• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 2,660 Views, 136 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Fate - Kujo Blaze



An interactive My Little Pony crossover of Fate/Stay Night

  • ...
1
 136
 2,660

Day 4 Saber 1

Is it because Rarity went home and my tension disappeared? My body feels dull, so I lay down in the living room. I stave off the returning nausea by lying on my side. The clock ticks in the silent living room.

“…A fight between Masters, huh?” I still don’t understand what it is. The only thing I’m sure of is that it’s beyond me. It would feel more real if I had more interest in the Harmony Grail…

“Why, I wonder? All I feel toward the Harmony Grail is disgust.” A grail said to make wishes come true. I don’t know what kind of a thing it is, but it’s an artifact that can even summon these things called Servants. It might not go as far as granting any wish, but it should have more than enough value for any mage to want it. But still… I’m not interested in it. It’s true that I’m dubious about its reality, but accepting that easy way to reach a goal feels like cheating myself.

“And the worst aspect of this thing is that the selection method is a battle.” …But this is a fight for a single chair. No matter what your expectations are, as long as you enter it, you can’t survive unless you defeat your enemies. And depending on your methods, defeating other Masters might result in harm to innocent ponies. 'That’s why… Rejoice, Storm Whooves'. My reason for fighting to now win the Harmony Grail War. …'Your wish will finally come true'. It is to stop those that would try to win it by any means possible. I feel dizzy again. It’s only natural. Even if it appears to be back to normal, my body was almost split in half a few hours ago. There’s no way this sickness will go away quickly. It seems more likely that it’ll continue for the rest of my life. Because I was almost killed three times in a day. If somepony weak joins a battle, it’s natural for him to get hurt. As compensation for my lack of strength, I almost lost my body… And she was wounded protecting me.

“…!” I get up. “Oh yeah, her…!” What am I doing? I totally forgot about her because Rarity was here. No, I unconsciously avoided thinking about her. …Coward. I have been avoiding recalling the mare who was wounded because of me. The one that was bleeding miserably because of me.

“Rarity didn’t say the most important thing…!” I pull my resting body together and stand up. Rarity didn’t say anything about Saber. She said she and Saber brought me here, but she said nothing more. The fact I need to know most: if she, the one wounded by Berserker, is all right or not. “Guh…” I look through the house, bearing the dizziness. I look around where somepony could be, all the guest rooms, but I cannot find Saber.

“That’s weird… she’s in that outfit, so you’d think it’d be easy to find her.” There’s no sign of the brave armor-clad Saber anywhere around the house. Rarity said Servants can become spirits, but I can’t do that. No, first of all… “They say I’m a Master, but just how am I a Master?” I don’t understand who she is nor how she exists. This is like a new soldier being given a tank.

“That’s right. Even if you give a stallion that has only used old guns a brand new weapon, he won’t know how to use it.” I complain. Well, the lucky thing is, this tank has an auto-pilot function. Even if the driver is terrible, the tank will fight on its own. Angry at my thoughts, I hit my head against the wall. “…How rotten of me, idiot. That was such an impolite complaint.” I apologize to the Rainbow-mane mare in my head. Now, I feel like I have to find her and confirm her safety.

“She’s not here either…” I search throughout the house. It’s a big house, but I didn’t play hide-and-seek with Pinkie as a colt for nothing. I know the efficient way to search this place. If I haven’t found her after searching this much, then… “The yard, the shed, or…” There are several possibilities, but I don’t even consider the possibility that she’s not here anymore. She said she would protect me. So I don’t think she would leave this place. “Maybe.” It suddenly hits me. Not the house, the yard, nor the shed where we first met. Come to think of it, there is another large building in this place. “She must be there.” I hurry. I head to the gym, separated from the main building. I’m a bit tense. If she’s not here, I will have to admit that she is gone.

“…?” That makes me realize. The inconsistency… even though I know nothing about her, I want her to stay. A wooden-floored room with nothing unnecessary. A gym built to train oneself in. In this silent place, in the faint sunlight… She is sitting there naturally. A space filled with tranquility. The sunlight shining in is white, and it makes her and the gym into one. I can see nothing amiss in her dignified posture. Just by sitting there, she stiffens the air in the gym. But there’s nothing cold about it. It’s because her figure is so pure, it makes me forget even about the cold winter air. Even the sound of my breath is a nuisance. The mare, sitting in the corner of the gym is definitely the mare from last night. The mare who appeared just before I was killed by Lancer, and the mare that mercilessly slashed him with her sword. Her rainbow mane, that was reflecting the blue moonlight, is now one with the warm sunlight.

That really makes me remember. This is exactly what I felt when I first saw her. The mare clad in armor, slashing her sword to silently overwhelm her opponent, I wasn’t surprised by how out-of-world that scene was. It doesn’t matter what she’s wearing. It probably wouldn’t change even if she was covered in mud. The mare that moved me deeply is still in front of me. That is why I forget even to breathe and continue to stare at her. Forgetting about Masters, the Harmony Grail War and everything. In this instant… I have completely accepted Saber. I do not know how long it was. Saber opens her eyes as if awakening from sleep.

“Oh.” My disappointed voice echoes loudly through the gym. Saber stands up, perhaps noticing the sound. “……” I walk towards her, still not knowing what to say.

“You are awake, Storm.” A calm voice. Her voice, echoing through the gym as if permeating it, is surprisingly suited to this place.

“Y-Yeah. I just got up.” I answer with a dull head.

“Storm? You seem pale, are you feeling ill?” The rainbow-mane mare approaches me.

“Uh, n-no…! I’m feeling really good…!” I quickly step back to get away from Saber.

“…?” Looking away from Saber, who is tilting her head questioningly, I calm down my pounding heart.

“…Calm down. What am I so tense about…!?” I take a deep breath. …But it doesn’t seem to die down quickly. In fact, I don’t think it ever will. “…Geez, why has she changed…?” I complain without meaning to. Saber’s clothes have changed dramatically since yesterday. She’s wearing normal clothes, completely unlike her armor. It’s rather unexpected and I’m troubled by it. …She is terribly beautiful. I thought I figured that out yesterday, but it really hits me now. Perhaps her armor looked so surreal that I didn’t notice yesterday. But if she dresses like a mare, as a healthy stallion, I’m troubled.

“Storm.” I tense up the moment our eyes meet. But I didn’t look for her so as to not talk to her. I’m troubled, but I can’t stay quiet forever.

“It’s Saber, right? This will be the first time we sit down and talk, but…” I make up my mind and talk to her. …And then.

“Storm. Before that, there is something I would like to tell you about last night.” She interrupts my words with a sullenness that makes her earlier calmness seem like an illusion.

“…? All right, what is it?”

“It is about last night. You are my Master. It is troubling if you take such an action. Battle is my work, so you must concentrate on your role. If you go and die in vain yourself, there is no way I can protect you.” Saber says so clearly. …That makes the tension I was feeling vanish.

“W-What do you mean!? You would have been slashed if I didn’t do that!”

“In case, I would have just died. It was not something you should have been hurt for. I will repeat myself. Please do not take such an action again. There is no need for my Master to protect me, and there is no reason for it either.” She speaks plainly. It must be because she is speaking so practically.

“Wha… don’t be stupid. You don’t need a reason to save a mare…!” I reply unconsciously. Maybe she was surprised at being yelled at, but she pauses for a moment as if I’ve done something unexpected. And then, she stares at me with indescribable dignity. “Uh…” I back up a bit being stared at. Her look makes me realize that I’ve said something really out-of-place, and it embarrasses me. “A-Anyway, I’m grateful that you brought me home. I’ll thank you for that.”

“You are welcome. It is natural for a Servant to protect her Master, but I am happy to be thanked. You are very polite.”

“No. I’m not polite.” More importantly, there’s something I need to clarify right now. It’s something I should have asked right after I got home yesterday. If she is really my Servant. And… if she is really taking part in this war. “Going back to our conversation, Saber. …Oh, I’ll ask formally, but can I call you Saber?”

“Yes. Since I have formed a contract with you as a Servant, I am your sword. I will follow your orders, defeat your enemies, and protect you.” Saber says so without the slightest hesitation. There’s no room for me to question her about it.

“Become my sword, huh? To win this harmony Grail War?”

“…? Is that not why you have summoned me?”

“No. I summoned you because…” I can’t say it was by pure accident. No, first of all, I didn’t even summon her. She just appeared when I was in danger, and saved me with her own decision. The result is the situation we are in. I became Saber’s Master, and I was dragged into this thing called the Harmony Grail War. Not one bit of it was my intention. I’m just an amateur mage that was dragged into this battle beyond my abilities… “...! What of it? …I’ve already convinced myself that I have to fight. I can’t complain now.” I shake my head lightly and stop whining. That’s it. A stallion has said he will fight. So I cannot even talk about running away. This will be the last time I will talk or think about whining. No matter how the decision came, I have decided to fight.

“Storm?”

“…Oh, it’s nothing. But Saber, there’s only a small chance of winning if you stay with me. I don’t have the powers or the brains of Rarity, so tomorrow might end up like today. Are you okay with that?”

"Does that mean that you lack the will to fight?”

“I have the will. I just don’t have the chance of victory, so I’m asking you if you’re all right serving such a Master. This is a battle I have decided to take on. So…” I think it’s wrong for somepony to get hurt in my place. Even though I’m weak, making Saber fight, and… I can’t stand letting a scene like that happen again.

“You are my Master, Storm. This fact will not change. A Servant does not have the freedom to choose its Master.” That’s true. That’s why Saber is my Servant right now. Then I should try my best not to burden her too much.

“…All right. So you’re content I’m your Master?”

“Yes. But Storm, I will not allow defeat for my Master. If you have no chance of victory, I will make one for you. I will use every means possible to have you obtain the Harmony Grail. That is why we follow the call of the summoning.” To obtain the Harmony Grail, huh? Rarity said Servants also have a wish they want granted. So Saber must be no exception. That is why she has no doubts. But that means.

“…Hold on, Saber. You said any means possible, right? Does that mean you do not care what measures you take to win the war? For example, attacking ponies to gain pow…” I cannot finish. Saber is looking at me like I’m an enemy.

“Storm, that’s not a possibility. I can only do those things I will allow myself to do. I cannot betray my beliefs. It is against the knight’s oath to hurt those who are unarmed. But I must obey if you order so. In that case, you will have to use one of your Command Spells to compensate for treading inside me.” I am overwhelmed by her angered voice. But still, I’m happy and relieved. Her lack of doubt gave her the image of a cold fighting machine, but I know now that she is not a cold-blooded killer.

“Yeah, I won’t let you do such a thing. As you say, we have to do our best with what we can do. …I’m really sorry. I insulted you without realizing it.”

“Uh… no, I jumped to a hasty conclusion without knowing your intentions. You are not at fault, so please raise your head…”

“Huh? Oh sorry, I apologized without realizing it.” I raise my head. I don’t know what’s funny, but Saber has a small smile on her face. “…?” Well, I’m glad she’s smiling, so I won’t ask her about it. “…Oh, I forgot to tell you. I said we’ll do whatever we can, right? As one measure, I’ve decided to cooperate with Rarity for a while. Remember Archer’s Master, who you were with for a while yesterday?”

“You mean Rarity? …I see, that is certainly an intelligent choice. There will be many things you can learn from her, until you become a suitable Master.” …Thank Hasbro. If Saber agrees, I can proudly cooperate with Rarity. The only other thing I need to ask her right now is…

...Where did you get those clothes?

Is she alright?

Which heroine is Saber?

Comments ( 4 )

'That’s why… Rejoice, Storm Whooves'.

1. Your quote mark is a little too early.

Also... Suuure Storm... ask a mare about clothes, if Saber was like most normal mares then she would go yacking on about how fashionable it is and etc or even call you a pervert and shit...:rainbowwild:

2046512 Ponies have shame in this universe.

No, going through a hard time. So... I really should put this on hiatus.

"I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body and fire is my blood, I have created over a thousand blades, unknown to life, nor known to death, have withstood pain to create many weapons, yet these hands will never hold anything, so as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Login or register to comment