and two carrots in her mouth to make her look like a vampire. "Oh! Or or-"

"Why don't we just let her tell us?" Rainbow asked with a amused look on her face.

Pinkie nodded, letting a carrot fall from her mouth onto her plate.

"That's just it, I can't put my finger on it..." Sunset replied. "They just acted sort of, strange around me. Maybe someone already talked to them, and told them what I did. So much for making a good first impression." Sunset sighed and lay her head on the table.

"Uh huh..." Fluttershy said. The girls looked at her. "Oh, I'm sure that's no it."

The girls gave her a 'No Helping' look, and she sunk in her chair as Sunset looked up.

"Sunset, I'm sure no one did. The people who they ket was Vice-Princeipal luna and then...you." Harmony said. "That is, unless someone told them before they entered the building."

"There's always a 'But' or 'Unless; isn't there?" Sunset asked.

The girls were suddenly interrupted as the doors swung open...

[youtube=5KYY45mMRss]

"Oooh! They're that kind of off!" Pinkie said.

Author's Note:

YAY!:yay: New Chapter!

I used a song from American Girl: Isabelle Dances into the Spotlight. It called: UR You Own Star.

Sorry if I didn't get all the lyrics right, I couldn't find the lyrics online, so I had to improvise. :twilightsheepish:

Sorry this one took SO LONG, but, I've been quit busy with stuff lately. I hope you enjoy!

Comments ( 2 )

I like it! :)
When is Harmony going to give Sunset her Bible?

5438663

OH STINK!!! I forgot about that! I'll remember that in the next chapter.

Oopsie me:twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment