• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 14,576 Views, 509 Comments

Goodnight Sunset, Good Morning Sunrise - Twilight Nightmare



After the Fall Formal things don't go so well with Sunset Shimmer she slowly spirals downward before hitting rock bottom, moments away from doing something she will regret when, to her, the least likely of people come to her rescue.

  • ...
22
 509
 14,576

Epilogue

Sunrise stared into the full length mirror, playing with the straps of her bikini once again as she tried to get more comfortable with it. It was kind of funny in a way, almost six years ago she would never have even worried about such things. Ponies didn’t really wear clothing on a regular basis unless it was a noble who tried to impress others while in Sunrise’s opinion only managed to make themselves look silly. Here it was much different as clothing served so many different purposes depending on what you were doing.

Actually her human form was something she once swore she’d never get used to, while now she found herself barely able to imagine going back. Sure she missed her horn, magic and tail of her unicorn form; she didn’t think she would be able to go back to having hooves full time after getting used to her fingers. Then there were the other changes, such as the two rather moderately large mounds on her chest. Sure as a pony she had female anatomy, but nothing like them. At the same time, she found herself proud of not only them, but the rest of her body.

She was considered beautiful in this world, extremely beautiful actually and could make guys do almost anything for her just by showing a little skin or doing a little flirting. Not that she did that, it just wasn’t her thing, now or back when she used blackmail and fear to control everyone. It was something ponies didn’t do as much as there was attraction, but it was different. Now she couldn’t help feeling that same attraction to someone she never thought she could feel things for, another girl.

Thinking of said girl she found herself feeling shy again of stepping out in the two piece her aunt had helped pick out to get Fluttershy’s attention when Sunrise asked for help picking one out. Thankfully there weren’t any guys outside besides Discord, who only had eyes for Celestia, because she was sure she would die from embarrassment. Still, Luna had assured her it was both sexy and functional and wouldn’t just fall off like Sunrise kept fearing it would do.

“Hey, you okay in there?” Rainbow Dash called, knocking on the door shocking Sunrise. It took a few moments as well as a few deep breaths to compose herself enough for a reply.

“Yeah, sorry, just got lost in thought. I’ll be right down.” Sunrise called back before turning back to the mirror one last time. She slowly traced a finger down the healed scar where Gilda had stabbed her all those months ago. She was now actually spending time in prison after being tried as an adult for attempted murder of not only the three young girls, but also Sunrise herself.

“Well hurry up or Shy might just spontaneously combust!” Rainbow Dash called through the door, snickering heard as the girl went to return to the party celebrating the first day of summer break.

Stepping out the back door she caught sight of her mother wearing a modest one piece while sitting on the bench of one of the picnic tables while her boyfriend flipped hamburgers on the grill, bags of chips, snacks and soda scattered across the tables along with paper plates, bowls containing who knew what, and condiments.

A loud cry drew her attention just in time to catch Luna in a bathing suit similar to Sunrise’s own jump from the high board, causing a splash of water to soak Cherry who was sitting at the edge of the pool kicking her legs in water. Scootaloo and Applebloom were laughing at the now drenched teacher with Sweetie Belle cringing a little as the woman shot them a glare before laughing with them.

Looking in the pool she found Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the human Twilight Sparkle playing a game with a pool ball that looked very similar to volleyball. It was still hard to believe that not only did Celestia know Twilight Sparkle and Cadence here in the human world, but even harder to believe how close they became after being introduced.

Thinking of Pinkie Pie brought up the memory of the Cakes and how they both profusely apologized to Sunrise for not realizing that she needed help and for kicking her out of their small café. Of course Sunrise didn’t hold it against them as the group had a small private party there when Sunrise felt better. Actually when Pinkie basically forced Sunrise to go as she didn’t want to be humiliated by getting thrown out in front of them. She was shocked to be swept up in Mrs. Cake’s arms as the older woman kept saying how sorry she was for not giving her a chance.

Speaking of Cadence, the girl was sitting on towels not far from the pool with Rarity talking about fashions, a third joining the conversation which shocked Sunrise. Trixie was talking with them excitedly about something which Sunrise assumed was another idea for an outfit for her next magic show. Unlike Discord who chose to keep his modest apartment until Celestia and himself married, Cherry had other plans. She moved out of her tiny apartment with her daughter and into Luna’s room while Trixie took a remodeled attic which gave her plenty of floor space for her props and practicing.

Turning around to look more, trying to find the one person she really wanted to see, Sunrise’s jaw dropped. There she stood a few feet in front of her, Fluttershy in her green bikini showing off her every curve as she tried her best to hide behind her flowing hair. Sunrise never felt so lost for words as she licked her lips trying to say something, the beautiful vision before her mesmerizing her.

“You look good.” Fluttershy squeaked out shyly, obviously blushing as Sunrise broke out of her stupor.

“Thanks. You look…you look…wow. You’re gorgeous.” Sunrise said, mentally smacking herself. Once again comparing her human and pony forms as she was sure she would never be affected like this if they were ponies. ‘Oh who are you kidding? Pony or human you would get lost in her beauty.’

“Thanks, I hope it isn’t too much.” Fluttershy squeaked out, “Rarity assured me that you would like it.”

“Yeah, I like it. I love it, Shy.” Sunrise said trying not to sound perverted as she truly wasn’t having perverted thoughts. Well, not really. Fluttershy was truly just that beautiful where it was just so easy to get lost looking into her eyes or being around her. She wasn't sure who she was kidding as she was also feeling her stupid hormones kicking in. Fluttershy was very attractive, smart and one of the kindest people Sunrise had ever met. She was perfect and Sunrise couldn’t help thanking her lucky stars for being given the chance to be with her.

“I love yours to.” Fluttershy whispered, almost too low to hear. Sunrise did though and found herself blushing as well.

“Thanks. Come on, you want to swim or relax?” Sunrise asked taking Fluttershy’s hand.

“Can we relax for now? I just want to cuddle up with you and enjoy the sun.

“Sure.” Sunrise said as they found a couple towels and laid down on them, their shoulders and heads touching as they kept their fingers intertwined. Sunrise couldn’t help thinking that she was the luckiest person in the world. Great friends. Great family. The best girlfriend on the face of the planet. And delicious smelling food drifting over to them. Life couldn’t get better. At least that was what she was thinking before she found herself soaked, causing both Fluttershy and herself to shoot up into a sitting position to choke up water as Rainbow Dash holding a now empty bucket.

“Rainbow Dash.” Sunrise growled out.

“Yeah?” Rainbow Dash managed to get out between laughs.

“You better run.” Fluttershy growled out as both girlfriends gave chase to the hysterically laughing girl around the pool.

“What? It was funny!” Rainbow Dash cackled, before tripping and landing into the pool. A few moments later she surfaced spitting out a little water while their friends shook their heads laughing at their antics.

Yeah, it was going to be a good summer and an even better future.

Author's Note:

EDIT: I moved the last scene to the end of the previous chapter as it was actually originally meant for there, sorry everyone.

That finishes the story up, I hope everyone enjoyed it. Thank you so much to everyone who enjoyed it. I also wan to thank BiomasterM2 for helping pointing out errors and fixing a lot of things that needed fixed. Also my GF who did help out here and there, adn who will be cowritting our new story. Also, thanks to Wysteria for reminding me about the cakes as I was going to do a scene earlier in the story but scrapped it as it wouldn't have worked out there (according to my GF and I had to agree with her logic) so added a mention to them in the epilogue here.

Comments ( 68 )

Sequel?

i think i figured out what your trying to say with that last section 0-0

Fantastic story. The last part with the alicorns seemed unnecessary and kind of out of place, overall fantastic read. If you were to write a sequel that would be amazing. Take care.

I owe you one Cookie. But just one! And I loved this story! Good luck with your future works.:scootangel:

Sequel? Please? I'll help you write it if you need help...sure, I kinda suck at writing, but I'll try! I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I get the feeling a follow-up is inevitable?

Even if it isn't, this is a good ending. Yay for Sunrise. Also, I hope you don't mind my advertising this story with one of mine.

Ok for real this time im crying Great job.

Terrific!

Just a quick thing

It was still hard to believe that not only did Celestia know Twilight Sparkle and cadence here in the human world, but even harder to believe how close they became after being introduced.

You forgot to capitalize Cadence here.

Then there were the other changes, such as the two rather moderately large mounds on her chest. Sure as a pony she had female anatomy, but nothing like them.

So one of the main reasons Sunrise doesn't want to go back to being a human is because she would lose her uhh... persuasive personality? Yeah sure, let's go with that. (I'm just joking, that line of thought Sunrise had was pretty funny in my opinion.):rainbowlaugh:


You did a great job fixing up the errors I pointed out before, and good thing you were reminded about what happened with Mrs. Cake so you could add that scene, even I forgot about Sunrise's encounter with her way back.

You know, I've had a lot of fun helping with this story (and I think helping you with this story has helped considerably lessen my near crippling fear of accidentally offending someone with my opinions on stories.), and I'm really sad to see it's over, but I guess all good things have to end eventually.

So Thank You for writing this story and thank you for letting me help along the way, it really has been an honor.

You wrote a good story. It ended were it needed to end, no unnecessary things tacked on the end.

I kinda hoped for a few more chapters, but that would probably stretch the whole thing.

Is there going to be a sequel? Like Twilight comes through the mirror again and Sunset has to come back with all her other friends to Equestria to save it from evil or tax collectors?

YAY! HAPPY ENDINGS! BUT GODDAMMIT, IT'S OVER!

You know, as a sidenote, considering the drastic change in Sunrise's character, I feel a bit more confident for my own future now.

WAIT! THIS CHAPTER IS CALLED "EPILOGUE"! What are you implying, Nightmare? rs2img.memecdn.com/suspicious-as-fuck_o_460527.jpg

5850318 eyup, sorry, but hope everyone enjoyed the story :twilightsmile:

5850332 lol :twilightsmile:

5850420 I thought the Yugi reference (if it was what it was) was really funny :twilightsmile:

5850511 Sorry, I may do a sequel in the future, but no guarantees, sorry, but really happy that you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

5850913 No guarantees, but do have some ideas for one that may happen :twilightsmile:

5850942 You did? I hope so, I wanted to point at it but not confirm it in story in case I do the sequel :twilightsmile:

5850944 Thank you so much, the part with the alicorns was actually meant for the end of Endings just after Sunrise sent Princess Celestia the letter and I moved it there. Originally I just added it to the Epilouge because I forgot, but moved it to where it belonged. Really happy that you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile:

5850967 Choco chip pwease? lol thanks, really happy that you enjoyed the story and hope you enjoy my future works :twilightsmile:

5850995 There may be a sequel after my GF and me complete our cowritten story and finish up some of our other stories. :twilightsmile:

5851051 It's a possibility of being a followup story, and I don't mind at all, thank you :twilightsmile:

5851101 Thank you so much, really happy that you liked the story :twilightsmile:

5851288 Thanks, glad you liked it :twilightsmile:

5851310 Thank you so much, I fixed it. :twilightsmile:

So one of the main reasons Sunrise doesn't want to go back to being a human is because she would lose her uhh... persuasive personality? Yeah sure, let's go with that. (I'm just joking, that line of thought Sunrise had was pretty funny in my opinion.):rainbowlaugh:

Thanks, I wanted to add some thoughts of how she noticed how different being human was from being a pony while finding this feeling more like a home than the pony world was and not even interested in going back while adding in some humor to it lol :twilightsmile:

You did a great job fixing up the errors I pointed out before, and good thing you were reminded about what happened with Mrs. Cake so you could add that scene, even I forgot about Sunrise's encounter with her way back.

I honestly hate admitting I forgot it after scratching an idea of Celestia dragging Sunrise there earlier in the story, thankfully Wysteria reminded me and I could mention it in the epilogue. If I do a sequel, I might have to put the full scene in it :twilightsmile:

You know, I've had a lot of fun helping with this story (and I think helping you with this story has helped considerably lessen my near crippling fear of accidentally offending someone with my opinions on stories.), and I'm really sad to see it's over, but I guess all good things have to end eventually.

So Thank You for writing this story and thank you for letting me help along the way, it really has been an honor.

You were a huge help and you helped make this story a lot better than it could have been. All of your advice was great and never offensive as you talked about everything you pointed out could be improved as well as giving suggestions on what to do and helping catch spelling errors. You were awesome with all your help, never once throwing a hissy fit because of something and instead helped make it better and I am sooooo thankful for that, thank you very much. It was an honor to have you help so much with it. :twilightsmile:

5851410 Fixed, thank you so much for catching that :twilightsmile:

5851741 Wow thank you so much, I'm really happy that you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

5851758 There is ideas I have for a sequel, including some with Twilight, though if I do it it won't be until after my GF and me finish the new story we are working on and I get caught up with some of my other stuff, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the story and glad that you thought I stopped it in a good place as I was afraid it may have needed more, but I thought it was best to end it there. :twilightsmile:

5851885 Hopefully you have a happy future :twilightsmile: lol eyup, I was implying something that if I do a sequel may or may not be dealt with in it, either way if I do the sequel I hope you enjoy it :twilightsmile:

Well here lies an amazing story, please a moment of silence for its fantastic end:ajsleepy:
....
Omg it feels so weird now that this story is over I know how long it's been going on and now it's just over , well I just want you to know that you did an incredible job,
and who knows
You might think of an idea for a sequal sometime in the future and if that happens I want to know
Anyways thank you for writing this it was awesome:rainbowdetermined2:

Sunshy's canon, but there's a Twidance ship!?

(sigh) i love this. i truly do i saw your efforts to make a good story. and well you did a fucking fantastic job with shipping and the relatability of adoption i have came (in more ways than one because of this) one night about to pass out in my room watching netflix abd then i saw the movie that made me jizz RAINBOW ROQZ... you dont understand my excitment but after the movie i was like "ehh sunsets ok" then "damb son shes purty kewl" and then "HORY JESUS RIDING A BICYCLE SHE IS KEWL" so i did the natural thing and went on fimfiction to look up sunset stories and then this happend and after the first chaoter i was like NEED MOAR i ended waking up my sister up from yelling about my reaction to finishing said chapter but all in all this was a badass adventure thnkz bro for makin this m8 you sir get the long fabled mustache i commend you sir:moustache:but all good things come to an end... EXCEPT THIS SHIT DONT YOU DARE NOT WRITE A SEQUEL!

“What? It was funny!” Rainbow Dash cackled, before tripping and landing into the pool. A few moments later she surfaced spitting out a little water while their friends shook their heads laughing at their antics.

rainbow dash flying east is cannon

also wtf? this stiry has dislikes? i get opinions are a thing but really?

5854611 I'm really happy that you enjoyed it and I already have several ideas for possible sequels, though it probably won't be until after I catch up on my other stories and finish the new prject my GF and me are working on. :twilightsmile:


5855080 More of a sistership since Twilight's brother is married to Cadence here. :twilightsmile:


5855217 Thanks for the moostache lol :twilightsmile: I'm really happy that you enjoyed the story and knowing so many people truly did enjoy it made it so worth writing it, thank you so much. I do have several ideas for a sequel possibly :twilightsmile:


5855222 :twilightsmile:


5855233 Sadly, but it's no big deal really since so many more like the story :twilightsmile:


5855469 Eyup, Celestia and Discord was set to be married and Celestia was pregnant, when an accident involving Luna seriously hurt Celestia and killed her unborn child. :raritycry:

Finally finished reading this, and I have to say I loved it!

Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not but you set up nicely for a somewhat dark sequel.

“Luna, I failed her, and I’ll never forgive myself for that.” Celestia sighed as she stood up and started walking away slowly. “No pony will ever know just how important Sunset Shimmer truly was to me.”

I can see it happening just after Rainbow Rocks when the portal can be opened at will, and Princess Celestia finding out just who it was that adopted Sunrise.

Hoping it was intentional, but if not it would still be a great story.

I'll have to come back and read more later. A part of me wishes she'd actually, really "gone off the deep end", in part because I tend to think that such an action/result is more realistic than a last minute save and is more likely to result in a quicker turnaround (at least inwardly). By which I mean that if you go and do certain things, then I think you'll very quickly realize how badly you want to not be that person. On the other hand, the story's not so bad.

I'm glad you didn't go with the "Guys are assholes" stereotype. In the beginning of the story, it seemed like you were going with that, but seeing as Discord is Celestia's boyfriend, that theory was disproved. :twilightsmile: Although, that comment about Shimmer trying to "Persuade" males with her bust is moderately disconcerting. :trixieshiftright:

This story is still good. I can't help but come back and read it when I feel depressed. Thanks again for a good story! :scootangel:

6205638 well there is a sexism test in movies apperently but it's mostly only used for sexism against women. If you flip it this story wouldn't pass. :rainbowlaugh: But honestly I think the entire show of Mlp wouldn't pass and as a guy I still wouldn't care. Great story little problems here and there. Oh and I kinda wanted to see Sunrises reaction to what happened to her human counterpart.

Also I'm not entirely sure but I think twilight and trixie weren't born when sunset was celestia's student. Time in the human world passes slower so when she left she was alot older than twilight and when they met they were the same age roughly. Atleast I think I remember hearing that as the cannon explanation for it.

6304156 Wouldn't that kill Sunrise when she went through the portal though? She would be long lost to old age.

6306373 well that could be part of the reason she doesn't want to go back but I wouldn't think so the portal probably pops you out at the age you are it's just while there time passes as it does.

6307277 i see you sadistic flittershy just another timelord csquared knoedle and twilight shimmer

6310010 You have a good point, if I knew anything about Magic the Gathering that's probably what I would have went with since it seems like something Trixie would play. However the Yu-Gi-Oh reference in my comment (while it still works as one regardless) was more so meant to be a reference to one of the Roosterteeth Animated Adventures then it was to Yu-Gi-Oh.

Wait... it's over?

no... NOOOOO!!

I enjoyed this too much..

This story was fantastic. I have a severe weakness for motherhood stories and angst/hurt comfort stories. For me, you captured this story fantiscally. You even win bonus points for the Kim Possible crossover. I used to watch the shit out of that show. I even started to sing the song once I reached the chapter name but the crossover was a surprise till Shego was revealed. I really should have seen that coming :facehoof:

About the only thing that was really weird, yet not immersion breaking was that every single character (with the exception of Pinkie Pie) was damned emotional and angsty. Not a bad thing... just weird. I enjoyed myself a lot and I really liked this story. Bonus points for redeeming Shego. As she was my favorite character. Well played!

It's silly of me, but I would really like a sequel even though there aren't a lot of plot elements that could be explored. I just liked the characterizations. I shall add this story to the stories that made me like Celestia... as my relationship with her is shaky at best.

What a beautiful story...:twilightsmile:

Just thought I'd let you know that because of this story, there is now an EG version of my OC Tempest running around in my head (okay, maybe sulking would be more accurate than running, but still). Now I have to write about her (and the scary ghost lady that is certainly just a symptom of her insanity).

Just finished reading the entire story, you did a simply amazing job, loved every last single bit of it! :heart: :pinkiehappy:

Holly cow this was good

7859495 Actually, I think Sundagio is second most popular. Plus, can you name another title of a fic with SunShy?

Is there a sequel? If I start reading this I just would help a little bit to know this isn't the end, it is a always a bit sad if a nice story ends to soon.

8089186 Sun Twi is Sunlight to me. I have actually seen a few Siren ships now that I think about it.

You know, this is probably the 5th or 6th time I have read this story and I still enjoy it as if it were the 1st. I'm probably going to be like the others in the Comments and say that I wish this had a sequel. While I can understand if you never do write one, as you left it at a great ending, there are things I would love to see in a sequel.

Princess Luna finding out the truth about Sunrise and Celestia.

Now that the others have met SciTwi, would they need Princess Twilight if the Sirens showed up? Would they even start showing the signs of "ponying up" before that?

More scenes between Sunrise and Shego. I could see much quippage going on between the two of them (friendly, of course) and Kim's reaction if she ever saw it.

Fluttershy and Sunrise's belated date.

I have so many more ideas I could post here, but I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Anyway, still a very good story and I will always enjoy having found and having read it. God job.:twilightsmile:

wow... this was one of the best stories i have read in a long time!

Just... just one issue. The story is really good and I enjoyed it, but every time you should use "too", you used "to". The same is not true in reverse, however, so fixing it would require manually sifting through every instance of the word in some sort of text editor and deciding which is correct. Up to you if you want to do something about it. That's really all that detracts from this story. Awesome job anyways.

My inner lifeguard is screaming, “No running on the pool deck!”

Hey, disregard my earlier comment. I liked what you did here.

9819747
Since this author is most likely gone do you have any ideas on who could make a Sequel?

9997611
Ps are you sure yo cant think of anyone?

9998146
Well that or you.

Login or register to comment