• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 1,344 Views, 36 Comments

Celestia is Asked to Dance at the Gala - kuma2564



Feeling loney at her own party, Celestia makes some poor decistions.

  • ...
11
 36
 1,344

Wait... Come Back...

I… I don’t know what to say. Standing halfway up a flight of stairs, watching the silver stallion search her expression, getting more desperate by the second. Come on, Celestia, don’t just stand there! SAY SOMETHING!
But no words escaped her lips, frozen with swelling emotion.
“I… think I should go…” disappointment thick in his voice, he turns, trotting slowly down the stairs.
In a small voice, Celestia, stretching out a hoof in his direction, finally squeezes out, “Stay…” But he’s out of ear-shot by then. The clicking sounds of his hoof echo through the empty portion of the castle, each one chipping her heart farther down.
Shaking her head, fighting off more tears, turned, and headed to her room.
Why did I let him walk away? She thought, mentally scolding herself as she opens the door to her room. Her empty, dark, lonely room. Lighting a few candles with a flick of magic, and sliding off her dress, turns to her bathroom.
In her mirror, she’s mortified over her appearance. Long streaks of black run from her eyes, chocolate and cream smear her left cheek, muzzle coated in the leftovers of her junk-food diner, and her hair lays flat, no longer sparkling with its normal magic. I… look horrible…
Running a stream of water, she rinses off her face, feeling a little better seeing the black water flowing down the drain.
Then, drawing a bath, she slips in to her tub. Warmth surrounds her, and her strawberry scented bubbles relax her mind.
As she soaks, her mind turns back to the events of the night. What was Equestria going to think of their princess after that display? I do not wish to think about that at this moment…
Then there was Silver Hoof. I shouldn’t have let him go… I should have just told him to accompany me tonight… But that moment had passed.
Though thoughts about the Stallion persisted, wanting only to re-experience his embrace. Oh, how nice it was to be held that way. But, would it be fair to him? His life would be but a short chapter compared to mine.
Sighing, she grabs her special shampoo, and rubs the sparkling soap in to her dying hair. Maybe, it would be good to have some romance in my life. I’ve been so closed off to the idea for so long. Washing the suds out, the magic returns to her mane, flowing again as if it never knew defeat.
Grumbling, her belly decided at that moment it would not be ignored any longer. Knowing that something would need to be done soon, she had no choice but to leave the waters embrace. Stepping out, and slipping on her fluffy white, monogrammed robe.
Maybe I shall search him out. I have been needing a little whimsy lately.
After finding a light snack and ditching the robe, she finds one of the gate guards
“I need to find a silver stallion, looks as though he might be from Saddle Arabia. He may have left the party about half an hour ago.”
He thought for a moment, “Ah, yes, I think I remember him. Looked quite sad. When I asked him, he just muttered something about ‘he should have never come here’ and ‘was heading to his lodging’”
“Did he say where?”
“No.”
Crap. “Thank you.” Before he could respond, she took to the sky in hopes she could see him from above. It was a decent walk from the castle in to town, so chances are she would spot him.
The night air was crisp and light, flowing through her feathers like light through a window. Normally she loved conditions like this, but this flight wasn’t one for pleaser. Scanning the roads, she saw little except the shops open late, hoping for late night patrons from the soon ending gala, and the occasional pony, but none where her mark. Looking at one of the cities clock towers, seeing it read 11:39, she knew the Gala would end soon and her chances of finding him from the air would dwindle to next to none.
Maybe the group he was with is still at the party. Tilting her wings, she banks left, and picks up speed with several hard beats.
Stepping back into the ballroom, she notices the party winding down. The dance floor empty save a few pairs, the cratering decimated, most tables empty, and many party goers making a somber exit. Soon though, she found the table of Silver’s peers, being the only full table left in the room.
They were all joking in a different dialect, their booming laughter filling the slowly emptying room. Trotting over, the joking came to a stop, and she felt nine pairs of eyes lay sight on her.
“I am looking for Silver Hoof. Do you know where he is?”
A few moments past, that turned into a few minutes, before the laughter started up with a renewed energy. Glaring at them, they eventually paused long enough for one of them to say, “We thought he left with you and we would not see him till morning”
His accent is much thicker. And much less attractive… “No, I… he left and… well, I wish to know where he would have gone.”
They burst out with more laughter. “Ha! We knew he would never be able to court the Princess of Equestria!”
Another, perhaps being a little less… insensitive to his peer, speaks up, “If he left here, he would have gone back to hotel. We are staying at Grand Valley Hotel.”
“Thank you. Enjoy the rest of your evening.”
Standing outside of the room number the others gave her, staring at the faded green door, the late night chill making her wish she didn’t ditch her robe, she wanted to knock. Why am I hesitating! This is what I want to do. I think… raising her hoof, she just, holds it there. What if he doesn’t want to talk? I did upset him quite bad… Come on, Celestia. Pony up.
Tap, tap, tap. The sound echoes through the night. A light flicks on in the room.
“Just a minute,” the voice is his, something in her let out a sigh of relief.
Thom-thump. The seconds drag on as sounds of movement drift out of the room. Thom-thump. What is taking so long? Thom-thump Thom-thump. Her heart was trying to escape like a caged dragon. Thom thump thom-thump thom-thump!
As the door opens, her heart drops in to her gut. His silver coat comes in to view, and his head appears, scanning the walk way. His eyes light up at the sight of the Princess of the Day.
“What are you doing here?” he asks as his surprise turns to confusion. “I thought you were ill.”
“I think I owe you an apology-“ Saying as she moves a little closer to him “-I have acted like a fool tonight. After you said that… I... I just did not know how to-“
The sentence would never be finished, being cut short by a kiss from the unicorn. Surprised at first, she leaned in to it warmth filling her being. This is wonderful. Am... I really falling for him?
When lips part, there is a string of passion left hanging in the air. Celestia breaks the tension first, “Come with me back to my room. I wish for you to spend the night with me.”
“I… Princess, I-“
“Please, call me Celestia”
“… Celestia. I don’t know if I should… We jus-“ Gets a hoof shoved into his mouth.
“It is not like that, or at least I don’t have intentions of it tonight. My belly is still not very happy.”
“Oh, I guess I will. Better than being the butt of the jokes of the ponies I’m here with.”
She spots the mascara still on his shoulder. “Then come. It shall be pleasant to spend the night with company, rather than alone. Do you want to fly back?”
“OH, nononononono! I think my hoofs would prefer the ground.”
“Be adventurous Silver Hoof!” She grasps him, extending her wings.
“NO! I will not let you!“ ignoring him, she crouches. “I really do not approve of th-! “ Springing off the balcony, grip tight on the now terrified pony, she takes to the skies again.
“THIS IS INSANE!”
Celestia laughs, “Calm down. I am not going to drop you.”
“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?”
“I didn’t want to walk back.” He whimpers for the rest of the trip. Wimp.
All too soon, she sets him down on her balcony, and lands beside him. “You’re no fun.”
Wide eyed, wind-blown, and gasping he looks at her, “How. Was that. Supposed to be fun.”
“It’s refreshing. Now, wash up, you have my embarrassment on your shoulder.” Trotting in to her room, and lighting her candles again. “Well? Are you going to come in or just stand there getting cold.”
Blinking, he moves forward, clearly shaken. “Where would I wash up?”
“Wash room, past that door” Points to it. “Just, don’t use my shampoo. Magical flowing hair would not suit you.”
“Uh… sure.” He disappears into the small adjacent room. She rests outside the door.
“So, who are you Silver Hoof?”
Over the sound of running water, “I’m a silversmith, from Saddle Arabia. I’m only here tonight because my father wanted me to get out of my work shop and experience something different. And I certainly got something different…”
“Why did you come up to me and ask me to dance?”
“My… friends I guess you could call them, dared me to… It was either that or they would leave me behind in Equestria.”
“That sounds a tad bit cruel.”
“I’m not here with them by choice.”
A few minutes of silence follow. Silver, “Why did you come back wanting to dance?”
“I have… Not had much of a love life. At first I did, back when Equestria was founded. But it was just to find somepony to provide me an heir, and many of my suitors were… not right for me. And a few years, I found that I was not aging, realizing that the magic that I channel every morning was preventing it. Meaning I did not need an heir, so I gave up.
“But, with so many years passing by, I have stopped making relations with other ponies. Its, just hard. So many faces-“ She feels hot tears flowing again “- I just couldn’t handle it. But, after so many years, I’ve just been lonely recently. I danced with you tonight, because I… I needed to feel mortal again. Feel some love without regretting it.” As she’s about to start full on crying, she feels the stallions warm embrace again. He smells like strawberries.
She leans on him again. “Thank you for letting me feel a little tonight. I needed this. Come, let us get to bed. It is late, and if I don’t raise the sun on time, it’s not a pretty sight.”
They rise from the floor, and move sluggishly towards her large bed. Blowing out one candle at a time with a little burst of magical wind, she pulls him into the bed.
Wrapping his foreleg around her form, a thought of something that’s been nagging at her for a while resurfaces. “How did you know tonight is my birth day?”
“I just had a feeling.” He blows out the last candle.

Author's Note:

After the lights go out, they do not go to sleep yet. But that's another story. :twilightblush:

Comments ( 14 )

That was perfect! Truthfully, I thought that this chapter would just be an unnecessary addition, but I'm glad I was so wrong. Seriously, this was very nice, and a pleasure to read.

5199888
Whew, I was afraid of it being unnecessary. But there will be 2 more, but I may not do them. *shrugs* it is good the way it is.

5202369

I concur, but if you can make it work as good as this then don't let something as trivial as "doubt" get in the way.

Either way, keep up the good work.

5202386
Well, with that I will. I did work really hard on the moon set and sun rise scene. I'm just stuck on what the 2 do during that day... Well, other than *SPOILER OMITTED*

5202417
Eh, luck is hard to come by.

5202432

Lol, I see. Well I hope it comes out as well as this one.

5202445
The beginning is. I just need to... work out the kinks for the rest of it...

Now that...that was just nice
I got nothin' for that, that was just genuinely a good way to spend time

5280791
*Bows* You're welcome. More stories are to come from me. Stay tuned.

Just saw that this had another chapter. That's what I get for not adding it to my tracking list *shakes fist at self mentally*

I liked it though. Felt nicer than leaving him with illness on him. *thumb up*

5306232
I had actually planed to more chapters. they fell through the cracks.. its nice how it is.

Login or register to comment