• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 14,587 Views, 509 Comments

Goodnight Sunset, Good Morning Sunrise - Twilight Nightmare



After the Fall Formal things don't go so well with Sunset Shimmer she slowly spirals downward before hitting rock bottom, moments away from doing something she will regret when, to her, the least likely of people come to her rescue.

  • ...
23
 509
 14,587

Sisters

"Do you think they're going to keep moving us around?" Scootaloo asked as she packed her things. Even though they were able to go back to the house, neither Rainbow Dash or Scootaloo had much in way of personal belongings. So packing really didn't take long as they cleaned up the room they had at Fluttershy's. Scootaloo had to admit that she was going to miss being here as Fluttershy and her parents treated them a lot more like a family than their own father ever had. Not that Scootaloo really considered the man a father at all to begin with.

"So, you girls ready to go?" Posey asked, walking into the room with FLuttershy trailing behind.

"I guess...I just...can't we stay here?" Scootaloo sighed as she turned to look at the older woman.

"If I had a choice I'd love to keep you here sweetie, but I found someone who is looking forward to taking you girls in." Posey said as she hugged the young girl before helping with the two bags she had as Rainbow Dash picked hers up. Posey still was a little shocked that Rainbow Dash decided to leave her trophies behind, though she had a feeling that the girl would get them back later. Posey seriously doubted the girl's father would be seeing the light of day anytime soon.

"It'll be okay Scoots." Rainbow Dash said as she picked one of her bags up, FLuttershy getting the other. "As long as we are together we can handle anything."

"And we will always be here if you girls need us." Fluttershy said softly, giving them both a bright smile.

"Come on girls, we need to get going." Posey said as Scootaloo took one last look at the room before following the group out and loading into the large car. The actual ride was quiet except for the few attempts Posey tried to get them talking, though they found it hard to stop worrying about what kind of place they were going to. Would they treat them as nice as Posey had treated them or would they be negligent like Sweetie Belle's parents? Or would the be as abusive, or more so that her own father? Scootaloo wasn't sure, but she tried to remember that Rainbow Dash would be there with her and would look out for her.

A few minutes later Scootaloo found her jaw dropping as they entered one of the nicest neighborhoods in Canterlot. All of the people living here had to be very well off or they likely wouldn't be able to afford these houses. Many of them had large privacy fences that likely hid pools if the houses without the fences was anything to go by. And the houses themselves looked huge, at least five or six rooms big she would guess.

"Are you sure that we are going the right way?" Rainbow Dash asked, a little skeptical as the houses seemed way out of league for any of her friend's families to afford. Even Rarity's parents couldn't afford these homes.

"Yep, we're here actually." Posey said as she pulled in the drive of one of the houses. As the group climbed out of the car she noticed that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were both looking at the house in awe at the size and beauty of it. While she really didn't know a lot about flowers and stuff, the flower beds and bushes looked cared for extremely well and there was a huge privacy fence hiding, what Scootaloo hoped if this really was their home, a nice sized pool.

"So, what do you girls think?" Posey asked, nearly giggling at their reactions. She had to admit that she was a little jealous of Celestia, but Posey's home was very nice too. Still, it would be kind of nice to have the money for a place like this.

"It's so AWESOME!" Rainbow Dash gasped out, a little excitement filling her eyes though a little worry remaining. Once again Posey felt a little bad about not telling the girls who they would be staying with due to Celestia's request. Taking out a key she handed it to Rainbow Dash.

"Go ahead and open the door." Posey said as Rainbow Dash stopped a little hesitantly. Scootaloo swiped the key from her sisters hand and rushed toward the door while sticking her tongue out and laughing a bit. Neither of them was really in the best of moods, but maybe a little playfulness could help Scootaloo decided. She was still hoping that whoever lived here were nice people.

"Hey, be careful with that!" Rainbow Dash cried out giving chase as Fluttershy giggled. Scootaloo unlocked the door and stepped inside marveling at the huge family room ahead of her with one of the biggest entertainment systems she had ever seen. Leather couches with...Sunrise Shimmer sitting on one listening to an MP3 player while munching on some carrot sticks. Scootaloo dropped the bag she was carrying as Rainbow Dash bumped into her from behind.

"Wait, what's Sunrise doing here?" Rainbow Dash asked as Fluttershy walked around them to go over and kiss the girl on the lips letting Sunrise know they were there.

"Hey Shy." Sunrise said happily as she pulled her headphones off, "I thought you were coming with Dashie and Scoots."

"Ahem." Fluttershy said as she cleared her throat, nodding her head towards the entrance. Sunrise looked up in surprise seeing Posey, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo all standing there with the younger two looking on in shock.

"Oh, um hi." Sunrise said as she straightened up a bit, wincing in a little pain as she leaned against the armrest and pulled Fluttershy down next to her with the pink haired girl giving off a squeak. Scootaloo rushed over to Sunrise, but stopped when Sunrise held up a hand.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't want you getting hurt. I tried coming to visit, but the nurses wouldn't let us through." Scootaloo cried as Sunrise took her hand and rubbed the back with a thumb in circles.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault and I'm not mad. I stopped you because...well...I didn't want you to glomp me right now." Sunrise said as she picked at the loose shirt she was wearing while laughing a little. "I kind of don't want to go back to the hospital to get restitched."

"Oh, I'm still so sorry." Scootaloo said.

"So...you wouldn't mind being sisters?" Sunrise asked, looking between Rainbow Dash who was clearly putting the pieces together.

"Wait, you planned this?" Rainbow Dash asked as she came over to hug Scootaloo from the side.

"What do you mean sisters?" Scootaloo asked, still not getting it.

"Well...I kind of always wanted a big family and...when I found out about what was going on...after mom and me talked...we wanted to...are you mad?" Sunrise said, unable to finish anything she was trying to say as she was attempting to gauge the girls' reactions.

"I'm not...I...thank you sis." Rainbow Dash sniffed as she dropped to her knees and gently hugged Sunrise who hugged her back.

"Of course since I'm the older sister, you do know I'll be teasing you two mercilessly at times?" Sunrise said, teasing them already as Celestia and Luna came in carrying a large cake and a couple pizza boxes.

"Sorry we're late getting back." Celestia said sitting the cake down, "I wanted to be here to welcome you girls home."

"This is really going to be our home?" Scootaloo asked a little hopefully as Celestia hugged her tightly.

"You girls each have your own rooms, and I even added my own touches to them since Sunrise came over to the dark side." Luna said, giggling a little evilly which worried the teens a little...all except for Sunrise who was smirking a little.

"Do you have to corrupt my new daughters? You already corrupted Sunrise." Celestia asked with a long drawn out sigh as Luna rolled her eyes.

"Of course I do, the more I corrupt the more players for Hoof-Life Seven!" Luna cheered, "There's a game system in each of your rooms, girls."

"Really?" Scootaloo asked excitedly.

"Yep, just one word of warning..." Luna said, taking on an ominous look. "Never, ever tell anybody I play or there will be consequences. Detention for a month!"

"Umm, can she do that?" Scootaloo asked softly.

"I wouldn't risk it." Rainbow Dash whispered back as she joined her sister.