• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 2,011 Views, 24 Comments

Out of the Abyss - Sheepdog136



Colgate, Lyra, and Carina are selected to be Princess Cadance's Brides mares

  • ...
3
 24
 2,011

Out of the Abyss

Out of the Abyss

by: Sheepdog136

“I want you three girls to be my brides mares,” said Princess Cadance.

“But why Princess?” Colgate questioned, “You barely know us.”

“She’s right Princess, There are plenty of other ponies that would be a much better fit,” stated Lyra.

Princess Cadance sighed softly, “I truly want you girls to be my brides mares.”

“Are you sure?” the pink maned pony asked.

“Yes I am sure Carina, now go on and find Rarity to get measured for your dresses.”

The three young mares accepted the honor of being a bride mare and walked out of Princess Cadance’s room and down to where Rarity was roomed. “Well that was surprising,” said Lyra, “Who would have thought.”

“I’m so excited! I heard Rarity makes the best dresses in all of Equestria,“ Carina joyfully said.

“Yeah, she does make a good dress,” Colgate said, “I saw a fashion shoe feature her dresses awhile ago.”

The trio arrived at Rarity’s door and knocked softly and almost immediately they were greeted by Rarity beckoning them to come inside.

“Come in! Come in! I must hurry and get these dresses done, the wedding is just around the corner,” Rarity excitedly said as she got out a measuring tape. Once she got the ponies standing in place she wrapped the measuring tape around their bodies in multiple places and took note to the measurements and each mare’s colorful features. “Alright all done, now if you don’t mind i have a day full of work ahead of me.”

Rarity pushed the three out and close the door. The trio heard the rustling of fabrics and a sewing machine turning on. “Well what now?” Lyra wondered aloud. The other two ponies shrugged. “I guess we could see if Princess Cadance needs anything.”

Colgate and Carina nodded in agreement and the three headed back up the hall towards Princess Cadance’s room.

As the three were walking up the long hall Carina said, “I really hope that I catch the bouquet, it’s always been my dream.”

“Not if I have anything to do about it,” Colgate teased, “That bouquet is mine!”

“There is no chance either of you girls are catching it,” Lyra continued the joke, “I’ll be the one getting married next.”

“Common girls stop kidding, it really is my dream.” Carina pled. Lyra and Colgate giggled to themselves.

“But in all seriousness Carina, I am going to get that bouquet, I always wanted to catch one too,” Lyra said.

“Well if you two are both trying to get it, then I will make an effort to catch it myself,” Colgate said while approaching the large and ornate double-door to Princess Cadance’s room and gave it a loud but polite knock.

Footsteps approached the door and the trio was greeted by Shining Armor. “Why hello there girls? Did you girls get fitted for your dresses yet?”

Colgate and the others nodded and Colgate asked, “Does the Princess need any help with anything? We would be more than happy to help.”

“No that won’t be necessary, she’s doing fine by herself, but if you would excuse us, I have the biggest headache right now and i need to lie down for a bit,” Shining Armor replied.

“Well alright,” Colgate said, “So when should we be back to try on the dresses?”

“I’ll send for you when they are done,” Shining Armor replied as he closed the door.

“So we just wait now?” Carina asked.

“Apparently so,” Lyra said with a sigh, “I wonder how long that will take.”

The three mares went to the garden and waited patiently to be summoned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

Colgate was falling into slumber when two guards approached and one spoke in a loud and strong voice, “Your dress is ready Miss Colgate.”

Colgate jumped to her hooves, “Oh, you startled me sir.”

“My apologizes Miss,” the Guard said, “The Princess and the others are waiting for you inside.”

“Alright, thank you sir,” Colgate replied as she scurried into the castle. Colgate figured they would be waiting for her near Rarity’s room. And sure enough she was right. Princess Cadance scolded her for being late and forgetful.

“I’m sorry Princess Cadance, I fell asleep and-” Colgate was cut off by Princess Cadance.

“I don’t want to hear your petty excuses, let’s just see these dresses and continue on with our day,” Princess Cadance rudely said. The four walked in to see Rarity and Twilight. Princess Cadance walked over to her bridal gown and Colgate overheard her complaining about it, but she was too mesmerized about her own dress to take notice. Lyra and Carina were also admiring her own dress.

“These dresses should be a different color,” Princess Cadance.

“I think they’re lovely!” Carina said.

“Me too,” Colgate agreed

“I love them,” added Lyra.

Princess Cadance look back at them with a stern glance, “Make these a different color,” then left Rarity’s room and the three followed. Colgate still thought they were wonderful, but it is Princess Cadance’s wedding after all.

“What were wrong with those dresses?” Lyra boldly stated, “They were beautiful!”

The bride-to-be smirked, “I’ll tell you, but let’s talk in private, shall we girls?”

The trio nodded in agreement even though they did not understand her previous comment. The Princess lead them into her sleeping quarters and turned around and said plainly, “I think I need to rethink my choices for my bride mares.”

Colgate gasped, “But why Princess? What did we do wrong?”

“You have done nothing wrong, it’s just i have other plans for you three,” Princess Cadance said with a maniacal grin.

“You’re scaring me Princess, I think i might just leave,” Carina said shyly as she tried to walk out the door.

“Not so fast there Carina,” said the Princess as her magical aura consumed the door and locked it, “Like I said, I still have plans for you three.”

“Please Princess, don’t do anything you’ll regret, three unicorns versus one alicorn, You would want anything bad to happen, would you?” Lyra taunted.

“LYRA!” Colgate yelled, “She is an alicorn for Celestia’s sake.”

“No, no, you’re right Lyra, three well trained unicorn like yourselves could probably take on a normal alicorn, they are a bit hyped up in my own opinion,” the Princess smugly said, “But i am no Alicorn.”

Before anypony could contest the Princess’s last statement, the magic green aura locked them in position while Princess Cadance walked nonchalantly towards the three mares. The Princess touched horns with Carina first, and her eyes and aerials turned into a faint tint of green and then stood at attention as if she was waiting for orders. Then the Princess turned her attention towards Lyra, and did the same process. Lyra’s eyes turned to the same tint of green as Carina’s.

“Please, whatever you are doing, just please don’t hurt me,” Colgate whimpered as the Princess walked casually towards her.

The princess smirked, “I won’t hurt one bit, I promise.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


THE BOUQUET! Colgate quickly thought to herself as she turned and jumped for it. Colgate quickly realized she wasn’t going to land very softly. She looked to her left and saw Carina and Lyra falling beside her as well. Lyra’s eyes widened, as if she just realized she was falling and let out an ear shattering scream.This caused Carina’s eyes to break the peaceful trance that they seemed to be in.

Colgate knew if she didn’t do anything they would break into bits upon impact of the ground, whenever that may be. The light was losing grasp of the surrounding features, Colgate used her magic to create light and pointed it downward, which revealed that they were catching up to the ground, and fast. Colgate desperately tried to slow themselves down, but they were still falling too fast. Lyra and Carina glanced over at Colgate and realized she was trying to slow themselves down, and quickly joined her in attempting to save their lives.

The three mares hit the ground hard but the they managed to save themselves. Colgate conjured up her magical light again and revealed gigantic gemstones that glistened in the light. Colgate looked around, They were surrounded by these mirror like gemstones.

“Where are we?” Lyra wondered aloud.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Colgate replied as she glanced at the trashed bouquet next to her, “but I can guess that we are very deep in some sort of cave,”

“How do we get out!” Carina yelled, which echoed multiple times until it became a faint whimper.

“What even happened to us?” Lyra asked.

“Princess Cadance put us under some sort of spell, I was the last one to go under,” Colgate explained, “It seemed to be mind altering.”

“I don’t care what kind of spell it was i just want to get out of here,” Carina complained.

“She’s right, Our first priority should be getting out of here, then we can worry about what the Princess is planning,” said Lyra.

“Alright,” Colgate said as she examined the room, “Anybody happen to be good at teleporting?”

“No, only pony i know that can teleport is Twilight,” Lyra explained, “It’s a difficult feat.”

“Okay, it appears that there is a tunnel leading this way,” Colgate said as she walked towards where she saw the tunnel. The three mares followed the tunnel, it was going up a slight incline as far as Colgate could tell and she assumed that they would be going the right way, if there even was a way out of here.

After several minutes of guessing which path they should take by simply just judging which path is going more up, the trio stopped to rest for a bit.

“What if we never get out of here,” Carina wondered.

“Way to keep the moral up Carina,” Lyra said sarcastically.

“I’m serious, we don’t even know where this cave will let out if we do even make it out!” Carina worriedly said.

“Carina, we will make it out of her,” assured Colgate, “It’s just a matter of time.”

“But Colgate!” Carina complained.

“Shut up!” Lyra said in a hushed voice, “Do you hear that?”

Colgate listened as silence filled the cave. A faint clash echoed through the chasms of the cave. Colgate looked up at Lyra, “Is that...fighting?”

“I don’t know what it is but I’m running right to it!” Carina yelled excitedly.

“Carina! we have to be quite if we want to be able to follow that noise,” scolded Lyra.

“Alright,” Carina responded in a whisper.

The three mares listened intently as they drew nearer and nearer to the sound of the fighting. The noises were getting louder and louder.

“What ever it is it sounds like chaos out there,” Colgate said aloud. The trio turned a corner and saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Colgate finally let down the light she was producing and rushed toward the exit.

When they reached the exit and saw they were just outside of Canterlot Castle near the gardens. all they saw was chaos. Complete and utter chaos. Little black monsters were terrorizing all of Canterlot. Mares and colts ran through the streets screaming as the little black monsters chased them.

“Shining Armor’s spell must have been broken,” explained Colgate, “This must have been the threat,” Colgate paused for a moment, “What are those things?”

“They look like changelings,” Lyra said.

“Changelings?” Colgate asked.

“Yeah, I read about them once, i always thought they were a pony myth, but I guess I was wrong.”

In the distance Colgate saw as a group of changelings dragged Twilight and her five friends into the main castle.

“No it can’t be! Who will save us now?” Colgate asked with eyes full of worry.

A group of changelings descended upon the trio. The three began blasting them with pure magic but the three were only drawing more attention to themselves. Within seconds hundreds of those creatures were attacking the three unicorns.

“Well girls, I guess this is it,” Colgate said defeated when suddenly a burst of pure magic expanded out of Canterlot Castle and into the sky and all of its surroundings driving all of the changelings out.

“Well...” Lyra said astonished, “Guess we’re safe now.” The three young mares began to laugh and yell in excitement and embraced each other.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Canterlot Castle, Princess Celestia explained what had happened to all those attending the Royal Wedding. Then the wedding took place. Colgate thought it was the most beautiful ceremony she has ever saw. Colgate, Lyra, and Carina found each other after the ceremony at the reception.

“Even though we almost all died, I’m glad i got to meet you two,” Carina said. The otehr two unicorns agreed.

“I hope we’ll all stay in touch,” Colgate said as they embraced again, “Looks like the newlyweds are off to their honeymoon,” Colgate pointed out as she saw the two enter their stagecoach.

“And you knw what that means?” Carina asked as the two others looked at her quizically, “Bouquet time!”

The three mares lines up behind the stagecoach and hoped they would be the one lucky enough to catch it. They saw it fly out of the coach and into the air. It was heading straight towards Carina. Colgate gave Lyra a glace. Lyra knew what she was trying to say, they were going to let Carina achieve her dream.

It was just out of Carina’s reach when she was shoved out of they way by a white mare with a purple mane.

“MINE!”

The End

authors note: I did know that third pony’s name, so i just gave it one i thought was cool. I looked around but i couldn’t fine one. oh well hope you enjoyed.

Comments ( 24 )

1. Those three were actually changelings; they appeared in the fake wedding.
2. Work on your grammar.

Carina? Is that her name? I've been calling her CottonCandy Mane. :derpytongue2:

493388
I just gave her a name, I honestly didn't know and i was finding different names every where

493384
They never state it, it could be assumed but then again, they could be under a spell like Shining Armor, They had the same green eyes as Shining Armor when we was under the spell... But i just wanted to write a short little FICTION

And in my defense, none of the changelings in their "pony" forms had green eyes

493428
Well, it is a theory.
Also, you capitalized fiction..You assume that, because it's fictionary, it doesn't need to make sense?
Also, may I suggest you get a pre-reader?

Also, glitch in the desc.
It says 'seemingly bottom abyss', yet the minute Colgate lights up her horn the bottom comes into view.
I'd suggest making it long, and have Lyra and Carina say their goodbyes whilst Colgate powers up a cushioning spell or something.

493437 Fictionary... ficticious... fictional... whatever, anyway making sense doesn't necessarily have to do with it, fanfiction is more about deviation from canon. :moustache:
Also, 'seemingly bottom abyss' should be probably be fine, it was just seeming. :derpytongue2:

493437
probably would be for the better, but i'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week and i honestly just wanted it done.
And last time i ventured to find a pre-reader things just turned ugly.

BTW sorry if i seemed angry, didn't mean to lash out at you, I was just defending my "theory", as you said.

493455
I apologize too, I'm not in a good mood. Been dealing with a bloody art theif.
As in flaming.

493451
No,it never SEEMED to be bottomless. Right off the bat they saw the bottom.

493467 Haven't read it yet, should probably shut my trap. XD :pinkiecrazy:

Isnt her name Twinkleshine? That's what's in the wiki.

493384
I don't think so, I think they were just possessed by the Changeling Queen. Think about it; would you question your queen over Rarity's dresses? They had to have not known who Cadence really was, and so are not Changelings.

493467
It says while they were falling that it was getting darker and darker, but its whatever, i don't care much, i didn't spend long writing it.

493489
....I didn't want to write twinkle constantly... and Carina is cuter in my opinion.
Carina is a name of a star, lets say its her nickname

493492
I meant the ponies that attacked Twilight and Cadence were changelings, as Lyra, Colgate and 'Carina' were seen at the fake wedding, but I understand your point.

"Carina" would be the First wave "not mane six" toy Twinkleshine

Good story :pinkiesmile:
I like the name Carina, too.

Axz

well this was a sweet little story, and a fun casual read.
here have a few pinkies for a job well dune:pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile:

As for there names http://mlp.wikia.com says they are called Minuette and Twinkleshine
i don't know if the names are canon or not but i always found that site reliable.

494350
Well I personally like Colgate much much more than Minuette and the vast majority of people accept Colgate, it's even Colgate on the fimfiction character list...But for twinkleshine or whatever, I just didn't like that name so i decided to give her a name of a star like Lyra.

Axz

494510

i agree whit you there, Minuette really doesn't sound like a name if you ask me (even by pony standards)
and i agree whit you again, twinkleshineis a bit of a mouth full, and i don't really care what they are called, none of them is a character i give a lot of thought.
just thought i would post is sean's you in the story said you didn't know the name.

So that's how you ended it? It was a good enough read, so I'm satisfied.

Anyhow, I should have an edited version of this for you at the end of the week, fixing all (or all that I can find) the grammar mistakes and whatnot. If I haven't, then nag me endlessly on Steam when you get back.

Oh, and have a mustache or two :moustache: :moustache:

Oh - one biiiiiiiig mistake in that A.N. there - it says you did know what the pony's name was. :scootangel:

689201
well, i went to ponywiki, and the name was ... i use this term for lack of a better one "girly" , it was like twinkle shine or something, and i simply didn't like it and there was no importance of that character, so i simply chose to name it after a star since her "real" name related to stars... so forgive me for naming her something different

689909 Oh, right. I get it.

Login or register to comment