• Published 29th Oct 2014
  • 284 Views, 0 Comments

Ghastly - The Inverse Twins - Mirage Duane Mic Jr



A military mare and her criminal twin sister team up against what goes bump in the night in an attempt to take over their adoptive father's work.

  • ...
 0
 284

001 - Pilot

[03:00 December 21, Celestial Year 1955]
[The Twin’s first home]

It was a cold night in Ponyville, most ponies were in bed by now, but a little filly by the name Evermore was tossing and turning on the top bunk of the bunk bed she shared with her sister. She was having a horrific nightmare, something she wish she could wake up from, but no matter how hard the filly tried she couldn’t open her eyes for what felt like hours. Only minutes later did she feel herself being shaken by her sister Light, who kept calling her name.

“Evermore,” Light called out to her. “Please, wake up.”

With a few rough shakes Evermore opened her eyes and looked at her sister, gasping for breath and panting. She had just escaped from what felt like Tartarus, and she was relieved. She looked at her sister and smiled. “Th-thanks, sis…”

Light smiled at her and nodded. “No problem....” Her expression then went somber, “Was it the nightmare again?”

Evermore nodded, “Yeah… It felt so real though…”

“It wasn’t, Evermore, don’t worry about that.” Light smiled warmly at Evermore, trying to calm her down.

Within moments Evermore sighed. “I know… But… I’m scared for mommy and daddy… Can we go check on them?”

“What are we, their parents?” Light raised an eyebrow at her, but when she saw the fear in Evermore’s eyes she couldn’t help but go with her plan. “Okay, Ever… Let’s go see them…”

The two fillies hopped off their bed and headed out their bedroom door and into the hallway where the heard singing… A mare’s voice, Evermore froze in shock as she heard the mare singing, it sounded muffled as if the mare had her mouth covered by something.

Light blinked and looked at Evermore. “P-please tell me that wasn’t in your dream…”

Evermore looked at the door. “I-it was…” She kept looking at the door, hoping she was dreaming again.

It took a moment for Light to take Evermore’s hoof and walk towards the door. “We have to stop it…”

“W-we can’t!” Evermore shouted, horrified.

The mare’s singing stopped and Light sighed. “Maybe it’s gone…”

Evermore started to shiver a bit in fright.

Light looked at the door, dragging Evermore by the hoof to the door as she opened it with her magic. Inside the room their parents were sleeping and a figure wearing a black robe was watching over them.

The figure was tall, wearing all black, no part of it’s body was visible from the back. As it heard the door open it turned around and over it’s face was a white mask with a long muzzle that looked more like a bird’s beak and black stained glass over it’s eyes. It spoke with a mare’s voice., “Hello… Children…”

Light froze up and Evermore screamed in fright as the thing gazed at them.

GHASTLY
“Pilot” written by Mirage Mic

[12:45, October 31st, Celestial Year 1969]
[Canterlot HQ]

Light was celebrating with her co-workers at a small Nightmare Night party.

“To the next successful mission,” said a young stallion who just passed his exams and underwent training.

“And may there be many more,” said a mare as they all raised glasses of wine into the air with their unicorn magic.

Light sipped her drink slowly, enjoying her time. Recently she had joined the Alchemist Legion, a special ops group of talented unicorns formed by Princess Twilight after her coronation. Their mission was to aid Equestrians at home or over the border through many tasks, whether that be bounty hunting, aiding hospitals, or even just helping old mares through their day. Tonight was a night of celebration though, so Light and her coworkers enjoyed their rationed wine.

“Been dying for tonight,” said the young stallion, “For once we don’t need to fill out after action reviews or even go out, just get to sit back and enjoy tonight.”

The mare chuckled and looked to him. “You enjoy any time you can get a glass of wine, don’t you?”

“I’m a stallion of simple pleasures.” He took a sip of his wine. “We’ve got the night off, why don’t we head down to town for the festivities?”

Light smiled and took a sip from her glass. “I’d be all game if it weren’t for the creepers out there tonight.”

The stallion looked at her. “You gotta loosen up, Light. With that cape around your neck, no pony will mess with you.”

“Well…” Light thought it over for a moment.

The mare looked at her. “Wait, isn’t it also your birthday?”

“Yeah.” Light smiled. “I’m actually expecting a letter tonight.”

“Oh?” the mare chuckled. “From who? A secret admirer?”

“No... My father’s lawyer…” Light looked down, remembering her father’s death…

[03:00 December 21, Celestial Year 1967]
[The twin’s second home]

It had been two years since Light and Evermore were adopted by a single stallion. He raised them as if they were his blood and was a decent father, though one night after Evermore had another nightmare…

“Light! We have to get out of here!” Evermore shook light in her sleep, trying to wake her sister up.

Light groaned and woke up, looking up at Evermore. “What’s wrong?”

“I had the nightmare again!”

“What!?” Light got up. “Are you sure it’s not just-” She saw how serious Evermore was and nodded. “Let’s get dad.”

The two ran out of the room and towards their father’s room, where the same black figure from their childhood stood looking at the stallion. The figure looked to them, still in the same mask. “Hello… children…”

Light gasped. “L-leave him alone!”

Evermore froze in shock, scared that she’d have to relive the encounter again.

The figure shook it’s head and engulfed in flames, the entire room starting to burn…

[12:50, October 31, Celestial Year 1969]

Light sighed. “It’s been two years since he died... “

The stallion looked at her and then looked down. “I-I’m sorry…”

The mare nodded. “Well, we’ll be in town… If you want to join us later, we’ll wait.”

Light nodded. “Okay…”

The two left the room, Light alone in the office as she sipped her glass of wine slowly.

[03:00, October 31, Celestial Year 1969]
[Canterlot Jail]

Two guards dragged Evermore through the halls of the jail, putting her in a cell.

Evermore looked at the two from behind the bars. “You two are just jealous I didn’t offer any of me.”

“Shut up, whore.” One of the guards scoffed at her, locking her cell.

She spat at them. “If I would’ve f***ed you you wouldn’t be putting me in here.”\

The other guard looked at her, “You make me sick.”

She giggled. “I’ll keep wet for you.”

The first guard slams the bars. “Shut up!”

[15:00, October 31, Celestial Year 1969]
[Canterlot HQ]

Light entered the mailroom in hopes that her letter had arrived. She noticed two letters in her box, pulling them out and sitting down in one of the chairs in the room. She opens the envelope on one addressed by Mister Psych.

Dear Brigadier General Light Inverse,

I worked with your father and helped him write his will, and now that it’s your 20th birthday his request for his will to be presented to you and your sister is to be fulfilled. Meet me at my office on Dale street, the address is on the envelope. Bring your sister, he specifically requested both of you attend.
Sincerely,
Doctor Psych

It was about time. Light had no idea what her father had left the two, but it must have been good. Now it was time for the second letter. It was addressed by the Canterlot Sheriff.

Dear miss Inverse,

Your friend/relative has been arrested and wishes to provide you with this statement.

“Light, you gotta bail me outa here, I was [Message Redacted].”

If you wish to bail her out, please report to Canterlot Jail with the required amount, 300,000 Bits.
Sincerely
Canterlot County Sheriff Trust

Light sighed as she read it. “Hold on Evermore, I’ll be there for you....”

[15:30 October 31, Celestial Year 1969]
[Canterlot Jail]

Light trotted to Evermore’s cell and looked at her, sighing. “What’d you do this time?”

Evermore looked up at Light. “Well, it’s about time.”

“Evermore, what did you do?”

“Can’t you just be happy to see your twin sister?” Evermore smiled cutely at her.

“What did you do?” Light was not amused.

Evermore sighed. “I was scrap for cash and sold myself to the night…”

“Prostitution?” Light raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah…” Evermore blushed and looked down.

Light shook her head. “I already paid your bail, let’s get you out of here…”

“Thanks sis.” She smiled at her.

The guard approached and unlocked Evermore’s cell, “You’re free to go.”

Evermore chuckled and kissed the guard’s cheek. “I won’t charge you for that.”

He shook his head and walked away.

“Smooth.” Light told her.

“Hey, a mare’s gotta make a living.” Evermore chuckled.

“There’s gotta be more than prostitution, that’s just a fine way under 300,000 bits”

“I may have had a bit of… meth… For sale....” Evermore looked down again.

“I wonder why I keep bailing you out…” Light sighed. “Come on, we’re going to see Doctor Psych.”

“Why?” Evermore looked at Light quizzically.

“How old are we?” Light started walking away from the cell.

“Oh… It’s our birthday…” She joins Light. “Happy birthday sis… Couldn’t get you a present…”

“It’s okay. I didn’t get you anything either.” Light kept trotting.

Evermore kept walking behind Light. “You know you’re cute, right? Why’d you join the Alchemist Legion, you could’ve made a good-”

“I’ll let you think a second before finishing that sentence.” Light kept walking.

“I’m just saying, stallions go crazy for twins.” Evermore chuckled.

Light sighs, blushing a bit. “Not gonna happen.”

“You never know~” Evermore giggled, blushing a bit.

[18:00 October 31, Celestial Year 1969]
[Doctor Psych’s office]

Light and Evermore sat across from each other in the waiting room, silent for minutes.

Finally Evermore decided to speak. “At least we’ll be getting some kind of gift today…”

“Yeah…” Light replied.

“Been a while since I’ve last seen you…” Evermore blushed a bit, looking at Light, then down to the table between them.

“It has…” Light looked at the table as well. “Why’d you turn to drugs and sex?”

“I had nowhere else to go… I wasn’t born with your discipline, I wasn’t born with your talents… I was born with looks and a curse...” She brushed her violet bangs out of her right eye, her right eye yellow and her left green. She looked over at Light and saw a yellow set of numbers above her head, not sure what they meant but they kept counting down. It was a huge number so she wasn’t too worried.

“You think it’s great being me…” She looked at Evermore with her two yellow eyes, not being able to see colors other than a green light coming from Evermore’s chest.

“You’re right…” Evermore sighed. “Sis… Nopony understands us… Why do we have this…?”

“I don’t know…” Light sighed. “No book in the Alchemist Legion Library had even a hint of our case…”

“Sis… I’m scared of these numbers… When I saw dad get killed by that thing, his number was low… What if I see another low number?”

“I don’t know… Evermore, let’s not worry about this right now…” Light looked up at her.

“O-okay…” Evermore looked up at Light, blushing a bit.

“You okay?” Light asked, noticing the blush.

“Yeah, why?”

“Nothing... “ Light looked to the door. “He called us here, when’s he gonna see us?”

Evermore shrugged. “Maybe he’s busy with other wills.”

“Can’t be everypony’s date for this.” Light looked back at Evermore.

“Yeah... “ Evermore looked back at the table, trying to avoid eye contact.

[18:30 October 21, Celestial Year 1969]
[Doctor Psych’s office]

Evermore and Light had just started to get tired when Doctor Psych, a bug eyed stallion with a tan coat in a black suit, walked out of his office door. “Light? Evermore?”

Light blinked as she woke up. “Huh?”

“Wha?” Evermore also barely escaped sleeping.

Doctor Psych looked at the two. “Please come in.”

The twins stretched a bit and walked into the office, sitting in the two chairs in front of a desk as Psych sat in a massive chair behind it.

“So,” Doctor Psych began, “You two are now 20, it’s been two years since your father had died and he finally wishes you to have what you deserve.” He opened his drawer and pulled up an old leather bound journal which was torn up and a pouch filled with bits.

Light took the book and looked at it. “What is it?”

Evermore greedily grabbed the bits and pocketed them. “Thanks Doc.”

Doctor Psych looked at Light. “It’s his journal. He also told me to read this to you.” He pulled up a paper and put on a pair of reading glasses. “To my dearest adopted daughters, I’ve kept a secret from you for some time. I’m not just a royal guard like you assume I am. I’ve spent many years hunting things you wouldn’t believe. I want you to carry on my work, the thing that killed your parents is coming back and it must have taken my life. You need to prepare for it again. I don’t have much time to write, so I’ll keep this brief, prepare yourself by fighting anything in this book. Keep a good eye on the news, watch for strange deaths or disappearances, and you’ll know what to do.”

Light blinked, then opened the journal, reading a few headings and blinking. “This is new to me…”

Evermore sighed. “So wait, we’re going to hunt… things?”

Doctor Psych nodded. “Monsters, ghosts, things of that sort.”

“But ghosts aren’t real,” Light announced.

“Then what killed your father?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Even if it was, how do we hunt them?” Light returned a raised eyebrow.

“It’s all in the book.” Doctor Psych closed his drawer. “Have a nice night, I have another appointment soon.”

Evermore got up. “Don’t need to tell me to get outa here twice.”

Kight got up and nodded. “Have a good evening, Doctor.”

[20:00 October 31, Celestial Year 1969]
[Hotel Room]

Evermore walked in, “Come on in, Sis.”

Light looked around. “This is where you live?”

“Yup.” Evermore nodded. “What do you think?”

“To be honest I’d rather stay in basic training barracks.” Light noticed the room was a mess of random things, mostly adulterous toys. “You’re disgusting…”

“Hey, as long as we’re working on Dad’s legacy, you gotta deal with it.” Evermore flopped on the bed.

“I have a room at HQ, we could stay there.”

Evermore shrugged. “Doesn’t have the same feel. Sleep on the couch or with me.”

Light looked at her. “If I sleep with you, you won’t come on to me, right?”

“No promises~” Evermore giggles.

“How about if you come on to me I’ll make you regret it?” Light looked at her, a bit of hatred in her eyes.

“Fine…” Evermore patted the empty side of the bed next to her.

Light layed down next to her, sighing. “Goodnight…”

“Goodnight…” Evermore yawned.

Within minutes the two fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Hopefully this will be published on Halloween. Please look forward to future installments, this is my main focus at the moment. It's not as good as it could be, but it's the best I could do right now. It'll be a bit slow to update since I don't have future installments planned, so please wait patiently for new chapters.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment