• Published 14th Nov 2014
  • 682 Views, 14 Comments

Rise of the Bronze Age - Colonel-Majora



She was friends with Princess Celestia. She was the youngest engineering graduate in Canterlot history. She had a future. But things will end badly when Factory Sense, Equestria's best robotics expert, loses everything, including her sanity.

  • ...
3
 14
 682

III: A NEW AGE BEGINS (Vector images at chapter end)

9 years later…

~~~~~~~~~~~

Incident Report
To the desks of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna of Equestria
By word of Lieut. Spear Head
Appaloosa Oversight Squad
May 13th


Your Esteemed Highnesses:

Last night, our team was making nightly rounds in Appaloosa, as well as in the surrounding area. I was finishing the last round of my shift when I heard very odd noises around the northern edge of town – like gas. Almost like a pipe suddenly releasing air. I took the time to look around the area, but there was very little to be seen. After all, we are in a rather barren desert. I thought I saw a pony out of the corner of my eye, but upon a quick scout, I determined there was nothing to be seen. Besides that, it was honestly too dark to search any further.

I brought to issue to my S.O., and since we were off duty this morning, and he thought the noises I described were quite strange for the desert wilderness, he had some troops and I survey the area further. Many of the guys were skeptical, saying I was being paranoid, but we later came across a cave a few hundred yards from the very edge of town with what looked like a previously occupied base inside of it. There were only a pair tables, and some leftover papers and such with nothing of importance among them. It looked as though whoever was there left in a hurry, and if what I saw last night was actually the ones occupying the cave, then they must be quite efficient to have packed up and left so fast.

I only bring the issue to you, Your Majesties, as I have heard of the recent reports from other towns and bases. We all know that reports of strange looking – and oddly, strange sounding – cloaked ponies having been seen here or there, and then being gone immediately after. And of course, our squad quickly caught word of the reported sighting a few months ago of the unidentified armoured vehicle near Manehatten. Some of the stallions here say it was just an exaggerated claim by the one pony that saw it, and that no vehicle is as advanced as was described, but I believe it, and that it may be involved with all of these odd reports from our fellow soldiers’ bases.

I am not sure what you think of this, my princesses, but I thought it best to inform you nonetheless. Thank you for your time.

With respect and regards,

Lieut. Spear Head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Luna,

Another report has come in. A soldier and his squad stationed in the town of Appaloosa have found another abandoned base. This is beginning to get rather troubling. If all of these sightings and reports are talking about the same thing – if we are dealing with a widespread group of ponies that are able to hide from everypony in the kingdom – I fear for what may be coming next.

As always, I hope that these letters find you in good health. I look forward to hearing back from you sister. Do let me know how the Saddle Arabian delegates are faring.

Your loving sister,
Celestia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dear Luna,

You made a good point in your letter. These reports certainly have been coming in for quite a while. They could certainly be sightings of common thieves, or even of select criminal groups. You know as well as I do it would not be the first time that small groups of dangerous characters have come together to cause trouble for us. Though, this time seems different. The reported sightings all seem too similar in description. And that report of the large vehicle near Manehatten is one that I am ready to believe.

Perhaps I am overreacting, yes. On the other hoof, the times when I think that I am overreacting, undermining an issue, and am mistaken, are often the times I fear the most. You know more than most how badly that can end. Either way, I hear good things from Saddle Arabia, so I assume the better for you on your trip. Twilight sends her regards.

Love,
Celestia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna,

I have had a long chat with Twilight and our advisers. They do not know what to make of this either. Twilight is certainly puzzled. She says that somepony would need a great deal of assets and support to have associates in all of the places we have gotten reports from. She has sent some of her friends to examine a few of those locations, and advised the citizens of Ponyville to be on high alert for any suspicious figures. Honestly, she is handling the situation quite well. We should both be proud of our youngest royal.

Let the ponies there know that they have my thanks for taking good care of my little sister, and know that I look forward to seeing you home again soon, for good company, and to discuss these pressing matters.

All the best,
Celestia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Luna,

I received your letter, and I share your worries. When I received the notice from Shining Armour and Cadence that a group of ponies saw what they saw, I immediately got a sinking feeling. Glowing orange eyes; I have heard of only one thing like that, but it is unlikely. Once you get back, sister, I will call on a meeting for all the royals. You and I, Cadence and Shining Armour, Twilight and the other Elements will all need to talk about this. There is clearly something serious going on, and knowing that this new threat has individuals at several corners of the kingdom, we need to prepare ourselves for, well, whatever it is they may be planning.

Please send off a letter the moment you receive this, Lulu. I only ask for swift replies out of concern.

Deepest regards,
Celestia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sister,

I have not heard back from you in days. Please let me know that you are alright. If these reports are correct, and the same sightings of strange ponies with metallic clothes are coming all the way from Saddle Arabia, I fear that things will change for the worst soon. I have discussed this with the the others and they feel the same way. Spike actually brought up something that has become a very concerning issue. He said that we should perhaps bring in all of the ponies that saw something and speak with them face to face, to get all of the details we can, but days after I had Spike help me send out letters to all of them immediately, I still have not gotten any replies. Also, Twilight has mapped out the locations of the sightings, and, barring a few outliers, the latest locations seem to be getting closer and closer to here, in Canterlot. I am legitimately getting worried, sister. Please reply soon, the public is beginning to get more word of the reports, and soon, they will get scared.

They would certainly not be the only ones. I need you here, with me, Luna. Please reply soon.

Celestia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celestia walked tensely down the hall to her bedroom. The nearby guards had all moved to the main hall for new stationing orders. Some were to stay there at the castle, while other were to be sent to various surrounding areas. Even Luna's nighttime guard of bat ponies, and the majority of the Wonderbolt squadrons, were there being reassigned. Things were quiet for the last few days, but Celestia did not know whether to feel better or worse about that. Today was the day to send out the troops and protect the castle, and Celestia would make sure that it was done right.

Unfortunately, she was still greatly distracted. Luna had still not replied, and while she had sent her last letter only a day and a half ago, she felt it best to press the issue. She decided to send notices of her sister's lack of response to the ponies immediately around her in Saddle Arabia.

She reached her bedroom, and proceeded to her letterhead, not bothering to open any curtains or light any torches, as she left a lantern lit near her desk the last time she left. She flexed her horn and levitated a feather pen to the writing surface and stopped. She was momentarily confused, and in only a few moments, she read, then pondered, then went wide-eyed.

"NO". There, on the stack of papers, it was scrawled in unmistakable writing.

I TOLD YOU. YOU CAN'T KEEP ME FROM THEM.

She was there. Where? She spun, and standing there, rage in her eyes, large Siphonite crystal in hoof, the familiar bronze scientist with the familiar metallic leg was trotting forward, ready to seize the princess where she was.

"I think it's time to take away everything that you love,"

She raised the stone, and Celestia began to feel herself weaken.

"...wouldn't you say?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Factory Sense (Age: 19)


(Also available HERE)

Factory Sense (Age: 29)

Author's Note:

Well, there you have it. The prologue to the story I may or may not or probably will never write. The fact is, I am not a writer. Never have been. I just wrote this down because I wanted to make an OC, I thought it should have a bit of a backstory, and I kept thinking of things like what you just read. I tried to give it some flavor with the incident report, and the letters, so please lemme know what you think, and I will hopefully release the picture of Factory soon. Hope you guys have enjoyed!

P.S. - If you wanna make your own fanfiction of this, be my guest. Just lemme know, and we can talk. :)

Comments ( 8 )

The 19 year old pic isn't working. Might be my browser.

5293172 it appears for me, so I think you are right. It may be your browser. Here's the image on another site: http://colonel-majora-777.deviantart.com/art/MLP-OC-Factory-Sense-YOUNGER-w-Inkscape-File-489501227

If you read the whole story, hope you enjoyed it! :)

5294937
ah. That works. Must've been my browser. Thanks!

And to your other message, I did and I did. :twilightsmile: good job, wish there were more.

What a story! That was a short but good read! :pinkiehappy: *golf clap*
Shame there isn't any more, I'd love to see you continue it!

7457660 Thanks, friend. :) I never really plan to finish it. it is sort of just a way to give Factory a backstory. Still, glad you liked it :D

This is Great
I need more of this

I've been stumped as to how this story could continued in a nice way and I found it
have you listened to "I Expect You To Die 3: Cog In The Machine"? yeah the feel you get from Dr Prism(the inventor lady) singing feels like what Factory Sense would be like if she went for a Calculated Seizure of Power Instead of lying in wait for vengeance

Login or register to comment