• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 14,576 Views, 509 Comments

Goodnight Sunset, Good Morning Sunrise - Twilight Nightmare



After the Fall Formal things don't go so well with Sunset Shimmer she slowly spirals downward before hitting rock bottom, moments away from doing something she will regret when, to her, the least likely of people come to her rescue.

  • ...
22
 509
 14,576

Worst Day Ever - Part 2

Sunrise wasn’t really too sure if this was a good idea, unable to keep the worry for what was probably her first friend...and first love interest out of her head. Even with the worry for how the students were going to react, she just couldn’t bring herself to push Fluttershy away as they pretty much cuddled under a tree outside of the school. The girl was right; it was very peaceful here and seemed to just fill you with serenity.

“Are you sure you want to be associated with me?” Sunrise asked, still a little unsure about everything. The elements may have cleansed her of any darkness filling her heart, but it didn’t exactly provide a 101 on friendship or love. She couldn’t help wondering if things were moving a little too fast, then again they haven’t really did much besides be together and few quick kisses. So maybe they were moving to slow? She just really didn’t know.

“Of course I do…I’ve had a crush on you for awhile…and to be able to have a chance to be with you.” Fluttershy said, snuggling closer as Sunrise put her arm around her. “You’ve always been so strong and powerful, and even though you bullied me, I know you kept the others away from me. You kept them from hurting me.”

“Well…you’ve always fascinated me…I admit that I’ve always kind of felt different about you. I’m so sorry for the way I treated you, but back then I thought any kind of weakness was…well I can’t really explain it. There was just something about you though…something I didn’t understand back then and if I’m honest…I still don’t.” Sunrise said, feeling a little confused as to why Fluttershy really wanted to be so close yet feeling so good that she did. “If only I knew just how strong you really are. You might not show it, but you are one of the strongest people at this school I think.”

“You’re just being kind.” Fluttershy said as she blushed a little at the compliment.

“It’s true, you care about animals and do your best to help them any way you can. Then you have people, while you are pretty shy, you always want to do what’s right and help those who don’t really deserve it.” Sunrise said, wondering if Fluttershy would get the reference while hoping she didn’t.

“You do deserve it, and if you don’t stop saying that about yourself I might actually have to punish you.” Fluttershy squeaked out, blushing as she realized how that sounded.

“Punish me huh?” Sunrise asked in a teasing manner, making Fluttershy swallow nervously.

“Y-Yeah…I’ll make you take me out on a date. And…And you will have to hold my hand and…and you have to kiss me good night when you take me home.” Fluttershy said, turning crimson as she tried to hide her face in her hair even though Sunrise really couldn’t see it that well as she rested her head against Fluttershy’s own.

“Well then…maybe I’ll have to make sure I get punished…a lot.” Sunrise said, smiling to herself as she heard Fluttershy squeak out. “I heard that there is a new romance premiering this Friday. I guess I’ll have to take you out to eat and there as my punishment…and then I’ll have to steal that kiss…hmmm…I wonder if stealing that kiss will earn me another punishment.”

“Maybe.” Fluttershy squeaked out, but couldn’t help giggling a little. She had never felt so elated in all her life as Sunrise had basically just agreed to go out on a date.

“Sunrise Shimmer and Scootaloo, please report to the office.” Miss Appleby’s voice said over the intercom system making both girls flinch as their time together was cut short making Sunrise want to curse her luck.

“Sorry Flutters, I have to run.” Sunrise sighed as she climbed to her feet, offering a hand to help Fluttershy up. After the two were standing, Fluttershy quickly kissed Sunrise on the lips before blushing even more at what she just did.

“I’m so sorry!” Fluttershy squeaked out.

“Don’t be.” Sunrise replied as she leaned in and kissed Fluttershy, “I’m sure it’s nothing much, probably just mom needing me for something.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.” Fluttershy said, hiding in her hair, though her thousand watt smile was clearly visible to Sunrise which filled her with hope for her future. She couldn’t help feeling elated as she made her way to the office where Miss Appleby smiled up at her, though the woman looked worried.

“Hello Sunrise, Miss Voice wanted to see you and Scootaloo.” Miss Appleby said just as said girl came into the office, sending Sunrise a glare.

“I hope everything is okay.” Nurse Redheart said as she came into the office, having to come from the nurse’s office which for some reason was on the other side of the school. Then again it was probably the best place as it had easy access to the doors in case of an emergency happened and an ambulance was called.

“I’m not sure, I’m supposed to send the three of you in when you got here.” Miss Appleby said, waving the three to the door.

“You better not have done anything to my sister you freak!” Scootaloo hissed out at Sunrise as they walked towards the counselor’s office, Nurse Redheart shaking her head, but keeping quiet for the moment.

As they walked in Scootaloo hurried to her sister who stood up as the door opened. The rainbow haired girl glared as Sunrise over the younger girl’s head as they hugged.

“What’s going on sis?” Scootaloo asked, looking worried up at Rainbow Dash as they pulled away.

“They just want to make sure that nothing is wrong at home, it’s no big deal.” Rainbow Dash said softly, her face growing worried at the panicked look on Scootaloo’s face. “It’s not like you have any bruises from dad, he’s never touched you…right?”

“Sis…I’m sorry…I didn’t want you to know…” Scootaloo whimpered, tears welling up.

“Wh-what? What happened?” Rainbow asked, getting everyone’s attention as the girl looked in fear at her little sister. Anger starting to fill her eyes as Scootaloo started to shake. “I told you to call me if he started drinking. What happened, why didn’t you call?”

“Because you take enough of dad’s crap as it is! Do you think I like seeing you limp up to your room every time he drinks?! You were at your friend’s place…something you hardly ever do and I didn’t want to make you come home!” Scootaloo sobbed out.

“That’s it, I’m calling children services. There’s no way I’m letting you two go home to that monster.” Soothing Voice growled out as Sunrise watched on in shock, not sure what exactly was going on.

“You can’t do that! He’s our dad, he needs us! Who else is going to take care of him?” Rainbow Dash asked, sounding defeated.

“Who cares! I hate him! I hate what he does to you! I HATE HIM!” Scootaloo screamed angrily as Sunrise put a hand on the girl’s shoulder in an attempt to try and calm her down some, only to be pushed away by Rainbow Dash.

“Don’t you dare touch my sister you trash!” Rainbow Dash spat out angrily, glaring at Sunrise looking as if she was moments away from attacking her.

“Rainbow Dash, that is enough!” Soothing Voice snapped out, though her eyes were full of sympathy. “Sunset…”

“My name is Sunrise.” Sunrise interrupted her, making the woman arch an eyebrow.

“Wait, I saw a file for Sunrise when I was looking for Sunset.” Soothing Voice said, pulling back up the files on the computer, her jaw dropping when she opened it.

“You were adopted by…” Soothing Voice said before Sunrise interrupted her.

“Somebody…it’s not really important right now. What is important is Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo.” Sunrise said, the woman nodding as she pushed the intercom. “Miss Appleby, please contact Children Services and have them come to my office when they arrive.”

Sunrise looked up at the worried looks on Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo’s faces. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that they were scared of being separated as they held onto each other. Sunrise felt really bad for them, despite the way Rainbow Dash had been treating her. Sure being called trash had hurt, even angered Sunrise a little, but looking at the girl it occurred that she may only be lashing out. Sunrise knew all about lashing out as she herself lashed out when she came to this world. Taking all of her pain and anger out on everyone around her.

“Don’t act like you care! You may have Fluttershy fooled, but you won’t fool me. And I swear if you hurt her I’ll be coming after you!” Rainbow Dash growled out.

“Rainbow Dash, that is enough! I know you are going through a lot, but if you continue threatening a fellow student I will have to take actions against you.” Soothing Voice said, looking at Rainbow Dash who glared back defiantly.

“It’s okay…I know I deserve a lot of it. I ripped her life apart and I deserve her hatred.” Sunrise sighed, “I really want to make up for it…but I know it will take time.”

“I don’t want to hear it!” Rainbow Dash growled out, though the emotions flashing in her eyes showed how untrue that was. It looked like Rainbow was warring between sympathy and anger, as well as an intense hatred that Sunrise was beginning to suspect wasn’t really directed completely at her…even if she was suffering the brunt of it.

“Maybe I should go…is there a reason why I was called?” Sunrise asked, looking at Rainbow with worry before turning to the counselor.

“I was going to confirm that you are homeless…but if these records are true then I can see that you are taken care of. I will be confirming it with Principal Celestia though so don’t think you are off the hook if this isn’t right.” Soothing Voice said as she wrote a note out and handed it to Sunrise.

“I understand, but I’m sure it’s right. She said she was going to fix the records first thing.” Sunrise sighed, before giving one last look to Rainbow Dash before she turned to leave.

After leaving the office, Sunrise sighed and leaned back against the wall. As much as she was upset with Rainbow Dash, she didn’t want to see the girl and her little sister in trouble or separated. Especially since she somehow felt that somewhere this was partially her fault.

“Are you okay dear?” Miss Appleby asked, looking a little concerned as Sunrise looked over to her.

“I’m not really sure…is my…is Principal Celestia in her office? Can I go talk to her?” Sunrise asked, a little worried that the woman may be too busy or not want to deal with her adopted daughter asking for huge favors already.

“She is dear, go ahead in. She asked me to have you come see her as soon as she heard your name called when you finished speaking to Miss Voice.” Miss Appleby explained.

“Thanks.” Sunrise sighed as she walked into her adopted mother’s office to see her pacing nervously back and forth.

“Sunrise! Are you okay? What did she want with you?” Celestia asked as she rushed over to hug Sunrise tightly before pushing her away to look into her worried face.

“I’m f-fine mom…kind of…but something is going on with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo and they’re calling children services to come pick them up. I…I don’t want to see them split up…is there anything we can do for them? Some way to help?”

“Hmmm…I’m not sure…” Celestia said as she went to sit down behind her desk. “It depends what is going on I suppose. Let me make a quick call.”

Sunrise sat in one of the nice chairs facing Celestia’s desk, idly wondering where they came from and wishing she had one for her room. The thought actually brought a smile to her face as she realized she was going to have her own room at their new home with a pool, neither being something she ever thought she’d ever have after recent events.

“Hello…Posey, it’s Tia…yeah, supposedly Soothing Voice called for someone from your department to come pick up two of my students…that’s them…” Celestia said into the phone as Sunrise listened to the one side of the conversation, unable to hear the other side. “Yeah, they’re friends with your daughter. I know I may be asking a lot but can you maybe make sure they don’t get split up until whatever is going on works itself out? You can…that’s great, thank you so much! My daughter will be happy to hear it. Thanks, I’ll talk to you later, ciao.”

“So good news?” Sunrise asked as Celestia smiled at her.

“Very good news, Fluttershy’s mom works high up in Children Services and will be taking Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo in herself for the time being.” Celestia said, making Sunrise’s world fall out from under her. Sure she was happy that the sisters wouldn’t be separated…but she couldn’t help feel that this could spell disaster for her growing relationship with Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

Well it looks like this chapter is going to be in three parts as the day will finish up with Fluttershy next chapter. I hope you all enjoyed the new update. :twilightsmile: