• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 14,554 Views, 509 Comments

Goodnight Sunset, Good Morning Sunrise - Twilight Nightmare



After the Fall Formal things don't go so well with Sunset Shimmer she slowly spirals downward before hitting rock bottom, moments away from doing something she will regret when, to her, the least likely of people come to her rescue.

  • ...
22
 509
 14,554

Confrontations

Rainbow Dash had never expected to spend a Saturday, or any day really, in the Canterlot Police Department. She was sitting in a quiet room with one table and two chairs facing each other and a huge mirror that she was sure was one of those windows from the cop shows in TV. There were also two doors, both of them sealed tightly. Nobody knew she was here which did make it hard to get permission to see her father, but after some arguing an officer called somebody and they relented. They told her she could have fifteen minutes supervised with her father.

As a loud creak sounded she jumped up to see her father wearing shackles being led from the door she didn't come in. He looked horrible, unkempt and a little angry as he stumbled a little from the shackles on him. Rainbow Dash swallowed nervously seeing how the two officers nodded to her before taking a chain hanging off the shackles securing his wrist and locking it to a ring on the floor so all her could do was sit there.

She felt like she was going to cry seeing him like this, feeling as if it was all her fault for him being here. Maybe if she had been a better daughter, tried harder to prove that she wasn't like her mother, that he would just love her and not drown his sorrows in the way he did.

"Don't make any wrong moves, Mister Dash, we will be right here." One of the two officers said as they retreated to stand on either side of the door.

"I hope you get the answers you are looking for kid." The other officer said as he gave Rainbow Dash a sympathetic look as her father growled a little.

"A-Are you okay, dad?" Rainbow asked softly, wiping at her eyes. She refused to cry no matter how much she wanted to right now. She loved Scootaloo and would never let this man touch her ever again...but she had to know. Could he be redeemed? Was he even willing to try?

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Her father snapped out making Rainbow Dash jump a little at the anger in his voice before he sighed. "I...I'm sorry, RD. I didn't mean to snap at you...but you have to tell them that I didn't do it. I never touched you or your sister."

"Dad...you know you did..." Rainbow Dash sighed, wondering if this was a mistake. She kept reminding herself that she needed to be strong for Scootaloo. "You promised again and again that you would stop drinking and...and you always went back on that promise."

"I'm a hard working man, if I want to unwind by drinking a little then that's my right!" Her father snapped, his eyes softening again. She could see that somewhere in his eyes that he did care for her somewhere in his heart. Just not enough to take responsibility for what he's done.

"Even if it turns you into a monster, dad? I don't care if you hit me...I probably deserve it...but Scootaloo never deserved it." Rainbow Dash sniffled.

"I never hit you, you little liar! Quit telling these stupid lies! I never once laid a hand on either of you and I don't belong here!" Her father screamed in outrage making Rainbow Dash sink back deeper in her chair as the two officers put hands on her father's shoulders, squeezing a little.

"Settle down there or we will have to end your meeting early." The first officer said.

"Tell them I never did it, RD...please..." Her dad pleaded, looking pityingly at her. A part of her wanted to do it, wanted to end the suffering he was feeling. She couldn't though, she promised herself that she would never put Scootaloo back in any position to be abused again.

"Dad...would you go to rehab? Get help to stop drinking?" Rainbow Dash asked, pleading that he would say yes. Maybe there was some hope for him somewhere. Some hope to salvage even a little of their relationship.

"I don't have no problem and I never touched you! Lie all you want you little brat, but if you don't tell the truth then I want nothing else to do with you!" Her father snarled at her making her whimper a little.

"Okay, that is enough. I knew this was a bad idea." The first officer said as they started to undo the chain securing her father to the floor before forcing him up.

"I love you dad." Rainbow Dash said softly, watching him struggle as they dragged him out of the room. She pulled her legs up to hug as she started crying into her knees. She was shocked when a pair of gentle arms pulled her into an embrace from the side.

"I knew I shouldn't have agreed to let you see him." Posey sighed stroking her hair. "You did what was right though honey, you aren't lying and we know that."

"Why am I never good enough?" Rainbow Dash sobbed as she buried her face in Posey's blouse.

"Oh honey, you are good enough. You are a wonderful young woman who has accomplished so much and have such a bright future ahead of you." Posey said softly to the crying girl.

"Nobody wants us because of me! I've never been good enough for dad and now I'm not good enough for you!" Rainbow Dash cried as Posey pulled her up and took her seat before pulling Rainbow into her lap to rock her. It was a little awkward with the small chair, but she managed.

"I wanted you to stay, but I have some people who is calling it a conflict of interest. I either have to find you someone who will take you girls or pass the case to someone else...and I'd rather stay in charge of your case to make sure you girls are well taken care of like you deserve." Posey explained, rubbing Rainbow Dash's back.

"Nobody is going to want us, especially me." Rainbow Dash whimpered, though she was calming down a little. Posey hated seeing the normally strong willed girl breaking like this, but after confronting her father the way the girl did couldn't have been easy in the least. She hated okaying it, but Rainbow Dash needed to see that he wasn't going to change for the better for them.

"Honey, I already found a home who not only wants to take you in, but adopt you after the court hearing after your father is stripped if his custody of you two. And you know what? They know what kind of great girl you are and is looking forward to meeting you tomorrow." Posey said, wondering if maybe she should tell Rainbow Dash who it was. When she felt the girl sigh and sit up a little she stopped from doing so upon seeing the hopeful look.

"Both of us? Scoots and me?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Both of you and you will still be able to go to Canterlot High and be around all of your friends." Posey smiled as she saw the girl's mood brighten considerably.

"Are they...nice?" Rainbow Dash asked softly, almost afraid of the answer.

"They are very nice and they look forward to having you as a part of their family. Both of you." Posey said softly as Rainbow Dash hugged her tightly, crying again. Only this time she seemed to be relieved and happy.

"Thank you so much for not letting us get split up. I...I don't want to lose Scoots, she means the world to me." Rainbow Dash sobbed.

"That right there proves just how wonderful a girl you are." Posey whispered to Rainbow Dash who finally cried herself out before pulling back and getting up, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

"Th-thanks...I'm sorry for getting so mushy there." Rainbow Dash said trying to regain her mask of toughness. Posey just smiled and hugged her as she got up as well.

"Crying doesn't make you weak...in fact, you are one of the strongest young women I've ever met. And I'm proud to say that I know you." Posey said.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sunrise was sad that Fluttershy couldn't meet her as she was released from the hospital, but understood that she was needed at home. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo needed her and Sunrise insisted Fluttershy give in to her mother's pleas to meet Rainbow Dash and Posey at home. Sunrise wasn't sure why, but she had a feeling that Rainbow Dash was really going to need a friend right now. Plus, despite not being able to party, Sunrise knew she'd see her girlfriend tomorrow when there was a combined welcome home party not just for her, but a congratulations party for Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo over being semi-adopted into a new family. Of course they would fully be adopted as soon as the court case ended.

"Wow." Sunrise mouthed in awe at seeing the red Cadillac sitting at the pickup area as Celestia walked next to the wheelchair being pushed by a nurse.

"You like it brat? We know you are going to have a bit of a hard time getting in and out of our SUVs...sooooo we decided we needed another car that was lower to the ground." Luna said standing by the driver's side.

"It's...well as Rainbow Dash would say, awesome!" Sunrise said laughing a bit.

"Are you sure you like it?" Celestia asked as she looked hopefully at Sunrise.

"I love it, but you didn't have to spend all that money just to rent a car. I'm sure I could have managed." Sunrise said as Celestia steadied her a bit. Sunrise couldn't help wincing as she stood, the nurse giving her an encouraging smile.

"Remember if you need to come back don't put it off." The nurse said.

"Thank you for all of your help." Celestia said as the nurse nodded and bid them a good day before heading back in. Celestia helped Sunrise get into the front passenger seat where there would be more room for her.

"You know, this isn't rented." Luna giggled as she got in the driver seat.

"So, you borrowed it?" Sunrise asked softly, happy that she didn't have to aggravate her wound and stitches but felt a little bad they had to go through so much trouble.

"Not exactly." Celestia said hesitantly as she got in the back seat.

"What do you mean not exactly?" Sunrise asked arching an eyebrow as she looked into the rearview mirror as Luna started it up.

"We realized that you didn't have a ride...so we got you this." Luna laughed making Celestia groan.

"I wanted to be a little more..." Celestia said, face palming as Luna interrupted her.

"It'd be Christmas by the time you told her." Luna laughed as Sunrise gawked at her new car. There were so many lights and digital displays that Sunrise had no idea what they all did. " I made sure to load it down with all the best features."

"Luna, if you could put a game system in here you would have." Celestia said as Luna laughed while Sunrise teared up a little.

"Thank you both so much." Sunrise said wiping her eyes. She wanted to hug either of them, but it would hurt too much.

"Well, Luna insisted on putting chair lifts on both sets of stairs also so you can get around easier until you are fully healed." Celestia said, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "I can't believe I never thought of it before her."

"Why spend so much money on me though?" Sunrise asked, still feeling a little bad about it, yet excited that she had a car despite not really knowing how to drive yet.

"Because we can afford it and we love you." Celestia said. leaning over the seat to kiss Sunrise on the head.

"We're so glad that you are okay and coming home." Luna said smiling at her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was several hours later after they finished eating and Sunrise was going to head to bed to get some rest when Luna stopped her, looking a little embarrassed.

"Hey...you feeling up to hanging with me for awhile? I...wanted to show you something." Luna asked as she led Sunrise to the door to the basement making the teen blush furiously.

"I'm not sure, I'm really tired." Sunrise said, her voice squeaking a bit unsure of what she was going to see down there. It was Luna's private sanctuary where as far as Sunrise knew Celestia hasn't even went down there yet.

"Come on, just a few minutes. It'll be fun." Luna urged, opening the door and motioning to the chair that was mounted on one side of the passage going down. Swallowing nervously Sunrise finally nodded and sat on the chair. She hated it, the thing moved so slow when compared to walking, but she knew it was for her own good as climbing the stairs would only add stress to her wound even if it was healing nicely.She wasn't sure what she would find down there, all she could think about was the cries of "YES!" from the night before ending up in the hospital

"Welcome to my sanctuary, I expect you to keep it secret and not allow anyone else down here." Luna said flipping a switch as Sunrise got up from the chair. All of a sudden light flashed on illuminating a room that didn't look like a basement at all. It looked like a room that was some kind of...of...she wasn't sure. There were several TV's with screens that were more than simply huge with probably a dozen devices hooked up to all of them with game controllers littering the floor and the table. There were probably several dozen cushions around the table, a small fridge and a couch in a semicircle around the back of the table.

"What is this?" Sunrise asked as Luna giggled and pulled her to the couch handing her a controller before pushing several buttons on a device and grabbing one for herself.

"This is one of the best games ever released!" Luna cheered as a screen came to life reading Hoof-Life 7. It took Luna maybe twenty minutes to explain everything to Sunrise as they began playing what Luna called an online match. Sunrise wasn't doing so well, but Luna was keeping her alive and Sunrise had to admit the game was kind of fun.

It was maybe ten minutes later when someone named Bloody Rose came on and Luna started trash talking the player who seemed to enjoy returning the favor. It didn't sound as if it was in mean spirits though as they seemed to enjoy the back and forth. Sunrise couldn't help blushing when Bloody Rose's health dropped to half and Luna started chanting 'Yes!' until finally finishing the other player off with a cheerful cry of 'YES!' making Sunrise facepalm while cursing reading those stupid romance novels from the library.

Author's Note:

Thanks to BiomasterM2 for pointing out some mistakes in this chapter which is now fixed :twilightsmile: